What is it about K-On that supposedly makes people think it's immune to criticism?

What is it about K-On that supposedly makes people think it's immune to criticism?

It's the SAO of Moe. It hits just the right pandering aspects for Otaku, but there's nothing intelligent or revolutionary about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

twolongfourtwitlonger.wordpress.com/2015/07/03/the-worst-anime-ever-made/
ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2016/01/07/k-on-staff-interviews-pt-1-director-naoko-yamada-series-composer-reiko-yoshida-dialogue/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>It's the SAO of Moe

Shhhh, if you talk bad about K-on! You will summon him

I also hate fun

>It's the SAO of moe

"it's the x of y" is the shittiest meme argument ever invented.

>It's the SAO of Moe

What did he mean by this?

It's true though. SAO is shit that appeals to the masses despite being filled with holes and problems when you put it under a microscope.

The main difference between SAO and K-On is that K-On never gets subjected to the same standards of criticism on Sup Forums.

K-On when you break it down to it's core material is mindless pandering garbage.

Sao is shit

>analogies are just a meme

Moefags literally want us to go back to preliterate consciousness.

Haven't you already made one thread?

Elaborate. What is wrong with it?

What are the 'holes and problems' in keion? You watched it, right?

>Moefags
I thought we were past the point where Sup Forums parroted terms like these.

>Guys! It's shit! Why doesn't anyone else think it's shit? I obviously have superior taste!

>SAO of moe

Not even trying.

If anything K-On! panders far less than other CGDCT shows. Little to no fanservice or yuri, characters that fit less neatly into the standard archetypes than most (except Azusa, IMO the weakest of the main girls) and there's certainly no self-inserts or Mary Sues.

What I'm trying to say is kill yourself OP.

I'm still watching K-On for the 2nd time as we speak. I said explicitly in that thread that if people didn't put forth arguments actually explaining why it's good, I would trash Kyoani. Just hope by the time I'm finished that it grows on me, or else this will be a regular thing.

Oh god, this is going to be another one of those threads where some pretentious fuck puts a SoL through an advanced, technical analysis, isn't it?

Oh my god are you the one who made that fucking Ritsu thread? Fuck off attention whore.

>What is it about K-On that supposedly makes people think it's immune to criticism?
nothing's immune to criticism, you're doing it right now

>It's the SAO of Moe.
dope bait, but if it isn't - it's a shitty comparison because SAO is the most criticised series of recent years short of this season's Berserk, and even that hasn't garnered as much hate

>It hits just the right pandering aspects for Otaku,
there's nothing wrong with this, the best works in history are "pandering" in some respect. I wouldn't doubt that your favourite series is emotionally pandering or pandering to the sense of humour commonly associated with your age demographic. Either way, Lucky Star is so much more pandering to Otaku's so it's a dumb statement

>but there's nothing intelligent
arguably Naoko Yamada is one of the most intelligent directors working in anime at the moment because she manages to tell an enveloping story with well-developed characters complimented by beautiful cinematography all within the perceived confines of the SoL genre

>or revolutionary about it.
shit doesn't have to be revolutionary to be good, that's some immature mentality family

>It's the Evangelion of Moe
FTFY fuccboy

>Yui rubs Mio's finger's sensually in the second episode

Yeah fuck off

The fact that I don't remember that and no one brings it up says a lot. You need your yuri goggles on to find anything but the lightest subtext, and the only fanservice (other than some official art) comes from Mio in the beach episode of S1.

Your yuri googles are too tight. The feel of the callus on her fingers was interesting. That's all.

oh shit nigga did you just cite a single 4-5 second shot within 40 minutes worth of anime, you sure proved your point, aced it homey, glad your set that guy straight

Slice of life shows with cute girls are not reliant on their plot, they are simply tools for escapism.
It's all about character interactions.

They're meant to make you comfortable, which this one does well.

No matter which pretentious manime you enjoy, there will always be a thousand niche European arthouse films which has it beat in every single technical aspect.
That's why there's no point in rating it by those standards.

>Attention whore

I don't even trip, there's nothing for me to gain here in the way of attention. I'm only concerned with actually discerning truth.

