Guys help out. I just got done watching this series and movie and was blown away...

Guys help out. I just got done watching this series and movie and was blown away. Can my fellow anons recommend me something similar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Gv7cW_ijtQQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

boku no pico

NGE is one of a kind user

I'm finding that out =[

You get a freebie, OP: Angel's Egg, Werckmeister Harmonies

Blessings user

For more Hideaki Anno mecha action/drama, try Gunbuster. It does really cool stuff exploring the interpersonal consequences that light-speed travel could have, and also has a big robot killing alien spaceships.

youtu.be/Gv7cW_ijtQQ

RahXepon
Eureka 7 (don't watch the sequel or the movie)
X (its really really really gay though)

>Mobile Suit Gundam

Bokurano and RahXephon are probably the closest. Read the Bokurano manga before watching the anime though.

If you liked EVA for the giant robots: TTGL

If you liked it for the
>depth
try FLCL

>Eureka 7 (don't watch the sequel or the movie)

Don't.
I really enjoyed it when I was 15 but after watching it again at 24 I noticed it was really boring and I didn't care for any character anymore basically.

The closet thing that comes to mind would be Madoka + Rebellion. I think Madoka itself, for what it was about, did a better job than Evangelion does as far as "telling" it's main story.

It felt more organized, basically.

However, End of Evangelion is as close to perfect as I've seen. I know some people hate it, but for me it's the best anime film ever made. If it wasn't for EoE being so fucking amazing I don't think I would view NGE as highly, but it has some of the best directing in film, let alone anime that I've ever seen. It's just far, far more memorable than the majority of things you'll watch. It's one of the few things I've watched over 10 times and always found something new, while at the same time it always was good. It just never ever gets old to me.

Space Runaway Ideon is similar, and better.

Don't watch TTGL.

TTGL is shit and has nothing todo with eva.

Madoka is a lot shittier than eva.
Madoka is a shit, lifeless character compared to Shinji.
It also is TOO straight forward what makes it extrmely boring.
And it looks like shit.

>However, End of Evangelion is as close to perfect as I've seen
I'm curious if you watched NGE as it aired, and had to wait for EoE or if you marathoned the whole thing? EoE is great in that it gives an actual ending to the anime, and I can see how people who waited for it would have simply loved the shit out of it, but not for those of us that marathoned the entire thing.

>Madoka is a shit, lifeless character compared to Shinji.
>Comparing a main character to a side character
Madoka was about Homura, bro.

Still a fucking child.
Her character was forced and unrealistic and had shitty motivations.

Eva is pretty much the 40k of the East in terms of the depth, critical reception, relatively unique style and it's normie-free-high-density-autism fanbase that has a tendency to raise it's genuinely great series somewhat above it's merits.

>unrealistic
Which is what makes her likable, unlike Shinji, who is just your typical fuck-wit.

No, one is a good believable character, the other is a plain one dimensional anime girl.

Homura's angst is really stupid and then you want to badmouth shinji?

Is this why 40k is brought up in every third time there's an Eva thread?

Just don't watch the Rebuild series what ever you do.

They pretty much suffer from the "Lucas Prequel" syndrome....minus being a prequel

Kill yourselves, faggots.

Pretty much

Love Live! School Idol Project

Shinji is a piece of trash. Sure, the way they covered his character is interesting, but he's utterly unlikable. The only reason I can even tolerate him is because doing a show on someone so normal isn't done very often. Tales are usually told about the unusual people, like Homura, because they are unusual. Look at literally every person in the history books; how would you describe them?
>forced and unrealistic and had shitty motivations
For about half of them, all three of these apply.

Well, that's objectively wrong, actually.

And I mean, he's not really asking for something similar, he's asking for another anime standout, and well, Gurren Laggen is no Neon Genesis, but it's worthwhile.

He's an okay guy. I'd have a beer with him

Yeah, I mean I enjoyed Madoka in a lot of ways. It was extremely emotional that's for sure, and I still think the fight scene in Rebellion is one of the best ever. I think it's funny that some people think it "exceeds" Evangelion, but I think anyone who thinks that either completely missed what Evangelion was about or simply has a certain taste for one or the other.

I for one, don't think Madoka exceeded Evangelion. It does better in some areas, but in others it's not even in the same league of comparison. I also think EoE overall is a far superior film to Rebellion if you put them side by side, in terms of direction and overall conclusion. They're both polarizing works for most, and I personally enjoyed EoE more since I felt like that was the ending they wanted to make, where as Rebellion really DIDN'T need to be made.

No, I definitely didn't watch it as it aired. I didn't really marathon NGE either, watched it very slowly and became lost towards the end. EoE was incredibly shocking to watch, I literally couldn't believe what was happening in it and that's what made it so good. I was amazed at the enormous risks they took with the characters and story as a whole. It was just like nothing I'd ever had seen before, on paper it should be the worst ending ever if you look at any other piece of fictional work.

The neat thing is though, Anno took insane risks and he didn't give a fuck and that's why it was so good, I wouldn't change a thing about it.