Sup Forums. In youth your true self wished to be a hero, did it not? A hero that would save the world...

Sup Forums. In youth your true self wished to be a hero, did it not? A hero that would save the world. You believed in that. You desired it more than life.

Am I wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8sWtKm0Uv1Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>A hero that would save the world.
Nah, I just wanted to be a hero who would beat up shit.

In my youth I stared at girls' panties. I was a very horny child.

>Howard Reid, Arthur the Dragon King: How a Barbarian Nomad Became Britain's Greatest Hero

King Arthur was a russian.

When I came home after being bullied in school I imagined being a hero and beating them up
;_;

I just wanted friends.

After 32 years I couldn't even get that much.

Nah, I was a really edgy kid and dreamed of being dictator of the world and doing all sorts of edgy things that would make people scared of me. Of course, I have accepted that I will always be a loser now.

Not really, I still want to be a hero and I am progressing, I think.

I just wanted to do art.

Yeah... But then I grew up.

I wanted to be Godzilla.

No, I actually wanted to be some sort of villain. A mighty sorcerer that will pulverize all pieces of shit that were bullying me and then dominate the world.

I just wanted to end up living alone as a hermit somewhere in the remote countryside. Now that I'm grown up, I wish to have someone around. Ironic, isn't it?

I wanted to watch the world burn.

It's okay man, we're your friends now.

these, basically I wanted to be a wandering knight-errant
kinda still do

Heroism was a mistake

You're wrong, I wanted to be a dad and find love. I thought everyone was innocent and pure, that was the folly.

I wanted to be dope, ever since I was born.

We can still all an hero.

I want to be you, Saber.

Actually when I was young and chuuni, I wanted to be this guy

I just wanted my parents to be proud of me.

I want to be the villain just because they were more charismatic than the heroes.

>In youth your parents true selves wished you to be a hero, did they not? A hero that would save the world. Your parents believed in that. Your parents desired it more than life???

Yeah, but we all know how that turned out.

Fuck heroism. Heroes are essentially glorified public servants. Villains only serve themselves. When I was young, I wanted to be an unstoppable villain who'd murder my bullies.

That's why you had bullies.

I just wanted to be a man and play with the boys. So I, Emiya, am just a trap for pursuing my true self.

is this true, Arturia? ;)

I wished that I was an omnipotent god, and I still wouldn't mind becoming one.

>not wanting to be a hero
>not wanting to save everyone

This is why a fag like you got picked on. Hell I bet you still have bullies to this day for being a sperg lord.

Shut up Ilya you look ridiculous in that outfit

I wonder how the FSN servants feel knowing that Illya pulls off their outfits better than they did.

Nope, nowdays I keep my mouth shut about crap that's controversial when in civilized society.

Rider would get PTSD flashbacks to her loli bully sisters

Anyone who doesn't is significantly further from omnipotence than average.

...I thought it was funny

Yes.

I wanted to be Jimmy Page.

>Lancer
Yes
>Caster
Equal
>Rider
Not with the dumb eyepatch

You're wrong, I never wanted to be a hero, I wanted to be an adventurer, not a hero. I didn't want to save the world, I wanted fat loot.

this

You bet your ass I did.

Man, I haven't seen this thread in a while.

And no, I wanted to be a mad scientist.

The world isn't worth saving.

i wished to be an anti hero

Kerry NEVER grew up
Not that it's a bad thing
He could not accept that his dreams were impossible
At least Shirou accepted the truth of human nature but still fought for good and to save whoever he could with whatever was in his power

>fate/kids
ay

I wanted to be an anti-hero.

No, I always wanted to be like Hitler.

So in retrospect, yes.

Weak bait, but I still gave a kek

Naw, I was an edgy little shit.

I didn't believe in heroes until I was well into adulthood.

The eyepatch is cute.
But yes Medusa is superior in that aspect.

kys

Actually, I wanted to be a polar bear.

>Kiritsugu.
>Growing up..

The guy was a joke who held one of the most childish and fooling ideals in Fate right up until it crushed him. Hell you've got this stupid asshat in Zero looking down on 'Heros' because they wern't perfect beings who solved
everything only for him to fail far worse than any of them. Edgeshitter couldent do shit without fucking up unless it involed killing people.

Ive never wished to be anything

I wanted to be remembered after I die. At this rate, I'll be forgotten.

Childhood is when you idolize Shirou.

Adulthood is when you realize Archer makes more sense.

I wanted to be a dictator, no joke.

If your belief system is as I think it is I think it would nice to tell you now that nothing will be remembered or matter when the universe dies from entropy and dark energy.

I wished for puff puff action

I wanted to be a villain. Though my idea of villains and hero's was pretty skewed thanks to my dad and I watching marathons of this tons of times as a kid. The villains were clearly always having fun, and no one ever really got hurt.

Father, son, holy spirit are implied here as Tai attempts to reawaken Wargreymon. This video is more tragic than the English version, I assume that Fox Kids censored a bit of it because this was heartwrenching.

In this context, Diaboromon is the devil. Diaboro can be interpreted as Diablo, or as a portmanteau of Diablo and Ouroboros, the snake god in Japanese mythology. The ouroboros often symbolizes self-reflexivity, introspection, or cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself.

Diaboromon is exactly that. He re-created himself millions of times as he is a virus on the internet.

