Why aren't there more good University/College set anime/manga?

Why aren't there more good University/College set anime/manga?

Why is there this focus on Highschool?

Come on

I wish more Dasei 67 Percent would get translated.

Picked up

It's fucking great, but the translations appear to be dead. It could be worse, since it's episodic, but I still wish there was more.

no and golden time was the lowest tier of garbage

No what?

And your opinion sucks.

Kill yourself

I can name Hen Zemi and part of K-On.

It's widely agreed upon that Golden Time is awful. Therefore your opinion is the one that sucks.

>widely agreed

yeah, no

But it objectively is shit

>Why do children's cartoons take place in children's settings?

better get the great minds working on that one.

JK instead of old hags.

Well..
Kimi no RAGE machi has an equal setting, with job hunt and dreams, the problem here is not the series but the author itself

Seo kinda love trucks.

The japanese suicide after highschool because their lives suck, so they don't know how it works.

TADA
A
D
A

Moyashimon
Honey and Clover
Tatami Galaxy, of course

Wolf Children starts in college

It is pretty annoying just how many anime have high-school settings.

BANRI
A
N
R
I

>Because Jin-Roh is a children's cartoon in a child's setting.
>Because TokyoTribes is a children's cartoon in a child's setting
>Because Yosuga no Sora is children's cartoon in a child's setting

>still loves his childhood friend
>always did
>ends up with psycho bitch anyway.

Why?

Gakkou Gurashi has legit university students. They even tell themselves that all the time.

Because only grown men that have gone through hardships in their relationships know what true love is like.

Because Linda is a doormat cuck that sat on her feelings forever

DARKNESS! IMPRISONING ME! ALL THAT I SEE! ABSOLUTE HORROR!

Because Banri knows childhood friend a shit and becomes kookoo for koko

Because then there won't be as much focus on the highschool girls and most women are old hags.

Genshiken
Nodame Cantabile
Paradise Kiss
Itazura na Kiss has a bit of university life (don't bother with the anime)

Because the target audience of anime are otakus who become NEETs right after they graduated on highschool so they never experienced university life.

urgh, no more animus in 2 weeks

This Also Golden Time manga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Golden Time animu

High school tends to be a more formative period in life, to a degree. Plus, people hanging around each other in college are more likely to be doing similar things, since they're not only doing higher education but might also be getting similar degrees, so it's easier to have a more diverse cast of consistent characters in a high school setting. Plus, high schoolers have more time on their hands.

Why did there have to be cult shit and a ghost?

too many whores

>good
The show was really bad though, but it was good bad, like Valvrave.
>shits coconuts

Is widely agreed that K-on! is nothing but moe trash, yet you're posting it.

Kill yourself.

HS was great. Uni was shit.

Do most japs even go to uni? It's probably easier to relate to more people with HS stories.

>more

you fucked up this thread when you implied ghost banri and his high school bullshit with linda-senpai made a "good" university drama.

Should have lead with steins;gate you dumb fuck.

What's the difference. Convince me to read it

The NEET thing is an excuse. Otaku may be the demo that spends ridiculous amounts on their hobby, but they also have to get their money from somewhere, which means the majority will have some sort of income. There are also, apparently, manga that specifically targets salarymen, or single women of marriageable age, among other targeted demos, but consider what makes it downmarket to us. It's likely the case that them in college or fully employed are too preoccupied with making the grade or grinding out a living to spend too much attention on their frivolous entertainment directed at them, such that they'll rip their manga apart and scan them for freeloaders or foreigners to enjoy.

There's also a specific cultural reasoning to set more series in the primary schooling environment. Simply put, a HS environment, as structured and confining as it may seem in their media to western audiences, is oftentimes the highlight of a Japanese person's social life in terms of freedom from responsibilities or closeness . After that its a life of away from family and its skinship and rigidly defined work relationships, not an easy setting from which to launch into a fantasy setting.

The anime cuts out a lot of shit (like drunk Koukou, and various other character interaction) because the Japanese PTA. Shit that would explain why each character does/says certain things. It's not Shakespeare, but the anime did not do it justice.

Honey and Clover
Nodame

golden time was literally a 3/10 anime at best

Also the time Tada and Koukou spends together before dating is more fleshed out and so there progression feel more natural.

Atleast you didnt double space every fucking sentence, still didnt read it.

More hand holding.

Whats the matter, babby? Just got in from twitter?

Why aren't there any anime set in graduate school?

Is this really that hard to figure out? Anime in general isn't aimed at college students, it's aimed at middle/high school kids, that's all there is to it.

>MangaTranslation.com
The good news is that he'll almost surely go back to it at some point. The bad news is that it might take a decade or so.

Did you get into anime/manga this month or something? Most of these series rely in large majority on adult fans, and there are vastly more seinen manga set in highschools than in colleges. Actually, fun fact - when you look for college-related tags on MU, the majority of results are yaoi, because apparently fujos love that stuff.

This could have been a good show if it wasn't ruined by the stupid ghost shenanigans.

>yeah, no
He's right, though. I mean, you're free to have your own opinion and all (shitty though it may be), but Golden Time was and still is mocked to hell for the ghost Banri bullshit. It's a lowly-regarded anime.

>not liking ghost banri

T
A
D
A

you must be fucking brain dead if you enjoyed golden time but hated k-on.

>started 3rd year of college
>realize I'm exactly where Tatami Galaxy starts off
Where the fuck is my rose colored campus life?

her name is koko she is loco , i say oh noo!

I honestly didn't do any growing up until I was out of high school.
Most of my personal growth took place in the years after.
Though I did a fair amount of reflection my k-12 years as part of that, but the years after offered so much more.

ghost banri does not get capitalized. TADA BANRI gets capitalized.

Well?

>that second season Kei

Because most male adult otaku never went to college, they can't identify with that setting. Only normalfags go to college.

Check out Donten Prism Solar Car. Its a one volume story, but it was good.

Source: your ass?

too many sluts in college the majority of the fanbase wont pick it up

There comes a point where sweatpants, graphic T-shirts, and naruto headbands just get sad instead of silly, college is that point

There isn't, you dumb fuck.

You don't want to remind the losers who watch chinese cartoon of their failure to get into college.

Why aren't there more anime about young-ish professionals pursuing their dreams and making their claim in life, maybe starting a family, or attaining self-actualization?

>Space Bros
>Hyougemono
>Usagi Drop
>Thermae Romae
>???

It's actually widely agreed upon that K-On!! is the greatest Sup Forumsnime, you're just too new to know what the real Sup Forumsnons think off it.

Probably because majority of jap neets don't have a dream.

>muh egdy cartoons
>muh incest is for adults only

Just look at this manchild

because most nips have shit taste.

They stopped going to the beach?

I'd rather just have more wageslave anime than college/uni shit.

There's a decent amount of college anime/mango out there.

Also golden time is absolute shit, but that shit off my fucking board.

Because having dreams in Japan means taking risks financially and missing a secured lifestyle. Not many decide to take that route when they could just work in an office as a salaryman/office lady.

Wait, you aren't actually a member of the 1% that actually thought this shit was good, were you?

Is this bait?

>Moyashimon
Thanks for reminding me, I need to bookmark that. Read a volume when I borrowed it from a library, that shit was interesting. Fucking microbes, compost, and agriculture was actually INTERESTING. Need me some more of that.