Can someone redpill me on Buddhism? I wish to reach Nirvana

Can someone redpill me on Buddhism? I wish to reach Nirvana.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zFq444AnJ6w
youtube.com/watch?v=PD2XgQOyCCk
youtube.com/watch?v=SgoCnLGcS3k
gobeklitepe.info
nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012-poleReversal.html
humansarefree.com/2017/08/third-snowy-pyramid-recently-discovered.html
youtu.be/2QFGRm5Z7Rk
newsweek.com/trachilos-footprint-crete-human-evolution-million-658287
ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/do-ica-stones-prove-mankind-coexisted-dinosaurs-advanced-technology-098989
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/05/incredible-graveyard-5000-year-old-giants-found-china/
ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/giant-7-8-foot-skeletons-uncovered-ecuador-sent-scientific-testing-004119
youtu.be/aXuTt7c3Jkg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You cant reach Nirvana if you are trying to reach Nirvana.

I feel l am on that journey. Is everyone?

Why not?

No self = pure communism.

>In life there is suffering. The cause of suffering is the craving of sensual desires, the desire to be and not to be. The only way to rid yourself of suffering is to remove all craving from your life. The path to removing all craving is found in the eightfold path

Everyone is on that journey.

>Why not?

Because it's a lie meant to create artificial scarcity. Think bitcoin before there was bitcoin.

I see what you are trying to say, but it is only when one craves nirvana when it becomes a fetter. But because one seeks the path doesn’t mean that they are in craving so long as they accept the possibility of not finding enlightenment in this lifetime

user, feel free to look into Buddhism, but I really recommend you read as much pre-socratic philosophy as possible if you're interested. It's a pretty necessary conceptual bridge, otherwise you'll just be superimposing your preconceptions.

I think that went over OP's head but I appreciate you, user.

youtu.be/zFq444AnJ6w

This is a great YouTube channel to get anyone started I’m learning about Buddhism.

Because eastern religions are ultimately running on different principles than westren one. There is no magical logical thought that supposed to represent whole faith doctrine in general.
You can only try to understand eastern concept of self and outlook of antithesis and dualistic problems and through there reach an understanding of limitation of human language in describing a divine thruth of self and nothingness which is begining and the end of everything.
So ultimately you can only reach it trought your own experience without craving to you baseling desires and trying to "rush" yours understanding instead of adopting whole thing as your daily life experience.

Seems like the religion that is closest to truth to me. Buddha wasn't any supernatural human, he was a man who looked deep into his mind and ended up finding the unchanging infinite behind reality (what the jews call ein sof, and the buddhists Nirvana). Also the karma system for reincarnation seems very reasonable.

I've read that the buddhists even got the age of the universe almost right thousands of years ago (at 9 billion years I think).

>Also the karma system for reincarnation seems very reasonable.

That's Hindusim Senpai

The point of Buddhism is to escape and nulify reincarnation by achieving Nirvana
After that you escape cycle of death and rebirth and get borned into a superior realm of greater bliss

Yes, the journey with right concepts in perspective is the ultimate way to reach proper state of self.
But still claiming to comprehend it either lead to staining yourself or being taught a lesson provided you can see it.

I might be wrong but I think karma exists in both. Even though the goal might be to achieve Nirvana, if you don't you are still subject to the laws of karma.

One doesn’t need to understand EVERYTHING they just need to be detached. It would be foolish for an unenlightened person to try to understand something that can only be experienced.

Karma is in Buddhism, and it’s treated as the ultimate hurdle that the Buddhist must overcome.

Karma has a different concept in Hinduism and Buddhism.

Hinduism is more linked to ideas of Cosmic Justice, in Buddhism it's linked to Cause and Effect on what western thought would consider "supersticious level".

Some actions contribute to cause and effect despite having no mechanical or material presence, with some esoteric cues.

Hinduism cosmic justice contributes to cause and effect. Buddhism it's amoral cause and effect with spiritualism added. Greatest Buddhism virtue is lack of attachment.

When you have no Earthly attachments, to either good or bad things, and feel totally unrooted, then in death you may ascend to Nirvana, a Higher realm of existance with no suffering.

