Here's why i think re: zero falls apart in my different ways

Here's why i think re: zero falls apart in my different ways.

Keep in mind I've only seen up to episode 16, but I've plenty of reasons to not care to continue. There's a point where it's not worth seeing it to the end after 6 hours of story.

My issue with re: zero is it's lack of focus onto any particular theme, plot point, or character development that holds up in a meaningful way throughout the series. There are no motifs, or any sign that what i see will be relevant onto the story later without having to slog through meaningless bullshit. Anything i get seems to be thrown away for no good reason later on.

For example.

We have 3 episodes that gives us a tight, focused story on subaru meeting a couple of characters over returning an item. In this time we get some good characterization from felt(poor ambitious child), some characterization from the old man(lazily old dude that cares for felt like a grandchild but with rough exterior), some characterization for emelia(nice girl* it's not a particularly strong character statement), and some characterization from subaru(a neet that tries to find a stereotypical role to fill in an "anime" world).

At this point, i like it. It's a good hook into the series with a solid cast and premise. Bonus points becuase it seems to come off as self-aware through subaru and pokes fun at cliches.

I'll start and point out the questionable decision in pacing to throw two of these characters to the backburner and have a complete shift to slice of life murder mystery mansion setting(i'm not even including the assasin and knight). This went from an adventure chase that took place across different areas of a city to a static mansion. I don't care if the previous characters come back 10 episodes later. It's jarring and breaks flow to introduce a whole house of a new cast.

I'll also point out that if you're going to do that, don't make the cast a complete cliche(moe twins, a loli, confident homo erotic male).

Anyways.

We get to the mansion and have to be reintroduced to new characters. This is an inherent "retcon" of a cast foundation. 4 episodes into your anime. It isn't just adding characters. It's a re-learning of who we're suppose to care about. Emelia certainly isn't strong enough of a character to afford to be absent. I'd even say it's detrimental that she occasionaly shows up just to interact with subaru and enforce him.

At this point you guys are probably saying something along the lines of "she isn't suppose to be the center of attention, she has her own life away from subaru. She's independent". I disagree. That pretty much solidifies that the anime is only about subaru and his unbearable character "development", which i don't think is good enough to hold the anime by itself . What am i getting out of subaru selfishly crying for 16 episodes exactly?

This is enforced with the opposite "overdeveloping" of rem. I say overdeveloping becuase the anime focuses so much on her just to do so little. She is given a back story, she has a dynamic arc with subaru, and she has motives(keep in mind she developed into a character that hinges on the existence of subaru). What happens? She's shafted to highlight subaru's character trait.
I.e shes torturted by cult leader just to make subaru suffer, she becomes a character who's purpose is to serve subaru, is supportive of subaru when he needs it, ect.

The main love interest is underdeveloped and the developed "love interest" is treated like a plot device.

Look, i get it. We've had our string of gary stu's for the past couple of anime seasons. That doesn't mean that a character that comes along to be bad at everything is a good character. There's more to good character writing other than "look how cringey he is!". He's unreflective and events around him only happen to reinforce his lack of learning. It's just a small part on to the bigger shit show that is the anime.

And that there lies on my biggest issue with the anime.

Subaru, who is suppose to be the one carrying the anime, who demands a cast around him to be neglected in the eyes of the viewer, is too weak of a character for this show to be considered "good". There is no learning for subaru to justify so many episodes. You can't have subaru suicide to save the twins in one episode, have him be scared to die in every episode after, say that he actually didn't learn anything the whole time and expect that to be acceptable. I don't give a shit that he "derives his worth from the views around him" because everything falls apart around him for little return, if any. There's no solid theme, plot point, or characterization that stands out as exceptional.

I say weak plot point because the "grand focus" seems to change every couple of episodes. The only consistent plot point is his death cycle, which is underused imo.

What are some examples of how the death cycle can be used interestingly?

>killing yourself thousands of times to learn a bunch of interesting talents
>having a death "limit"; something like you can only die x amount of times, or if certain things conditions happen the respawn is moved.

How cool would it be to have an episode where subaru carelessly goes throughout the day fucking up his relationships just to find out that if he dies after x time the spawn point changes. Leaving his fuck up permanent, and he fails to kill himself by that time?

The death cycle in re:zero is cryptic. That's not necessarily bad, but i have no reason to think much of it because subaru questions it far less than he should.

