>Touch him and now he can't cool down

kek

Uiharu is cute! CUTE!

she can oc the shit out of her pcs and they don't overheat

She should star in a cooking spinoff.

>entropy manipulation is useless

It's not useless!

She can hold my tea

I suppose it could be used to counter Mugino's plasma beams if bumped up a few levels.

>inb4 the broscience posters show back up

Hehe

Just watch

THIS is what is known as a level 1 who has surpassed a level 1

You can just call it a level 2

AND THIS

IS

TO GO

EVEN

FURTHER

BEYOOOOOND!!

>someone is overheating
>grab them
>they overheat to death with no chance of cooling

she can prevent the heat death of the universe it's literally the most overpowered power there is

misaka can generate energy for the whole world with her power! no wait she cant, shes way too weak, and shes level 5.

what makes you think this urigani can influence the entire universe as a level 1 ?

that's not how it works you little shit

You high or something?
At lvl3, she can already control the laws of thermodynamics at a fundamental level

aka. once she activated it, all the air particles around her will remain in the same temperature. And if that happens, the lungs will not be able to break down the oxygen and her opponent would suffocate to death.

She can easily defeat accelerator and Touma without breaking a sweat

>misaka can generate energy for the whole world with her power

No one has ever claimed that. She can be Magneto in limited bursts with considerable effort involved. That's pretty much a step below Magneto himself, who practically controls magnetism effortlessly.

That 'effort' part is what gives Uiharu's power potential. Her power is sustained simply by her very existence. All she needs to learn is how to apply that power.

You guys realize she's not breaking entropy, but keeping something from exchanging heat with other things, right?
If you were to touch something she was touching, temperature-wise it'd be like touching the same area of your body that's touching the thing.
It won't be hot, it won't be cold, it will be exactly the temperature that surface of your body is.

At best, she's delaying entropy for an object until she stops touching it.

If the universe had a heart, all we have to do to save the universe is to get her to cling to it. Sure, its useless 99% of the time. We just need that 1%.

Just imagine it:
At lvl 2, this girl will find no problem in bringing down bridges and sky scrapers simply by preventing molecules from interacting with each other.

At lvl 3: all the air around her will be at her to command. Anyone within a radius of 100 meters will be unable to break down oxygen and absorb vitamin D

At lvl 4 her manipulation with the air temperature would be so great that even the organs of her opponents would no longer be able to break down their glucose and shit.
And without glucose and oxygen, brain cells will suffer permanent brain damage in less than 1 minute.

At lvl 5: her territory would encompass a quarter of the Earth

A heart needs more than just temperature to function, though.

Actually, if anything, the heart's inability to lose or gain temperature as a result of her touching it will almost immediately kill it, because the pumping itself produces a miniscule amount of heat.
This heat will have nowhere to go, as it can't increase the heart's temperature. Possibly, the heat may go to whatever is closest and able to accept it, but that's not certain.
At best, we could use her to keep the heart beating until something other than lack\excess of heat kills it. At worst, she'll immediately kill the heart.

My theory game is pretty weak so someone correct me if I am wrong

The universe is slowly creating heat and when there's enough of it, the whole universe will die. If a definite source could be identified (I.e a "heart" of the universe), Uiharu could stop this death of the universe, just by being there.

I don't think that user means a literal heart.

>My theory game is pretty weak so someone correct me if I am wrong The universe is slowly creating heat and when there's enough of it, the whole universe will die

It's actually the opposite, my mentally challenged friend. The universe is slowly having all temperatures balance out, which will eventually result in movement being non-existent, and the universe will then cool down due to absolute zero.

By this point all matter in the universe will likely have become one big clump of matter due to gravity.

Like a swing which slowly swings slower and slower, hot and cold slowly bring each other closer and closer until there is no heat variation.

Well, that's just now how it is.
Heat death isn't the universe 'dying' when there's a certain amount of heat, and the universe isn't really creating heat.
The TL;DR is this:
Neither energy nor matter ever goes away or is created. All energy, when "used", goes into some lower form of energy, and the lowest of these is heat. The heat death is when all the sources of potential energy, like hydrogen and whatever fusing in stars, has been spent, and all the energy of the universe has gone down to heat. The universe doesn't "die" in some particular way, there's just no more potential energy, meaning nothing's happening and nothing can happen again.
(This is a rough-as-fuck explanation, you guys, please don't kill me)

>A heart needs more than just temperature to function
Is it love?

