What now since yen press got hold of it and skywood got DMCA'd?

What now since yen press got hold of it and skywood got DMCA'd?

Wait for official release to catch up in about never?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/Konosuba-Vol-light-novel-Wonderful/dp/0316553379/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1471391597&sr=1-2&keywords=Konosuba
youtube.com/watch?v=ienp4J3pW7U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fanfic

It's dead, Don't ask.

another dead LN project. Move on.

/thread

Fuck off FBI-kun. Mossad already got your man first.

ye but vol 9 is last one

>he does not know

Why do the LN and Manga's Aqua looks more pure and innocent than her anime counterpart?

;;;;

I-I swear im not fbi jews

That's exactly what FBI Jews would say

It's a shitty series anyways

The Jews may have won, but nothing of value was lost

Because it's styled to be generic.

>paying for published content like normal people makes Sup Forums sperg about DA JUICE

You will be the death of the western anime market

Jew press aims to ruin everything

Faster to wait for anime to catch up now

Sup Forums generally does not consider this to be a point against piracy.

Because waiting for it to catch up while yen press dmca everything takes about a decade

>You will be the death of the western anime market
Good

Except that paid published content is of lower quality than the one done by a bunch of weaabos for free.

Shit illustrator. It's one of the rare instances where the anime is superior to the source material.

I wonder about that one.

*that said

Jus read Yen Press translation of No Game No Life or Overlord.
Even if localization doesn't hurt your autism, their translators do such retarded mistakes and stupid changes that it makes you wonder what the fuck is wrong with them.

Yenpress did noting wrong, blame Kadokawa and blame translators to bend down like peasants.

>there are people on this board who think this is a bad thing

Not him, but I've only ever read(and bought) their Spice and Wolf translations. They were pretty good to me, though I never read the fan tl'd version. I have heard that the first NGNL by them was absolutely terrible, so maybe it's just a case of a good translator working on the series.

Something would rise up when v10 is released..

R-right?

Trust in the crimson demon clan.

Megumin winning isn't enough for you lots?

I have no issue with actually buying official light novels.

The problem is when Yen Press picks up stuff that's already been translated up to like volume 9/10 or more. Yen Press is slow as balls so it'll take them like 3-4 years to get back to where the fan translations were and then we'll be even more behind.

the western anime market will die, come back and die again before those faggots catch up to volume 9

I wish.

Imagine being a retarded faggot and reading ongoing never ending LN's?

Especially with pussy whipped translators that stop at any official licence and thus cause inconsistencies when new trans by different fags do it.

Any Yuusha Party reader here? When will we get a TL that doesn't get bored after doing 3 chapters and drops it?

>Yen Press is slow as balls
A new volume every couple months is fast as book releases go. Do you really think it'd be a good idea for them to flood the market by releasing them every week or whatever?

>every couple months

I wish. They release a volume like every 4 months. If it was every couple then series would be caught up pretty fast.

After you pay 50 bucks/ch .

>that doesn't get bored after doing 3 chapters

Funny, that's how I felt when reading it.

Why? It's a cute story about a chunni demon and his waifu.

This is generally untrue. If you look at the majority of translations on, say, Baka-tsuki, including the old ones that got taken down, you will find that they are of conspicuously poor quality. This is hardly surprising considering many fan TLs are done by students with a tenuous grasp of Japanese or by way of a secondhand translation from Japanese into Chinese and then Chinese into English.

Even more popular titles were not immune to these problems. You have only to look at the old Fate/Zero translation or Kizumonogatari one to see just how shitty your average fan translation actually was. There are some that are actually pretty good, like the ones done by the Index guy, but those are the exception rather than the rule.

Actually on average they have better quality. That, of course, not to say that even their best of the best releases don't have mistranslations, idiotic localizations for no reason and other shit, which is may be acceptable for people translating in their spare time for fun, but not for people who doing this for money and trying to sell you result. Problem is, "better in average" doesn't cut for a company that sell those translations. Add to this years of time before they can possible overtake what was already translated _years_ ago, and you get a lot of angry people.
If they weren't retarded, they would buy good translations, edit them to perfection, and release new books every month or two. But noooo, they need to feed their own translators (possible relatives or relatives of friends, etc) and make their own translations, dragging every series into production hell while simultaneously DMCAing everyone else.

