Hinduism General

Indian Paganism: The Last Living Expression of Aryan Beauty" - Savitri Devi, A Warning to the Hindus

cincinnatitemple.com/articles/HinduIndianNationalism1939.pdf

>What is Hinduism?

Hinduism is the oldest organized religion in the world. It is the Sanatana Dharma, the Eternal Law. It has no known origin and no founders - it is a synthesis of various Indian cultures and practices from as early as 4000 BCE.

Hinduism differs from Christianity and other Abrahamic religions in that it does not have:

>A single founder,

>A specific theological system,

>A single concept of deity,

>A single holy text,

>A single system of morality,

>A central religious authority,

>The concept of a prophet.

Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.

The development of Hinduism was influenced by many invasions over thousands of years. The major influences occurred when light-skinned, nomadic "Aryan" Indo-European tribes invaded Northern India (circa 1500 BCE) from the steppes of Russia and Central Asia. They brought with them their religion of Vedism. These beliefs mingled with the more advanced, indigenous Indian native beliefs, often called the "Indus valley culture."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga
archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n1/mode/1up
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html
archive.org/details/TheBhagavadGitaByCRajagopalachari
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp
sacred-texts.com/hin/
gita-society.com/section3/mahabharata.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiHrferzdbSAhXIQ48KHXpjBfIQFggnMAA&usg=AFQjCNEVJFySM166gELxlwp_gULUgD7yjw&sig2=KRg3OHxt3-7NTN7O0TaIkYw
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjp0Mn3qY3XAhXFro8KHQnCD2kQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw1zuAv0J33Hm2aHRezWSkQO
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma_yoga
metahistory.org/Telestics/RiggedGame.php
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tandava
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Political significance of Hinduism

All the decadence of the world today has been predicted by Hinduism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

Prophesied events during a Kali Yuga

>Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
>Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
>People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.
>At the end of Kali-yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen of the three higher varnas [temperament] and when nothing is known of the techniques of sacrifice, even by word, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser.

Kali Yuga with regard to human relationships

>Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of dharma will occur.
>People will have thoughts of murder with no justification and will see nothing wrong in that.
>Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.
>Sin will increase exponentially, while virtue will fade and cease to flourish.
>People will take vows and break them soon after.
>People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.
>Teachers will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted, and followers of Kama(lust) will wrest control of the mind from all human beings.

Resources
>introduction to Hinduism for westerners
archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n1/mode/1up

>Bhagavad Gita
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html

archive.org/details/TheBhagavadGitaByCRajagopalachari
>Upanishads
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp

>Vedas
sacred-texts.com/hin/

>MAHABHARATA by C Rajagopalachari
gita-society.com/section3/mahabharata.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiHrferzdbSAhXIQ48KHXpjBfIQFggnMAA&usg=AFQjCNEVJFySM166gELxlwp_gULUgD7yjw&sig2=KRg3OHxt3-7NTN7O0TaIkYw

>Ramayan Anime
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY

Have you learned how to shit inside yet?

XDDDDDDDD

Read the first chapter of the Mahabharata the other week. Will continue in the future

brah...
man...
this really made me think

Proofs plz

I see insufficient evidence.

>has no concept of prophets
>here are some prophecies

Proof of what?

>Deduce a natural cycle in the universe
>prophecies

Hinduism was debating philosophy while your ancestors were out trying to find out where to find potatoes.

>mahabharat

google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjp0Mn3qY3XAhXFro8KHQnCD2kQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw1zuAv0J33Hm2aHRezWSkQO

Bhagavad Gita is a must for anybody struggling with insidious effects of the blackpill.

For u

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma_yoga

Karma is a rigged game

Sorry pajeet.

Hinduism BTFO'd

metahistory.org/Telestics/RiggedGame.php

what do you think of bakhti yoga?

Your right it is the Kali Yuga

come at me kali i fucking dare you pussy ass bitch

bump

POO

>Ctrl for + dharma
>no results
Wew

Different kali from the kali yug

Well recently I've started looking at it as legitimate path but i dont prescribe to it personally

>Savitri Devi
Well, if a LARPing racemixing lunatic said so then it must be so.

>implying

why do curries girls bang white guys all the time?

also I started reading the gita, is this a good place to start?

What translation are you reading and it's a good place to start if you understand what was going on in the mahabharat as the Geeta is a part of it

>Bengali
>white

doesnt mention the translation but its from The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust

I know little about hinduism but my gf is punjabi and bought me this book

>Hwhite

i really find it interesting in terms of the 3 different aspects of the godhead- baghavan, paratman, and brahma. learning about it has been pretty intuitive/convincing as a westerner.

