Anomie

I apologize for the blog faggotry

I don’t know what to do with myself in life, completely directionless, lacking purpose. I’m 19, dropping out of college this semester (a mistake to go in the first place) morning got transfer to CC, but idk I just want to go out and work.
I only take meaning in my Church, the institution of the family, and the IDEA of nation (problem is there ain’t no nation anymore, just st a corpse)
I’d what I’m doing with myself or what I should be doing
>how is this politically relevant?
I think it stems out of Anomie, or a disconnect with the individual and society, I believe this effects a large majority of all western white makes in this day and age, some succumb to hedonism and decadence, others resort to escapism such as vidya and TV, and then others like me are left sad and bitter, without a clue

Wat do?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/111469379/#111478135
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you decide to leave college or cc, do it clean, so that after you labor for peanuts like a slave for a while, and get drunk and party, you can go back and earn a shitty little HVAC degree.

I was in your position once. I was on the verge of dropping out and just wanted to work any job, anything at all. In the end I didn't and completed my degree. I can see without a shadow of a doubt that being out and working is so much better and fulfulling than college. However the directionless and lack of purpose is still somewhat there. After a few months at your new job, if its not something you have a passion for then you just feel directionless again. Problem is finding that direction that you will be good at it. Hopefully you find a good job because its not easy, once you do it gets better though.

I only drink occasionally , no drugs, besides tobacco if you count that.

I once told my parents I was interested in trade, they said I would be “settling” and I needed a degree

I came in not knowing what degree I should go for, still don’t
Everyone said “it’s natural to not know what your doing”
My dad even said a communications degree would be good, idk

I always enjoyed my after school job more than highschool

Bump

Do whats right for you but even with 100% gdp growth the labor market is only going to contract in the future. College is a scam but if you do it right you can have an extremely better, wealthier life. Its true that non college educated people make it in the world. People win the lottery also.

Whats your work history like?

whine on the internet, on a politics imageboard

>Work history
Three years working in a restaurant after school and over summer
Frying food, washing dishes, etc

>Embed

Ever try any physical labor? I'd look into wwoofing if you'd think you'd be interested in farming. I've done it a few times in a few different states. Its a great way to meet people, learn how to farm, and to actually see another part of the country. You can try it for a week or for a whole season.

>I'd look into wwoofing if you'd think you'd be interested in farming
What?

You communicate very well and believe in God
Think you’ll be fine

get a job, start a family

That’s the goal, I’m lost atm

Stop vidya. Lift. Eat. Find a creative hobby. Find a career. Go to church. Date nice churchgirl. Read.

This is not hard.

If you just rush into taking lame community college classes you aren’t intetested in, that may further discourage you.

Have you thought about trade schools? Welding, mechanic, construction, electrician, etc?

I haven’t played vidya in 3 months, and when I did it wa in occasion
I lift regularly
I eat well, grape juice in morning strictly water afterwards
I’d like to get into firearms, those really interest me, but lack the capital atm and live in liberal shithole
Find a career? I’m lost on this
I’m a faithful man, but have missed church for over a month because of college
Date a church girl? I hope to

Clean your room.

I have thought about trade, but when I talked to my parents about it they said I’d be “settling” into that field, locked in

You're free lad, get a job, travel, have hwhite babies.

"Hunger for meaning" is loneliness + boredom. All this philosophical shit is just arrogant midwits jacking eachother off; look at the primitives, who have no clever philosophers, and look at our "enlightened" society, and see who's more desperate for "meaning".

I agree

Join coastguard as a diesel mechanic.

op, did have one piece of advice about schooling
saw a book in the library, about the Ancient Spartans
their word for education was “agony”
think they were right
their laconic way of communicating is great too
Best of Luck, dude

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/111469379/#111478135
Lemme know if this helps.

Transcript:
I'm gonna use a practical example to illustrate the issue.

Say you want to learn how to play the guitar.

To do that, you'll have to buy an instrument, suffer the initial pain as you develop callouses and manage frustration when you fail to accomplish your practice goals.

Even when you succeed at playing a song, the pleasure you get from it is kinda 'meh', isn't it?

At least when compared to passive entertainment, drugs, food, orgasm or, say, playing fuckin' Guitar Hero.

These are better shortcuts for pleasure. If pleasure is your main goal, they'll typically be favored over anything that requires effort and causes frustration.

How can you solve this motivational problem?

You have to reduce or get rid of unproductive vices, first of all, as they'll always tempt you to give up.

But, more importantly, you need to stop doing shit for yourself only (or for others only, if you're a collectivist) and start doing things you enjoy or consider fulfilling for yourself AS WELL AS for others.

Want to play the guitar? Do it with the intent of playing for friends regularly or join a band.

If you want to good for others, instead of going to an asylum to wipe the ass of the elderly, play the guitar for them. This is how you stay motivated, by pleasing yourself as you serve others.

The more you can put your spontaneous interests at the service of a cause greater than yourself, the more meaningful your life experience will be.

Purpose overrides the need for immediate pleasure.

Goodass advice imo

Thank you.

Get into the trades stop being a little bitch and don’t cuck yourself short. 14/88 all the way and you will be fine.

Move to hungary and teach English. Budapest is beautiful and so are the women, as well as conservative

Niggers

Go to a trade school. Get a trade job.

>19
you have literally no problems. make and plan and follow through, that's what Brian Boitano'd do. weep and worry for those of us in the same boat at 32.

Have you tried being less of a faggot?