fucking no

>Gakou Gurashi
this is now a b8 thread

>butt hurt babies cant handle a little electra complex

YYH

Nah, mate. Usagi drop anime is really better than the first arc of the manga

>UBW
lol

anime gintama is better than the manga (manga is not bad tho)

the art is more consistent in the anime but its pace is off and it cuts a good bit of material

Shigatsu wa kimi no uso

I'm a huge Araki and Togashifag, but I think YYH and the new JoJo anime are arguably better than the manga.

you shouldve added the clause
>4 komas dont count

the jojo anime is alright but no way is it better than the manga

While Pegasus' death is far more fitting than what happened in DM, I can't complain when DM Pegasus was the best part of the mediocre show.

>new JoJo anime are arguably better than the manga.
fucking heresy
fite me in real

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Pain

Ouran cause it stopped before the manga became what it was parodying.

Cardcaptor Sakura

Agreed on Jojo but I disagree on YYH. Keep in mind the dub isn't all there is to the anime, and there was also a lot of artistic charm from the manga that didn't end up translating into the show. It's still very good though.

Both are equal levels of trash lol

Paniponi Dash.

I can't handle a huge tone shift. If I'm reading a cute sol it should not suddenly fast forward to drama, drop characters and end in a weird fetich

Can you post examples? Not trying to put burden of proof on you or anything, just genuinely curious

Basically every moment has been adapted extremely faithfully and beyond. It's also the only anime in the past decade that comes to mind where studio changes actually improved the source, such as airing Cinderella before Shigechi's death, us not seeing the Kakyoin time stop til later, etc

where's the lie?

Bullshit. The episodes where crammed, filled like a fucking turkey with content. Try to tell me a scene where there wasn't someone talking, or where someone wasn't traveling.

>Ouran cause it stopped before the manga became what it was parodying.
It always was what it was parodying, though. I can't think of a single parody of a genre that isn't also an example of the genre.

Mai Hime
Utena
Shingeki no Kyojin
Sword Art Online
Sailor Moon
Chrono Crusade
Nodame Cantabile
Gintama
K-On

Shigatsu was better in anime format.

fuck you the manga was artful, just because the OP was damn good doesnt mean it surpassed the manga. Manga pacing, paneling and action were all 10/10

Anime felt slow at times, extremely rushed in others, too much emphasis placed on visual direction and not enough on story

Anime adaptation ranking 2 > 1 > 3 >shit > 4

one Piece

was the part of the manga that went past the anime any good?

>crammed like a turkey

That's an interesting way to say "fast-paced" Sup Forumsnon. Also, tell me a scene in Phantom Blood manga where no one is talking or traveling. It was just the style of shonen story telling back in the day

>Mai Hime
is this bait?

no

Yeah, I remember that manga came after the anime

that's too bad, what happened?

Parasyte, although its been almost a decade since I read the manga.

>Nodame Cantabile
maybe
this one benefits more from animation than I'd thought

They kill of Meryl and aliens invade... Not even joking

>tell me a scene in Phantom Blood manga where no one is talking or traveling
The Jonathan and Erina montage

oh wow it really is that bad

I'm tired and it's been a while since I read YYH so I can't express it well but when I said artistic charm I meant it literally. Most of Togashi's paneling techniques such as where there's abrupt movement between panel to panel or page to page to surprise the reader or express speed, or using a different art style / extreme shading to convey a tone shift weren't retained in the anime. I don't like the HxH anime but they tried to keep some of those in there. In YYH, not so much, mostly because it's an older show and the budget was probably not too high. A lot of the chapter covers are really cool too and capture the novelty of 90s suburbia, but by nature those don't belong in anime.

Also a few strikes on the anime for stuff like Two Shots and the ending not being adapted at all.

That same montage is in the anime.

Are you familiar with the term "affectionate parody"?
Besides, Ouran was far more family-themed than romance, which is what it mainly parodied.

Any CLAMP adaptation.

That's pretty cool! Thank you

>No backgrounds

Haruhi.

Yotsubato

Hajime no Ippo

>Sailor Moon
Fight me, faggot.

/thread

>Chobits
>UNDERPANTS better than the manga

Trigun. Especially once the manga goes past where the anime ended.

Fuck it was so bad it ruined the anime for me.

The sketches in the final chapter are really nice, Togashi's honestly not even a bad artist.

yeah he's just really really lazy

Magi.

Come at me.

What the fuck is even going on in Magi? It genre hopped to SciFi or some bullshit?

THIS!!!!

>90s
>cool
But yeah yyh is da bomb

The manga isn't bad but the anime is like a 10/10

Akame ga Kill. At least the anime got it over with quickly.

While Togashi make a perfect expression in Gons face, I like it in the anime a little more, just because of the cleaner lines and Megumi Han's performance.

>K-on
correct
>everything else
fucking disgusting,. kill yourself

Same but that first and third panel are so much better in the manga, really shows how mindfucked Gon was.

Nazo no Kanojo X. Because it knew when to stop.

for I'm stupid

Welcome to the NHK

Sakamoto

Uh-huh. And what genre do you consider Haruhi to be, and what genre it to be parodying?

Outlaw Star

Magi is misleading. At a glance it is just battle magic shounen shit with an Arabian Nights skin but in truth it is Age of Empires: The Manga.

FUCKING KILLER QUEEN'S REDESIGN. DEFEND THAT.

Different poster here: Whats the difference? I'm looking at pages from the manga and comparing them with the anime but they look exactly the same.

Haruhi is a light speculative fiction/drama, and I don't know how you can't see the many genre parodies in it. Have you not read it?

Ears and forehead. It looks like a doberman rather than a cat

Prism Illya

He is talking about the colour manga and the video game art, people are used to seeing KQ as a very subtle pink with white eyes but the anime colour is a more intense pink with crimson eyes.

Of course I can see the many genre parodies in it. They're all subgenres of speculative fiction, so Haruhi can't really be considered out of the genre(s) it's parodying.

Nichijou (manga is good but it benefits from the animation)
Aria (same but with OST)
Hidamari Sketch

Trigun

Almost any ecchi manga. Because of boobs motion.

I fucking love Japan so much

KKK
Nichijou
Magi

Nope.
The ears are fucking weird now, and the face is way too expressive.

Chibi Vampire
That ending in the manga was just fucking retarded and still pisses me off

Hunter x Hunter

Knights of Sidonia

Manga was confusing as hell, and MC falling in love with giant limp penis alien instead of best girl was just stupid.

Double bullshit
In a manga you can get away with heavily written dialog it since you can go to your own pacing (if you would read pic, it wouldn't take you more than a minute or two), on screen hearing it all can be a fucking chore.
> It was just the style of shonen story telling back in the day
*Shitty shonen. Because the ones that hold up had moments of silence. If you watch fist of the north star, there was a lot of establishing shot (I don't know how to call it in anime), where the only sounds where the music and sound effects. ( youtube.com/watch?v=OV7H1IUjC3s , youtube.com/watch?v=It-daXUtVkE these were usually used in dialog-less moments where the mood and characters were the foreground of the scene, where while they usually said one sentence or so. to get the idea across.

Shigurui

99, you mean. 2011 is lazy.

Outlaw star

But is there wololo?