> release new books every month or two
Books have to be solicited like a year in advance so that isn't practical than you think.

You have literally no idea how publishing works, do you?

People are still posting this without any evidence?
All evidence I've seen points to Japanese companies sending 99% of the dmcas.

I don't understand why people can't just judge the translation of a series by itself instead of judging the whole company.

They probably have to pick them up at some point considering they're partly owned by Kadokawa now and how popular it is in Japan.
The longer they wait, the worse it will be for everyone, so why not now?

I'd say the ones done better by the weebs are an exception, not the rule. (speaking about LNs specifically here. NGNL comes to mind, good lord avoid yen's translation).

>they would buy good translations, edit them to perfection
Are you professionally fucking retarded? You want them to what, contact every random joe on the internet who provides a decent fan translation to what they wish to sell? Do you realize the legal hurdles they'd have to jump working with and paying that many random people? How many assholes who'd probably request stupid sums of payment? And everyone else is right, the average translation quality is iffy. They wouldn't be shitting books out even if they could do this. There's no "conspiracy" to keep their relatives fat and fed, holy fuck you sound ignorant.

I have idea how it shouldn't work - like it working right now.

>I have idea how it shouldn't work - like it working right now.
Do you actually read books on an even semi-regular basis.

amazon.ca/Konosuba-Vol-light-novel-Wonderful/dp/0316553379/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1471391597&sr=1-2&keywords=Konosuba
February 2017 it seems

>buy the fan translations and use those
If they even tried that, no Japanese company would sell them the licenses.

>release new books every month or two
If you have too many things coming out at once, some of them won't get bought at all. Spacing things out increases sales.

>If you have too many things coming out at once, some of them won't get bought at all
Not that user, but wouldn't they be bought anyway if they come from a series?

heh

With word in "buy good translations" you don't understand?

Yes. And I read them faster than they coming up, so it's not my problem if some publisher dragging their shit years behind while people on the internet doing it fast and for free.

>If they even tried that, no Japanese company would sell them the licenses.
Blatant and stupid lie.
>If you have too many things coming out at once, some of them won't get bought at all.
Different people buy different series. You can publish KonoSuba and Overlord at the same time just fine.
>Spacing things out increases sales.
Well, good for them them, Then they should shut up about "muh piracy translations" and continue their successful business.

A bit oversimplified, but imagine every customer can afford to buy one book a month, and YP is releasing series A and B. If they release new volumes of both series every month, then everyone would only buy series A and B would make no money at all. If they spread it out and alternate releasing a volume of each one every other month, then people can afford to buy the entirety of both series.
Now imagine that but with a lot more series and you basically have what's actually happening.

>western anime market
>anything else but a bunch of kikes
Pick one

Most people will buy all the available volumes from a series and then jump into the next one.

>Well, good for them them, Then they should shut up about "muh piracy translations" and continue their successful business.
They lose literally nothing by DMCAing fan translations, and face legal risk if they don't. I know intelligent thought is hard for you, but at least try to meet me halfway here, user.

>With word in "buy good translations" you don't understand?
The one where you think it's as simple as just "finding" a commercially sound and accurate translation for the exact series you need and having little to problems in negotiating with several new legal entities to acquire it.

I.e, you have no clue what you're talking about so I'd suggest you shut the fuck up but of course you'll respond because this is the internet and you feel entitled to being right.

>and face legal risk if they don't
I'm legitimately curious. How?

Read the fanfics bro.

So you are basically saying the shit we are getting right now is the best we could hope for?

That works well for the reader, but not from a sales perspective. Pretty much all that matters are preorders and how much books sell within the first week or two, so going back and buying a new series later isn't going to help.

If you don't protect your IP, someone else can use that as legal precedent when they do something that infringes on it. Even if the fanfic isn't going to hurt sales that much, they need to consider that someone else could do something later that would.

>So you are basically saying the shit we are getting right now is the best we could hope for?
A book every 3 months is pretty good. Even YA shit generally doesn't come out faster than every 9 months.

They are now responsible for that series in that language. Fan translations in that language undercut profit. It is their job to stop that or the holder of that series is going to be angry.

