Something has been bugging me for quite a long time. I'm a nationalist...

Something has been bugging me for quite a long time. I'm a nationalist, but I keep saying that the past can't be used to discredit our movement to this day (colonialism, holocaust, etc.), yet we use the past to empower our movement too (heroic national figures, heritage, etc.).

Why no collective shame whilst embracing collective pride? You can't be selective about your collectivist ethos, that makes you a hypocrite.

>holocaust
>a national shame
Really activated my almons, Shlomo

It's not about what you think about it, it's about countering liberal arguments. "It never happened" or "I don't care" won't cut it.

>nationalist

you misspelled faggy annoying internet larper

A fair point. But are you referring to heritage/nation (if so, what nationality are you?) Or are you on about whites as one large collective?

shame as in Western Culture did bad things? why don't the Jews embrace their shame? niggers have a lot to be ashamed about. Muslims were slavers and genocidal on a larger scale than any Christian, yet no shame is demanded from them.

nope just white Europeans have to feel shame. get gassed Shlomo, nobody is buying your bullshit anymore.

Literally the same thing you started in the beginning: If you take up the bad, you have to also recognize the good.

If you bring up holocaust, we will bring up civilizational accomplishments .

If you want to be ahistorical, yet claim at the same time reparations for holohoax, its not going to cut it.

If we keep history out of it, the case for nationalism has real world merits form more efficient government form.

If we keep history in, all ethnicities have valid claims and justifications for self-determination.

Also from a more practical side, propaganda has to be positive.Same way shitty communists do not glorify the starvations and gulags in their propaganda, or Liberals dont celebrate the french terror that came after the revolution, or Anti-Apartheit advocates dont cellebrate what a shitshow Rhodesia or Zimbabve came.

All political movements, bar none advocate itself with its own biggest historic mistakes, either real or imagined.

Talking about fighting white genocide with images of Anne Frank is idiocy.

>discredit our movement to this day (colonialism, holocaust, etc.)
>holohoax
> colonialism, bringing civilization to savages in perma state of tribal \ civil war is bad thing

your nose is poking out from behind the thread op

I'm Dutch. But nationality is rather irrelevant here since liberals use the arguments in an attempt to debunk nationalism as a whole, as in "...this is the kinda stuff this rethoric leads to"

Just pointing at others like "b-b-but y-you d-don't do it either" is not an argument. Though I agree with you, liberals don't give a shit. If they judged non-whites with the same mentality as they judge whites this whole fucked up situation in the West would have never happened in the first place.

Good point, but I feel like falling back to history to back up our arguments will really stack the odds against our favour. The current historical narrative that is being taught in the West is as liberal as can be, and almost every achievement of Western civilizations have some sorta sidenote to it that say how much human suffering the West caused to make sure we won't actually value genuine progress.

Then you learn your history and should be capable of speaking it fluently. Seriously, nationalism rose directly as a counter to imperialism. For all the horror nationalism has done, imperialism has massacred more.

Sure, agree with their narrative on history if they claim it to be such, but also link the current regimes in with the past. Current America has all the traditions of late-stage roman empire. The EU has the beginning sings of Sovietism woven into it.

I find it best to use brother darkie as a shield against shitlibs. And i am being sincere when i say i want nationalism for all peoples wishing for it, no matter their ethnicity or if they are at odds with me at the moment or not.

True. Nationalism is directly contradictory to imperialism. It's what I say all the time- with nationalism the current post-colonial conflicts would have never happened since the artificial borders would not have been drawn. It's funny how liberals claim that drawing artificial borders leads to nothing but trouble, yet advocating for the mass immigration of alien cultures to the West.

On another note, what do you think of the EKRE? Since you're Estonian, and all.

Liberals don't have arguments, man. When you peel back the layers of sarcasm and bullying, there's no argument down there. You have to take them down using Alinsky tactics, because they're not arguing in good faith.

>I'm a nationalist, but I keep saying that the past can't be used to discredit our movement to this day (colonialism, holocaust, etc.)
Explain how colonialism and the holocaust are the result of nationalist political philosophy.

what the fuck does colonialism have to do with nationalism you idiot?

je kanker moeder

Making it really hard not to believe this Jew stuff, OP.

My point being, don't you have any pride in belonging to a nation that used to rule large portions of the world?

Its a decent party with practically Sup Forums style view on foreign policy. But i feel there are not a lot of lessons to learn from the party that would be applicable to other nations.

They benefit most of all from our acute sense of danger that neighbouring russia has bred into the population. I am not certain the same messages would be accepted as easily in more passive regions.

>don't you have any pride in belonging to a nation that used to rule large portions of the world?
I wouldn't say proud. I acknowledge it as a great achievement, whether one thinks it';s overall negative or positive is besides the point, it was a great endeavor which required massive cooperation and organization, the likes of which the world has never seen before. I view that as proof of our superior abilities when it comes to imagination, war, governance and execution

Very true. Same goes for many nationalist movements in the Baltics.

Fair enough.

If your ancestors are irish, chances are some were slaves. When are the irish getting reperations?