Again, Omegamon / Omnimon's Birth is a result of THREE forces combining together; the mind of the Transcendent Sword, the body of the Supreme Cannon, the soul of the internet.

youtube.com/watch?v=8sWtKm0Uv1Y

That is, assuming that our universe is 100% isolated from any other big bangs that may have occurred/are occurring/will occur outside of it, and that new big bangs are not going to occur within our universe before it reaches entropic equilibrium.

Also fuck the cunt that deleted my original thread. Here, have a one finger salute - or in this case a one sword salute.

u wot

Holy fucking shit man. Your thread gets deleted twice so you just jump onto another thread.

Passionate, aren't I? It's all done in love.

Love for the world, love for you guys.

The father, the son, the holy spirit; everyone! Everyone on the internet! We are broken as two, but with the reinforcements and assurance of everyone else we are a force to be reckoned with!

My father fought for you for 35 years. His fortifications were broken, but are now mended.

I fight for you and I continue to fight for you. The sword is getting too heavy to carry, but I carry the weight of the world wide web on my shoulders! I can still carry it.

We fight for you.

Even then we'll eventually fun out of Big Bangs, and then we'll be right back where we started since it's impossible to stop entropy. Did I get that science right?

run out of*

>it's impossible to stop entropy

Wanted to, then I saw how assholish people could be, so I was like "hell naw". Now I just wish to go on adventures, kick some ass, and get paid doing it. Saving the world costs extra.

you're forgetting that people are obnoxious, ignorant, and stupid. Half of them doom themselves how are you supposed to save everyone if everyone is different, it's a paradox. Also older Emiya is right, silent and tragic heroes are trampled by this world, for no good reason.

How would we ever reach entropic equilibrium without literally freezing time?

so you are correct

>silent and tragic heroes are trampled by this world, for no good reason.
It's because of the way our society is engineered. People love to complain, yet hate to fix.

We can't, so we just hope there's a God and watch anime in the meantime? I not terrified.

I was a rascal when I was growing up so I didn't want to be one. As life moved on and I lost my purpose I started wanting to be one, even if for a single person. Too bad it's never gonna happen.

It would depend on how frequently big bangs occur under the model that predicts them to be natural occurrences. While current models in that category predict them to occur only once in time spans many, many orders of magnitude beyond the estimated lifespan of the universe, that is based on ultimately flimsy evidence and it is still a measure of probability, not an absolute statement.

While this universe may not be sustained by additional big bangs adding new energy into it, there will definitely be another at some point according to those models. In fact, there may just be infinite universes that exist beyond the time and space of ours, beyond our capacity to ever observe them. We have not even come close to observing the spatial limits of our own universe yet.

Entropy is only a law because dark energy seems to be causing the universe to expand rather than collapse, when there is another possibility for the universe's expansion: there is a pull of gravity from the outside of the universe, from other big bangs, infinite big bangs in all directions. The weakness of gravity's pull from cosmic distances becomes irrelevant in the face of infinite - or close to infinite - matter on all sides of the universe.

Of course this is all conjecture, but so is the heat death scenario. Either way, the most immediate - and currently most important - concern on Earth should be whether we can sustain humanity long enough to develop into a space-faring race capable of FTL travel, or indeed whether travel outside of the solar system will ever be attainable or whether we must accept that our fate is to perish along with these planets in roughly ten million years from now.

Yes in fact. I still have chuuni dreams of being chosen for a grand adventure and becoming a hero.

I wanted to be a Formula-1 race car driver.

I was interested in this as well.

I don't help people, I kill them.

No. I wanted to take over the world. Literal world domination.

Now I settled down, hope humanity gets biological immortality 20-50 yrs from now and live for an eternity.

Good post user.

>FTL
FAL sounds possible.

I don't know. I wanted to become an angel. For some reason Eversince I first saw Angemon at least.

I wished to be a hero as a kid.I was always a happy go lucky bright little bastard who wanted to grow uptoprotect people.In middle schoolI got the shit beaten out of me taking on people stronger than me. Heroic idealism sucks.Saber a good though.

No, I wished to be a little girl and my wish came true. That is why i browse on Sup Forums

Your Prillya version did, but the one we know didn't until it was too late.

GO BACK TO /VG/ WHY ARE YOU GUYS LEAKING BACK TO Sup Forums STOP THIS.

Fuck I didn't notice all of those typos. But it sucked wanting to be a hero type growing up. Now that I'm an adult I know what it's like to want to be a hero, but realizing you can't be the hero.

I remember as a kid I wanted to see the world and see beyond what lay over the mountains (despite the fact I've gone past them countless times, but it's metaphorical damn it).

People are mostly all right. Most out there are just like everyone else who want the best for everyone if possible.

It's easy to watch the news and think the world is actually a bad place. It makes it easier to settle for a life you don't want, because "at least my life isn't -that- bad." It's negative escapism.

The image of a "hero" usually involves being a public icon, but I don't think that's necessary. You can passively affect people you know by your actions and your words. It's no different anywhere else.

Funny thing is that Nasu said Shirou was the boy that refused to grow up.

Yes, you fit in now.

I always wanted to be the villain when I was a kid. They're the coolest, baddest, and so alpha that they ruin people'say lives without giving a single fuck. But as I grew older, started doing things, and making life-changing decisions, I inadvertently hurt people, whether that was my intention, or not. People who was and could have been my friends. Then I realized most bad guys don't know that they're the bad guys.

Well, when people were kids, they wanted to be everything they saw as cool and interesting. A game designer, a programmer, a pokemon trainer, a olympian, even a carpenter in my expierence for fucks sake.

Eventually I wanted to be a lawyer.

So... Did you become one?