Basically an asian version of heaven.

>The point of Buddhism is to escape and nulify reincarnation by achieving Nirvana
>After that you escape cycle of death and rebirth and get borned into a superior realm of greater bliss

so basically Ascension like in Star Gate SG1.

I think its great to look into Buddhism as a philosophy and not so much a belief system.

take what you can from it, disregard the rest.

its got some better points of view on a lot of issues versus modern day cucked western liberal, christians do

Smoke dmt or try ayahuasca it's essentially the same as opening your third eye

>so basically Ascension like in Star Gate SG1
it's nothing like that
it's the realization you're not the self but the observer but there is no observer just existence and you're all of it
taking buddhism as a "phillosophy" or a "belief system" is the worst thing you can do
you're not supposed to blindly believe it
you're supposed to try it for yourself

you can experience "nirvana" through dmt but it doesn't last
formal meditation practice is the only way for most mere mortals

don't mind me talking like retard I'm intoxicated atm

That’s just ego death. Ego death is apart of the sensation of nirvana but not the whole

no, you can literally experience the real deal
it won't last though
once you're sober it's gone

I always thought that karma represents the paradigm that the mind takes after committing specific actions whether they be good or bad, and the realms were where based on how much the mind resonates towards good or evil.

>Buddah had blue eyes and light hair
>ancient greeks converted to it after finding out about it
>Hate Muslims

Buddhism is a white man's religion

He was a prince of the shakya family in southern Nepal and lived in lumbini, he would’ve looked more North Indian or Nepalese.

isn't nirvana that one band that made that edgy album

That's buddhist karma

Good and Evil are closer to Hinduism

The final goal of buddhism is non-attachment to Earthly things including Emotions, so worrying about Good and Evil too much could ruin Nirvana.

Of course removing attachment to evil thoughts comes first, but goal is to remove attachment to all kinds of emotion responsive thoughts.
This being is considered to be in an elevated state.

Your point of Karma is a Hindu-Buddhist blandda up

>ship's wheel iconography
Yarr matey, ye be appropriating me culture ye filthy landlubber!

You can experience nirvana when you have achieved stream entry, but it lasts up to a few hours. It might be possible that dmt is giving similar feelings to that of nirvana, based on the chemicals interaction with the brain.

It's a literal suicide cult, user. Suicide is literally nirvana.

Buddhism is complete utter balderdash. Embrace the Gospel.(Calvinism)

buddhism is literally hinduism lite
karma in both is referring to same thing
it's just that the majority of population are stupid idiots
also Hinduism doesn't have a word for heretic
that chemical interaction gives you 300% concentration boost

if god is everything and everything is god, then did god create himself?
Also why does god hate the jews and cause them to be gassed?

because god is omnipotent and that is a possibility?
if something is omnipotent but not all possibilities are played out on some level of existence can you still call it omnipotent?

btfo YOU DIRTY HIPPIES. and btw weed smells like shit.

In Buddhism there is no good or evil. But for the sake of avoiding semantics it describes evil actions bringing one to lower realms and vica versa.

Buddhism in a nutshell:

1. All existence is ephemeral and transient. Nothing lasts, everything constantly changes, uncontrollably so. We can not control this change.

2. Despite things changing all the time, we still grow attached to them. We are attached to our lives, our bodies, our possessions, ...

3. But when things inevitably do change (you lose a friend, you become sick, you grow old, you get robbed, you are fired, you grow poor, ...) this causes suffering for us.

4. As such, we see that suffering is inevitable, because we are attached to life and are not accepting it to ever change, even though it inevitably will. You will grow old, you will grow sick, you will die.

5. Thus, the only winning move is not to play. By forsaking attachment to life, by forsaking attachment to things, we can free ourselves from suffering, like letting go of a piece of burning coal.

6. In addition, this suffering does not end with death. You (well, not *you*) are reborn and recycled, again and again. Your actions cause suffering for others, as do the actions of others cause suffering for you. This keeps the cycle going, seemingly forever.

7. The only way to escape this cycle is by following the Eightfold Path: the right View (points 1-6), the right Intent (wanting to end the cycle), the three mental acts (meditation, avoiding physical distraction, avoiding mental distraction), and the three physical acts (use no bad speech, do no bad acts, lead no bad life).

