Artistically a 50/50 balance between the 2000s anime art style and the 2010s art style

>Artistically a 50/50 balance between the 2000s anime art style and the 2010s art style
>Crunchyroll was popular but fansubbing was still thriving
>Internet memes were on the horizon but weren't really a thing yet
- More variety in subject matter than any other year of the 2010s so far

Was 2013 the most ideal time to be an anime fan?

Other urls found in this thread:

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What? Is this a joke?

>2013
>internet memes werent a thing
>acting as though subbing is dead

What the fuck is this post? Are you 13?

They existed but weren't very prominent. Memes are anywhere from 8x to 13x more prevalent now than they were three years ago.

Since 2013's anime is still watchable, the current year is the best year to be an anime fan since not only can you watch 2013, but '14, '15, and half of '16.
Next year will be even better, since there will be even more good things to watch.

>2013

Were you living in a cave with no human contact until 2013? Or is this a subtle request for old and dead memes?

Memes became a really mainstream thing in, like, 2011

>Trollface, sad frog, umad, so ronnery, etc weren't very prominent.

Bullshit, they were different memes but I'd say they were even more places than the current ones

That's because Internet Memes are mainstream now. Memes have been dead since 2010.

You are a good user.

Rage comics are alive and thriving, sir. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't slander such a delicate and complex form of expression.

What's the difference?

>There are people browsing this board right now that don't know that all those frog edits originated from a comic series and that the one that popularized it was about taking your pants off to pee.

This thread just makes me sad to be honest, memes were EVERYWHERE as early as 2007, this thread just reveals how much of Sup Forums's population is 1.

underageb& PLEASE leave

The best anime I have seen mostly fall within the early to mid 00s. The only caveat is they were all drawn at such a low resolution.

"B-but modern anime sucks, didn't you know?"

>>Internet memes were on the horizon but weren't really a thing yet
I don't even know how to respond to this.

What this guy said. Wojak has been around since 1995, trollface since 1997, Dat Boi since 1999, etc. Long story short, Internet memes are fucking ancient.

>2013
>old
FUCK

Can confirm it was just as shitty as it is now.

When did the concept of memes become a meme itself? When everything became a meme?

>tfw people born after 9/11 are shitposting RIGHT NOW
I want to die.

>memes are from 2013
>anime is unwatchable before 2013
>acting as if Crunchyroll is now the only way to watch anime

ITT: 13 year olds who just learned about Sup Forums and memes off the facebooks

OP here.
Don't tell anyone, but I'm 18 .
I haven't been 13 for a long, long time.

Memes became ironic in like... 2010, if that's what you're asking, before that they were actually good

Hey OP, I have a question for you

If you're 18, why can't you remember anything before 2013?

>tfw been underagedb& for half a fucking decade
It feels so weird being of age now. Is this what it's like being old?

>memes were EVERYWHERE as early as 2007
Not even, memes were everywhere since humanity was painting on cave walls. "Kilroy" is a well known vintage meme that achieved apex dankness circa 1942.

millenial: the post

That being said, you are implying 2000s animation or 2010s are in any way superior to any other time period when CGshit and korean photoshop hatchet job animation surged during the past decade.

I will agree though that on terms of accessibility yes the present is the best time to be a consumer. But as an animation enthusiast it's hard to not lament as traditional animation continues to be completely phased out by digital means and more of the great artists of old die every year.

Mid 80s to late 90s was the best, modern anime absolutely 99.9% a shit

Interesting... I hadn't heard of this 'Kilroy' meme...

lol sure thing, Grandpa

80s anime moves at like 5 frames per second

I actually want to kill myself every time I read that someone won't watch anime not made within the past decade because it "looks old"

Millenial anime "fans" disgust me

Don't kill yourself! 90s anime is fine. I'll watch 80s anime too if it's that important to you! Even 70s and 60s!

>60s

Even I have my limits user, I'll forgive you if you let those slide

millenial thread

Dicks out for harambe lol meme jk #blacklivesmatter

I'm working on my masters in feminism I'm going to fight against the white man

Today someone at work said they liked trump and I didn't put soy in his caramel macchiato lol fricking bigot #imwithher

You know I'm not gay but I might date a guy just to help smash cis hetero normativity and the heteropatriarchy I'm not gay though but there's nothing wrong with being gay I think I'm bisexual

I dropped anime that year, too many let downs I didn't come back till fall 2015.

user... there's nothing wrong with me just because I'm a Millennial. Some Millennials are 34 years old!

Memes and shitposting are old as fuck. The internet is just the newest medium for it.

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

>40 / 12 / 18 / 4
At least use sage when postong in bait thread, idiots.

2013 was the ideal time to be an anime fan for one reason: pic related.

KnK was fucking shit faggot

I don't know if you missed the other fights but the bitch can practically fly.

KnK was great.

dat animation though

>Crunchyroll was popular but fansubbing was still thriving
Either you started using the internet after 2013, or you're clinically retarded.