What will be the next big isekai adaption after Konosuba and Re:Zero?

What will be the next big isekai adaption after Konosuba and Re:Zero?

Mushoku Tensei?
Arifureta?
Death March?
Or maybe something that's not shit?

I hope its Kumo.

Nah it'll be slime

I would bet on it being Shield Hero. It has great art to draw from, and a slightly different take on the isekai genre.

Mushoku Tensei doesn't have a very strong plot, and loses itself really early on (when they get blown up and sent to a random far-away area). Arifureta is way too chuuni to ever be adapted.

I have no faith in anime anymore, so I'll say Gunota. It's the right flavor of shit to get an adaptation

>Or maybe something that's not shit?
>Lazy King will never get an anime
>If it ever happened the adaptation would be shit
Well fuck you OP for making me remember.

Shield Hero is over, no point in advertising an LN that's already old and busted.

I'd love to see mr. great sage evolve into Teacher raphael.

I hope it doesnt end up FOTM once it airs, if it airs. Else it's gonna be a meme to hate it from then and on [spoilers]Like Sup Forums almost always does[/spoiler]. Though i'm all up for a MT anime if it airs instead.

My bet is Death March.

>slightly different take

What diffrent take, it's the same wishfufillment, muh persecution, mary sue shit we've seen a hundred times.

Dungeon Meshi...

Not sure if making an imouto out of dragon flesh and blood will be a good stopping point.

>Re:Zeroshit next to Konosuba

>Not Isekai
Mushoku Tensei will most likely be a pick since LNs are up to what could be considered the end of a Season 2 with the Desert Dungeon Arc.

Other stuff needs manga or LN in print before anime gets approved, it's all a strategic move by parties of interest to make cash.

Some series just get on their feet faster, good chance spider girl is next if the LN quality is good.

Kuro no Maou

MT light novels don't really sell well, though.

I stopped reading the LN translations a while ago, has it stopped being school bullshit yet?

How strange is it for something to have manga, LNs and a drama CD but no anime to speak of?

As much as I love kumo, I think it would be a really hard sell as an anime. The lack of cute moe girls will mean less otaku sales and you can't really do the side story switching effectively in anime like you can in a book.

I thought it would be doing better than Death March, I heard all sorts of shit was changed for it.

What really saddens me is that the writing quality isn't that bad in Tensei but the journey is too long to adapt. Said in comparison with all the Flying Robot Magic Acadamy shit we've had before it.

Shield bro has the problem of 'slavery' I guess. I can't recall that many anime that steps on those issues.

Neither does Kumo.

>Shield bro has the problem of 'slavery' I guess. I can't recall that many anime that steps on those issues.
So does every other isekai series.
Gotta love all them isekai MC buying demihuman slave girls for "altruistic" reasons.

I also meant MT for that matter, doesn't it also have all of those too?

>Mushoku Tensei doesn't have a very strong plot, and loses itself really early on (when they get blown up and sent to a random far-away area).

That's literally the best part of the plot though.
The only thing that comes near is when they travel to another far-away area to explore a dungeon.

Shieldbro at first was more pragmatical when it came to slavery than anything. Though it DOES become sorta altruistic after a few arcs.

Hooray for happy slave villages

I don't think you understand what isekai is.

I'm afraid if it got an anime, it would get shitposted to death like Rokka did.

Really, why can't you fuckers shitpost shit series instead?

Fuck Isekai shit.

What's the most generic, by-the-numbers isekai series they could adapt?

One with cheat abilities, a demon lord, a hero, an Adventurer's Guild, a harem, slavery, a goddess, the works.

I thought rokka was dead because of it's popularity

Why do these kinds of MCs always dress up in these fedora-tier outfits that are a combination of tacticool military wear and "classy" trenchcoats and formalwear?

The Arifureta MC does the same thing.

Arifureta, except it takes the wish-fulfillment powers to 10000%. MC makes guns and gives them edgelord german names, and drives a magical jeep with his vampire loli girlfriend. He has white hair, and a metal arm too. Literally the worst of the worst.

In Japan, there's a pretty big overlap between the airsoft gun-nut community and otaku NEETs.

The best representation of that would be GATE.

Slime tensei

But why try to mix in the formal wear with the whole gunota airsoft cosplay? Why not just stick with the latter? It's like the worst combination you can think of.

It'd be one thing if they just tried to cop the Secret Service look but these characters go way beyond that and wear fucking tuxes with combat boots and shit.

And that's the point at which the series went to shit.

>implying konosuba is bad

oh no wait nevermind, you were saying that the potential selection for new isekai material to adapt was shit, carry on then

>no animated spoodertits
FUG

It's the Japanese edgelord uniform

It's the same logic as bikini armor.
"Sexy" aesthetic + "warrior" aesthetic = "sexy warrior" aesthetic
"Classy" aesthetic + "soldier" aesthetic = "classy soldier" aesthetic

Well, if you keep up with the raws, there is no more school since MC actually managed to graduate highschool so MC is one of the few isekai protags that actually stopped being a highschooler.

Unfortunately, translations for Kuro No Maou were dead for a while before another new translator appeared at the scene.

We are still like 277 chapters behind Japan.

Yeah, Kuro no Maou currently has 571 chapters and is updated weekly every Thursday morning at 2 AM Pacific in my area.

