Selling dead bodies is legal and lucrative in America

>Health inspectors found a man in medical scrubs holding a garden hose. He was thawing a frozen human torso in the midday sun.
>As the man sprayed the remains, “bits of tissue and blood were washed into the gutters,” a state health report said. The stream weaved past storefronts and pooled across the street near a technical school.
>Southern Nevada, the inspectors learned, was a so-called body broker, a company that acquires dead bodies, dissects them and sells the parts for profit to medical researchers, training organizations and other buyers. The torso on the gurney was being prepared for just such a sale.
>Body brokers are also known as non-transplant tissue banks. They are distinct from the organ and tissue transplant industry, which the U.S. government closely regulates. Selling hearts, kidneys and tendons for transplant is illegal. But no federal law governs the sale of cadavers or body parts for use in research or education. Few state laws provide any oversight whatsoever, and almost anyone, regardless of expertise, can dissect and sell human body parts.

reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-bodies-brokers/

I have never felt so disgusted and horrified in my life. The fact that people can, and willingly do, profit off of the sale of dead bodies and their parts is nauseating. I don't know what kind of hell-fuck dystopia we live in where doctors and hospitals, the people who are supposed to be helping us be more healthy, are perfectly fine buying dead body parts and experimenting on them for the sake of technological "progress." Why can't we all just fucking decompose into the Earth like we're supposed to after we die? Why the fuck is there an entire business off of this, the sanctity of human life which is absolutely priceless?

I want off this ride.

Other urls found in this thread:

c-span.org/video/?191861-1/body-brokers
koat.com/article/bio-care-owner-arrested-omi-investigates-remains/5032754
youtube.com/watch?v=R8awPxLWdPo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is fucked OP....just the cherry on top of my day.

someone find out who owns these places because Im betting its jews.

America is the NECROMANCERS' PARADISE mother fucking C O N F I R M E D.

Someone get /tg/ in here I want to play the FUCK out of this campaign, an entire team of necromancers!

I agree.

c-span.org/video/?191861-1/body-brokers

>no federal law governs the sale of cadavers or body parts for use in research or education. Few state laws provide any oversight whatsoever

>oversight

Leftists love this word. It John Oliver's favorite.
Who cares if there's no oversight? What's to oversee? These dead bodies are just big bundles of cells.

How lucrative are we talking about?
I have access to 3-4 a month

You realize that we had our medical and scientific Renaissance when we were digging up bodies out of graves right? Corpses and cadavers help us learn more about ourselves. Buried corpses are a waste of land on this Earth.

>Why can't we all just fucking decompose into the Earth like we're supposed to after we die?
Who the fuck are you to tell other people what they're supposed to do when they die?

You realize that modern medicine wouldn't exist without dissection of cadavers, right?

Fucking luddite.

Also, I'm pretty damn sure they're dissecting formerly willing doners.

>sanctity of human life
You must have missed the part where they're dead.

Did you read the article? The whole point is that these "body brokers" deceive donors and their loved ones, thinking that these bodies are going to be donated to science, when in reality, they're profiting off of them. It is literally fraud and there's nothing anyone can do because there's no laws against it.

>doner
donor.

Holy shit I need to get into this business right now

>cut off foreskin to sell and profit = a'ok
>sell body parts for research =eeeewwww
kys

What I want to know is where do I submit my appliacation to either get a job or start my own small business. TELL ME NOW!

koat.com/article/bio-care-owner-arrested-omi-investigates-remains/5032754

its an ongoing issue

The world doesn't work like that. "Donating" to science just means you're giving the body away for free. Who's gonna transport it? Who's gonna store it? Who's gonna provide the tools to do what they need to do with it? This shit costs money.

>they're profiting off of them
You want people to prepare samples for free? Which part of this is so objectional to you, exactly? The bodies end up in research, as requested, and the people who get the bodies to the research get paid so they can do things like eat.

You only have a problem with this because it's "icky" and you are incapable of divorcing your logical thought from your emotions.

Are you gay, OP? Or trans?

That's not the point. The point is these bodies are not donated to science. They are donated to businesses who sell them to doctors, universities and other research institutions and profit off of them without donors' knowledge or consent. The article also details how a good deal of these body parts aren't even used for scientific purposes; they're disposed of or left to rot.

Because nature.

Why do you assume people like modern medicine?

