KIMI NO NA WA

Kimi no Na wa is now number 1 in the Japanese box office, is the number 1 bestselling novel, and it's soundtrack is the number 1 bestselling album.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-31/makoto-shinkai-your-name-also-tops-paperback-book-and-album-charts/.105964

So is it safe to say that Makoto Shinkai has earned his place as one of the best animated filmmakers?

Other urls found in this thread:

japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/08/31/films/film-reviews/name-makoto-shinkai-next-big-name-anime/#.V8eZViZlDqB
youtube.com/watch?v=X2kGaP7N2VA
youtube.com/watch?v=PDSkFeMVNFs
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BDrips when?

after the release

perhaps in 6 months

Unknown. But Funimation will be having a limited screening of it in US theaters later this year

Review of the movie from The Japan Time Times.
japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/08/31/films/film-reviews/name-makoto-shinkai-next-big-name-anime/#.V8eZViZlDqB

The movie literally just came out. We're not gonna get BD rips for several months. We MIGHT get a camrip, but watching a camrip of a Shinkai movie defeats the purpose of watching a Shinkai movie.

Is this the "finds a way" movie?

Has anyone listened to the soundtrack? I want to but I don't want to spoil the movie by doing so.

>listening to a film's soundtrack = being spoiled

No.

You're not gonna spoil the movie by listening to the soundtrack. If anything it'll just make you more hyped for it.
youtube.com/watch?v=X2kGaP7N2VA

No.

Not in the literal sense of plot spoilers, obviously. But like, if I really dig the soundtrack I'll play it to death and then there could possibly be moments in the movie where the music may not have the same effect as it would have had I not listened to the OST

Fare enough. You may as well listen to Zen Zen Zense though.
youtube.com/watch?v=PDSkFeMVNFs

>perhaps in 6 months
> in US theaters later this year
Kotonoha no niwa could be somehow released rather fast, why can't this shit be?

Shinkai found a way

They found a way

Because Funimation got the US distribution rights early on so they want to make sure that it sells when it comes to the West.

Kotonoha no Niwa's BD released the same day it came out in Japanese theaters, which was VERY odd for any movie that's newly released in theaters.

It's unlikely that we would get a repeat of that occurrence.

>BD released the same day it came out in Japanese theaters
>VERY odd
Unless we can get it in theaters in us/euro as well, this should become the standard.

Does this contain bodyswapping?

'no'

Yes.

>Kimi No Na comes out
>Keit-Ai is banned from Sup Forums
We live in dark times.

His movies are nothing but shallow, sappy love stories that are about on par with made for tv dramas. Sure the animation is nice, but I can't see his movies ever being recognized for anything more than that.

Tell me more

Shinkai is a fucking hack.

On a scale from 1 to 10 how much lens flare does this film have

And you're a contrarian faggot.

Y-yes.

I've been saying that since Hoshi no Koe.
I feel like he's the anime equivalent of Coelho.

So you're basically admitting that you're a contrarian faggot then.

Why would you want the movie to be spoiled for you? I've already told you enough. I'd rather you go in with a fresh experience.

>user is a full fledged contrarian
Oh my. Tell me more.

The lyrics themselves could contain spoilers, you never know.

Still mad I couldn't get away from work to drive down to AX and see it.

Any word on dates yet? Or is "later this year" the best we've got?

Good.

all his previous movies look nice - which is a shame because they're also melodramatic horseshit

don't have high hopes for this one

A young man is infatuated with a maiden.

YAMEROOOO

>Sup Forums will constantly shitpost about this until the BD rip comes out
Wew, 6 months.

FINDS A WAY!

Powerless in his endeavor of making his romantic feelings clear, he is gifted by an aparatus of divine-like powers with the maiden's contact information.

it´s just another awful, predecible movie of Mr Shinkai. He just make a sequel of 5cm with the exact plot (No story, hateable characters, completely worthless and meaningless symbolism) AGAIN.

Not our fault japan have awful taste in anime, user.

Why didn't you just lie that you were sick then?

How a novel can be best-seller with only 74,000 copies?
Japan have 127 millions of japs. Only 0.05% of jap buy the novel

At least he delivered wallpapers

Way to go out on a limb and make those assumptions about the movie when you haven't even seen it faggot.

>Not our fault japan have awful taste in anime, user.
It was gaijin in Anime Expo premier who said this anime was Shinkai's best work first.

What the fuck happened to Shinkai threads? They used to be so comfy until lately.

Nice propaganda, they were always shit.

>Kimi no Na wa is outselling Koe no Flotachi
Like pottery. KyoAnus BTFO.

Koe no Katachi isn't out yet, but there's no way it'll be able to top this. It's gonna be tough enough for them to follow Kimi no Na wa as it is.

Kyoani mainly makes late-night anime, obviously an established filmmaker with several successful works is going to outsell them.
Plus, Katachi isn't out yet.

>Shinkai's copypaste movie is a roaring success due to keit-ai meme

And people say Sup Forums never does anything for the industry.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/

Do you think James Camerson is one of the best filmmakers? No. Shinkai is a an absolute hack.

Yes. If you think otherwise then you're just being a fucking contrarian.

Maybe.

>it's another "an anime/manga is super popular in Japan so user decides to spam/shill the fuck out of it and turn the board against it for lulz" episode

Stop posting Keit-ai because it's already an anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

Meme magic is real.

Just why?

ITT: Mods.