Should I continue to practice in a religion I don't inherently believe in?

Is wrong for me to continue to believe in something I know is false? I still uphold the tradition and the ways of the church teaching.I love meeting the people there and feel inspired/motivated to pursue a career. Also bettering myself as a person and eventually marry someone within the church. So my only concern is that should I believe in something that's a lie just to make myself feel better?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/120132023/#120132023
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/119277518/#119286689
youtube.com/watch?v=dnrT7yZEV-g
youtu.be/4UYwHAO7JhU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

I'm Atheist yet i can't stand Starbucks.

I wouldn't try to put too fine of point on the literality of doctrine. It's not supposed to be science. It's dealing with a different domain than logic or science. You will need your faith in times when science won't do you any good. The most important thing is that god is real, and he can be interfaced with through prayer and in though in general. You can't have the kind of system(universe) we have with out an everlasting initiator. Don't lose your faith in god. Also, look into esoteric interpretations of what particular stories mean. The wisdom of the ages is in there.

This is what I was looking for. I am kind of having the same difficulty - that I love Christianity but my faith is a little weak.

see archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/120132023/#120132023
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/119277518/#119286689
Just trying to be helpful, user. Ignore if the above is obvious to you.

no rossie you shouldn't

I'm pretty hardcore atheist but I'm getting sick of all the degenerate SJW sluts on the left. I've been considering joining a church just so I can meet some pure right wing sweethearts.

I don't believe in the lore of Christianity at all, but I do believe in a lot of their core values.

youtube.com/watch?v=dnrT7yZEV-g

fake it til you make it

i want to lick her inner thighs

Although you know not God nor have the gift of faith, your fathers and forefathers did. The Lord delivered them. He knew you before you were born and after you die.

Eli Eli Lama Sabachtani
These were Christ's last words. They urge you to finish the psalm he started.
Listen or read Psalm 22.

youtu.be/4UYwHAO7JhU

You don't have to believe in god, but it's beneficial to act as if god exists.

Sauce?

>it's beneficial to act as if god exists.
>Sauce?

Kek.

Become a Guenon or Evola Traditionalist, or a Neoplatonist, and you can sift good from bad in your church, and utilize what is good.

Just because I believe in the psychological significance of the bible and try to live by it's teachings doesn't mean i am free of sin. I just wanna watch a cutie redhead... doesn't hurt anyone...

>tfw there are others

It is supposed to be the literal word of god. Anyone telling you anything different is the equivalent of a liberal in the church, and is the reason the religion is degrading as a whole (All people welcome with a rainbow flag out front, etc.).

This is pretty spot on. The institution and dogma is entirely political, a carrot and stick method for encouraging good behavior, brotherly love, community and self-sacrifice.

just pick and choose Bible verses you like, to justify your beliefs
alternatively you can start seeing the Christian god as a chaos god and worship him for that if you are ok with being edgy

If only you belief in yourself, there ain't nothing you can ever not do.

Which version of the Life of Pi do you like better?

The one where he befriends a talking tiger, or the one where he kills and eats his fellow refugees?

On second thought... don't answer that.

Worship Satan, he is the true god and the ENEMY of the jews.

Satan has his thumb up his ass for 99.99% of the Bible. He only actually does like 3 things, the rest of the verses that mention him are people trash talking him
at best he is a prankster side character in Endless Jewish Folk Tales vol. 69

Faith or no, tradition is what matters. Uphold the tradition, and developing faith always remains a possibility. Barring that, you continue to have a community and well-defined values for yourself and your family and descendants.

Or so I once read in a Jewish article about their emphasis of tradition over faith.

Given the insane number of other fedora shills on here today, I'll assume you're just another one.

But I'll answer anyway. It's hard to believe something is true when everyone around you believes it's false; and hard to believe it's false when everyone around you believes it's true. The 1900s were actually chock full of evidence that God is real.

The therapeutic approach to church is indeed B.S. though. Serve God, read Jesus and the prophets to see what he has told us, and don't be a puppet of modernity.

>Is wrong for me to continue to believe in something I know is false? I still uphold the tradition and the ways of the church teaching
Your religion teaches you that lies are wrong.

YOUR RELIGION TEACHES YOU LIES ARE BAD!!!!!

If it's a lie then why are you allowing yourself to be brainwashed?

Then why do Satanists support Cultural Marxism and sacrifice the goy kids and not Jews?

>All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
Taking some of the stories as parables does not make them any less true. I know at least 4 different layers of interpretation to the garden of eden events. All of them are true and valid.

To simply dismiss the concept of God as being unscientific is to violate the very objectivity of science itself.

A more important question. What is her name?