"Let's spend half of our defense budget on a country-long line of state-of-the-art interlocking fortifications on the...

>"Let's spend half of our defense budget on a country-long line of state-of-the-art interlocking fortifications on the German border!"
>"Right! But do you think they'll come through Belgium?"
>"They won't."
>"You said that last time."
>"Exactly, so why would they do the same thing again?"
>"Brilliant!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Z_aXkwP2Shg
theguardian.com/us-news/shortcuts/2017/oct/25/whats-the-stupidest-thing-a-nation-has-ever-done?CMP=fb_gu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Let's attack Russia
>What about the British?
>We will conquer Russia in few weeks!
>Get raped

frogniggers BTFO!!!!!!

In another timeline, how long do you think it took them to break the line?

>"Let's attack Vietnam"
>get raped
>"let's attack afghanistan"
>get raped
>"let's attack iraq"
>get raped

It was a huge political thing. France didn’t want to pay for a line alongside Belgium and Dutchland and extending it on the French border to Belgium was also politically impossible.

What they should have done is attack in 1934 when Germany was still weak.

>Lets attack North Korea
>Get nuked

They don't.

Nowadays people make fun of it, partly because the Americans made Germans bigger than they were, so that themselves looked better (old as the world btw, see Cesar and Gauls).
But even without the Maginot Line, had Germany not prevailed in 2 months, it would not have prevailed in 2 years.

Yes, but they were already tricked into attacking first by Bismarck in 1870, and it turns out it didn't so well. The issue with the Maginot Line is that Belgium didn't want to have it on their soil (let alone pay for it) as it would have been an "act of aggression" against Germany.

So even in 1939, to be """neutral""", Belgians had deployed troops also on the French border. You know, in case the French invaded.

well they were right about the line you couldn't break through
checkmate

nice meme flag

But French totally expected Germans to come through Belgium. They built Maginot Line exactly so Germans are forced to come through Belgium.
French had almost twice smaller, older population than Germany, they couldn't afford to shed more French blood in another repeat of WW1.
They presumed that fortifications work great, because at Verdun, they had some 100,000 casualties retaking Fort Douaumont. They presumed that if they didn't strip Verdun forts of guns and manpower, German offensive would be halted in it's tracks.
Maginot Line was there to protect French border while French mobilize, and then the mass of French army would face Germans in Belgium. Invasion of Belgium would also pretty much force British involvement.
However, they didn't appreciate the operational usefulness of mechanized formations enough, and they didn't expect Germans would invade with mechanized formations across the Ardennes.
Best French armies were sent north into Belgium and Netherlands (Netherlands were a huge mistake, but hindsight is a bitch), and were encircled by German ''sickle cut''.

Belgium had their own forts, and there were political problems with building permanent fortifications behind the Belgians anyway. But really, the Maginot line was as much to do with economic use of soldiers (given France's shortage of births following WW1) as making an unbreakable frontier. It might have even have worked if the Germans hadn't then broke through the Ardennes, which was considered the least possible route.

>let's eat a salad
>low test beta

>Netherlands were a huge mistake, but hindsight is a bitch
Sorry, I didn't mean Netherlands as a state were mistake, but rather French sending troops to defend Netherlands.

AMERICA WAS NEVER RAPED. WON EVERY BATTLE WITH TOP KD RATIO

I'd add that recon pilots reported at least twice to their officer in command seeing tanks columns driving through the Ardennes, to be ignored.

To be fair they were waiting for us on the route we took the first time, but we moved our armor through the Ardene which they thought was impossible.

Might have failed completely. Not even joking.

excuse me, but we do the raping

French command was a mess. A huge fucking mess.

>>"They won't."
>>"You said that last time."
Actually, the French anticipated the Schliefflen Plan, but were unconcerned because they thought that would mean the German line would be stretched too thin, making a counterattack through Alsace that much easier.

Rajiv Malhotra explains the genesis of the Aryan Dravidian Myth -

AKA = WHY Germans Whole history is merely BARBARIANS, and why Hitler swastika usage is BULLSHIT.

youtu.be/Z_aXkwP2Shg

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HITLER WAS A FUCKING MORON

>AMERICA WAS NEVER RAPED. WON EVERY BATTLE WITH TOP KD RATIO

Yes, your leadership is a disaster. it has nothing to do with the hundreds of billions you spend on armaments.

