KJV Only

Is KJV the best English translation or is it the only English translation?

Other urls found in this thread:

rense.com/general60/zcre.htm
concordant.org/version
youtube.com/watch?v=TUTlvAsLyPM
youtube.com/watch?v=SyXQSUT4_hI
youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ&t=34s
wol.jw.org/en/wol/binav/r1/lp-e
biblegateway.com/verse/en/1 John 5:7
originalbibles.com/the-original-king-james-bible-1611-pdf/)
youtu.be/eGwwScorP6w
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke 1:28&version=DRA
bible.org/article/why-i-do-not-think-king-james-bible-best-translation-available-today
catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/tyndales-heresy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that the Scofield Bible is a Zionist forgery

rense.com/general60/zcre.htm

Related

Who cares? It's a crap book full of jew myths. Hardly worth the reading.
Read Battlefield Earth instead, I think it's shorter, has shit going on every page and has an actual lesson to teach(fuck psychopharmacology).

Revelations 2:9
>I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
I'd hardly call that a crap book full of Jew myths.

Duoy Rheims

checked

Of course its not the only English translation. It's just the most significant. There are other versions such as the NIV or EVS which are easier to read. Honestly, it's best to read/switch between these different versions because there are some words in the KJV which are obsolete now and so the newer versions can help make more sense of things, but I still use KJV as my primary source.

*ESV

he was a pedo. read the concordant LITERAL version, free online. concordant.org/version
it's about half way down the page

Shit is that real? Assange seems liike a breddy gud guy.

> I'm so Christian I go on an Anime forum where people jerk off 24/7 and talk about it

If I want a bible without any of the original books taken out, which one do I read?

NIV is better.

All those versions are cancer. KJV is the only true English version.

I don't know, but I'm really sad my grandparents got me an NIV when I was young. I plan on buying grammy a KJV for christmas.
>buying a bible for a pagan holiday
deal with it.

nope. john 3:16 is in the present tense, in the version i posted. for Christ lives, yes? all the other ones are past tense. and much more. check it out. remove the html5 's'

K J V or NO READ ME

What version did you post?

Assange is /our/guy. He is our defacto leader. God bless Julian.

Even Genesis is mind blowing
>in A beginning
>God's voice hovered over the waters
but written even better. that was off top of head. jewkipedia ranks translations on literalness and ease of reading. this version is basically written in the original languages. it's like having a "concordance". it's not easy to read at all. but I love it

There are better translations out there. KJV is good for literary/cultural reasons but it has it's flaws for sure.

The Bible that preceded the King James Bible was the Geneva Bible, which was responsible for the Protestant Reformation. The KJV is a CATHOLIC translation that did away with the side bars (which told the readers that the Catholic Church was the Biblical Whore of Babylon).

ESV is close to NKJV, which is close to KJV. Honestly, I don't know why people reject these two when they're SO close to KJV itself. But, to each his own.

Is it the most accurate to the letter and meaning of the original?
It's good to remember that we live in an age where, with a little effort, essentially anyone can find the answer to that question and flesh out their understanding of biblical history rather than having their local priest/pastor swear by one translation and spur the rest.

>desecrating Sakura like that
You "people" are lower than rats, you need to be exterminated.

If it's such a crap book why were bronze age writers able to create a book that communicates through an egyptian numerology forum to shitpost at sinners?
>757
>Acts 7:57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,
That's you being mocked by the almighty via your digits. For additional context, this was a follower telling an anonymous crowd that Christ is the son of the lord which they attacked him for.

God wants you back user, and he is trying to reach you any ways he can.

how about the literal part that says we should put you to death faggot?

>I don't know why people reject these two
They're not close on the most important parts.
see

all those without Christ are spiritually dead yourself included

It's actually not a very good translation

Is the King James Bible Infallible? (39 Minutes)

>not learning hebrew, greek, and latin to read the unadulterated versions instead of the kike filth
fucking pleb

this

>But their scribes and Pharisees murmured against his disciples, saying, Why do ye eat and drink with publicans and sinners? And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Luke:5:30-32(KJV)

John 3:16

Why translations are so important

youtube.com/watch?v=SyXQSUT4_hI

While we're asking, what about the "New American Bible?"
>Catholic
>1970
>John Paul II
>Second Vatican Council

>Is KJV the best English translation

>Gay Flag
>Posting Heresies
I'm starting to see a pattern here.

observe my numerals, satan BTFO

:). does this person also say the tense is important? imma watch this mavie nao

Must watch desu
youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ&t=34s

>Christ lives is a heresy
ciao!

Speaking of patterns. I'm seeing more bible post on here and from local news.