>stop liking what I don't like

But SAO was bad, whereas K-On was actually good

Keion is the lord of anime

>I'm only concerned with actually discerning truth.

puni puni~

Alright, maybe this thread was premature. I'm actually starting to get in to this with the 3rd episode. First 2 episodes are exceptionally bad though.

Fuck off attention whore.

Kill yourself.

Go die.

Nah, as one of those pretentious wankers who likes all of those European arthouse films, I can confirm there are many directors in anime who have a comparable eye for visual direction and montage, particularly in the way in which it informs characterisation. The best example of this (at least in my opinion) would be Naoko Yamada. I don't disagree that, to a degree, we should judge anime to a different standard than other mediums because it has its own conventions and production cycle, but there are directors and talents behind anime that are just as talented as the best "arthouse" directors.

>Alright, maybe this thread was premature
Just like your mother's decision to not abort you.

or better yet start a blog

I want you to have a seat and think about what you just said.

Wait until you get to the episode where Moogie fights a nigga

Doesn't matter what the director's experience or skill level is.
No matter how great they are, they're limited by the medium itself.

You cannot make truly experimental or groundbreaking anime because the production costs are too high, and the core audience is extremely small.

The arthouse scene can thrive because it's possible shoot a movie for a few thousand dollars if you are creative enough, and various festivals can be a gateway to a large audience.

Source on that smug?

Spoken like somebody who hasn't seen more than 10 anime.

Fuck off already.

It's airing right now. You should be able to figure out the rest for yourself.

>What is it about K-On that supposedly makes people think it's immune to criticism?
It's a good show, but most people are simply funposting when they talk about it being on the highest of high pedestals.

However, the things about K-ON is that it's a big target, after not only being KyoAni, but being one of their most successful shows. This attracts a lot of hate from the worst people, who simply hate things because they're popular, or think they can give criticisms about the show because of the genre its in. Everyone by now has heard at least one person say that K-ON is the cancer killing anime. And really, it's a lot of this unfounded and silly hatred against it that lead people to take the opposite extreme approach, and call it God's gift to anime.

>It's the SAO of Moe.
Also, it would be fun to hear you explain what this means.

>People still think that the most mundane entry-level SoL was in any way "good" because "it's FUN" and will endlessly defend it
K-On was and still is a generic normalfag-tier show - facts.

Name 5 better CGDCT shows.

Aria
Anne Happy
Gochuumon
Non Non Biyori
Kuma Miko

Thanks, user. Backlogs gotten too bad to keep up with anything currently airing.

>kuma miko is a cgdct

GIS says it's anime.

Hibiki and Machi were very cute.

>Aria
I'd call this more iyashikei than CGDCT, honestly. But there's certainly overlap.
>Anne Happy
Better than K-ON? I disagree.
>Gochuumon
Better than K-ON? I disagree.
>Non Non Biyori
Never watched.
>Kuma Miko
You're funny.

No normalfag likes K-ON. Normalfag anime is stuff like Steins Gate.

You're full of shit, kill yourself.

If you have 4chanX (you should), there's a link you can click that will literally tell you the name of the anime and the episode it's from.

Mika and Akane were very cute but that doesn't make psycho pass a cgdct.

His hint was that it's currently airing.
Protip: lurk the fuck more.

You're right, but they weren't doing cute things.

Nichijou
Azumanga Daioh
Gochiusa

Non Non Biyori on par with K-On. So, I can only name 3 shows.

>Nichijou
On par with K-On
>Azumanga Daioh
>Gochiusa
No.
>Non Non Biyori
Good, but not better.

If your friend had weird hard fingers and offered to let you touch them, wouldn't you?

>K-On never gets subjected to the same standards of criticism on Sup Forums

Consider Sup Forums's demography. Then the answers would be revealed to you.

>SAO of moe
that doesn't make sense. can you explain it?

sorry for the late answer, it yun from New Game. as said it's still airing

It's the poster boy even though it doesn't deserve it.

Kill yourself

But everyone can agree the SAO was shit.
So OP doesn't make any sense

Kill yourself.

rude.

That's what you deserve.

>K-On when you break it down to it's core material is mindless pandering garbage.
That's literally every moe anime ever. That's the point of this genre.

Can someone please explain to me why Sup Forumsirgin crossboarders love misusing the word "moe" so much? I see it happen so often, but I simply cannot understand why.