Rajesh is that you?

HAHAHAHA
PURE ARYANS

HAHAHAHHA

Euros need another war

I love it when poor countries talk about how we waste money in war, like it matters

"If we ignore it it's not real"

>*teleports behind you*
>psst nothing personal kid
And the worst part is the frogs fell for the same kraut trick twice in a row.

>I love it when poor countries talk about how we waste money in war, like it matters

It does not matter to waste money, it matters to win. And you don't because your leadership is made of retarded cowboys.

I never really understood why the French didn't think about the whole "going around the Maginot line"
The Germans LITERALLY
>LITERALLY
did the EXACT same thing in WW1. They went through Belgium to encircle the French in the Rhine area, and try to take Paris in a surprise attack.
It made 0 sense.

It really rises more concerns about a deeply corrupt state with elites being selected on something else than talent. That or intelligence with the enemy, for potential personal gains (like Pétain).

Ooooh but you're from that country.

The allies expected an invasion through Belgium and actually deployed troops all over the country.
The superior blitzkrieg tactics of Germany meant that German panzer divisions simply found a fairly weak spot in Luxembourg and punched through and then drove all the way to Boulogne and encircled the Allies in Belgium and North France. The only way to prevent this was too either have 2x as many troops or have done the same thing to the German lines in a counter-offensive.
Charles de Gaulle had an entire division of superior French tanks ready that could've successfully smashed the German line and encircled Guderian's offensive but was an autist and managed to get them all blown up.

>get raped
>declare decisive victory
>get raped
>get raped, start to rape yourself and promise to pay tribute
>get raped
>get raped and rape yourself
>get raped

I'm convinced the nazis insane land grab only halfway worked due to their opponents incompetence and some blind luck. If the nazis had only taken half of Poland and not escalated the sitskrieg then things would have been fine. Hitler and his diplomats touring Europe for big concessions before backstabbing every country except Italy was just moronic.

Hitler's word was worth absolutely. I thing which is why unconditional surrender was the only option and even then Hitler's couldn't see it through and pussied out. Fuck him, seriously. Pussy started a gigantic war and didn't even face his opponents like a man.

Yet I see him defended on here? Fucking bizarre. Hitler was a selfish cunt.

>Ooooh but you're from that country.

The one that hides all its money in your criminal-teir banks and makes your Mountain-Jew existence possible?

They wanted to build forts alongside Belgian border but the Belgians objected. They knew very well that Germans would come through Belgium, i mean it's a fucking Schliefen plan devised in 1907. What theye didn't expect was breakthrough of German armor through Ardennes.

>"sir we have the lowest birthrate in world for the 1934 year"
>"i got an idea ! we will start a war and destroy more and more our demography"

your english is fine, it doesnt come across like that to native speakers

Why are you word for word copying guardian articles onto Sup Forums user?

theguardian.com/us-news/shortcuts/2017/oct/25/whats-the-stupidest-thing-a-nation-has-ever-done?CMP=fb_gu

>Yet I see him defended on here? Fucking bizarre. Hitler was a selfish cunt.

The jews and Roosevelt push the Poles to war.

And if they didn't have that line? It would have been even easier to attack them.

>but was an autist and managed to get them all blown up.

False, he was alone, no one trusted him because he had "news" tactic for the war, not like in the WW1, and the generals didn't like him

100 french tanks destroyed 400 germans tanks, without the help of aviation

There's no such thing as ''blitzkrieg tactics''.
Pretty much. It's important to note no one wanted war, and Nazis prepared for one since 1933.
They faced Poland which didn't mobilize properly and decided to defend borders, with superior forces.
Western campaign was definitely a great victory, but also the even which deluded Hitler into thinking he's strategic genius. Even though he merely presented a goal, his officers (primarily Von Manstein and Guderian) did the actual job.
Norway and Denmark were sideshows, and came at the cost of most of their surface fleet.
Yugoslavia and Greece were easy pickings.
But then they faced a real opponent, while they couldn't reach Brits. They practically lost the chance of victory in front of Moscow. After that their defeat only grew more certain, especially after Kursk.
But unlike Hindenburg and Ludendorff, they were fanatics who decided to burn Germany in the hope of some miracle, and miracles are very rare.
Pic somewhat related. Nazis were not even close to winning.
Moreover, unlike Imperial Germany, they faced their opponents in succession, not from the outset of the war.

we won in Iraq, and Afghanistan is ongoing

we all know youre just an english "teacher" larping as a jap but cmon, the chinks killed a million fucking japs, and WE'RE the embarrassment?