>learning Hebrew and Greek
>still reading the Nestle Aland reconstructed version instead of the textus receptus

Y'know what, I don't really give a shit about K-On, but you're still a real piece of shit.
>learning hebrew
>to read the unadulterated versions instead of the kike filth
Uh, but, but mate why would you want to read fucking jew language so you can read their myths in the original jew writing? You could just read that shit in the only language anybody ever needs and say "shit, these myths are fucking stupid" just fine.

>Implying the jews weren't the ones that counseled King James into commissioning such a work
The Catholics had a fair point in claiming such acts were heretical; way too much of the translation process makes too many different facets and interpretations, when in reality each point is supposed to be of a single revelation unto itself. Not to mention Greek and Latin are awesome, hebe speak less so but it gives more understanding

Clementine Vulgate and it's english Translation the Douey Rheims 1899 edition has the same verses as the king james

Second that God bless Julian.

Neither, really. It's neat that it preserves the thou/ye distinction, but it fucks up in a lot of other ways:

>Doubtful pericopes like the Pericope Adultera and the ending of Mark are included without comment.

>It has the Comma Johanneum.

>Random words like unicorn for words they couldn't translate.

>Confuses book of life with tree of life at end of Revelation because they used a haphazard Greek text that was back translated from Latin, and a copyist misread ligno for libro.

>Uses ecclesiastical words for church officers instead of proper translations because James didn't want Puritans questioning the authority of the Church of England.

>Not to mention Greek and Latin are awesome, hebe speak less so but it gives more understanding
Do you have any idea the amount of work and scholarship that went into the KJV translation?

The Jewish language was mainly used in the old testament russkienon, and it helps to give a better sense into just how degenerate they were and a more full scope of just how many times they went to far and got their shit pushed in

and yes, but look at all the different versions that sprang from it. That's partially the reason the Church didn't want it translated; to keep the interpretation to the educated monks and other members of the clergy instead of Owen Farmsteader, who can barely read on his own. It promoted more and more division, and ultimately fucked everything over

It's a sign user
>The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm:14:1(KJV)
Pay special attention to the oneness that the world is trying to promote and the parallel between Babylon in genesis and prophetic Babylon in the Book of Revelation.

Yep Assange is confirmed /ourguy. Seems like are other choices are kike loving posers or scared. Infowores Pic related

Churches have gone years with just a few pages from a random Bible. The principles are hard to confuse in any language. Salvation is a gift from God through faith to those who believe in the Son of God, Jesus.

>to keep the interpretation to the educated monks and other members of the clergy instead of Owen Farmsteader

Well they shouldn't have done so many unbiblical things like indulgences. The word of God shouldn't be locked away amongst an elite. Also there's so many versions nowadays because it's a money making scheme along with some demonic versions like the new American version.

Agreed, but the point was to have faith, and having an ordained priest fully educated reading from the textus receptus and giving his sermon was part of community building. That and the clergyman oftentimes educated commoners, at least in latin

Checks themselves.
complete nigger in the full.

Neither. The KJV is the worst Bible out there. It has removed God's name completely with the exception of ONE verse. God's name in the Bible was in it over 7,000 times and the authors removed it out of personal bias. The KJV is also full of spurious verses as well.

God's name in the Bible was in it 7,000 times. In English pronounced Jehovah. The KJV removed it completely all except for ONE VERSE. Who gave those scholars the right to remove God's personal name? If you had an autobiography and you wanted me to publish it would you compromise your own name in it? What does God think of people removing his name?

>(Jeremiah 23:27) They are thinking of making my people forget my name by means of their dreams that they keep relating each one to the other, just as their fathers forgot my name by means of Baal.

Do you notice how Jehovah credits the Ba'al for his people forgetting his name? Who is Ba'al? It is a demonic god. From God's POV it is SATANIC to remove his name.

The Best Translation is The New World Translation. The most accurate to the original languages as possible and the least bias. It is published by Jehovah's Witnesses. It sticks to the original languages while abandoning Bible tradition. It is also a study Bible with references to relating verses that help explaing other verses. It is available from Jehovah's Witnesses and also as an app on your smartphone as JW Library. It is also available on line as well.

Also

>American Standard Version
>Reference Bible
>Kingdom Interlinear
>Byington

Here's a link:

>wol.jw.org/en/wol/binav/r1/lp-e

You can also download it as an app on your smartphone.

If you want to see how much a Bible translation can change what you are reading look at this

biblegateway.com/verse/en/1 John 5:7

Look how differently they translate 1 John 5:7

>jw who denies the divinity of Christ is mad that the KJV calls God, God.
wew

>The KJV is the worst Bible out there. It has removed God's name completely with the exception of ONE verse.
Is this your version?
>Be you in a cult.
Get redpilled on the word of God.
>still be in cult.
Weww.