At most the death cycle is just an excuse for the writers to torture subaru without consequence aside from his "break down". A break down that happens becuase he cares so much about the people around him, yet his character is suppose to be about not actually caring about people around him? Also not addressing the viewer's elephant in the room that is "this nigga can just respawn whenever something goes bad, right?".

>but he doesn't like dying because of pain!

Then why does he put himself in positions that cause pain? Like getting beat up by the knight or fighting evil characters? His main dissatisfaction from dying is the pain, yet he puts himself in a position to have pain for people who he doesn't actually care about aside from their views of him? Views he can reset from dying?

Anyways, that's getting besides the point. let's also list all the different plot points this anime attempts to tackle.

>death respond
>criminal chase
>mansion slice of life butler learning
>learning about your special power
>murder mystery
>forest demon dogs
>demon twin background
>empress crowning
>faction wars
>religious fanatics
>white whale
>spirit animal apocalypse

It's so awful to try to care about something just so the anime can jump to the next thing. There's no reason to keep watching because there's nothing to care about that gets a proper treatment. It makes the journey to stick with subaru unbearable because everything around him is so shallow. Filled with waifu bait, underdeveloped love interests, and characters that seemingly come in and out because of convenience. There's no incentive to keep going. Subaru hasn't learned anything at episode 16 so i struggle to give a shit. If he come around later it would already have been too late.
I don't hate subaru. I just don't have a reason to care.

Stop trying to fit in using words you don't know the meaning of.

tl;dr Re:Zero is shit.

OP, you obviously made a real effort, and I would address your posts if it wasn't the first Saturday of college football.

epic

tl;dr- the thread

looks good, man. upload your review to mal

>Sup Forums can't handle more than memes and one liners

He's talking about the show not his life you retard.

I've heard that the point of the series is to reveal just how powerless Subaru is, because he's not the "main" character. He's just some background character that we happen to view the world through.

Hi OP.

Sorry I can read a few paragraphs.

Very meaningful contribution to the discussion on your part.
You're so much better than everyone else in this thread.

That's not me though.

That doesn't work if the world around him is uninteresting.

OP, I think most people with half a brain agree with you. Re Zero is obviously pretty garbage in terms of story and characters, but it's fun to watch and has funny plot twists, and the memes on Sup Forums make it better. The sad thing is that most people here will just say "LOLLOL YOU HATE SUBARU BECAUSE HE HITS TOO CLOSE TO HOME AM I FRUED NOW LMAO."

It's a dumb show that's the equivalent of a popcorn flick like Transformers or something in Japan. Don't take it too seriously. I watch it still because I enjoy laughing at all the stupid shit. Keep in mind that this is a show where four stupid teenage girls are running for queen, and the show expects you to take all of them seriously.

Just ignore the shitposters and turn the other cheek, OP.

I was just trying to help you man. I was only watching the show because my friends were so into it.

tl;dr - pic related is all there is

I just think it doesn't deserve the praise it gets and it's honestly pretty overrated

Like really overrated

I'm perfectly ok with that. Too many people just think otherwise so i vented it out.

Forsure, didn't mean to come off snappy.

You know what, guy. Life is overrated.

Yeah the show is pretty bad when it comes to consistent themes, pacing, character development, character relationships etc. And almost all emotional moments are derived from shock 'BET YOU DIDN'T SEE IT COMING' schlock.

But really what are you looking for here, this IS that anime where you don't think too hard. Because when pic related is given as straight faced political discourse, you know the author didn't give a shit about that aspect and neither should you.

This is the first decent Re:Zero thread in months. Keep up the good work OP.

Also a tl:dr would be appreciated.

Sad thing is that he is (at least a majority (good work OP))

>give elaborate explanation as to why they don't like your favorite anime
>t-tl;d-dr
>m-muh autism

OP, please.

You're mostly right, OP. I'm too lazy to argue specific points, so I'll just say if you're already up to ep 16 you should watch up to 18 or maybe 19 before deciding to drop it. 18 was what made the series worth watching for me, it's high on the blatant-waifubait-scale which I found a little insidious but the execution as a whole was great. It's probably the major turning point of the anime so if you don't like it you can safely drop it.

That actually hilarious to have it singled out like that.

Tl:dr

>anime jumps around too many things
>viewer has nothing to latch on to throughout story
>world around subaru is shallow and subaru isn't strong enough to carry the anime

That's not me

I think it is easier to list example of anime that *don't* fall apart in this manner. I don't know why the medium is so fucking bad for this but it sucks. I have been blue balled so many times by a great concept and really strong opening episodes, sowing seeds that you assume will come to fruition in the closing chapters. But then there will invariably be half a dozen episodes squandered on random shit before segueing into a rushed and abrupt ending.

