CIAmazon wants free access to your home

Has anyone seen the new "Amazon Key" program??

>Get packages just inside your front door

>Shop on Amazon and select “FREE in-home delivery” at checkout. On delivery day, we’ll notify you just before the delivery. Amazon will authorize the delivery and unlock your door. You can watch the delivery live in the Amazon Key App or see a video of it later. We’ll notify you once the delivery is complete and your door is relocked.

Let us in your house while you aren't home goy....

Would be a good idea, if it was just me who could authorize the entry and Amazon controls nothing.

If I could give the delivery guy a one time use door code on a system that is local and Amazon can't touch that would be neat i guess. You are still 1000x better off with a simple delivery chute next to your front door.

they already have smart door locks that you can control over your home wifi & cell phone app. You can unlock & lock or set up a 1 time use code - or set auto timers etc.

Amazon is using these (already available) locks in this program... but they get control over them! This is big time crazy, why would anyone sign up for this????

> over wifi and cell phone
> hey man, let's connect your door locks to the internet
Absolutely fucking not.

Amazon can’t even find my fucking door they’ll probably end up getting arrested for breaking and entering into a neighbor’s house

It's not like if you have one of these systems, suddenly you can't lock your door anymore.
>leave house, lock deadbolt, nothing changes
>leave house, "oh right, I'm expecting a package today", leave deadbolt unlocked, use smartlock instead
wow that was so hard

>We just want to setup a bunch of cameras to make sure your dog food gets into your house safely
GFY

>missing the point that fucking hard

Okay, then explain to me what the point was. Because it sounds like it's a concern over an issue in security.
>I don't want Amazon having access to my locks
>I don't want my locks being controlled over WiFi or cellphone
Which are dumb concerns because normal locks still exist. Either way, no one is gaining access to your house unless you decide to give them access.

this is just like the refrigerator and thermostat that connect to the internet. Why would anyone want that? Also this alexa thing is crazy I think you'd have to be pretty low IQ to want to use something like that. Unfortunately Alexa is probably smarter than the people who use it.

if we lived in a safe society with common decency we wouldn't even need locks.

the only people who experience that luxury are high level mafia as a post on here claimed

A giant box outside the house with a lock/key is better than this.

You havent heard of Wireshark?
Dumbass

yeah holy Fuck No!

Just lock the door that comes after the entranceway.

Or this

Good idea. So many packages get stolen.

nippons are pushing internet based locks on themselves, cant wait for that future where your JUST'd and lose everything you own to some Sup Forums nerd cause nu males would rather use apps to lock things then learn how to use tools from a hardware store and install physical locks.

I am amateur at best with wifi scanning and even I can break router security with tools like wireshark

Not to mention Amazon getting more and more involved in everything you do, spending habits, when you're not home.
If you think that data is valuable to someone, or that Amazon is collecting every bit of it to sell, you're out of your mind.

The only people this would benefit are niggers and minorities who live in neighborhoods where people literally just walk the block and carry packages off of front porches. I guess more affluent areas could benefit too, but they tend to have more expensive security measures in place already and who really gives a shit when you just talk to Amazon on the phone, tell them someone stole your package and they send you a free replacement anyway?

>who really gives a shit when you just talk to Amazon on the phone, tell them someone stole your package and they send you a free replacement anyway?
Amazon does, that's why they are pushing for this. "Sorry we no longer offer refunds for stolen shipments, next time sign up for our Amazon Key Program"

There are 1,000 ways to get around that excuse if you have half a brain. It's a non-issue.

What would you gain from analyzing packets? It's not like it won't be encrypted.

Amazon is the only company I will defend. This seems spooky but I had an experience with them that really changed my impression of them.

My dad was dying of cancer and bought my mom some canvases for her to paint on after he was gone. They arrived 2 days after he passed away and 2 of the 6 were broken (fuck DHL). I called Amazon and said they were broken but I didn't have much of my dad's account info and DHL was being a bitch about returning them (really. Wanted to charge $1000 to ship them back) while we were planning for the funeral and sorting out my dad's estate. I called Amazon and told them about DHL, asked what I should do to return the canvases. The woman on the other end said "don't worry about it. I will just say these can't be returned. I'm sorry for your loss. Take care"
I didn't have to do anything and they were considerate that I didn't want to be making a DHL account and scheduling pickup right after my dad died. So the /x/ in me wants to think they are CIAmazon, but they really impressed me.

What's that got to do with a locked deadbolt?
Dumbass.

I think you're the one that missed the point. I don't see anyone else acting concerned about "data collection" itt. They've been intrusive that way for years but this has nothing to do with that at any rate.

Right, because before smart locks were invented, no one ever had their house broken into and their shit stolen. Until now, it's been literally impossible to break into a house.

>3spooky
Really zested my lemons.

>build a locker outside your house with smart lock on it.
>Does the exact same shit as this,but like, less privacy invasive.
>only people who can't do it are city fags.

This is simply to stop people from claiming a package that was left outside was stolen.
and with amazon's lax return policies they would have to give you a refund.

>be nigger
>Le hax the memeframe
>instant access to all door locks
wew

>why would anyone sign up for this?
because we're not all terrified of amazon delivery drivers like you, fucking faggot nonce.

Stop not having cameras in your home, goyim

This is awesome. You can build a shed and UPS can use it to drop stuff off securely.

have you seen the kinds of niggers they get to deliver these packages? I'd never even consider this, this is just asking to have a bunch of niggers plan to rob multiple houses. Like holy fucking shit

>I told my trans 8 year old Drumpf was going to come and rape him to death immediately after he won and he started crying until Amazon came and brought us a billion shekels and now my child is a 5 star veteran and everyone stood up and clapped
Your Amazon shilling is weak. Hire a new advertising shill.

Because they don't already do that. Nope, never once happened until right now.