This is what I was a talking about spurious verses. This verse is not in the original manuscripts. It has been agreed by Bible scholars that this is a spurios verse. It is not in any of the early Greek manuscripts, or any of the early translations, or in the best manuscripts of the Vulgate itself. The passage is first found in a treatise entitled Liber Apologeticus, of the fourth century, and that it appears in Old Latin and Vulgate manuscripts of the Scriptures, beginning in the sixth century. Modern translations as a whole, both Catholic and Protestant, do not include them in the main body of the text, because of recognizing their spurious nature. RS, NE, TEV, JB, NAB

This is why our NWT leaves it out.

>NIV Footnote: 1 John 5:8 Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 8 And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)

>(not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)

KJ21 And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and these three agree in one.

ASV For there are three who bear witness, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and the three agree in one.

AMP the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three are in agreement [their testimony is perfectly consistent].

>“not in any of the early Greek MSS [manuscripts], or any of the early translations, or in the best MSS of the Vulgate itself.” footnote in The Jerusalem Bible, a Catholic translation

Not alot Actually

The Authorized Queen Elizabeth 1
and
The Authorized King Henry VIII

Had been translated just before King James' version. The translators borrowed HEAVILY from those versions.

Watch this for the actual history of the King James Version.

>not just learning Latin

kek

Rev 22:19 "And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from these things that are written in this book."

Basically it is a curse on anyone who cuts something out of the Bible. The original KJV had the full cannon of books, (originalbibles.com/the-original-king-james-bible-1611-pdf/)
but now they have cut out 7 books.

So the Bible basically tells you that the KJV is under a curse. Use it at your own risk.

The best English Bible is the Douay Rheims Bible.

>not just learning Hebrew

>reading high poetry and pretending it's gospel
get with the vulgate kiddo

We don't deny the divinity of Christ. We just deny that THAT deity was God himself. Jesus is a god in heaven like the angels, Satan, and demons. He was a god on earth like Moses and the judges. That's why he's a god, mighty god, the only-begotten god.

Way ahead of you on Bible-pills.

The NWT is unique that it bypasses all the traditions and previous versions beyond the KJV and goes straight for the original manuscripts, scrolls, and fragments left behind going back 2,000 years. Here's the references used to translate it.

Original Hebrew Writings and Early Copies
>Aramaic Targums
>Dead Sea Scrolls
>Samaritan Pentateuch
>Greek Septuagint
>Old Latin
>Coptic, Ethiopic, Armenian
>Hebrew Consonantal Text
>Latin Vulgate
>Greek Versions—Aquila, Theodotion, >Symmachus
>Syriac Peshitta
>Masoretic Text
>Cairo Codex
>Petersburg Codex of the Prophets
>Aleppo Codex
>Ginsburg’s Hebrew Text
>Codex Leningrad B 19A
>Biblia Hebraica (BHK), Biblia >Hebraica
>Stuttgartensia (BHS)

Original Greek Writings and Early Copies
>Armenian Version
>Coptic Versions
>Syriac Versions—Curetonian, Philoxenian, Harclean,
>Palestinian, Sinaitic, Peshitta
>Old Latin
>Latin Vulgate
>Sixtine and Clementine Revised Latin Texts
>Greek Cursive MSS.
>Erasmus Text
>Stephanus Text
>Textus Receptus
>Griesbach Greek Text
>Emphatic Diaglott
>Papyri—(e.g., Chester Beatty P45, P46, P47; Bodmer P66, P74, P75)
>Early Greek Uncial MSS.—Vatican 1209 (B), Sinaitic (א),
>Alexandrine (A), Ephraemi Syri rescriptus (C), Bezae (D)
>Westcott and Hort Greek Text
>Bover Greek Text
>Merk Greek Text
>Nestle-Aland Greek Text
>United Bible Societies Greek Text

23 Hebrew Versions (14th-20th centuries), translated either from the Greek or from the Latin Vulgate, using Tetragrammaton for divine name

Here's an actual scholar's video about it, much better rundown than a 5 minute video from a Catholic apologist.
youtu.be/eGwwScorP6w

>The best English Bible is the Douay Rheims Bible.

Tell me more

>We don't deny the divinity of Christ. We just deny that THAT deity was God himself. Jesus is a god in heaven like the angels, Satan, and demons. He was a god on earth like Moses and the judges. That's why he's a god, mighty god, the only-begotten god.

pic related is you

Woke af.
Kill yourself, kike. But first take your faggot memeflag and shove it up your candy ass and light it on fire after soaki g it in kerosene.

