Was this any good?

was this any good?

I love utena, and mawaru penguindrum had huge problems, but at least it was interesting and had a decent premise

I watched the first episode of this when it came out and immediately dropped it. worth a go, or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kuDeEBDwkG4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Try watching the fourth episode.

One of the best op of the year. Top 3

I fucking hated this show but then I also didn't like Mawaru Penguindrum at all so yeah.

Don't watch unless you are Japanese, seriously

It was alright. Everyone constantly talking about symbolism and hyping Ikuhara sure didn't help for me.

can I just jump into the fourth episode?

I wanted to like it a lot. in the end, I really just think it's really well directed, but really poorly written.

I might be, actually. that reads more like a warning than a reccomendation though.

well if you watch Utena and Penguindrum you might as well

it's sort of a trilogy thing at this point

yurikuma was completely cringeworthy AND incoherent, just from the first episode. it made me think ikuhara was on drugs.

I guess I'll give it a go anyway. I just couldnt stand the first episode.

it's really straight forward because it's the shortest of the three, which might be a good or bad thing depending on how much you appreciate deep symbolism

I like how it's embedded in the visuals, the music, and the character writing. I dislike how forced it is sometimes. the weird sexual undertones in yurikuma I gues is what turned me off.

imo he really needs either a cowriter or an editor.

It had some fun crazy scenes

No repeating musical segment though

Jesus fucking christ I just rewatched an episode of penguindrum and this show is fucking soul crushing.

I felt like I was too dense for it and that a ton of things were flying over my head. So I stopped watching at episode 4 or 5.

I'm pretty sure I didn't 'get' Penguindrum either, but the family theme is what kept me invested.

yes it was good. easily better than most shows of that season now that the dust has settled.

thanks for the prodding, everyone. I'm too closed minded sometimes.

now that the dust has settled is probably the perfect meme to describe ikuhara shows

I liked it but then again I actually liked Penguindrum

With that said it is the weakest Ikuhara work.

This still makes me laugh

youtube.com/watch?v=kuDeEBDwkG4

wtf I love this show now

It's Ikuhara's best work. No wonder it's so underrated compared to that piece of shit called Utena, since true art usually can't be appreciated by masses.

Be a man and just do it.