Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=846417
forum.koohii.com/thread-5572.html?highlight=podcast
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>週末アンキ

Post anki stats

>tfw suck at these questions
What level is it anyway? And what's the best way to tackle them? Do you read the entire sentence skipping over the blank part or do you read the answers first?

I just pulled it from N1 practise questions. I don't really have a method but I guess I read up to the blank and see if there's anything obvious to rule out, and then read the rest for more context.

What are the answers?

1 and 3

Funny, I was just looking up からいいようなものの a few hours ago.

I don't understand it at all. N1 is above me but still.

I knew what the answer to the first question would be by the time I got to the blank, before even looking at what the answers themselves more.

Then for the second one I had to do process of elimination

What do the sentences mean?

Holy shit, EOP deal with a whole lot of crazy shit. Just fucking learn Japanese.

how do you start reading?
I mean, I understand that I have to mine words that I dont understand, but what happens if I dont understand the particles in a sentence but I still understand the general meaning of the sentence? Do I just ignore it and continue?

>体がなんかおかしくて元に戻れなくなっちゃう!

Does the "なっちゃう" apply to both terms in the sentence in these cases? I.e. does that sentence mean "my body is feeling strange, it's not gonna go back to how it was!" or "my body is gonna become strange and not go back to how it was!"?

Google it or look it up in DoJG to see how it works and how it's used to improve your understanding of it

Should I read stuff with grammar I mostly understand (~80%) with occasional new grammar points and a lot of new words or something harder where sometimes I don't get like 40% of what's being said?

Your first interpretation is correct. 戻れなく is in the continuative form, so なる is directly attached to it. I'm pretty sure you would have to make it おかしくなって to make the second one correct.

>I'm pretty sure you would have to make it おかしくなって
So every time you have a sentences with multiple adjectives and you want them all to be -くなって you have to add -くなって onto each one, you can't just do -くて for all except the last?

How inefficient.

Any recommendations for audio options for learning/practicing? I've got an 18 hour drive coming up. Nothing in the resource bin as far as I can tell.

Just like everything else, it depends how much new stuff you are coming across.

If you are N1 level and come across something you don't know, you should look it up. If you are a beginner, you don't need to look up everything as long as you are confident in your interpretation of the general meaning.

you could try some drama cds
watamote has some, thats how I discovered drama cds

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=846417

Depends what you are trying to say. Read more.

The gayest thing in Japanese is needing context for sure. In English you can look at a sentence and you get a definite meaning out of it, but in Japanese... it's all so vague and every word has multiple meanings so unless you know the context some things you look at will always look like gibberish.

>52gb
>2 seeders
>118 leechers

>Depends what you are trying to say.
No, the rules of grammar don't change based on feels. There should be one way to interpret it in all cases where it's the same structure.

わろた

Depends how fast you wanna improve and how much motivation you have, pushing yourself to read harder and harder stuff is going to be more painful but result in you improving faster

You don't have to download the whole thing.

I do hate that about Japanese sometimes, I'm really bad with context and it really shows when I'm trying to read Jap shit

aka I have autism

I'd imagine I probably do to an extent

post hanzi grids

>I fed her dog biscuits.

Did give food to her or her dog? English can be ambiguous as fuck too.

So does harder material outweigh more reading?

I'd say so yeah, unless it's really hard, you have to find the sweet spot where it's above your level, but not so above that you literally cannot understand anything

It isn't that common though and it's relegated to mostly retarded sentences nobody would use anyway.

No. Don't listen to people who tell you to read things that are super hard for you.

What you want is something that is somewhat hard for you. If you are coming across more words a day than you can go through in anki, and are still coming across new grammar points, then you are improving quickly. If, as you say, you only understand 80% of grammar in easy stuff, then even easy stuff is plenty difficult for you

how true is this

>djt is also useless if you really want to learn japanese and aren't just memeing do,

>genki1 + kanji look and learn->genki2(continue kanji look and learn if you haven't finished)->Chukyu wo Manabou

>supplement with anki decks for kanji

Why would your reading time change? Encountering 10 hard concepts in 1 hour is obviously better than 1 hard concept in 1 hour.

