Thunderbolt fantasy ep 9 thread

Form the Chinese spoiler,
It appears that Ken is the only one in the group(other than Shāng )with good heart and he really like Dan fei, but he still left Dān Fěi in the prison to die and follow his big brother as he told him that he knows he likes the girl but let it go.
All the other members are all jackss like Xuě Yā, who following the trip for personal profit and shit talk about Dan fei and Shang in front of them while they are imprisoned.
Also, phinex killer die

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X9zR_5D3Mbc
ciaranhillock.tumblr.com/post/149851120393/thunderbolt-fantasy-chapter-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Snow duck request 5000 pounds of gold for selling his half of the sword

>Also, phinex killer die

Overrated glass cannon. Ken was right about him.

Ken started to questioning his big brother's nasty way of getting the money and treasure. Thinking it's not right.
And now we know why the archer join the group, it's for profit and money.

>but he still left Dān Fěi in the prison to die and follow his big brother as he told him that he knows he likes the girl but let it go.
Damn son.

That fight at the end was fucking great.

Shoufukan is based as ever and is fucking pissed now.

The train has officially derailed in a glorious way.

That is not surprising. He joined Kicho's party despite knowing his background and knowing that he would get screwed. He obviously was not some hero.

What a bunch of fags.

We know that Kicho seems to be famous of selling his friends off, so maybe other than the the money he offered the archer other reward too,like the picture shows...

would be hell of a twist if Xue Ya turns out trying to con the sword back from Mie Tian Hai, and had to sell his team mates since he's not confident in their strengths against Xuan Gui Zhong

There is no way he didn't have some plan to destroy Xuan Gui Zhong after he robs and cons them when he knew from the beginning they'd hunt down and kill Shofukan for rescuing Tan Hi.

>[HorribleSubs] Thunderbolt Fantasy - 09 [720p].mkv

I thought Phoenix Killer would be final boss

He's going to come back, the final fight is going to be the former companions now turned zombies controlled by Betsutengai versus Shoufukan. He'll manage to kill all of them because he's a beast.

source: my dad works at Urobuchi.

I like this. More evil women should get the same treatment to teach them a lesson.

Seems to me he was set up to be an example of Betsu Ten Gai's power.

Has Shou Fu really been cutting up lots of things with that wooden blade?

I'm actually looking forward to seeing puppet parts glued together, not to say that it would happen but it could.

You fool, if they're truly evil they probably LOVE getting double stuffed

What was our boy doing at the end there? Did he switch out his sword with a fake or just grab one from a mook?

This was the first episode of this show that made me want to just keep watching more and more. Phoenix Killer was great and even though I'm sure Shou Fu Kan isn't going to kill Lin Setsu A next episode, I'm still hype.

I think he stole a sword from one of the minions, and his sword was made from wood all along?

That would be amazing. Body horror and puppets are made for each other.

What is point of posting these pictures without translating?

>He's going to come back
Betsutengai told his goons to cremate him, though.

He cut off a mook's hand in the first episode, though. Also scarred black guy's cheek.

>teleports behind you

>that fucking last minute
>Hey motherfucker

I wonder how the rest of the group is gonna stay relevant now. They shouldn't care enough to take a side to risk their necks for.

I fucking love this guy

Will we ever know what Rinsetsua did to Screaming Phoenix?

It could be possible he generates a qi aura around his sword that forms the cutting edge. Since then, he's been purposefully holding back, not using his qi manipulation. That's why it looked to the others like he was fighting with a blunt weapon, because he was.

pssh... nothin personell, puppet

One Eyed Impaler will probably fall on his own hypocrisy and deceit.

Kan or Kei Gai will break out Tan Hi.

His STR stats are so godly, he can cut with a wooden sword.

Didn't someone in the previous threads predict that Shoufukan was using a bokken all along?

>when you accidentally your gf's shampoo

I couldn't tell what Swan was looking at. It looked like a blunt sword maybe? It looked metal.

Or he just hits them very poorly on purpose.

Pretty funny though when the bad guy points out that Phoenix's blade was too famous.

Pili would use and could afford to use metal for anything made of metal. It's clearly a painted wooden sword and not just pretend metal for this screenplay.

>The One-eyed impaler is a sham

Sasuga butcher.

Ken's position is interesting in that he'll have to choose between glory and doing the right thing.

No wait, I know! The reason Guan freaked out at the end was because he noticed that Shang has been hitting everyone with the wrong edge

Shot of Shang/Shou's sword from episode one.
I think it's metal but it does actually kinda look like it's blunt, especially compared to other swords in the series.

Maybe the blade's reversed, Rouroni Kenshin style?

I figure it was a blunt sword because the other swords usually have an edge. He also sighed after Darkswan boasted about not showing off his skill, I figured from that point on that Lin Setsu A is actually a good guy who really wants to keep the sword safe. Which is why he said 'the ethos of a champion', he's a thief who wants to be a hero so he let Screaming Faggot Killer come along because he was okay with dying if it would have Screaming Faggot Killer fight Darkswan because he figured Screaming Faggot Killer would win for sure. He took monk along and said 'he's important to the end' without knowing that that would actually turn out true.
His poem is 'hair's breathe between lies and truth' and its absolutely amazing the level of foreshadowing this show has delivered on. I love it.