And when it comes to adaptions it's even worse because even if the source material did it right (which it probably didn't) the adaption will always be incomplete or just fuck it up entirely. This is why I mostly watch slice of life these days, Japan just can't do good storytelling.

tl:dr anime is shit. Read novels if you want properly constructed stories.

You're right man. You're right.
I can now finish reading JOJO.

I agree with everything you said OP, but I recommend you keep watching just so:
1. You're fair and objective, some of the things you said are fixable (not all).
2. There are others problems in the next few eps already that I want to hear you criticize, and probably even more in eps yet to come.

All in all I appreciate your effort.

I wont read that

It's a shame. I don't know how the economy of adaptions work but it honestly feels like manga writers strike gold by being interesting for a couple of chapters. They get an anime deal, and show their lack of story structure by falling apart in the middle of the series. I still get fired up over SAO.

Maybe after the last episode airs ill post again, i prefer to get working all at once than week by week. Thanks for the appreciation.

You may think it's not a show one should be thinking hard about while watching, but I've seen people defend it by saying we aren't thinking hard enough while watching it.

It's really just a problem of bad writers not knowing what to do so they pad things out with filler until they give up. You can find a lot of those writing bestselling novels, too.

>>It's a dumb show that's the equivalent of a popcorn flick like Transformers or something in Japan.
I wish people wouldn't falseflag about it being the greatest thing EVAR then

Yeah, this pretty much, I think most of us are just watching it to participate in the threads and get the memes.

Agree with everything you said, including the lack of proper lore, over characterization, the absurdity of the romance subplot and all, but two things that I've seen in this show kept me hooked for more in the hopes that I'd see them again.

You mentioned how we're overwhelmed by the amount of plot points thrown our way and how the narrative doesn't hold together when scrutinized with their priority in mind. But there have been instances where I felt the worked to the show's favor. Like when Subaru dies one time with Rem in his arms in front of the mansion with the monstrous wolf-like being looking upon him as his head silently falls to the ground. Such scenes help illustrate what said. It just felt so powerful and plays right into the show's themes of helplessness. It might all be a huge mess, but it's still enjoyable from some perspective.

Also, Subaru's hero complex seems very interesting to me, as I haven't seen enough shows where protagonists sperg out so much or whatever. I would ask you not to judge the show by the nature of the characters, but their quality. That said, almost all of the main ones are inconsistently done. I too did not like the few episodes where everyone turns on Subaru needlessly, but maybe it's just trying to tell us something, however clumsy it may be.

All in all, great post, keep it up, and stay away from the generals.

It's funny how the mind works, your post starts and ends almost identically as mine and has a similar middle.

Not saying you didn't contribute, indeed you contributed more than me, but clearly I had some effect on you and I find that interesting without ulterior motives.

Hey, it almost looks like I just elaborated on what you said, and even stole your concluding words. Gotta stay more focused.

Holy shit, this is MAL-tier review bullshit. I can't even bother reading with this being that long. Keep it short, simple, be specific as you can but simplify it and DON'T MAKE ANOTHER DAMN THREAD AND SAY IT TO THE OTHERS FACES.

Morphogenetic fields.

From what a quick search on Google got me, I'm not too sure that's what this is, as your specific comment definitely unconsciously triggered me to write mine up, and it isn't as if there are a lot of us apologists considering that this is one of those polarizing shows. But yeah, I feel you.

He's neither powerless nor a background character. He clearly has the Witch's favor and can influence others with some luck and foreknowledge that comes with every death. The series has shown him to be powerless that many points but I'm not convinced that the point is to show how useless he is.

That's not me, I also googled it and concur it's not what happened between us. It seems to be a cellular phenomenon not a cognitive one.

>four stupid teenage girls are running for queen

Speaking of that, what's the requirement for winner to get the throne again? Kill each other?

Coincidentally, I'm just watching Episode 16 no, making me perfectly situated to address this.

It's based on books, so it makes sense that it leaves things a bit long on an anime time scale. If you can't handle the shifts in backdrop and not seeing characters for a few episodes, then you're probably not the target audience.

>At this point you guys are probably saying something along the lines of "she isn't suppose to be the center of attention, she has her own life away from subaru. She's independent".
Rather than that, she isn't supposed to be the center of attention because she's the Dulcinea, not the Juliet. You should have realized this when they were in the mansion, but if you didn't realize it when it was explicitly pointed out at the beginning of episode 16, the problem is probably just that you're stupid.

