EU plans to fit all cars with speed limiters

>All cars could be fitted with devices that stop them going over 70mph, under new EU road safety measures which aim to cut deaths from road accidents by a third.

Don't go too fast goy. You can't escape.

telegraph.co.uk/motoring/road-safety/10278702/EU-plans-to-fit-all-cars-with-speed-limiters.html

Other urls found in this thread:

etsc.eu/briefing-intelligent-speed-assistance-isa/
topspeed.com/cars/audi-r8/ke1440.html
youtube.com/watch?v=V1bgBW9xx40
caranddriver.com/audi/r8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The EU will be destroyed in our lifetime.

This is never going to get through in Germany.

>How to turn the Germans against the EU

plz let this happen.

And what are you going to do about it if it does?

Shoot them?

This article is from 2013

and when cars drive themselves do you not think insurance premium will go up for human driving? that's how it starts. eventually you can only go where the state has authorized your machine to go

70 mph, while Germans consider 100-125 mph lazy cruising speed. Some cars actually have limiters (Gentleman's agreement by German manufacturers), but these limit at 155 mph and can be disabled by visiting the dealer's garage.

I know, my girlfriend is German and her dad drives at 160mph pretty much constantly.

Wow your government is literally ethnically cleansing it's native population and no body will do SHIT.But not being able to go 71mph is where you guys draw the line????

>fit all cars with speed limiters
>police mothball all their speed cameras
>buy device from America that disables speed limiter
>speed all you like
>never get caught

Aren't there highways in Europe where the speed limit is 200 kilometres an hour or more? 70 miles is only like 90km or something right? Sorry I don't know the American speed system

Better than the US putting aircraft style transponders on them.

HAHAHAHAHAH Eurofags BTFO! American muscle wins again!

yea the Autobahn doesnt have a speed limit not sure about any where else

Got a ticket for 93 in a 65 the other day. All I was doing was passing a dangerous patch of traffic, if anything I was the safest driver on that stretch.

My brother goes well over 200mph on his commute from Frankfurt to Munich and back in his R8.

>mothball
?

>American muscle

Some of the shittiest Sports cars on the market.

Japanese and European sports cars shit all over them in terms of reliability and performance.

>getting caught

Always know the backroads around where you're going and have a plan to evade ever cop you see. It may save your life or at least your wallet

The EU is the new soviet union.

>Running from the police
>Might save your life

you are either retarded or a black person.

Except American cars look awful.

You're a retard, and I still have no clue where the cop came form. They make roads more dangerous when they drive in traffic, everyone act like a fucking idiot.

I know, what the fuck happened? Went from making absolute design classics to cheap plastic shit.

Article is from 2013.

Why is it that Brits consistently post the most bootlicking cuckold sort of things? If you aren't by a city, it's easy to get away with that sort of thing.

What are you talking about retard? BMWs and Mercedes are literally overpriced pieces of plastic. The least reliable cars on the market next to Jeep. And Japanese sports cars are shit. The Z's are shit and Toyota 86 looks absolutely retarded

Yeah I'm sure cops totally can't see your license plate and instantly figure out who you are.

>Gentleman's agreement by German manufacturers
I thought it was just because of tire speed ratings.

if cars could be fitted with anti-muslim-murder devices, that would be great

News are from today, fag.
I won't google new article just for you. I'm taking a dump with my phone.

You want to know how I know you're wrong?

weeeeeeeeeeeeee
It's great being in the land of freedom.

They stop using them and throw them into storage spaces where they sit until someone tosses them.

The only one that looks awful is the modern Mustang. All the others are beautiful

Yeah I'm sure police would totally just get rid of all the convenient surveillance cameras they have everywhere.

>buy car
>remove limiter
wow so hard

>September 2013

Obviously it's been scrapped. Quit digging up old news, faggot

I wasn't the one who suggested they'd get rid of them, just explaining mothballing to the scandinavian.

yea...

That's the ugliest, cheapest looking dashboard instrument panel I've ever seen.

Fucking retards, deaths aren't caused by speeding, deaths are caused by texting roasties and drunken morons.

There's a reason why nobody buys US cars outside of the US, yet the world buys Japanese/Korean/European cars interchangeably. It's also why your motor industry still struggles.

I can't speak for national averages, but in my state its the largest source of death of teenage drivers and a pretty big source for adults.

i'm curious

Theres no problem with this. Besides, if you are a crook from the americas just hack the ECU to evade the cops.