If it was, Sup Forums would be a board of undead

No, otherwise all people with depression would end up dead

oh

why so mean
where's the futa version of this

You got the pair wrong my friend.

So when I run an engine with coal, the unneeded heat generated is lost forever, never to return;
and if I repeat that till I have converted all forms of potential energy in the universe into only heat, that's heat death?

Essentially, yes.

If you've never learned about the basic concepts thermodynamics then you're not old enough to be here.

Read "The Final Question". It's short and you will understand the concept a bit better.

"The Last Question" by Asimov

>implying you're not a skeleton

>He isn't an undead little girl

What if he never went to college?

I finished highschool and immediately started working full time, because I knew I had no use for something like college when all I wanted was a quiet, easy life and my hobby was basically free.

Uiharu is so nice, promoting /sci/ discussion. She also covers Sup Forums too but no one ever notices her thinkpads.

here
I never finished high school.
Learned this shit at some point in middle school (inb4 "it shows")

Yeah, I finished highschool through homeschool classes myself and only did learn about entropy and all that because I'd always been interested in space and the universe from a very young age. Most of what I know now is self taught.

The three laws of thermodynamics are taught in high school. It's pretty much common knowledge, you don't need to have a Physics PhD to understand how her power is related to entropy and the heat death of the universe.

I get the relation, but what I don't get is what Uiharu actually needs do.

What would she need to be touching to prevent all forms of potential energy in the universe from losing heat?

Everything, but separately.
This would, however, just result in an Uiharu-sustained, temporary heat death.
As nothing can exchange heat, nothing can happen, so for as long she continues touching everything, nothing happens.

She said she can't do it to anything too extreme in the anime. Something like fire wouldn't be stopped.

>the lungs will not be able to break down the oxygen
I think you'll find lungs don't break oxygen down into anything.

The only good value would be for the scientists to figure out how the fuck.

>the lungs will not be able to break down the oxygen
Am I missing some obvious science, or is this bitch just retarded?

*Potentially.
As discussed in it is possible that her power doesn't prevent the production of heat, and merely displaces it to the closest non-touched object.
In this case, everything would function as normal during the Uiharupocalypse, with the exception of it being impossible to heat up or cool anything. It would be an existence without temperature, but in all other ways I suppose the universe would function.

So Uiharu's ability, on the topic of preventing heat death, is one step forward, two steps back?
Since she has the ability to but can't feasibly touch
>everything

It doesn't work that way.
The theory about her being able to stop the death heat of the universe is fundamentally wrong.
Assuming she could emit a field that encompasses the while universe, the result wouldn't change.
If anything, she'd bring about that heat death the exact moment she activates her power, since nothing could exchange heat anymore.

She maintains not changes.

It's more or less unusable for preventing heat death, since really all it does is either simulate heat death by terminating all events which produce heat, or she creates an environment wherein all produced heat is ejected outside to an object outside the environment.

It's not possible at her level, with her current power she can just keep things constant by touch. Now, what this actually means is that all molecular movement stops the moment she touches whatever she wishes to keep warm/cold (absolute zero 0K).

As I understand it it's the core concept of her power that's completely broken, if you escalate the magnitude she could 'freeze' the universe preventing energy from changing/being transferred.
Her power can't reverse entropy (what Kyubey was trying to do), but she can keep the current entropy in a system constant.

We are all slowly dying. Oxygen is poisonous and it just takes a really long time for it to kill us.

>By this point all matter in the universe will likely have become one big clump of matter due to gravity.
dark energy disagrees.

I haven't read the novels, but is this
>Now, what this actually means is that all molecular movement stops the moment she touches whatever she wishes to keep warm/cold (absolute zero 0K).
canon, or is it fan theory?

From the anime, what I was lead to believe was that she created a closed system whenever she touched something.
I.E if she was touching a car, the car would still run, but likely give out fairly quickly as all the heat would be trapped within the car-exclusive system.

Its good, but its not great when the raw Newton value is low.

But Raildex fags forget what those Levels actually mean, all the time.

I think he meant breakdown as in diffuse
>at constant temperature with absolutely no possible molecular change, it is statistically impossible for oxygen to diffuse into the pulmonary membrane cappilaries

I DO user
I NOTICE THEM
BASED X41

>No flowers
Who's that? Myonri?