I probably should've used ''was'' instead of ''were''.

They couldn't, that's the point. Same with similar Bohemian fortifications in Sudetenland. Which got handed to Hitler as appeasement in 38. It was really a series of horrible decisions by literally everyone else that gave the Nazi Germany the seeming chance that they could have made it. If Britain or France or Stalin for that matter were smarter in the 30s, Hitler wouldn't stand a chance. Hell, Wehrmacht still had bike and horse forces before they got the tank production facilities of Bohemia in 38/39 basically for free.

I was referring to the idea of having concentrated armour divisions in rapid motorised offensives rather than being infantry support.

it doesnt matter, we get from the context that youre referring to the military focus on the netherlands, not the netherlands itself as a country

>Annex Austria
>Annex Sudetenland because muh national clay
>Lol jk, we're going to annex rest of you too now

>Poland, if you don't give me the territory I demand you're the warmonger reeeeeee t. Hitler

>vietnam
wow, we failed to support our puppet state against the Soviet/Chinese puppet state, what a tragedy
>afghanistan
we're still there kiddo
>iraq
last time i checked saddam hussein is dead

Yeah but that's just an evolution of old Prussian method of (manouver) warfare, what they called ''Bewegungskrieg''. They simply got new toys to work with. ''Blitzkrieg'' is just a cool name that was almost never used by German officers.
Furthermore, Germans did drop ''infantry tank'' concept, but they did replace it with StuGs, which is practically same thing (only no turret).
And other countries formed armoured divisions too. See French ''cuirassier'' and ''light mechanized'' divisions, and Soviet mechanized corps. And Germans weren't really strict about it either, Panzer IV was designed as an ''infantry tank'', while Panzer III was supposed to be ''cavalry tank''.

some things never change

sounds like a trick to bring in the english to the war twice in a row

Stop pretending like you understand war or great scale conflict

>hey let's completely fuck Europeans over for the third time in a century!
Can't wait for shit to hit the fan in your shitty excuse for a country.

>over 58.000 US soldiers get killed in a little backwater skirmish somewhere in south-east asia
>we didn't get raped, bro. we just failed to support our puppet state.
it's nice to see that you americans care about american lifes as much as the rest of the world does.

Stop pretending like it's some complex issue. It's just leaders ordering subjects into war either for selfish or national reasons which they think matter. Sometimes people win and sometimes they lose everything.

ignorance is bliss myleaf friend. the french built the maginot line, so the germans wouldn't invade from there, to control the size of the front, the french wanted WWI to happen again, french army was a defensive army aimed at holding a front. the more the germans advance would be contained the more the victory was probable for the allies.

What happened is that the german armies were fast as fuck, they went thorugh the french army pockets and encircled them, cutting their supplies = gg no re.

>poor countries
Japan has the 3rd highest GDP in the world, only surpassed by us and China.

>Let's attack Korea
>What about the Soviets?
>We will conquer Korea in few weeks!
>Get raped

>Let's attack Vietnam
>What about the Soviets?
>We will conquer Vietnam in few weeks!
>Get raped

Austrians are the same ethnicity as Germans and wanted themselves to join the German Reich.

Poland stole the German territory East Prussia after WW1, so Germany agreed with Russians to split Poland, so Germany can get its territory back.

>Let's cause (((chaos))) everywhere and destabilize the world
>win

I thought it was a bosnia flag for a second and I laughed out loud

Never implied anything else, I know the reasons behind the annexations, third being pure theft and Hitler's hunger for wealth and power. Even the dumbest person in Europe wouldn't agree to anything Hitler demanded after that.

The Maginot line held though, it did what it was supposed to.

Who in western europe got backstabbed (I'm not sure about the east so I won't comment)? When Britain and France declared war, that was it. Britain and France were moving to secure footholds in neutral countries, strangle shipping, and attack. For example, British forces invading neutral Norway were seen off by the Germans who only beat them there by a week.

>1 post
>obvious bait
>sage

>attack Falklands
>get so immensely BTFO that even 35 years later the mere mention of 2 islands make everyone throw a fit

Next time we should attack Chile first.

a fucking leaf