What did you think of Mouretsu Space Pirates

What did you think of Mouretsu Space Pirates

openings.moe/?video=Opening1-MoretsuPiratesAbyssOfHyperspace

I liked it. Half cute girls, half semi-hard military sci-fi.

It's in my top 10 for whatever reason. Something about it just appeals to me.

Delicious Space Pirates

It is very very good. I wish we would get another season.

>player without volume slider

it was ok, the anime-original stuff was stupid though.

>rightclick
>show controls

Boring and a touch too hammy.

Did it copy Captain Harlock?

>page up / page down
>scrollwheel

>People ITT actually praising Mouretsu Pirates

Gross. It was boring as fuck

It was one of the greatest anime of our time.
I'm still waiting for s2.

S2 never, just when they gonna rebel out of their current insurance scam business.

It was good, not the best thing i've seen tho.
How was the movie?

I liked it. Although I could never understand the overarching stuff (wtf was the whole princess thing fighting about?).

A lot of character moments and fun stuff going on and a nice mix of hard and soft sci-fi, mixed with pretty good ship space combats with attention to ECM and ECCM, which I haven't seen other shows do.

Felt like a nice homage to Space Operas in general, even with the melodrama.

Movie kind of had the same issues of the show, but amplified, like all the good was better, all the flaws more easy to see.

I did actually like the movie and tv character designs, both work imo.

Don't fool yourself, nothing was gonna happen just like the rest of the show.

THICC character designs.

this show good?

The extended opening is fucking baller. That fucking choral AYE AYE SAH, how much fun did they have recording that shit?
Are you suggesting the accurate depiction of an Archimedes' Death Ray IN SPACE was stupid?
It was more fun watching it with Sup Forums than it will be marathoning it, but it's still pretty good.

no, pic was not related. i was more complaining about the zigzag nonsense in the end

Chiaki needed more screen time, in fact, the show should have been about Chiaki.

Meh, school girls part ruined the show.
Also her fucking eeeeeh? all the time.

Why is the main girl so fat?

BORING
O
R
I
N
G

I thought the show was pretty weak to be honest. After getting over the fact that its yet another high school drama but with a different setting, it still didnt have a strong enough background to really draw me into the story. A lot of the background characters just seemed like superficial stereotypes. Though, there were some that did go a bit deeper than just playing their roles. I did like Marika a lot though. Her personality is really what drove the show, for me.

This so much.
I appreciate that they tried to be more than adventure/moe ( there was some talk about space politics, the action was grounded, and the characters were developed with some back story) but holy shit, it just didn't sit well.
Good idea, nice intentions, could have been executed better.

>semi-hard
Good description of my dick during the show

Marika was a good MC and I'm glad Mikakoshi got popular afterwards.

I don't remember anything about the story, though.

It sparks the strangest but most interesting discussions on Sup Forums.