Also, fun fact, Kuro no Maou predates Mushoku Tensei. Kuro no Maou is actually an older web novel than Mushoku Tensei,

There used to be a lot more but many older web novels have been taken down and either deleted or wiped due to going legit with a publisher.

An example would be Konosuba,

You can only read Konosuba web novel through Wayback Machine because Kadokawa forced the author to delete the web novel once she went legit with them.

>slightly different take on the isekai genre
I literally have no fucking face that would express my amazement at how fucking dumb you are

I want Uchi no musume even though it's not isekai.
Or Isekai Maou, the ones with the comedic twists can at least be enjoyable.

Youjo Senki next year

Looks disgusting.

Oh my god. I thought you were just making shit up.

Too many WORDS WORDS WORDS scenes (unless they deicide to botcher the adaptation) to be grand hit, but at least it won't be log horizon tier niche

Wait till you check out Slave Harem in the Labyrinth.

alderamin also too many words

Isekai Maou is pretty dope.

I like Diablo as a character.

Yuusha ga Shinda.By DEEN.

I hope they adapt Mushoku Tensei
Just finished reading the novel and the redundancy chapters.
It's very good indeed

The only problem is the MC, he's a special snowflake that job to everyone.
It's annoying, that aside, hes a pretty good MC. Kazuma-tier

The MC trying to look edgy with his generic beta Japanese protagonist babyface is hilarious.

Literally Tokyo Ghoul but even Tokyo Ghoul did it better.

At least Slave Harem will never get an anime adaption.

It's way too R-18 even for Narou standards.

The Matrix.

Fantasy anime playing it completely straight when?

Does Narou even allow smut?

The Matrix just gave Neo a trenchcoat.

It didn't make him try to wear camo pants underneath.

Mushoku tensei is best isekai. Rudy is fun because he's a straight fuck up.

Arifureta's MC would look a thousand times less retarded if he ditched the schoolboy jacket and tie and just went for a tight fitting shirt like a Matrix character.

Damn, EMT pulls off that outfit better than Megumeme ever could.

Will it be Tanaka? We already got the manga adaptation (looks like shit compared to LN art).

Except Neo looked like a priest and not some neckbeard autismlord

Because suits + guns = cool.

Also in some settings, suits are normal wear (because it either takes place in the not late 19th century to early 20th century or because they're special service/police/etc.)

> Konosuba
> A bunch of idiots fucking around.
> Pretty much stays as a parody/satire and nothing more.
> Still making fun of things while everyone is still fucking around. Still to this day, the pattern still occurs
> They are still fucking around. Still more parodies.
> Still idiots
> Explosion!/ Bakurestsu!
> MEGUMEME
> M-muh axis cult
> M-muh alpha MC!
> Succubus are great!
Fuck you. I know bullshit when I see one. Like yours.

Like it or not Re:Zero sells like hot cakes.

wtf I hate hot cakes now

Both of you people are full of shit. You make yourselves look bad on your own. Fuck you guys.

If you call a bunch of idiots fucking around interesting at all, then please, evaluate yourself a little further.

thanks
do I go to reddit or 9gag to do that?

HELCK WHEN

Helck isn't an average self-insert MC from some high school in Japan, so never. Also Dungeon Meshi will never get an anime either.

>Only low budget and QUALITY studio could stop this.
I think this will be a popular anime, think Tokyo ghoul + wish fulfillment.

Except it's would be missing about 90% of Tokyo Ghoul's fan demographic.

Fujoshi.

Is there at least a good reason why he's able to do all that shit?

holy shit that looks great

>idiots on an adventure isn't the best thing ever
Neck yourself.

>3 wives
Garbage.

No, when you evaluate yourself, please look within yourself to realize: Your waifu does not exist.

>not being able to self insert into muscular men
He got a lot easier to self-insert after his backstory

>after his backstory
He's his own character. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes but he's so damn admirable that I wish things go well for him.

literally modern guts

And that is why Slayers did it much better. Fuck you

it's amazing how handsome he got over time

>tacticool military wear
Hajime just wears a suit and it's from the dungeon owner's stash.

He also wears that dumb utility harness.

SAO, Overlord and harem fans are big enough.
Even now without anime each LN volumes were sold steadily 30K.

You mean the holster?

The question is, which isekai series does its publisher want to advertise with an anime adaptation? Konosuba was moving roughly 20-30k copies / volume which was OK but not great. Then between November last year and May this year it moved 757k copies. I'm sure the publishers would like to pull that off again.

Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken sold 132k+ in that time period so it might be a good target for an advertisement anime - or it might already be too popular.

I hope they'll give the work to DavidPro's korean cousin
The anime will be a total mess and the budget saved goes to Diu
Two birds with one stone

Nah the edge in tokyo ghoul was ok
Kaneki go trough a lot of shit and all before ending edgy so it's understandable (the problem was just the fanbase that created)

Here the MC is literraly a fusion of the worst edge cliché for no reason

>coat has red highlights on it
Ow the edge.

>Arifureta

Arifureta Vol 4 just sold around 30,000 copies in July. And each volume has sold better than the previous one. So it might be ripe for a boost in sales from an advertisement anime.

I'm pretty sure japs love him

Either that or matching clothes with the waifu. Which wouldn't have looked well anyway with his white hair.

I could see it if they use the art style from the manga, it's a lot better than the LN

Still top edge.
But at least he wears it better rather than looking like a failed cosplayer.

Why does he look like a decade older in the manga?