>street
>toilet

Do you have a point?

Come to the USA and assimilate as a Christian and change your name to John Smith

MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN

It's written into the code of every spoken language. From nothing, I. From I, you. From you, us. The nothing is the godhead from which everything flows. Hinduism itself is mind candy for the bluepilled and teaches nothing.

lmao youre literally describing the opposite of bakhti yoga. read a book faggot.

brahman (nothingness) is the lowest tier, the top is baghavan, personalized either through vishnu, krishna, or shiva, and totally qualified.

like literally look at the wikipedia article

>White
>Interest in hinduism
>Cannot into basic dialectics.
Checks out.

Hindu theology, at present, depicts four descending levels of deity and divinity:
1. The Brahman, the Absolute, the Infinite One, the IT IS.
2. The Trimurti, the supreme trinity of Hinduism. In this association Brahma, the first member, is conceived as being self-created out of the Brahman—infinity. Were it not for close identification with the pantheistic Infinite One, Brahma could constitute the foundation for a concept of the Universal Father. Brahma is also identified with fate.
5.The worship of the second and third members, Siva and Vishnu, arose in the first millennium after Christ. Siva is lord of life and death, god of fertility, and master of destruction. Vishnu is extremely popular due to the belief that he periodically incarnates in human form. In this way, Vishnu becomes real and living in the imaginations of the Indians. Siva and Vishnu are each regarded by some as supreme over all.
3. Vedic and post-Vedic deities. Many of the ancient gods of the Aryans, such as Agni, Indra, Soma, have persisted as secondary to the three members of the Trimurti. Numerous additional gods have arisen since the early days of Vedic India, and these have also been incorporated into the Hindu pantheon.
4. The demigods: supermen, semigods, heroes, demons, ghosts, evil spirits, sprites, monsters, goblins, and saints of the later-day cults.

>From nothing, I. From I, you. From you, us. The nothing is the godhead from which everything flows.

your basic premise is wrong regarding the specific hindu path i'm talking about

thanks for addressing none of my points, try again next time retard

Karmically Underrated.

Wtf are you trying to say mate?

Brahma is not formally worshiped; you should merge 2 and 5.

Why were we born during the kali yuga?

the nothingness he's describing, the highest form of liberation, is known as brahman, which is actually not as high as it goes in the bakhti path

there's a whole lot more going on and it resembles western religion a bit more than, say, patanjali yoga. other guy says im a bluepill because im interested in stuff idk lol

>You are wrong
>My specific path
Still can't into dialectics on the most infantile level, can you, brainlet?

I have involuntarily been surrounded by hindus

they have no morals, no maturity, no manners

they are arrogant, lazy, dirty and very jealous people

this isnt a religion, its a criminal organization

when you dont know right from wrong, you dont have a soul

>My specific path
lol it's a pretty big sect of hinduism, which is itself a blanket term encompassing a really broad set of beliefs. sorry you're uninformed.

im not religiously affiliated

because your parents loved each other, and they couldn't have you outside of it.

Hindu paganism has a lot in common with European paganism. Each should practice their native religion. I see hindus as brothers. Based hindus kick Abrahamic ass

Yes
He is talking about bhakti yoga taught in the iskon sense

to learn. the kali yuga is simply a point in an infinite cycle. you have been here before and will be here again. this implies that you will also see another golden age again.

Life and death are temporary

You're both wrong.

First of all, all paths of yoga lead to the same end, which is moksha (nirvana in buddhism nomenclature). Bhakti yoga is yoga through love/devotion; and through yoga (meditative actions) you achieve union with the supreme (moksha) by doing His work and by loving Him. It's the closest philosophical path to traditional Christianity, which is why Westerners adopt it more readily (also because Hare Krishna is mainly for Westerners and they practice Bhakti).

There are at least two other kinds of yoga.
>Jyana Yoga

Jyana yoga is enlightenment through knowledge.

>Karma Yoga

Karma yoga is enlightenment through action/karma. 99% of people actually practice karma yoga. As you dissolve your karma, you grow closer to the Supreme and eventually achieve moksha (this may take many re-births). If you fuck up too much and actually gain karma over your life, you'll be re-born lower than you were in this life.

Why not? You'd think that the creator deity would be venerated as much as or more than the other two.

