/pig/ - Petroleum Industry General

Any anons work in the petroleum / energy industry?

Let's talk about it.

Feels good to have a redpilled job in a redpilled industry.

Other urls found in this thread:

thehigherlearning.com/2014/09/22/the-rockefellers-are-selling-off-their-oil-investments-to-re-invest-in-clean-energy/
youtu.be/P2bKWxDt-f0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you pic related? If so post more

You trying to dox me?
Go back to your mudlog, bish.

what do you d`o faggot?

of course I'm not, if I was, I'd be too busy fucking the crew and getting opportunities handed to me on a silver platter.

>oil
>redpilled
Let me guess you are one of those redneck faggots who love coal and oil just to spite those darnnn liberals right?

Yes. I work.
It's good but here in Brazil due to corruption, PetrobrĂ¡s isn't very well and with that it makes the market get complicated.
And woman in the photo. I laughed.
Here it's a job dominated by men.

Who's hiring electrical engineering technologists or has electrical apprenticeships to give out?

>And woman in the photo. I laughed.
That's the joke.

It's damn good $$$$.
Roughnecks start at $25 per hour. Work 2 weeks, off 2 weeks.
3rd party workers get a per diem.

A mud engineer can make $1K a day if it's offshore. That's being on-call 24 hrs a day, though. Lots of down time.

Downstream here. Pretty good. It's an honest job and no bullshit.

I work in a comfy office and make exactly the same as that.

Enjoy fucking up your back one day you uneducated swine.

Oil field fag in the house

>Graduated with a degree in chemical engineering
>So many people I went to school with wanted to work in petroleum, expected 90k+ starting, etc
>Get to watch all of them get BTFO by the oil price slump, companies going silent, interviews grinding to a halt

I had some good keks

>simplex safety systems
>motor-less fire barges that have to be towed into place

Enjoy getting cancer.

I have an MS in Petroleum Geology.
I hand a sheet of the required additives to the Derrickhand, attend two safety meetings and watch TV.
I have an office, too, a mobile one.
I clear $200K a year for working 6 out of 12 months.

>checks if anyone added subs to a Russian sitcom about an American spy trying to infiltrate Gazprom
>nope
We're so autistic. It's British-tier TV, but no one bothers

Did Frac for 2 years in the Balkan. Good money and it was nice not ever working with woman or niggers. Just wish the money was better now.

No you don't.

Amen. I've only seen two nigs in 20 years. And it was only recently at that.
Definitely not a job for the nu-male, PC, SJW crowd.

Mud engineer for sure.

>i make so much money
>im in the middle of the ocean or in some shithole working

pick2

no thanks

I absolutely do.
That's what you get after working awhile, not starting out.
Starting out as a mud man will get about $60K a year...and that's half a year. Two week rotation.

I happen to flip-flop between several wells in one day. So, yes, I make a Hell of a lot more.

Work in pipelines. Money is great and the projects are interesting. Work with mainly red blooded Americans.

Post your dick on a pile of cash.

Sounds comfy

Just who is this semen demon

rig pig here just snorted a bunch of cocaine AMA

Stop avatarfagging, you cuck

how many hookers have you slept with

Was working in oil & gas. Management got filled with clawing women who ran the fucking company to the ground with their constant sabotage and backstabbing.
Most people either quit or got laid off eventually. Surprisingly those fucking women are still there....

>Balkan
good larp faggot, its BAKKEN

Get out of oil while you still can. The global elites are dumping oil stocks in preparation for the renewable takeover. Rockefellers sold over $50 billion of oil assets. They know what's coming. Oil is going to be deader than coal in a few years. Start saving your money.

thehigherlearning.com/2014/09/22/the-rockefellers-are-selling-off-their-oil-investments-to-re-invest-in-clean-energy/

Edmonto has some starter jobs in electrical with some commercial companies/industrial
Canem systems
Techmation idustrial
Mcl elctrical
Dialog ltd
To name a few
Also dual ticket welder, electrician with industrial experience, ama

reminder: if you don't rack back pipe or pull slips, you don't into oil and gas field. you're a faggot who larps

Anything but sag-d and open pit excavation is a meme seasonal job

>sag-d
it is in cucknadia. you faggots have fewer rigs running in the whole country than inTEXAS alone

I work for a fairly large drilling company. I'm just a peon office guy and the pay is shitty for me but if you have a STEM degree you are paid ungodly sums.