K-On is a coming of age story with a convincing relationship between the characters that captures melancholy, nostalgia, the passage of time, innate passion for music and the inevitability of change in a Utopian constructed setting. It is very auteur and packed to brim with detail that breathes life into its world with recurring visual motifs and symbolism, real life parallels and an amateur indie aesthetic that makes it all the more endearing in its portrayal of the banal and nostalgic. The production is world class and primarily led by women in charge of the creative positions furthering its narrative in second wave feminism. Character animation is some of the best in any TV anime fully contributing to its physical comedy through motion, fleshing out its characters and thoroughly expressing their emotions in a way that most other slice of life fail to do. What's more is that the work was made for the personal satisfaction of its director, Naoko Yamada, rather than for the male otaku. It's her reminiscing of her high school years with her closely knit friends and this is all reflected in the personality and experiences of the Keions themselves. It's the pinnacle of its genre.

"K-ON's utopian friendship-microcosm fulfills modern Japan's(and as an extension those of overseas fans) desire for a nearly lost form of simple connection with others, its subtler depiction of growth and change, along with espousing pointless conversation for its own sake elevates the slice of life genre in terms of artfulness"

twolongfourtwitlonger.wordpress.com/2015/07/03/the-worst-anime-ever-made/
ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2016/01/07/k-on-staff-interviews-pt-1-director-naoko-yamada-series-composer-reiko-yoshida-dialogue/

Read a fucking novel for god's sake.

I watched the first season and I didn't like it.
The music was good, but I didn't like the characters.

I think you posted in the wrong thread.

Most people agree that the second season outshines the first. However if you don't like the characters, you made the right decision to drop it. Attachment to the characters is at the crux of any anime, but especially SOLs.

Not him but 4chanX has screwed up every browser I've used it on. I've stuck to vanilla as a result.

You were probably just doing it wrong.

Great argument.

>The main difference between SAO and K-On is that K-On never gets subjected to the same standards of criticism on Sup Forums.

LOL
O
L

On the contrary, the few "true abstract" films that exist are animated and cost next to nothing to make, the early shorts of Ruttmann and Richter for example. Otherwise, the best Western arthouse animated films are the one's made on a small budget but backed by a colossal amount of creativity, take It's Such a Beautiful Day or Yellow Submarine.

This is all moot because good direction isn't limited to odd imagery or experimentation or abstraction, art-films are not the only well directed movies. In my opinion and the opinion of many pretentious assholes is that the greatest film director to ever live was Yasujiro Ozu, and, at the time of his films, he was nearly mocked for being so conventional. Ozu's direction is highly comparable to Naoko Yamada, how the framing of the scene is dictated by the characters and cutting dictated by emotional and dramatic dialogue.

Otherwise I don't really understand what you mean when you say that thousands of niche European arthouse films beat all anime.

>You cannot make truly experimental or groundbreaking anime because the production costs are too high, and the core audience is extremely small.
Come on, Eva is famous for its highly experimental ending that was directly facilitated by the massive cutting of budget during the final episodes. Don't try and tell me the series was either not groundbreaking or had a small audience

>its the SAO of Moe

OP you are one retarded motherfucker
If anything Love live is worse.

Ive seen no problems with K-on other than I got kinda bored with it and watched something else. It was a cute moe. Its not anthing popular to fuss about faggot

Babies first SOL

Nah, rabu raibu is more like the Naruto of SOL.

K-on isn't funny past episode therefore its a shit sol, also it isn't dramatic or heart warming. The final episode is them all going to the same college and kyoanus shit eaters try to tell me this is sad

kumamiko is much sadder and yuru yuri much more funny, japs only buy kyoanus garbage because it airs before 2am unlike most sol/cgdqt

Kill yourselves.

K-On actually executed it's concept well though, that's the main difference here.

I don't know why people don't criticize shows like Yuru Yuri, Non Non Biyori, Hidamari, Aria for this. They are worse in their voyeurism and pandering.

Why not let just people like what they like? It's getting nigh tiresome of anons on Sup Forums forcing people to like x series or dislike y series or their that individual is seen as a pariah. We're basically becoming reddit more and more everyday. It's absolutely sickening.

Yui best?

>namefag complaining about reddit

Absolutely.