120 Km/h

Here is your source

etsc.eu/briefing-intelligent-speed-assistance-isa/

>by 2020

>says the brit in his ford fusion

>nobody buys US cars outside of the US
china would like a word

Ford is the exception that proves the rule.

yall just get more and more cucked, it's the great cuckinig of the age.

topspeed.com/cars/audi-r8/ke1440.html
I hope this satisfies your curiosity.
If you meant well over 200 K/H, then yes. But the R8 barely reaches 200 MPH.

There's literally nothing wrong with the Charger. Even the base model is used by police across the country

that video is fucking spooky dude. saved

Mercedes, BMW and AUDI are known for their robustness. Volvos are rolling tanks.
Mercedes AMG models shit on your muscle crap and europe has ferraris and bugattis.
The nips have cost effectiveness. All you burgers have is fuel sucking oversized SUV's and pick up trucks.

Yeah yeah, sure.

Tends to happen when every accident in a car that happened to be going over the speed limit is blamed on speeding, especially when the average driving speed of driver over any one patch of road is at lease 10 km/h over the limit.

>He trusted the EU after they started talking about an 'EU army' and forced member states to fly the EU flag next to theirs

The Anglo is proven right yet again.

Australia uses Chevy extensively.
North America uses American.
>exception that proves the rule
Except Fusions sell like hot cakes.

>Nip sports cars are shit
Apologize to my lfa right fucking now

How are the europeons going to commit terrorist attacks now?

>post-1945 german logic

>"""speed assistance"""
Yeah, and the little shock collar they put on me that zaps me every time I have anti-establishment ideas is "thought assistance"

Do you know what "Exception that proves the rule" means you idiot?

so we get a speed limit but still no hp restriction for new drivers. great.

>All you burgers have is fuel sucking oversized SUV's and pick up trucks.
... and economy hatches, sleepers, bang-for-the-buck sports cars, and many others.
captcha: estate

car of peace

I have to admit.

What IS the point in cars being capable of going over the maximum speed limit?

You just get people killed, you end up getting tickets for yourself, or having your licence revoked.

So why not have a speed limit?

Sure, I'd find it scary/dangerous if there was some outside force that could turn down or even outright turn off your engine (such as a police state that wish to capture you or something.)

But just having a limiter for a national limit makes sense to me.

if i want to go 120 down the highway, leave me alone.

C
D
U

also known as Car Driver Union

>Sure, I'd find it scary/dangerous if there was some outside force that could turn down or even outright turn off your engine
tesla can already do that to their cars

They will just rent a room and start shooting.

I have literally never seen a BMW or Mercedes with more than 150,000 miles. The entire suspension falls apart at that point and you start getting leaks from everywhere in the engine

>What IS the point in cars being capable of going over the maximum speed limit?

To get your wife in labor to the hospital faster?
To run from the foreign army or a natural disaster?

>tfw britbongs will never build stick a 327 with the crusher in a 2 door blazer and floor it

Feels bad.

Does anyone have that /o/ thread where the GT went up against the Ferrari and the Lambo?

>ferraris and bugattis
We're talking about goy-affordable vehicles

Because it's another Orwellian hold on society.

You're implying that American cars are rarely sold outside the United States. I indicated many places where it is sold outside the United States. So, it seems as though YOU'RE the retard, tard.

They are not supposed to be driven off road. If you want 4 wheel traction capability just buy toyota.

I dont understand the autobahn. is it some sick joke that theres no speed limit? natural selection for dumb rich kids?

Supercars are a different breed.

Ford is the only good American Car company and is actually the best car company out there I think.

GM is fourth in global market share behind VW, Toyota and Renault-Nissan.

>can't into an engine.
Stay the fuck on the other side of the planet.

Logically there is no reason to.

I wouldn't want to floor it anyway, i'm not a car fanatic I just use the damn things to get from a to b.

Maybe some others want freedom but I just want the reliability to fucking get someplace.

True. But something like this I don't care about, I care more for the brainwashing in our schools than some car speed limiters.

>Another Daily Muslim Terror Attack
>Try to flee in car
>Speed Limiter kicks in
>You die

kinda but its mostly east european truck drivers causing all the ruckus.

>I just use the damn things to get from a to b

And this is why your opinion on this matter is meaningless.

>inb4 exception proves the rule

I love my Jeep, fuck you. 110,000 miles and going strong.

weve got laws against laws like this. feels good.

youtube.com/watch?v=V1bgBW9xx40

viva nepal!

Is that not what the car was invented for? Personal transportation?

>topspeed.com/cars/audi-r8/ke1440.html
>>jewspeed

caranddriver.com/audi/r8
Here are the actual test figures desu

>70mph limiter
>mfw i live in california where the freeways are either stopped or everyone driving 80+

Volvos have shit-tier chassis. Only reason why they're considered "robust" is that they keep adding steel to the car until it can barely move.