Take your modernity and shove it up your ass.

It's a dead body. This is essentially like saying "It's terrible that people can buy large amounts of meat and do experiments on it because that is EWWWW GROSS!!!"

Grow up

The bodies are donated. Nobody forces money on the donor families.

>The point is these bodies are not donated to science. They are donated to businesses who sell them to doctors, universities and other research institutions
So they're donated to science? Shocking.

Fuck it I'm in. Now we just need bodies.

When those organs that the now deceased man donated saves someone you love, you'll be singing a different tune.

Free market faggot, I should be able to sell my body

>not knowing how organ donation actually works

I take it from your meme flag that you're of the Abrahamic persuasion.

>Why can't we all just fucking decompose into the Earth like we're supposed to after we die? Why the fuck is there an entire business off of this, the sanctity of human life which is absolutely priceless?
Because the research from this, and injuries in wars, allows people to get their knees replaced, faces reconstructed and any number of other procedures that we wouldn't have otherwise.
Again: we wouldn't have otherwise.
If you were faced with a list of medical benefits that came strictly from dissection and experimentation you'd probably run and hide in the woods and die of a heart condition from an infection caused by a crumb caught in your teeth, like a 'natural' person would.

I know that the elites buy up 99% of them so they can live an extra 40 years and for cannibalism rituals. But that doesn't change the fact that the lives of the common man have been saved thanks to cadavers.

There are laws governing the sale of body parts for transmission to another human being. There are none for general sales, which is what the article is about.

>If you were faced with a list of medical benefits that came strictly from dissection and experimentation you'd probably run and hide in the woods and die of a heart condition from an infection caused by a crumb caught in your teeth, like a 'natural' person would.

This sounds more preferable to me than living in this Orwellian, sci-fi dystopia.

and thats why I won't be being cryogenically frozen.

>Why do you assume people like modern medicine?
Because people with open fractures that need cleaning, then a titanium rod inserted to stop the bone healing in a spiral are usually very clear about how much they like modern medicine.
Short answer: modern dentistry. Try living, as people used to, with a head full of rotten teeth, or no teeth at all.

Off you go then, don't bother shitposting on this tech marvel called the internet and leave behind any anaesthetic, disinfectant or finely woven cloth.
>go to isolated country cemetery that is centuries old
>notice how half the dead are under 5 years old 'carried away by fever'.
this was normal up until a little while ago, even anaesthetic was argued against by devout types until some genius pointed out that God made Adam fall into a sleep when he removed his rib to make Eve.
Off you go to die at 40 from some minor ailment, like nature intended, lol.

thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=R8awPxLWdPo

Where do they get the bodies?

Thanks capitalism.

>why do doctors need to experiment on cadavars

Do you really want a surgeon who has never seen the inside of a body before to remove 1/8th of your cancerous growth from your intestines?

When people (or their families) decide to donate their bodies to science after death, these firms take them.

Don't know about USA rules but the amount of checks and forms for my father-in-law to donate his body was intense. There's so many conditions that people either die with or from that you might find it difficult to donate your cadaver or organs. He was dying of cancer so it turned out he wasn't suitable.
Whole different procedure when people die in accidents, are organ donors and otherwise healthy. After you're informed there's no hope somebody has to approach you and ask if it's ok to get the needed bits so some poor bastard with bad kidneys or lungs or liver or heart or whatever can live a little more.

This... is.... extremely haram.

Probably on a base...look at the concrete wall..

My point is that these doctors and hospitals are BUYING these parts. If a person donates their body to such scientific experiments, the hospital or research institution should handle the transportation, storage, etc. and the fees should be included in the institution's operating costs. The fact that these middle-man firms even exist and are profiting off of arguably the most sanctified free resource on the planet is disgusting and evidence of a spiritually devoid, virtue-less society

Also, the backboard has the acronym

REMSA

I believe that's RENO fire department.

>medical schools and universities buy cadavers

literally not news

>same color of skin when dead as alive
>WEW

Reno fag here. Remsa is the ambulance company. They are contracted to parts of the state, but they are a private company.

>If a person donates their body to such scientific experiments, the hospital or research institution should handle the transportation, storage, etc.

Do you realize how fucking expensive that is? What if they just wanted an arm or something? It's cheaper to buy it from the middle man that has already chopped the arm off and will deliver it to them in an ice cooler.