Yeah, the most likely scenario is that she creates a closed system on anything that will not cause any damage to her hands. Some anons are actually exaggerating (most likely jokingly) how powerful she would be at level 5 too considering how Accelerator's power is far more powerful and versatile than all of the other level 5s (with the exception of DM Kakine), and he can only manipulate the vectors of things he is in direct contact with. The AIM field doesn't spread out that far even at level 5. Things like preventing the heat death of the universe would be something a level 6 Uihara could possibly do, but I am leaning towards the idea that her power would either only stall or immediately cause universal heat death.

I'm not sure, she literally just says 'I can keep things I touch at a constant temperature'.
How this would affect a whole car that I do not know.

To keep something at a constant temperature you'd either have to
1. Transfer as much energy as something is losing, this would mean she can create energy (or else she would have to get that energy from some other sources like food or photosynthesis thanks to her forehead plants which would be unsustainable).
2. Prevent energy from being lost at all by instantaneously stopping molecular movement (entropy doesn't increase).

Maybe someone more knowledgeable on the subject can elaborate.

Fuck off feetfag

Maybe not at her current level.

>where's the futa version of this
I wish I was fast enough but I wouldn't be finished before the thread dies.

Start working.
Thread will live long enough.

Question. Isn't temperature measured with the movement of particles? Wouldn't 0 molecular movement mean a temperature of 0K?

Should we just hijack it like usual or is the thermodynamics discussion still going.

Now wait just a fucking minute.

If her power can basically halt all movement of an object by keeping it's temperature constant, and as it increases in magnitude has greater and greater extension.

Does that mean that eventually she could stop time?

That's the only way to stop entropy. Literally stopping time

But her power is basically anti-entropy.

So it follows that once her power is at it's full extension, she should be able to stop time and completely control the movements of the universe.

Yes, it was an positive answer

Doesn't matter, user will have his time.
Hope you started your work.

>If her power can basically halt all movement of an object by keeping it's temperature constant
Well, it could be that she is "adding" extra temperature (either cold or warm) to the object she is touching in order to keep the temperature constant. That means that she has a temperature source inside of her body.

>stop time
Technically.
But assuming her maximum range only extends to the Earth and not the entire solar system, she may very well be able to kill off the entire human race.
Freezing the entire Earth would either result in a different lunar orbit with a risk of terrestrial impact, or the Earth being pushed out of its current orbit and in a uninhabitable zone, if not oitright expelled from the solar system.

>Well, it could be that she is "adding" extra temperature
Reminded me of this

You do realize that would kill her, right?

>insulting Kakine's waifu

Yes, that's what 0K is.

She wants to keep an X object at a constant temp. If said object was at a lower temp than the ambient temp it would mean the object would eventually get warmer if she did not use her power.

So to keep it at constant temp she would have to constantly absorb the energy (heat) from the object to keep it at a temp below ambient temp.

This would eventually cause over heating, as a human's ability to lose heat (sweating, etc) is not without its limits. It would eventually lead to dehydration and other issues leading to death.

In the case of an object Y that was warmer than ambient temp (which would get eventually colder), she would have to transfer heat to keep the object's temp constant.

Exertions means you use calories, she would not be able to keep up with the demand forever, again hypothermia, exhaustion, death.

She can't be boiled and freeze to death.

>useless
>you would never have warm sodas ever again
are you truly this ignorant or did you have to learn it?

Level 5s don't really have much physical range. They're all only able to affect things in their most immediate surroundings. Uiharu at hypothetical Level 5 would not be that powerful. The actual nature of her power wouldn't change much.

Level 5s in general aren't really all that impressive in the grand scheme of things. A hypothetical Level 6 can theoretically reach the calculations of God, which would put them at Magic God class. At that point, the specific nature of one's abilities become entirely irrelevant.

if the particles can't move then wouldn't that mean your cells would immediately cease to function and they would stop burning oxygen so you wouldn't suffocate. rather you would be suspended animation until she lets go.

>No logo in lower right of keyboard.

Uiharu is only useful for being Kakine's kickbag

user please, in a few years she'll be soldiering with the Dragon Killers.

I keked. Here's my triple (you)

I can't believe you fuckers had the same goddamn thread again.

these threads, to me more than anything else, serve to show how the author didn't really think things through when picking superpowers and explaining their workings
Accelerator should be a fucking God capable of disintegrating anything he wanted down to the very subatomic particles

Source?

If Accel ever did get forced into level 6 that's exactly what he could do. It's more or less that he still has limitations.

If he was Level 6 it wouldn't really matter what his power is because he'd be borderline omnipotent. A Level 6 Accelerator and Level 6 Saten would be basically the same.