Because he technically married his daughter and was cursed by Shiva, he has one temple is all of India and is worshipped once a year

t. follower of Mohammed (PBUH)

How do you feel about ISKCON? I think the music is good but occasionally I have misgivings about their perversion of Hinduism. Though everything I learned was from my dad and self-introspection, along with the Mahabharat and Ramayan.

well the end of the non-bakhti schools is brahman, which is seen (by bakhtis) as inferior liberation to the realms of goloka etc that bakhti practitioners seek

everything i was saying was from the bakhti POV but it def resembles western religion more.

So do souls have no control when they are pushed into existence or do they volunteer to inhabit the material universe in each yuga?

He's only the "creator" deity in as much as Vishnu is the preserver and Shiva the destroyer. All 3 require the other two and exist in a balance with each other and to balance the flow and cycles of the universe itself.

hinduism is one of the only religions i respect

You don't volunteer the ultimate aim of existence is to escape the cycle of life and death, follow your dharma and you will escape this cycle

All I can say is that their translations aren't particularly accurate and their current leader a jew

They are the same; the distinction being drawn is liking asking an autist and the chad to draw heaven and then saying because the autist drew a library and a computer and the chad drew an infinite number of stacy that different people have different heavens. Rather, they are both attempting to draw happiness (it's not really happiness but rather infinite emotion and knowledge) itself, and that is actually the nature of nirvana.

legit curious, what's your source on that? still learning.

the stuff i've read (from a bakhti POV) seems to say the opposite.

Intuition.

i just want to make swastikas and then play it off as a cultural thing

>yfw hitler was onto something
>yfw kali kills the jew

gay

Do it, then. You can be Hindu if you want. Julia Roberts did.

can someone tell me what this pic is?

Kek. How do you feel about Hanuman? He's a monkey. We worship monkeys.

It's baby krishna screwing around. The woman is Yasoda, his adoptive mom.

>not worshiping monkeys

The ISKCON faggot wants to tell us how to be Hindu; I was just enlightening him.

thanks

what about this one? idk why i saved these 2 a never knew wtf they were

The ascension process requires spiritual enlightenment.
You must overcome some of your spiritual deficiencies to proceed on your universe career.
Do not think of it as a forced action, while we think of having a soul, from the spiritual perspective, the soul has taken a body.

As stated, breakin free from the mortal career is our final goal.

Shiva performing the tandav

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tandava

Shiva in the Nataraja form dancing on the demon dwarf representing ignorance. Shiva is my favorite god.

How do I know if I'm not following dharma?

The same way you know when you're being true to yourself.

If the soul is already free why does it take a body to begin with?

How do I know when I'm not being true to myself?

To fulfill its dharma

Its a gut feeling. You were already destined to do it, anyway, so you don't really have to sweat the details.

How closely related are Hinduism and Jainism?

Are you on the same path your ancestors were, do you believe you were born with an aim?

Pretty closely; Jains are strict vegetarians but share a lot of philosophical elements with Hinduism, as does Buddhism. They're collectively known as "dharmic religions".

Jainism is like hardcore mode in fallout

If the soul was free why would it need to fulfill dharma again?
If everyones destiny is predetermined why would anyone need to follow dharma?

I would like to think life has a point to it.

do you like my screencap?

Dharma is never ending. It's the will/path/flow of the universe. It's justice.

>why would souls have to fulfill dharma
Because they are called to duty if that's how you want to think about it. You could also view it as punishment for karma.

>predetermined destiny
Your karma IS your destiny. Dharma is sticking to it without being a little bitch.

Don't insult the being that was on the banner of the chariot Arjuna and Krishna rode on if you are into bhakthi as you claim.

If dharma is never ending how is there an end goal to leave the cycle of life and death?
If karma is destiny how do I know if I'm not following dharma?

It's not an insult to say Hanuman was a monkey; it's only insulting if you're unwilling to see the dharma in all being. Like Christians and their illegitimate offspring ISKCON.

He was a vanara not a monkey. So you have some fundamental issues in understanding the context of it. I suggest you read about it again.

why are indian women, both western and in india so feminist?

>end goal
There is no end, bro. It just starts all over again, like a video game.

>how do I know if I'm not following dharma
Its a gut feeling. You were already destined to do it, anyway, so you don't really have to sweat the details.

>karma is destiny
Only if you're a slave to your karma. Break the cycle, Morty. *burp*

>getting butthurt about Hanuman
Sounds to me like you're the one with the problem about monkeys. Sri Hanuman would be happy to know the legend and teachings of Rama were being spread regardless of whether he was called a monkey or vanara. You're the one disrespecting his spirit by saying "those words/depictions are wrong and you're excluded out of my official club".

>be astronomer
>use telescope
>see this
>mfw