>What happens? She's shafted to highlight subaru's character trait.
Yes. Personally I think she makes a good deuteragonist in this regard. She highlights it very well, while also painting a clear picture of a somewhat abusive relationship.

(cont)

>Look, i get it. We've had our string of gary stu's for the past couple of anime seasons. That doesn't mean that a character that comes along to be bad at everything is a good character. There's more to good character writing other than "look how cringey he is!". He's unreflective and events around him only happen to reinforce his lack of learning.
In the same way that being super powerful and baddass doesn't make a character a good character, being a shitty person doesn't make a character a bad character.

>There is no learning for subaru to justify so many episodes.
I don't think learning is exactly the point.

>There's no solid theme, plot point, or characterization that stands out as exceptional.
I think that it's too early to fully see where it's going, it's clearly a slow burn series, but the focus on motivations is pretty clear. That said, I also don't think a show needs those things. It's well-done throughout, and so it's absolutely fine to just watch it in the moment without trying to build an overarching framework in your mind.

Your idea of using death interestingly sounds like boring schlock, honestly, the kind of wish fulfillment fantasy that this very much isn't.

tl;dr: You've done a good job at being right while being wrong. Sure, your arguments are more or less true, but you've missed the point consistently and your complaints are more or less irrelevant.

>I too did not like the few episodes where everyone turns on Subaru needlessly
>needlessly
>implying he wasn't being a total ass

This isn't MAL tho. Therefore I'm not taking the "review" seriously. Kill yourself OP. Never come back.

For once a legit criticism, well done OP.

This is MAL tier. It is just an anime.

It's pretty hard to state why exactly I like this show.

There are so many great and interesting characters in it, for one. I really, really do want to find out what happens in the future with Crush, what's the deal with Al, what the deal is with the dragon, etc.

This is how you build lore properly, by the way. You don't shove the MC into a story and have him tackle every single storyline. You have each storyline peek a little bit from the background. It makes the world of the show feel grand and, more importantly, that the MC isn't some superhuman that will solve all the world's problems.

Thirdly, groundhog day shenanigans. I fucking love that shit and always will.

Fourth, as someone said in this thread earlier, the theme of helplessness. Subaru is a very average everyday guy who's piss weak and just trying to do the best he can. He's not Batman in a world of supers, he's just a normal person doing the best he can and realising he's basically utterly useless in the grand scheme of things. I personally love this theme and in fact I'm writing my own story on the same theme. The world is a difficult place and often you can't control what happens. Re:Zero is one of the few shows to tell this well.

Lastly, there's no overall plot. I think this connects to the above reason that makes this show great. I mean, sure, the end goal is "defeat Satella" or "win Emilia" or whatever, but in between all that, it's literally just "MC is stuck between a bunch of random shit that occurs" which I also love in a story. It reinforces the idea of a chaotic world.

I really can't bother with contrarian opinion threads. I had to go through so much bullshit in correcting people and misconception based on perspective and translation that this is a bunch of bullshit. Put your damn review in the damn thread, we don't care but having to hear something behind the people's backs especially using another thread to do so, and say, "This show is shit because of this!" While you continue to show your "feelings" into the review while copy-pasting the damn thing into multiple posts to do so. Say it to the people despite how bad the threads are, and do it. This did not work in the long run and only three anons in an entire thread was willing to put up in responding to the same amount of bullshit as yours while a bunch of contrarians, false-flaggers, stigmatizing assholes, delusional idiots on both sides of fans and a bunch of pseudo-intellectual bullshit with no standing of being able to do so. In other words, do these instructions:
> Don't make another thread.
> Say it in the fucking Re:Zero threads and to their faces. Do so, and you don't look like a weasel.
> Don't go through so much bullshit with your feelings on the matter. You mixed to much emotional response to where it became jarring.
> Don't say, "It's a TRAINWRECK" while not being specific and supporting your opinion. This is lazy.
> Keep the review simple, shortened, and less feelings on the matter while you spout half-assed ideas and views on characters, themes and archetypes.
The threads maybe shit with Ferrisfags, waifufags and and spoiler bullshit but it is alot fucking better than your bullshit of a thread while you decide to share your damn opinion instead of saying to their own faces. It shows cowardice, circlejerking contrarians who can only be contrarians in a group instead of doing so directly. Or are you not man enough to say it to their faces? Then I might respect you people in these threads a little more.