It looks like wood to me.

Just like in my yaoi doujins.

You clearly weren't supposed to be able to tell until the scene this episode. I'm not sure if it was intentional that they let the viewer try to figure out what was supposed to wrong with the blade. The only reason I knew there was something wrong was Lin Setsu A's reaction.

I like the part where Dan Hi was crying like a bitch and in comparison Shofukan was charging his ki blast and blows open his cage. Seemed like a funny compare and contrast.

Even better. The reason he let him along was out of sympathy. He only needed Shang to save the girl, but that act put Shang in trouble, so Guan only let him "tag along" to keep him safe. This is also why he comes to Shang's aide to "save him" from Phoenix.

Of course he's completely underestimated Shang, probably because he mistakenly believes Shang is just another wuxia fraudster at the level of best boy at best.

I can't read any of this, I wasn't expecting Chinese. Is this show broadcast in (parts of?) China, or just torrented over there?

>I can't read any of this, I wasn't expecting Chinese. Is this show broadcast in (parts of?) China, or just torrented over there?
Most young Chinese can't read it either, it is in Taiwanese Traditional text.
You ARE aware that we are talking about a Taiwanese Puppet show, right?

Yes, snowcrow didn't expect Shang to be OP, that was just a coincidence.

His real purpose has to do with hiding the sword's guard in some way.

The physical release is sold in stores in Taiwan. It's streamed on Taiwanese and Chink sites too.

>You ARE aware that we are talking about a Taiwanese Puppet show, right?
Yeah, but it just aired on tv here four hours ago. I wasn't aware it had an international release yet/at all.

Wasn't it "Sharp-Eyed"?

>Most young Chinese can't read it either
I hate to be the picky chink either
but what are you assuming here

PRC kids can only read simplified Chinese.

Traditional / Simplified

This was hilarious

Savage as fuck.

Betsutengai used some sort of spell on him. He knew he was going to lose too.

I think he was just blown back by the realization that there was no way he could beat Betsutengai

布袋厨绿吱外泄 被抓现行 哭哭哦
as expected from a daiwan puppet show

>Yeah, but it just aired on tv here four hours ago. I wasn't aware it had an international release yet/at all.
It was filmed and dubbed in Taiwan first, and then re-dubbed in Japanese afterwards. So yes, Taiwan get a release. It is their domestic production after all. The main Japanese contribution is the theme song, script and the original character designs.

Love these shampoo commercials.

You know, I never expected a puppet show to look this good. It's probably just because I haven't watched very many of them, and none until now after I was a child, but I'm positively surprised.

I think this plays into how the reputation amongst warriors not being what it cracks up to be. One- Eye Impaler here is a fraud and phony and not really a hero. Screaming Phoenix despite having the name and reputation falls far short of being the ultimate killer. Bones of Creations who actually had the better sword moves kept his abilities a secret.

It'll turn out Snow Crow deliberately created and cultivated the rep of a thief and huckster all the while trying to be a hero in secret.

>Setsu Mu dead
He was a fun guy.

Damn, Mr Bones too stronk.

Doesn't Japan also handle international (not China and Taiwan) publishing?

>One- Eye Impaler here is a fraud and phony
He actually is good with a bow though, just not a righteous guy.

>殺
>無生
Sums up the essence of his existence.

Ken a shit.

It's his first real crossroads as a hero. I still believe he'll come through.

Since Ken's poem hasn't out yet
It must be reserved for a turn of event.

The poem might be Ken's status as an user rookie, trying to do what is right and make a name, but face with moral dilemma stuff.

It might be on a showdown between Ken and his not so chivalrous aniki

Is hook swords guy ever gonna do anything? The opening has him fighting Ken.

>Girly ends up fighting demoness
>Ken v. fraudster aniki
>hook swords pees himself again and runs awya
>Shang v. Bones.

We got a great finale waiting for us.

It already happened, back when he was introduced. He narrated it himself.

(Just the Min/nan voice over, couldn´t find the Japanese one)
youtube.com/watch?v=X9zR_5D3Mbc

That fight was seriously disappointinng. The bone guy didn't even fight properly, both of them just kinda spun around like Palpatine until bone guy literally teleports behind him and did a nothing personelle.

I hope Shang gets some good fights with bones.

Handsome evil fights like Gilgamesh, except it's less boring to watch because he actually makes gestures to send swords flying around instead of standing around with his arms crossed like a boring shit

New manga chapter coming today, only a few more pages to finish

He said 9 moves, he clearly didn't give a fuck about playing around with him.

I wonder if we get to see Tanhi without her head dress, she's cute.

He'll come and save her. He's a good guy.

Looks like it's Shou who will save her. Unless he goes back just to leave her in the cage again.

Sadly she sticks it back on for the few pages she's seen in chapter 5

she can easily break the cage bars once she has her sword.

Chapter is complete, have at it: ciaranhillock.tumblr.com/post/149851120393/thunderbolt-fantasy-chapter-3

I'll be dumping later on today

So how strong is Shou and what's his real class and weapon? Barehanded Monk?

I'm starting to think best girl's not coming back.

Vagabond I bet. He's was too busy fighting all his life to learn actual skills.

his alias is blade without an edge according to the official site. so probably just a dull piece of metal.

she's bone raptor food, son.