What does Sup Forums think of this guy? For such a popular and viewed news source he could honestly be a lot worse...

What does Sup Forums think of this guy? For such a popular and viewed news source he could honestly be a lot worse. His tit;es and thumbnails can be annoying though

titles*
Typo

are you him? never seen nor heard of this guy.

WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT X

Philip DeFranco would have no reason to shill himself on Sup Forums, I'm not him I'm just curious what this place thinks of him

I don't like him, he's a cocky self righteous asshole. He was interesting for the first week he was on youtube.

i watched him when i was 16 so he's probably a faggot

getting real tired of his "why we need to talk about " x bullshit.
just give me the news you fucking faggot.
i'm glad youtube has that quick tap to fast forward (or 'l' on the keyboard). turns his vids into 3 minutes.
he seems to be getting more cowardly in his stances, as well. used to present both sides rather objectively, but he's definitely selecting sides now, and not telling full stories. I think it has to do with his team, picking stories and doing research for him. i genuinely get mad when i know more than him on a given topic. news for babies

This. He somehow makes "not having an opinion" an opinion, and an elitist one at that.

Radical centrist.

did you just call 16 year old you a faggot?

yes

Hey you beautiful bastards I'm going to read the top news stories off of reddit for you. I'll even tell you what the top opinions from the comments were.

I like him but his unyealding centrism is starting to feel annoying. The only stance he takes is that against pedophiles. I think he may still be redpilled in secrecy, but he needs to stop being such a middleman. It's almost as if he panders to both sides of the spectrum just enough to mildily satisfy both sides and prevent them from leaving. I don't like feeling used, Phil.

unyielding*

Well, he's pretty basic compared to actual news, but I find him really interesting for keeping track of what the normies are talking about and what the opinion of the 'man on the street' would be, if we assume an average man with no prior biases or political ideologies.

As a non-American, it's really useful to have someone who genuinely tries to be politically impartial. Sites like Breitbart are biased to the right, Huffpost to the left, and the supposedly impartial mainstream media is biased towards America's corporate overlords. If you Americans want to find out what some schmuck working 9-5 in a cubicle thinks about things you can go up and talk to one - I have to go and watch Phil.

Goood guy that knows his audience.

He's just a bland bugman. Appeals to teenagers and bugpeople.

He's pretty woke.

He used to review absurd e-celeb gossips before 2016. I did subscribe, suffered through his vids and unsubscribed.

talks about too much stupid e-celeb shit, but when he does talk about something more serious at least his inner libshit doesn't show much and he does try and tell both sides of a story.

>i watched him when i was 16 so he's probably a faggot

So?

He's still woke as fuck.

I like this guy. He's fairly unbiased

Reminds me why I grew up and put away my toys.

>fairly unbiased

I like him, agreed about his titles and thumbnails, they're ridiculously clickbaity but I guess he's unabashedly embracing that
>WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT X
this shit's kinda annoying. He said that about the kids who were dropping rocks on cars in today's video and there was nothing really to talk about.

His stance on pedophiles bothers me too, those kids literally killed a guy but he considered the guy in the next segment who touched some boys to be even worse and deserving of a harsher punishment. That's... questionable to me.

But I like him. He popped briefly up in one of Sargon's streams which at least bumps him up a level. I'm surprised I've never seen any stink raised about that, I think it was the same stream that destroyed JonTron's career.

I do wish he talked less about fights between youtubers I've never fucking heard of.

I'm starting to think I enjoy the behind the scenes vlogs more than his proper videos. His staff all seem like fun people. First time I came across those videos I was kinda surprised though, I had honestly been thinking the backdrop in his videos was just his living room and he did it all himself.
>cover three stories a day
>need a whole team to do that
He's expanding his output now so at least that's justified

His format is pretty ducking annoying but he clearly does it because he knows it works. And at least he cuts out dead air.

He's literally the closest thing to redpilled that normies will ever love.

>ecelebs

>could be a lot worse
If he was any more partisan he wouldn't be as big as he is. His business strategy is to stay somewhat moderate and make some attempt to be fair and slowly replace the market share of the MSM which have alienated viewers with their fake news.

If he told his true opinions unfiltered and passed it off as news he would be nigh identical to The Young Turks and lose half of his audience.

He is the YouTuber equivalent of people on reddit who start their posts with 'I know I'm going to get downvoted for this, but...' and then post the most popular opinion possible.

He stays extremely safe with his opinions, and feels the need to desperately caveat everything he says with "BUT THIS IS A CONVERSATION"

pic unrelated but glorious nonetheless

I think he sold out recently to George Soros and Media Matters, He has not been covering decent shit this whole month. Use to really like him, now I am unsubscribed.

Very accurate.

I actually think it's refreshing. It's nice having an actually unbiased anchorman rather than what the MSM shits out

not having an opinion when you lack enough information to make a proper judgement is fine

it's also fine to lambast others for having an opinion when they really shouldn't tbqh