Evangelion

I was really inspired by the psychological elements of the original anime run. I thought it made a great point, and the crazy ending was actually a great send-off that fit with the theme.

Then I watched End of Eva and the 3 movies. Was the ground-breaking anime a fluke? Is THIS what eve was actually about, stupid fighting robots and "ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN HEHE"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=swIwgeaOasM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just appreciate the series and ignore the rest.

EoE was a great ending compared to the anime. The rebuilds, especially the third always felt a bit off for me, but had some very nice action scenes. Curious as to how Anno will handle the ending for rebuilds. which will never happen

The Rebuilds are shit because of 3.0. 1.0 and 2.0 are pretty good and could get better, but 3.0 really fucked it up.

A metaphor for jerking off.

Hope they DON'T repeat the manga's ending...

It is easy to adapt on a writers point of view.
Also because of its popularity.

Main gripe is that everyone forgets what happens, like it never happened. if they do that in 4.0 it would omit the entire story. AN EASY TO UNDERSTAND ENDING.

How is the manga by the way? I heard it differentiates from the anime quite a bit, is it still good?

No, it's not good. Shit ending.

>EoE was a great ending compared to the anime

It went all over your head, didn't it?

No, I think I understood it pretty well. Nice projection though.

Generally inferior to the show, still good. Best things it has to itself might be the view of Shinji's life before Tokyo-3 and a more sinister presentation of Unit 1.

It basically ripped of Space Runaway Ideon's ending.

Be Invoked

3.0 was amazing.
Kaworu:Shinji! This is me speaking as the only person in the world whom you trust! Do not do the thing you're about to do!
Shinji:It's okay, Kaworu, I know what I'm doing. Didn't you say this was the right thing?
Kaworu:New information has arisen which has led me to a different conclusion. Doing this would be the exact opposite thing of what you want.
Shinji:But I'm gunna fix everything, Kaworu! Don't believe me, just watch.
Kaworu:Shinji, don't!
Shinji:Come on. Who's the Shinji here?
Kaworu:You are.
Shinji:And Shinji knows best!
*Shinji does the thing*
*Kaworu's head explodes*
Shinji:Why didn't anyone tell me this was a bad idea?

Perfection!

EoE pretty much retained, and even expanded a bit upon all of the psychology from the end of the series. It added in more robot fights, but the series was literally a monster of the week mecha robot fight show, so not really seeing how that's surprising.

Anno lets people under him do their jobs,without restraint.

His attitude is more apparent with the rebuilds, he is too loose as a director, 4 directors work on rebuild, and it shows.

>Middle rei's slut face.
Hot. Stuff. Donna. Summers.

EoE was fantastic. It was a much better ending that did a good job of properly representing the both the physical and metaphysical consequences of Instrumentality and Shinji cancelling it,

Rebuild was a mistake.

I hope you don't mind if I use this expression for the rest of my life.

Just don't hum the song like I do and were good.

DUDE, you saw the documentary about Eva too?

youtube.com/watch?v=swIwgeaOasM

EoE was incredible. If you don't already know, EoE is what was supposed to be in the last two episodes until the budget ran out. Instead it shows the real-world events that happened before and after the instrumentality psychological cases in the TV series' episodes 25 and 26. Those episodes took place in EoE while everyone was tang'd.

As for Rebuilds, 1.0 was a nice HD recap, 2.0 showed promise towards being in an alternate universe and having some kind of story tie-in with the TV series. I remember being pumped in 2009 after watching 2.0 and seeing the trailer for 3.0. God I can hardly believe it's been that long and we've only gotten ONE more movie.

3.0 though, I fail to comprehend how the Rebuild series can come back from a debacle like that. FUCK it was so terrible. SO FUCKING TERRIBLE.

The characters are written to be inexplicably stupid. The plot is nonsensical. The mindfuck sequences are poorly done. It's too far along to give Mari any meaningful impact in the story. And it's even more loaded with shitty cheap CGI animation.

Anno fucking hates us.

Is this re-uploaded? I've seen this before and I swear it had a lot more views.

The final nail in the coffin for the god-awful Rebuilds would be giving it a happy ending.