Read the guide in the OP. It's true that the thread itself isn't too useful but following the guide is way better than following advice of random stupid people on the internet

>kanji look and learn
>anki decks for kanji
Retarded.
He's right about DJT only being good for memeing, though.

I wouldn't say it's that easy. It definitely isn't a moege.
The time wouldn't change but the amount of text would.

From the DoJG book:
>運動を何もしないで、食べてばかりいたから、さすがに太ってしまった。
>It is only natural that I gained weight, because I was just eating without doing any exercise.

たから is a typo for だから, right?

I recommend reading through 百人一首 for the fastest possible improvement

食べて ばかり いた から

I'm just in djt for the 揶揄

The standard: podcasts. Japanesepod101 is okay if you can stand peter.

If you want Japanese only, there is a podcast review thread over @ koohii forums: forum.koohii.com/thread-5572.html?highlight=podcast

You really should read stuff you want to read so it doesn't feel like work, find stuff that will make you want to keep reading instead of stopping after 1 hour thinking you did a good job.

Lol

>I gave her dog's biscuits
Sasuga Google Translate.

This comic makes me feel bad.

Any of you trying to translate doujinshi on Ex?

Thanks, the い merged with the り in my brain.

「………………ん」
What did she mean by this?

なりきりしよう(パンツを下してちんこをつかむ)

She meant to tell you to fuck off with shitty memes.

surely you meant to say DJt instead of you?

Where i can get really many reading materials for n5 JLPT?

Japanese ookshops, pre-school section?

>n5
Read Yotsuba

.......Yes

today I did anki for 15 minutes, played a VN for an hour, and watched 6 hours of anime

Should I even bother with N3 and go straight for N2?
According to JCAT, I'm in between N2 and N3, and nobody cares about N3 on your resume.

Is that it? I don't think so...

How long did it take you guys to be able to read kanji at a glance? I'm slowly improving at reading kana faster, but reading kanji at a glance seems like it will be insanely hard

Buy Japanese toiled paper and read user manual?
Fuck, what even can you read at N5

What's the context?

Nobody will most likely care about N2 on your resume as well.

For toiled paper need n3-n2 minimum

Nips won't, but it will look nice here in burgerland.

What do Nips care about then? N1 and nothing else?

AnimeBytes sitewide freeleech, anons. Time to stock up on compelling content.

The girl is just moaning while in bed.

What else can they care about when N1 is as far as you can go?

N1 is a base requirement. Kind of like a high school diploma for entry level jobs.

They generally care about you having useful skills and education. You'll need N1 for translation jobs, I guess.

Whether you can actually speak Japanese

I wouldn't be surprised if writing your resume in Japanese gives you as much credibility as N1 if not more

>compelling content
Dekinai はははっはははは歯は葉ww

>I wouldn't be surprised if writing your resume in Japanese gives you as much credibility as N1 if not more
You could ask someone to write it for you so not really.
Successfully going through a skype interview is what counts.

literally what does it have that you can't get on nyaa

about 2 minutes id say.

それはirrelevantと言うことです

Depends on the kanji.
Kanji I'm already familiar with I can recognize at a glance, while with kanji I just learned it takes me a couple seconds.

>You could ask someone to write it for you so not really.
Yes, but I mean giving enough credibility for them to give you that interview based on those other skills. Obviously they aren't going to hire you without talking to you once.

>kanji are a uniform group they totally aren't different
lmao at this motherfucker.

>talking with natives
>they don't correct my JSL
意味はないじゃん

You can't expect people to correct you. The benefits of talking to people are
-Sometimes they will give you the answer indirectly, due to continuing to speak about the same topic. Or, if you are looking for a word, they may offer suggestions.

-Just the act of trying to think of a way to say something makes it easier to remember the proper way to say it when you see the proper way in your chinese cartoons

You can recognize 出来ない at a glance, right? Now just read native content as much as you read djt memes.

What VN should I download? Can someone post some charts? I'm on N1 level so I wanna read some native stuff. Already reading LN but never downloaded a VN before

How hard is it to find a kawaii kanojo in Japan if you're a kitanai hakujin?

Just read Oretsuba

Island

Starless

First off, that translator is a pissy bitch. Fuck him.

And second, wow /jp/ is pretentious as fuck.

>EOP EOP EOP

Why do people even use that board?