8. Nirvana is not a reward. It is not heaven. It is the cessation of your Self. You will have the understanding that you do not really exist, and through this you achieve the cessation of "your" suffering. Then there is nothingness. Like a candle that has been blown out.

YOU ARE NIRVANA! STOP LOOKING FOR IT, YOU ARE IT! NIRVANA is a state of being just like TREE is JUST IS! Tree doesn't need to worry about water or food or dying or reproducing, it just is! Stop fighting nature, be nature

>if god is everything and everything is god, then did god create himself?
This question is so retarded, why do people keep coming back to it? Look at this thing, when was it created?

youtube.com/watch?v=PD2XgQOyCCk

When was 1+1=2 created? When were the real numbers created? All of those things are transcendental truths, unattached to the concept of time of material life. They just exist, have always existed, will always exist. God is the same thing but including all transcendental truths.

Buddhist don’t smoke or drink. Consult the 5th Buddhist presept.

Cop out I know, but most religions believe that God (monotheistic or pantheistic in nature) is literally incomprehensible. Can an ant comprehend what it is like to be human? Times that by a billion, and that's what it's like for humans to try to comprehend God. We are a tiny part of the cosmos trying to understand the entirety, and that's impossible.

Yes, it sounds like eastern mumbo-jumbo, but it's not really incompatible with science at all, and what many people from many faiths believe.

Nirvana is a returning to the state all things once were before we complicated life. Looking is involved but only inward.

Buddhism is literally about the annihilation of self to escape reincarnation. If you're going to try Buddhism go for the Chink version that isn't as suicidal as the original.

what we call God is just an eternal, universal energy that surrounds everything and is everywhere. Our souls are pieces of that energy. Energy can't be destroyed or created, it just is.

If you desire to relinquish your desires, you're kind of running in circles aren't you?

Just be kind, and don't hurt anyone; but always defend yourself and your peoples when faced with destruction. This includes animals; be compassionate.

God is not energy, don't misuse the word energy. Energy is a material thing. Use the word "information" instead if you with.

If god is all powerful then he must contain everything. Because if he doesn't contain everything then he isn't all powerful.
Therefore our universe is part of god. But not only our universe every other multiverse too. If god contains the entire multiverse then he can't affect our choices since there must be a universe for every choice we make.
If you say there isn't a multiverse then everything is predetermined
Therefore god is irrelevant even if he exist, atleast in the 'allpowerful' definition.

Ok, let me beat you up until you wish you were dead.

Read about Stoicism. It is similar, and it is Western. I recommend The Art of Stoic Joy by William Irvine for an intro

Proper meditation is the only way to Nirvana.

1) Sit upright, but relaxed, on a chair, bench, or meditation cushion.

2) Establish what the Buddha called “self-possession.” In other words, feel yourself as the whole body, and then be consciously present as the whole body, the whole psycho-physical being.

3) ‘Gaze’ into empty space. If you are ‘self-possessed,’ this ‘gaze’ will amount to being whole-bodily present to (or in direct relationship to) the void.

4) Randomly focus your attention on your breath by being in direct relationship to your breathing cycle.

5) Totally relax your body (including your head) and utterly let go of your mind.

Continue letting go and remaining present and relaxed for 36,000 hours cumulative.

Nope, you remove craving. The only desires that are removed are sensual desires and the desire to be or not be something.

Hang up the call !

What if he's not fighting nature, etc.

No different than any other religion. Hocus pocus, supernatural beliefs and "deep" thinking assumptions about our world and the universe.

What's the difference? Define information

>directions to nirvana??
Sail as fast as you can past that big orange buoy, then quickly turn left.

Let go of all earthly belonging by donating to me

To exist you have to be observed

No this is buddhism in a nutshell

>life sucks because feels
>even good feels are akshully bad feels
>not even death stops muh feels!
>delete me pls

It's objectively wrong and, frankly, animalistic. Feels are just chemistry.

Stupid shit. At some point I was, am or will be the Buddha in one life or another.

