Yale psychologist's simple thought experiment temporarily turned conservatives into liberals

>Social scientists say conservative political views can be fueled by fear.

>A new study suggests that making people feel safe from harm can change their stance on hot-button social issues.

>The new research gives insight into the role of the unconscious mind in the voting booth.

archive.is/qt5hv

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mfu8UkvpKYc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And how do we feel safe? By not living together with spics and niggers.

/thread

>liberals live in a fantasy world where everything is safe and no one is bad.

this. they are basically suggesting gaslighting people into liberalism.
>oy vey stay in your apartment watching Rick & Morty goy the world is great and better than ever now drink up your schezuean sauce

But not cigarettes, not guns, not alcohol, not Christians.

These are the things to be feared when you're a liberal.

HA!
Surprise, surprise!
Who'd have thought that people who search for perfection from the past would make decisions based upon fear?
I love this place sometimes.

>opinions can change when fear is the motivator
wow, really joggin my noggin

We all live in the same world.

Turning conservatives into liberals by making them larp as superheroes
>The researchers behind the psychology experiment told a group of participants to imagine that they'd been granted a superpower by a magic genie and were suddenly as invincible as Superman — bullets bounced off them, fire couldn't scorch their skin, and “a fall from a cliff wouldn’t hurt at all,”

Not falling for your tricks, Satan.

This. You can't trick our side.

good times create weak men: the thought experiment

>this. they are basically suggesting gaslighting people into liberalism.
>Imagine a world where there are no consequences to risky behaviour
>Now are you willing to take personal risk and are you willing to significantly alter your society?
Good goy

But we perceive it differently. Where the conservative sees a hostile invader, the liberal sees a new brown friend who is just like them except for skin color. Those racist conservatives sure are silly for not wanting more friendly Mehmets in the country.

Cigarettes are objectively bad. This isn't a liberal perspective. Lefties may want them to be illegal; that's the liberal perspective. Separate the two.

No opinion on guns or alcohol. The latter more adversely affects society, though.

Christians should be fed to lions in public.

Lel

The point is the fear IS the motivator for conservatives, but it's also the case for lefties. Without fear, rational thought might rule and we'd have nothing to argue about.

>Christians should be fed to lions in public.

Well there we go. This is the kind of rhetoric that led to the crusades and hopefully will again

You seem to be missing the point, buddy. You're reacting as if your side had been tricked.

>Cigarettes are objectively bad
Loads of tobacco shills push the idea that cigs are good for you, on Sup Forums even.

They've discovered a way to take all common sense out of people

This guy is notorious for making experiments that are not repeatable. He's done it twice so far with things that were "major"

>Cigarettes are objectively bad
Says doctor goldstein?
>Lefties may want them to be illegal; that's the liberal perspective. Separate the two.
No, they are the same.
>Christians should be fed to lions in public.
And replaced by vibrant muslims, right cuckold?

Isn't this the one where they literally shut off a part of the brain to make them liberal?

Liberals can't be scared of danger because Anti-depressants disabled their survival instinct.

Your side is deluded.

That said, this country would be better without other cultures. If all colors were part of the same culture, the problems between us and them would be much less.

If I couldn't be harmed I'd allahu snakbar the offices of politicians and leftist activists though.

>if you were invulnerable
vs
>if you live in reality
cc-conservatives btfod!!

"Love who you are, don't apologize for being white"

This is hate speech in America, now. Police are investigating.

youtube.com/watch?v=mfu8UkvpKYc

ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

>implying all fear is irrational

W-What? Changing the entire premise of the world people live in has an affect on their politics?
THANKS YALE!

Culture is a product of genes. Its not a coincidence that some people didn't invent a wheel and some people went into space.

Wtf is this even supposed to communicate? People act cautiously when there is reason to do so and less cautiously when there is not?

WTF America. WTF.
>JUST DROP YOUR GUARD AND ACCEPT WHATEVER WE TELL YOU. THEN YOU CAN FINALLY BE A GOOD PERSON.

Jesus Christ.