Yes. You can hope that one series receives a translator who puts high value into his work and tries to do a great job, but you have to understand they are faced with deadlines, so probably rush through it. They aren't given the opportunity to really put their all into it. The end goal is to make a profit after all.

Well, fuck officialy translated LNs then, they are clearly not worth the investment.

Google/manga/novelupdates, faggot, do you use it? I know for sure that companies work like that and there's nothing hard or wrong about it, so it's you would shut up with your imaginary problems.

Copyright laws are basically 100% engineered by megacorps to give them herd protection by forcing smaller companies to do retarded shit, day of the rope can't come soon enough.

>they are clearly not worth the investment.
That's why no one bothered with them until very recently.

And that's why they doomed.

I want the Yenpress shills to go away from this thread.

>fan releases translation of text for free
>publisher releases a different translation of the same text for money
>somehow this is piracy, even if it's just translation

>just got three YP LNs in the mail yesterday
Sure, I'll just be over here enjoying physical copies of actual non-shit translations. Have fun, user.

Translations are covered under copyright law, which makes it the near-equivalent of putting the original book online.

>paying for shitty translations and acting all smug about it
My sides.

>non-shit translations
>When the translation quality depends on some random freelancer who doesn't know shit about anime/manga.

But it's not the original. It's a translation.

Are you telling me services like Google Translate violate copyright law just by their existence? Or does Google have a licence to translate every copyrighted work in existence?

I didnt want to bother picking up Accel World when it started coming out since I didnt want to wait months in between volumes just to read shit the anime covered. Has it gone past it yet?

Why not just ignoring DMCA?
Use fuckin yandex disk if you're too lazy

Just download the fan-translation, C&D it, edit it, then publish it. What can they possibly do?

He is talking about translated books, not translation in general.
Translating a book and putting it up online for free is illegal, translating the word "penis" in Google Translate isn't.

Also, often translators switch/change every few volumes or even change every volume.

You can translate books with GT.

So if you translated something one word at a time, it's not violating copyright law, but if you translate sentences at a time, it is a violation of copyright law?

youtube.com/watch?v=ienp4J3pW7U

Really, fan translation sound like fair use. It's not official and is subject to alternate interpretations from the official translation.

>Why not just ignoring DMCA?
Why do that when you're doing it for free anyway, and the series will have translations eventually?

Why the fuck would I ever read a fucking fanfic? The 90s were a long time ago, grandpas.

>implying the 00's weren't the golden era of fanfiction

Translating books alone isn't illegal.
Translating them and sharing them somewhere without having the copyright and shit is.
It's not really that fucking hard to understand.

They were doomed by being "anime books". Lots of foreign novels are successful, and lots of LN could fit in with other YA books. That's why Spice & Wolf and Haruhi Suzumiya had cover changes: to appeal to a demographic that likes those kinds if books, but might be turned off by the art.
Spice & Wolf had it canned, and Haruhi's are only changed on the paperback (hardcover LN are pretty rare, so that's cool).

>western anime market

No different from the Eastern banjo market.

>first Re:Zero volume translation
>professional translation made by people who cares
>they paid him only for one volume

Do you know how distribution licences work?

After 6-7 years?

It would be hard to fuck up KonoSuba and the fan translations have grammatical and spelling errors by the bowlful, which is probably why they managed to translate nearly everything by the time it was picked up by YP.

Not going to by it since it will take fucking forever for them to catch up and I would have most likely stopped caring.

>who doesn't know shit about anime/manga.
I'm okay with this.

Information is free. Blame easy distribution for making an unusually large dent into Mr. Editorialstein's pockets.

>Information is free.
A lot of it isn't.

Don't get me wrong, Yen Press and all the other jews can go fuck themselves for all I care.
It doesn't change the fact that fan translations are illegal, it would be retarded to think otherwise.
No one gives a fuck anyway, so those kikes can cry as much as they can because as long as they keep doing this the way they are doing it now, people will always choose fan translations.

Why LN market is so shit in US?
Look at manga market in France for example.

Yep, literally the same whit we get with fan translations. The only difference is that editor may fix all shit so average Joe would suspect a thing.

People already explained it in this thread. Translating and publishing LNs takes too fucking long and they are forced to compete with fan translations, which are usually shittier but faster. It doesn't help that most people who read LN doesn't really care about quality.