Agree.
I watch Zero when it has about 5 episodes, the anime really falls apart now that I have already dropped before episode 16.
I like to watch it as a random adventure than just some castle harem.

Honestly, agreed with a good majority of this. I do think Subaru is a fairly interesting character, but only in the small moments when the series is self aware about him being an entitled, useless piece of shit. The story in general just feels like a barely relevant vehicle for him and his waifus to emotionally manipulate the audience with death and romance. The total lack of world building, jarring inconsistencies in tone, lack of a strong central message, and all those unrelated plot points being shoehorned in with no build up or foreshadowing combine to make it feel very loosely written with no real 'anchor' for the story. I should've dropped it long ago.

OP, you made a decent post, but nothing you said was extraordinary enough to make any of the general-posters or meme-posters even consider their own views. Not that the migrated leddit posters have the capacity to read half your post, but whatever.

Personally, my biggest problem is simply that Subaru and Rem are shitty characters. Objectively bad. The world is cool, the action is decent, the porn is actually astounding, even the plot is alright (Although I love a nice conspiracy), but the two main characters are just written atrociously.

I'm assuming anyone who thinks this is AOTY or even AOTS is a MAL or whatever equivalent who's only seen SAO and SnK. It's not a bad show, but it's by no means a great show.

too many people have different opinion than me

boo hoo fucking hoo, i wish you didnt have to put it this way user, fuck you

Re:Zero is the Shuffle anime to SAO's following the first girl wins formula.

It did "something different" but it misfires anyway making it barely better than the myriads of throwaways.

>Or are you not man enough to say it to their faces?

At first your post was funny because of all the self-praising and how non-coherent it was, but then it devolved into an autistic meltdown. How do you function in the real world when you can't handle any criticism of what seems to be your first anime? We're on an anonymous imageboard for japanese cartoons, nobody cares about how angry you are that someone didn't adhere to your guidelines for critiquing babbys first edgy anime.

>>>/leddit/

To each their own I guess, but I believe he had his reasons for acting so desperate.
And to be clear, I'm taking about when Crusch and the blonde denied him aid and mocked him instead.

Please just go to the damn thread while shortening your review and simplifying it. You people are just fucking weasels that don't have the balls to say your crap in the threads themselves and have to make another thread to have a contrarian opinion that is equivalent to MAL-tier bullshit. Long story short: Fuck you, say it to their damn faces while keeping your words less jarring having to read with your feelings on the matter. Maybe then I can bother to face your own bullshit. That goes with alot of you in these threads. I haven't bothered to read the whole thing yet I've seen almost the same amount of opinion aside from the people calling this MAL-tier crap. And this is and you're doing it now without even realizing it. The bar becomes even lower of you people.

He had reasons, but he was still being an ass about it, and from the perspective of those two, who didn't know his reasons, it was even moreso.

This is what generalfags really believe.

Epic

>my attention span is too short

> Edgy
Language evolves through linguistic morphing not through people misunderstanding words and using them incorrectly. Buzzwords have no meaning no matter how the culture you decided to make into but this is an illusion and only a meme. Stop using the urban dictionary.

>getting this butthurt that he didn't post in your general
This seems like a sign of circlejerking.

>shortening your review and simplifying it
>being literally unable to handle two bare;y three-line paragraphs on your anime
Holy fucking SHIT. Have you ever read a fucking book or studied anything, anything at all? You have a smaller attention span than a goldfish.

I hate generals and the waifufags but at least they are direct. Unlike you.
> My attention span is too short.
When I hear a review or point, I'd like them to get to the damn point. Not having to read a wall of text while not being able to be direct with the approach.

A good argument is only good in the proper context.

You're retarded. If OP actually wanted to critique and try to convince people the show sucks, he'd do it in the threads. He's just looking to get his cock stroked. This whole thread is just a circle-jerking shitfest.

If he honestly wanted to criticize the fucking show, he should do it in the show's thread. He just wants fags like you to continue to suck his cock like you're doing right now.

Hilarious that you're bringing up reddit when you're part of the hugboxing shit that you'd see on reddit. Retarded Chaika poster as well, big surprise.

It would brighten their day. Maybe then the threads will improve. Mix a little of that into the threads and you don't get a circlejerk of strange crap that goes on with Ferrisfags and waifufags
Oh I read, but reviews are one thing that can contain alot of pointless things unnecessary. And especially with where you are, I'd like for it to be open and not jarring to read with pointless opinion mixed in. Keep it straight to the point like every essay and paper especially.