Wonder if anyone said they'd go on a raping spree so vile it'd make Namking look like a joke

>liberals being half brained

In other news; water is wet

Humanity has known this for hundreds of years. Safety means you start caring about more and more trivial issues. If you are starving you don't give a shit about promoting gay rights or being inclusive of trans people, you just care about getting to your next meal. If you worry about how trans people are perceived by people you will never meet that's a pretty good indicator that you've never starved, never been homeless, never had to overcome any real challenges.

>Give people a test based on a hypothetical impossibility
>Theorize that everything's hunkey dorey in said hypothetical impossibility
>Conditioned responses based on said theoretical hypothetical impossibility
>Claim you tricked people into being liberal

This. What ever happened to the SCIENTIFIC METHOD?

That's so fucking stupid.
Obviously people won't feel the need for conservative "safety measures" if there were no threats in this world at all. But that's not even close to being reality.

This only confirms to me that liberals lives in their own little dream world, which is a danger to our society.

So creating the illusion of safety makes people liberals?

Sounds about right.

Conservative means acting like a mean poo poo head who wont gibes me dat. It doesnt mean taking any kind of rational precaution. Oh wait. We arnt the audience meant to read this article.

No, buddhism since they actually have the balls to remove kebab.

>fear
>bad

now you know why all those retarded super hero movies and comics are so popular with liberals...

*Which* conservative political views? If you drive a bulldozer up to some random person's house and knock on the door, proposing that you knock everything down so you can try to build up something that might be better but you really don't know if it will work, is it the homeowner's "fear" that leads to the door being slammed in your face?

Foolhardy enthusiasm for "change" and "revolution" is just as much a vice as "fear" and is on the whole probably the more dangerous inclination.

Right, so if we lived in a nation full of whites and everyone was a legitmate non degenerate, we would live in peace.

We are not safe though. Headline may as well be “liberals are naive”

i've never seen somebody with such shit opinions

Sup Forums's simple thought experiment transforms new haven into chimp-out central.

>autists say sjw feels can be fueled by estrogen saturation and unchecked levels of melanin.
>a new meme asserts that "it's okay to be white.", triggering sjws into hysterical fury.
>the new meme's kek-power gives insights into the degree to which commies have brainwashed america's youth.

Caution and enterprise are far too complicated concepts for the average person. Lets just say hope and fear.

fpbp

>If nothing could hurt you ever would you mind inviting all these violent groups in?

>No? A LIBERAL UNDERNEATH ALL ALONG!

Ow the edge

What I see most frequently is that the motivations of each side are misunderstood by each side. If you're open to critical thought, it's clear to see that neither side is truly comfortable surrounding themselves with unknown entities. The liberal fault is that their sympathy and empathy keep them from seeing, for example, that the people flooding everyone else's borders have a RESPONSIBILITY to better their own lives, and that it's not their fault that the invaders' culture is to reproduce like naked mole rats and create their own poverty, so they adopt them. The fault in the conservative thinking is that they believe that change, any of it ever, will kill them.

>So you think you're right wing huh? Well what if you wern't surrounded by niggers? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Muslims should be fed to lions in public, too.
Jews, too.

The same research showed that liberals can become conservative when they were afraid.

>kill
Highly unlikely
>be unwelcome or subject to crime because of the colour of my skin on streets that used to be safe.
>Highly likely, based on the American experiment.

So... you agree that tobacco harms people? Unclear on your motivations for that post.

You need to read some Kant.

>The researchers behind the psychology experiment told a group of participants to imagine that they'd been granted a superpower by a magic genie and were suddenly as invincible as Superman — bullets bounced off them, fire couldn't scorch their skin, and “a fall from a cliff wouldn’t hurt at all,” Bargh writes in his book. The study's control group was simply told to imagine they could fly.

The absolute state of american universities.

>
>Culture is a product of genes. Its not a coincidence that some people didn't invent a wheel and some people went into space.

Lyskonism at its best.
Even from its country of origin.
Culture isnt genetic.
Cuture is the meme to end all memes.

brainlet PLEASE

Social science isn't science. It used to be called humanities until kikes changed it.

