Asuka episodes are the best episodes

Anyone who disagrees is autistic

Nah, she ruined the tone of the show.

Yes they are.

I've been letting my friend borrow my NGE DVDs so he can watch the series for the first time and he should be finishing the last disc today. I can't wait to finally ask him "Rei or Asuka" and them stab him in the chest if he says Rei.

It's gonna be a fun Saturday Sup Forums!

Let's compare the two:

Rei:

Lilith incarnated into a human being
Intelligent (Lilith's mind + Yui's genius genetics + Angel DNA)
Technically super-powerful (Generated the most powerful AT-field ever recorded after all Angels had presented themselves)
Was psychologically oppressed and manipulated to do NERV's bidding, but ultimately defeats them
Consistently on-point, rarely if ever screws up
Ends up becoming God, prevents SEELE from achieving their plan together with Shinji

Asuka:

Lilim, one of Lilith's spawn
Not so bright, easily makes mistakes, poor grades
Literally the strength of a 14 year old girl
Was psychologically oppressed and manipulated to do NERV's bidding, and died in their service
Continuously fucks up missions, kills many innocents with her rage
Ends up being raptured by instrumentality, ends up in a beach being choked by Shinji

So clearly, Rei > Asuka

Asuka: has a bombastic and interesting personality.

Rei: is a essentially a blank slate fuck doll with no real personality to speak of.

Asuka is a child prodigy who has finished college and only makes bad grades because she can't read nip.

Asuka: Is a brainwashed fuckdoll with no personality

Rei: Is a smart but introverted girl with a personality that's not only hers, but good as well.

>b-but Rei's the doll!

That's what Asuka "the queen of projecting" says too. Rei didn't lose all will as soon as things didn't go her way, Asuka did.

Asuka has no personality, because her entire image of her self, her motives etc... are precisely what NERV trained her to be. It's not her personality, and that's why NERV could take it away with a flick of their hand. Asuka was merely a puppet under their control.

In the meantime, Rei is subjected to worse mental torture and still holds on to her self, and thus her personality is her own.

Canonical facts.

>Asuka BELIEVES she is a child prodigy who has finished college and excuses her bad grades with the fact that she can't read nip on a child's level.

FTFY.

>Asukafags BTFO

(you)

>sweet asukafag tears

>The truth is, I have no emotional attachment to Rei at all.
>In the midst of making Eva, I suddenly realized that I had forgotten her. Her very existence. For example, in episode seven, I remembered and added one shot with Rei. I had no attachment to her at all. I think that was okay, because in episode eight, she didn't appear. Not even in a single shot.
>--Hideaki Anno

>Anno prefers Asuka over Rei
>despite this, Rei ends up being the better character overall throughout the series

Wew lad.

Yet somehow Rei was more interesting.

You fags wished that were the case. Sup Forums himself confirmed that asuka is better in 1945.

I'm sorry you feel this way. It can't be helped that some people just prefer dolls over characters.

Holy shit, Anno is so fucking butthurt that Rei was more interesting than Asuka.

see Only one doll in NGE, and that's Asuka.

>the people around Asuka calls her a doll
>Asuka has flashbacks and fears of being a doll

Yeah it sucks that Anno prefers dolls

same

It's fun to see her suffering and her struggle to stay relevant

Thanks for these shitflinging threads OP, my life wouldn't be complete otherwise

I actually agree. They bring a much-needed dynamic in the anime.

When did this happen? I don't even remember it, maybe I should rewatch Eva since I last watched it 6 years ago.

One of the director's cut episodes, not sure which one. She tries to an hero in that episode too and that's all I remember.

My sides.

I like Maya the best