There is no worship in Buddhism. The Buddha encouraged empirical doubt in all thinks and to only believe in things that make logical sense to the individual and that included his own teachings. He didn’t claim to be a god or a prophet or have any fancy magic or powers. Sounds pretty unique to me

There is no hocus pocus its all about mindfullness. Maybe if you went outside and stopped brainwashing yourself with memes youd understand that

Energy is local, it exists at certain points of space, can only travel up to the speed of light... Information (in a broad sense) simply exists regardless of where it is.

>animalistic
I don’t know to many animals that meditate and practice introspective morality.

>Feels are just chemistry.
not quite

recite Usnisa Vijaya Dharani, it will purify your karma
youtube.com/watch?v=SgoCnLGcS3k

>buddhism is literally hinduism lite
ding ding ding!

read the upanishads and shankaracharya

The reason why god most likely doesn’t exist is because a god must be removed from our universe to create it. So he cannot be made of the same material as the universe. Because he has to exist before that material existed. So he can only be consciousness, but consciousness must originate from something.

But wouldn't information be considered a form of energy?
Also energy is everywhere and everything.

You couldn't be more wrong.

look at your own bible.

Do you think the first three commandments are there because God is Donald Trump or Kim Jong Un and has such a frail ego that he cannot be questioned?

Your Christian God has become a story, and that is exactly what God is not. Information is a story and that is exactly what God is not.

God is unknowable in any way.

The first says there is no God above me meaning that you can't parse God as something you can stand outside of and see. This means everything you see is a story you see from within the story as a Representation but that God is something that is not a story and cannot be known.

The second commandment says do not make false idols that contain Gods power. This means the stories you make that are useful to be believed for their intents are all false idols of God. All your logic and feelings are just stories, but to attribute them as Reality or truth is simply a false idol.

The third says to not use God as an argument of what is useful to be believed for its intent. You don't speak for God; God speaks for God in that God grants your stories usefulness.

All of these point exactly to the opposite of what you say. God is not a story but the thing that can't be made into a story that allows your stories to be useful to be believed for their intent.

Your Platonism and Sophistry have infected your Narrative. You stink of Greek blasphemy.

Buddhism is just a story too, but at least it doesn't claim to know God.

If god is composed of energy then wouldn’t it require a god removed from that god to create that god and another for that one, and infinitely more gods creating gods to create gods to create man.

In the sense that feels are elevated beyond mere sensations. Animals are skinner boxes. Humans can be so much more. All that meditating is so much more, but it's for an animalistic purpose.
German spiritualism nonsense?

>cannot be made of the same material as the universe
Of what material is Mathematics made of?

>he has to exist before that material existed
When did Mathematics start existing?

>consciousness must originate from something
From what did Mathematics emerge?

When thinking of "Mathematics", keep this video in mind .

Buddhism is more like Hindu: The re-imagination. Similar to the differences between the three book religions.

Also the Chinese Buddhism (which is the largest branch iirc) is based on Tao(or dao)ism. Incidentally Japanese Buddhism is based on Shinto so it really goes to show that whatever the native religion of a region is the local Buddhism will match. I wouldn't be surprised if a Western Buddhist group started using angels and Satan to preach their scriptures.

Fine, use the term energy if you like. Let's not start a semantic war.

>stink of Greek blasphemy
Plato was the precursor to Christianism. Why the fuck are you criticizing Greek philosophy of all things?

Animals are riddled with craving and desire. The desire for sensual pleasures, the desire to continue their species, the desire to be the alpha in their community. I say that Buddhism removes itself from animalism and that ordinary life is closer to animals.

Energy can't be created or destroyed. It just takes different forms but it always is. How it came into existence in the first place? Idk. maybe it always existed, maybe big bang was the birth of this energy, of God.

Yes but it requires effort. Are you ready is the question?

If I showed you the truth you would fall apart no hyperbole

begin with Ahimsa. true Ahimsa.

God talked reality into existence. The Logos is real.

Mathematics is a concept used to quantify and make sense of our universe. It isn’t the ultimate reality of existence. Notice that majority or concepts in pure math cannot translate to actual physical occurrences.