>The best English Bible is the Douay Rheims Bible.
I kinda switch between that and if I have a hard time understanding I look at 1965 New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition

Is the orthodox study bible ok?

>We don't deny the divinity of Christ. We just deny that THAT deity was God himself. Jesus is a god in heaven like the angels, Satan, and demons. He was a god on earth like Moses and the judges. That's why he's a god, mighty god, the only-begotten god.
I hope burning in Hell was part of tour plan.

Now fuck off from all Christian threads you 19th century Masonic cult offspring. Seriously, you people are fucking disgusting.

Actually the KJV 1611 had those 7 Apocryphal books, plus another 7 books the Catholics cut out, dum dum.

Those books were dropped to save ink, because books were expensive 400 years ago. And it is obvious when you read them that they are not inspired by the Holy Spirit... which is why they were Apocryphal and not regarded as canon in the first place. They are Roman garbage, just like your apostate church.

Why would I even watch that ? 7 Books are removed from the Bible, highly favored instead of Full of Grace.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke 1:28&version=DRA

The KJV was translated from texts that dated no earlier than the 12th century A.D. The texts were in such bad shape that the compilers of the texts and the translators of the KJV used…thats right, the Vulgate and the Douay-Rheims Bible, to make corrections. Some passages in the KJV were not even translated, just lifted directly from the Douay-Rheims Bible.

>the best bible is the one that teaches you to pray to satan
[2] And he said to them: When you pray, say: Father, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. [3] Give us this day our daily bread. [4] And forgive us our sins, for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation.
>tfw your father is not in heaven
>tfw your father won't deliver you from evil.
Fucking dropped, don't want to go to hell.

Lmao you lifted that post directly out of a catholic forum.

They used Greek, Latin and Hebrew texts to translate. You act as if the 7 years they just copy/pasted from an earlier translation.

Mary is Highly Favored? Not Full of Grace ?
You don't get your Hebrew from the Septuagint but form the revised Jewish canon from after the Council of Jamnia ?
Your Greek was from the Catholic priest Erasmus who was seriously sloppy and was working on a Latin text at the time and devoted more of his time to that text. Heck even Evangelicals agree with Catholics on this one.
bible.org/article/why-i-do-not-think-king-james-bible-best-translation-available-today

and then you took out 7 books of the bible..

Yeah no thanks.

Damn that video has lies right out the gate.
Tyndale was killed because he translated the Bible to Englsih.

Of course it din't have anything to do with him writing a treatise against Henry VII trying to stop his marriage to Catherine of Aragon.

Hell Henry the VIIs Bible used all of Tyndales texts to make his Great Bible.

catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/tyndales-heresy

Here's the best version.

Google: errors in KJV
for some elementary background.

It’s not very useful. The language is outdated, use the New International Version

Mr Heretic, I posted a link to the the 1611 version of the KJV Bible. What other "7 books" did the Catholics cut out? How did the Catholics cut out books when the Catholic Church declared the proper canon in 382 AD?

KJV is both the best and the only english translation, the best in the sense of there are other translations in english but the KJV is the only one that is God's word and the only in the sense that it is the Only one that is God's word.

All other versions either: 1. Change God's name (exodus 3:14 "I AM THAT I AM" to "I AM WHO I AM"), 2. Change the Gospel from Saves by faith alone to saved by faith plus works (2 Corinthians 2:15 "are saved" to "being saved"[implying it's a process])

>a faggot telling us what is the correct interpretation of the scripture
lol, you are 100% going to be roasting in hell, it's literally impossible for faggots to believe on Christ according to the Bible

>Douay Rheims Bible is the best
>Changes the name of God from "I AM THAT I AM" to "I AM WHO I AM"(makes no sense)"
You are not even saved, KJV is the only english translation and it aint even close

fuck are you a retard. search epistle.us for david and jonathan ejaculation and then read about five more sets of people. the faggy centurion. the faggy ethiopian. the faggy ruth and naomi. and the faggy born eunuchs and the faggy 144,000 undefiled by vaginas. when it comes to interpreting Genesis, snake dick>apple, every time. you love to ignore that part of your life and narrative. dont even gimme that sodomy bullshit either. hi fags take my daughters. you have much to learn. but you know these things. your sandy vagina doesnt permit you. as a man. from doing except being an adamic cuckold

what's the best bible

Everytime you open yourstupid mouth hell gets just a little hotter for you, not to mention all the children you molested and men you raped. God has hardened you heart and I will not cast pearls before swine, neither will I listen to any filth that poira out of your worthless mouth, since you are a child of the devil and beyond any hope of salvation. Commit suicide like every other faggot and go to hell

also post more of that christian girl