How many terabytes of anime do you keep on hand? I'm up to three and I rarely watch the shit these days...

How many terabytes of anime do you keep on hand? I'm up to three and I rarely watch the shit these days. I can't bring myself to delete anything, I'm a digital hoarder.

is this the meta thread part 2?

~3.5TB and counting at the moment.

Around 12 , 6 for main use and 6 for back up. I still haven't optimized my archive like removing bloat or dub files so it might be around 5 once I finish.

Also I haven't added any show from the last 3 seasons because I got busy.

I have ~2TB of back log, I delete it when I finally get around to watching them. I don't have time to re-watch shows.

for me 2 TB's full

For my brother I think 8

dunno about the CDs though

I have two terabytes of material and two of backup
I am also a digital hoarder, and o also have multiple versions of the same series sometimes
I haven't been downloading as much the past couple years; I've mainly been using crunchyroll and kissanime, but I still have a large backlog of unwatched downloaded anime for watching when there's no steady internet connection

tbqh i keep any anime i even remotely enjoyed i.e. samflam, hxh

18 usable between NAS, externals and various computers.

~2 terabyte for my favourite shows (i rarely er watch anything but its nice to know that i could) and about 1,5 tb for the stuff i want to watch for the first time but havent had time yet... i probably will never watch all of them...

Why save something that can be had any time you like with little effort?

You put too much value on worthless possession.

Unless you're looking to watch it with any frequency, it's best to be let go.

If you're just looking to have a record of what you've seen so you don't get lost about where to pick back up from, just keep a literal list.

That's what I thought at first until It got harder and harder to find a near source material quality torrent of the show I wanted to re-watch. Now I'ts impossible to find unless you buy a DVD since streaming sites quality gives me AIDS.

this

the age of torrenting is pretty much over by now

only if you are retarded enough to keep using public trackers.

>That feel when you're poweruser on U2, ADC, & AB

Getting into privates is kind of a bitch. I don't want to take a test, so I can torrent music I don't want, so I can maybe get into some groups that actually interest me at a later unforeseen point.

About 7tb spread across 4 HDDs
Also have almost 4tb of anison, eurobeat, 2hu and vocaloid but I find myself streaming from chiru.no often.

There is absolutely no reason not to store your anime on external hard drives.
It's something to be thankful for, you would never be able to possess that much anime for free normally, but in our current age we have high-speed internet and torrenting.
The only reason not to store your anime is if you don't have externals or you are scared of your mommy finding your harem show with 4 loli girls.

Don't fret, OP, Anons are supposed to have great archives of anime and manga.

Sites go down, torrents die, sub and scanlation groups fade away, and with how the internet is being brought under ever increasing regulation it's only sensible to store as much as you can now. If you watch it or read it again in the future then great, but if you don't at least you have the option. It's not too hard to foresee a time when getting subs and scans is a lot harder than it is now, let alone ten years ago.

I still need U2 but they are not inviting anymore.

I have 0 TB because downloading are for faggots. Streaming master race.

Pretty much this, especially in the US. If you're on private trackers it's fine, but you can't really call it a golden age if only a relatively small elite are actively benefitting from torrents. Honestly if you can afford the storage, I don't really see the problem.

Only a streamer or a normalfag would say that there's no point in archiving your anime.
There are a lot of shows that have a very low amount of seeds or no seeds at all on both public and private trackers, and they will only get more obscure as time goes on. You need to get them now.

>terabytes

Try gigabytes. I don't usually hoard everything I watch or shit that I find remotely enjoyable etc. It's more than likely that I'm not going to go out of my way to rewatch a show that was a 7/10 at most for me. If I'm going to rewatch a series then I'm only going to keep shit that I REALLY liked and I know I'm going to go back to. Although I do like to hoard a lot of anime movies and shit simply because they're easier to rewatch.

>he doesnt delete his finished shit

>gigabytes
>2006

>2016
>he doesn't own zettabytes worth of taiwanese sockpuppet shows

A sweep with something like Heatsoft Clone Cleaner to find dupes is fairly pain free.

I use to be near 2 tb, but then I gave it away. At around 800 gb right now. I'll probably have to get another external next year.

0 bytes, I already saw every show prior the 2007, that are worth watching and since then I just watch what each season has to offer.

>I already saw every show prior the 2007, that are worth watching
Neo-Sup Forums, everyone.

The key words are on hand, user.
I have torrented at least 25tb of shit from seasonal to just general backlog and only keep the ones that I at least enjoyed.

things are accessible as ever, if not slightly better. the only inaccessible shows right now are shows 99% of Sup Forums wouldn't care about like Hatarakids or fringe experimental animation

the only thing that's getting lost is alternate versions; like vhs rips or certain fansubs