I wasn't trying to start a war. I was genuinely curious to see what you meant by that but I think we're talking about the same thing essentially.

Have you read the last question by Isaac Asimov?

Look I will post this once I do not want to argue with anyone, but people are waiting for questions like this. We are here to guide to you if you are to here to learn, (((they))) are here so are we, the things we could show you desu ... you are not ready to understand

gobeklitepe.info
nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012-poleReversal.html
humansarefree.com/2017/08/third-snowy-pyramid-recently-discovered.html
youtu.be/2QFGRm5Z7Rk
newsweek.com/trachilos-footprint-crete-human-evolution-million-658287
ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/do-ica-stones-prove-mankind-coexisted-dinosaurs-advanced-technology-098989
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/05/incredible-graveyard-5000-year-old-giants-found-china/
ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/giant-7-8-foot-skeletons-uncovered-ecuador-sent-scientific-testing-004119

If god has a birth, then he must have a death. He must have a destiny. He must dream for there to be an alternative to reality. He can be created or destroyed. He must have a concept or truth and delusion. All of those things make him NOT GOD.

Watch this short series.
youtu.be/aXuTt7c3Jkg
It'll give you a general idea.

Did you seriously not read what I wrote, or is it just to new of a concept for you to take in?

First: the commandments are Jewish not Christian.
Second: the Commandments are distinctly not any form of Greek Philosophy, but Christianity is Greek philosophy - half Greek and half Egyptian, and all the dark mirror of Judaism, because it is nothing but a reinterpretation.

Third: Same as with Buddhism, you can't get here from there.

Anything you say is a story. Every action you take is a story. That story is useful to be believed because the World, or what everyone calls God, allows it.

You have to have stories to make stories but the stories you have limit the stories you can make.
Until you get rid of your Platonic and Sophistic stories, you will never get to the story of Buddhism.

This is Humean Philosophy but on steroids.

Giving a shit about the alarms and gold stars of the brain is what is animalistic. Buddhism is 100% a humiliation fetish where you cum when you've escaped muh feels in a shower of spiritual ecstasy, user. Free your mind from skinnerian logic and you will have more than the buddha's spiritual suicide non-heaven.
German spiritualism nonsense confirmed.

I don't have all the answers. I'm still seeking the truth. You bring up good points and I've thought about it as well.
Nice ID btw

>majority or concepts in pure math cannot translate to actual physical occurrences.
...but all physical occurrences can be explained in mathematical terms. Sometimes we find out the math that explains a given physical phenomenon much before the Physics come in, such as what happened with Riemann geometry and general relativity.

Math is not "just a concept", it is something that exists and that couldn't be any other way. We don't invent Math, we discover it, making it a transcendental truth.

I also think we're talking about the same thing, that's why I think the discussion is pointless. I was just trying to unattach the idea of God from anything that depends on space and time to exist.

No, what is it about?

I don't understand your point, Plato talked of transcendental truths and that is exactly what the kingdom of God that Christ talks of is about. I'm not talking about any story.

I thought it was nonsense until a few years ago. Then I became less dense and started taking reality less for granted.

If you understand what this means find me
>923 and 33 are the two most important numbers in free masonry
>Illuminati founded in 1776
>United States founded in 1776
>1776 is used to calculate 923 in free masonry look up what this means yourself
>The last eclipse like the one we just had was in 1776
>9/23 is 33 days after the eclipse
>The next one is 7 years away
>Tribulations in the book of revelations last 7 years
>Revelations written by the free masons
>Revelations is not prophesy it is an eyewitness account of cyclical event prob caused the floods in the bible and Epic Of Gilgamesh just a theory
>The pyramids mark this exact date not just the Egyptian ones but all over the world including Antarctica
>Free masons built the pyramids
>Israel founded in 1917 because of the faked holocaust in order to fulfill biblical prophecy and match the dates precisely for 9/23
>Mayan calendar ended in 2012
>Polar shift in 2012
>Antarctica is Atlantis home of this knowledge and technology which they are desperately trying to cover up

its a roleplay version of zen buddhism

Thanks, nice trips bro

It’s a tool to understand the universe. Knowing calculus won’t unlock hidden truths about the mind.