Why was it so good?

Why was it so good?
The only thing that pissed me off in this was that he never learned his lesson. He always put his trust into others even after being betrayed so much

>learned
He still going at it

That's what makes it so good. Have you ever gambled before OP? Once you start winning you can't just stop.

It was frustrating to watch. I just got to the beginning of E-Card and seriously can't watch more because I know just how much suffering is going to happen.
Kaiji never learns his lesson. He keeps doing the same stupid things over and over and trusting the wrong people (read: everyone)

That's what makes Kaiji so likable as a character. No matter how much the world shits on him or how often he gets screwed over by people, he still holds on to the hope that there are good people out there.

>never learns his lesson
>he better be a fucking pussy and just be happy with what he has instead of just btfo Hyoudou and his crew
That's why Kaiji is a fucking hero and OP will always be a lame fag.

>there are people that actually disliked the narrator

> I HATES IT
HE HATES IT
> I HATES IT
HE HATES IT
> I HATES IT
HE HATES IT

it's good because Kaiji is a very relatable character. Do you remember the episode in which he spends his entire money on beer and fast food? That's a prime example of human weakness, like most of kaijis decisions outside of gambeling. that weakness makes him relatable.

I always like finding Kaiji threads, god bless you user

It's his weakness and addiction to gambling that makes him a compelling character, user. If you wanna watch an unbeatable gambler stomp on everyone every single time without trusting or caring about anyone, read Akagi. I mean, you should read Akagi anyway, but yeah.

I wish legendary gambler tetsuya got the same amount of attention is Kaiji and Akagi.

I don't think there are though. This the single best narrator I've ever heard in anything.

Dou suru?
Dou suru!?
DOU SURU, KAIJIIIIIIIIII!?

>He always put his trust into others even after being betrayed so much

Despite the fact that having help has won him more games than he has on his own?

Because Kaiji earns the name of the struggler, his problems are the right blend of being caused by himself, bad luck, and people taking advantage. He and his problems feel real, he might be one of the most relatable characters in all of anime.

Doesn't Akagi have an anime adaptation as well?

I hate it.

HE HATES IT

It does and it's good but it ends with the match against Washizu being unfinished because that same match is still going on in the manga and has been for years.

DOOOOU SURU

>it ends with the match against Washizu being unfinished because that same match is still going on in the manga and has been for years.
>has been for years.
What

>mfw he actually lost his fingers at the end of S1

Season 2 goes against this a bit.

I won't believe this until someone proves it.

The first chapter of the match against Washizu was published in 1997 and is still ongoing. The anime covers part of it and the ending is satisfactory enough.

>nearly 20 years and the match still hasn't ended
why

Learn his lesson? From square one he knows what he does has steep consequences.

The aim was to get out of debt and he did.

Supposedly it's one of the main selling points of the magazine that it's published in. It's apparently got to the point where it isn't unusual for an entire chapter to concern a single tile draw.

Anyway, the anime is great.

Yeah, but it doesn't go very far. The anime ends around manga chapter 109, while the manga's nearly at chapter 300 now. It's not Madhouse's fault, though - the battle between Akagi and Washizu has been going on now for roughly eighteen years in real life.