>Says doctor goldstein?
Says all the cancer, heart disease and lowered quality of life of smokers. Smoke all you want, you'll get no objection from me, but if you genuinely think they're harmless, you're not woke, though; you're retarded.

lol, figures that any thought experiment to convert people to Leftism would be based in fantasy.

>No, they are the same.
Correction from my last response to this post - you are retarded.

The liberal fault is that they can't comprehend the idea of responsibility. The conservative fault is they find comprehending other cultures and environments unnecessary.

The liberal fault is much worse, it leads to a total breakdown of a society in the end. The conservative fault just means wars every once in while, but civilization and technology continue to improve with that.

>And replaced by vibrant muslims, right cuckold?
All religious people should be fed to lions, moron.

Sadly, this
They've been going downhill for sometime now, to the point where I might actually distrust hiring employees with degrees rather than experience.

This

>Imagine you are entirely invincible
>how would you respond to these scenarios
YOU WERE LIBERAL ALL ALONG!

>Ignoring reality makes you liberal
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>OPEN YOUR DAMN BORDERS GOY.

>NOW!!!

>thinks he's clever by inferring what was never written.
>isn't clever at all.

In other words lying about social issues makes people feel safer? That is how people become liberals in the first place. They are lied to throughout school and by the media.

Where is the full pic? I saw it earlier but forgot to save it

>conservative political views fueled by fear

You can just as easily turn this around and say liberal views are fed by complacency and naivety. It's all propaganda.

Ding Ding. We have a winner. The liberal brain washing of American youth starts in public schools and continues throughout college. That their are any Conservatives left at all is incredible when you think about that really.

>liberals can become conservative when they were afraid
Great, so let's put pic related in every street corner and watch as the western world turns conservative.

Hate and fear are two of the most powerful instincts of survival and people who tell you to ignore them should be held to the highest degree of scrutiny possible.

Hahahaha! You're an idiot. I usually avoid direct ad-hom, but I don't suffer fucking morons well. Please kys painfully. Culture is 100% environmental. God damn, you're fucking stupid. I'm sorry, I just can't get over how fucking stupid you are.

Because all the left wing faggots being "literally afraid" and shaking and crying and being triggered totally aren't driven by irrational fear. Nope just those conservatives, goy.

Live in the ghetto then.

>In other words exaggerating social issues makes people feel unsafe? That is how people become reactionaries in the first place. They are lied to by the media and Sup Forums.
Goes both ways, sadly.

NAZIS ARE TAKING OVER THE WEST AND DRUMPF IS A FASCIST DICTATOR
>feels the bern with her

>Not an argument

sorry m8, I'm against posting lewds but I really enjoy referencing them-

White isn't a culture. If we lived among everyone who wasn't a cunt, regardless of color, we'd be fine.

you missed the experiment where people were told Trump's tax plan was Bernie's tax plan and they loved it while shitting on Trump

>search for perfection
or try to learn from past mistakes.
Maybe the left should try that, they would be able to move past "that's not real x"

You probably look at worse in the mirror.

Simple, objective observations are not edgy.

>The fault in the conservative thinking is that they believe that change, any of it ever, will kill them.
this is such horseshit and you're an idiot for thinking this.
conservatives see the world as it is, and as it used to be. You can subtract the world as it is, with all its imperfections, from the world as it used to be in all its perfect glory, and the result is the change that has occurred between the two points in time. Guess what changes occurred? Don't bother guessing, actually. Just look at the catalog.
>immigrants
>globalism
>'free trade' aka outsourcing
>income inequality
>war
>degeneracy
>and on and on

>That their are any Conservatives left at all is incredible when you think about that really.

Video games. No seriously, games are how children these days develop logic and reasoning skills, learn to understand cause and effect, experiment with controlled economies, etc. Video games have become a place of education now that formal education has become brainwashing. It's why they are now trying to push their brainwashing into games so strongly now.

>trusting anything a psychologist says

what? nah you're completely deluded and need to think more deeply

>liberals live in a bubble and believe magic & happiness are the key to solving problems

They're literally sheltered suburbanite kids.