There is a legitimate shortage of electricians and skilled laborers in the US. If you have even the slightest amount of business sense, get some eletricin buddies and become a contractor. Work can suck sometimes, but pick and choose when/how much you want to work, easily gain employees (except they will be shit because of shortage) and join a field that is only projected to grow regardless of economic conditions, minimal niggers or women, lots of locker room banter, unlimited potential. Only downside is that you do get hazed for a couple years as an apprentice

youtu.be/P2bKWxDt-f0

>fairly large
tell me your rig count and utilization and ill tell you if it's "fairly large"

>makes 200k
>browses Sup Forums

god damn fucking larpers get out.

I'm not giving too much info away man, sorry.

Jesus Christ... do you know how much this useless whore is making a day just because of gender quotas????

well it s true tho , i know in norway a basic worker on an Oil platform makes like 120k euro

I'm surprised her hair isn't tied up and tucked under. That shit looks like a straight safety violation.

its safe to guess you have no idea and that your sole purpose is "data entry"

No, but please by all means regale me with the coveted position you hold.

I'm sure even your roughneck brain can understand how the ground freezes in th winter

Can any of you cunts get a job for a Mechanical Engineer?

Engineering degree great thing to break in with. If you have any other talents it can get you into other departments in the company. A lot of it will depend on your personality and whose ass you can kiss.

cool , no effect on drilling

What skills should I try gain?
I can weld but no qualification, I used to work on forklifts and reach stackers, that's about it though.

exec of ops. come at me

If that is true than you are making money hand over fist. Kind of have that elitist attitude I've seen in some of the guys but I figure you are young and I haven't seen a young guy become something higher than an ops or area manager. But hey if you made it good for you.

A while back I had to take pics on a big ass ship (refinery).

Was pretty cool.

Also OPs qt is a qt.

If you don't have any certs or a degree you will have to start as a roustabout, shit work but it still pays pretty good. The only problem right now is the hiring is shit all across the board. As more rigs end their contracts more people are going to get laid off. This shit may not pick up for another 2-5 years if what those forecasters say is true. Shit dude go to Oz they have unions for fucking everything and they have ridiculous amounts of power there.

Safety man would run her off inside of 10 min due to her hair being unrestrained in an area with rotating equipment.

Enjoy decaying eyesight, Deep vein thrombosis and Gluteal problems.

Oil is going to $20 a barrel.
Saudi won't let fracking happen this century.

Studying petroleum geology now going to enjoy getting paid the big bucks to destroy the planet

t: High pressure LPG pipeline technician. Great money, the only downside is wearing Nomex all fucking year, even in the hot sun. Hardhats start to suck after a while too.

Started out as laborer in petro const. Learned the biz. Went into sales/project mgt.Have made over 500k in yr, easily make 250k. Now own 12% of co. Ask me anything

You hiring?

It's already happening

Our industry is hurting for young people. Point being is this industry isn't going away and for those willing to learn can make a very good living.

What's Oz?

Just hired 3 guys but may add some construction guys soon

A magical land filled with these cunts.

This is the thread for petroleum engineering?

why are you wearing a man burka?

Related, but not on topic: Pipeline stocks (MLP's) are still cheap as ever right now. They are a great, high-dividend investment. Think of them as being the "toll roads" of the petroleum industry. If you don't work for one, you should. If you don't invest in them, you really should.

One example is Enbridge Energy and it's subsidiaries. There are many others too.

scawy.

I have a degree in Civil Engineeringx how can I get into the oil industry? My dream job would be working at sea or remotely, two weeks on and two weeks off.

Engineering is way overrated IMO. I call on them now some and have to tell them how to do and what to put in drawings/contract bid docs. They don't make anywhere the $$ I do and they are chained to a desk 90% of time. I come and go as I please and only answer to my partners. We do retail and industrial fuel systems. Most in USA are hiring. Google fuel pumps and go apply

>being this salty
That's why I know you're lying and are just envious of him.

FYI hardly any nigs & women. But not a place for weak cucky SJW types. It's about as American as you can get.