Is this the typical intelligence level of a re:zerofag? You're basically saying
>say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens!!
even though it's just as 'direct' to create a thread the entire board can see. Why the fuck would anyone be obligated to direct any comment on a series solely to the fanbase itself?

Not to mention that there's nothing wrong with the length of his post for anyone with the patience to actually think about what is being said. He brought up plenty of good points, it could be more eloquent but it wasn't hard to read or rambling or anything.

Thus artificial and tampered definitions of words do not work.

You're a fucking moron, a new thread means anyone, fans and non fans, can see and respond to it. There's fucking nothing stopping you circlejerking idiots disagreeing with him. You're literally trying to stop anyone who dislikes the series from seeing his points and supporting them, because you don't want a series you like being shit on.

So, I read this thread, and the general response seems to be
"If you don't like this terrible seasonal anime then you're a contrarian from MAL."

Sasuga /r9k/-reddit-whoever.

Thus the post you wrote meant nothing in regards to the post you were responding to.

Autistic and contrarian, tldr saged

The fact that there are too many agreeing like you and not willing to share the damn opinion into the Re:Zero thread is a waste. Even I have standards of every review people make of multiple series. I want OP to say it in the threads. You might get more criticism but surely it will improve with the overall idea and the gap between contrarians and the fans can improve. I want the threads to improve as well as claims into show to improve. None of which will happen if you don't bemore open, which you're not. The biggest concentration you would have to face are the fans themselves. But you don't do that. Also, like every essay or review, they should be simple, to the point and not get side-tracked with too much opinion on the matter. This is a circle-jerk of opinions. If you bother to put the opinion somewhere else where it would get more criticism instead of your own place, then it might not be like the majority of the threads right now.

I keep telling you ESL faggots to type in proper English.

And what about the threads that are contained by the rest of the fags? You should have long-since noticed of the bullshit in Re:Zero threads. The same pattern went on in contrarian threads like these and you know what happened? There was a chain of replies all down that only a few Re:Zero fags that manage to discuss what goes on in the show compared to 90% of the contrarian opinion of the thread. In other words, majority of the Re:Zero fags are circlejerking their own same bullshit while you guys haven't realized you have been circlejerking your own contrarian opinion in the damn threads.

But this thread isn't a circlejerk. The only reason I replied in agreement and appreciation of OP's effort is because there were many others posting they disagree with/didn't read the OP. If nobody was disagreeing I wouldn't be (vocally) agreeing.

Also you're just retarded, there's frequently more than one rezero thread and nobody is prevented from reading any of them at any time. OP probably made his own thread for convenience as it actually makes it easier to read a smaller thread, not harder.

And why should I do that while I have no time to be able to proofread at the moment? I'm busy replying fast to you people.
Wrong,
"I agree and so on with you OP."
"The show is shit Tl:dr"
"MAL-tier review"
"Just simplify the damn review and put it into the generals no matter how bad it is. It beats circlejerking contrarians and circlejerking whatever goes on in Re:Zero threads (waifufags, ferrisfags). Maybe then threads can improve. And you realize there is less contrarian circlejerking that don't realize they are circlejerking. "

You do realize Sup Forums thread ain't really the place for that, too much shitposting from both sides.

That's because I bothered to be here. I'd much prefer more discussion with being more open with the fans within the thread. But they are too much contained here and don't bother to do so in the actual thread. That means you have been circlejerking without even realizing it because majority of the Re:Zero fags to occupied in their own crap. You could have said it to their faces DIRECTLY I SAID. But you didn't. Say your opinions right in front of their faces, not by chance of hearing it and maybe hope they'll come. That only worked very little with a few and they had to fend off majority of these kinds of threads.

And that is why we are full of shit. And at least admitted themselves especially Re:Zero fags.

You're legitimately a fucking sperg, how are you missing the hypocrisy of what you're saying? How is it LESS of a circlejerk in a thread exclusively for re:zero fans? This thread is equal opportunity, anyone who likes re:zero has the same chance of reading it as someone who dislikes it. On the other hand, only people who like re:zero will be in the generals. There is literally no reason for someone who dislikes the series to go in those threads, ever. You want OP to go post his reasonable negative opinions in a thread for hardcore fans, so that absolutely nobody will agree with him and you don't have to face the fact that not everyone loves the series.

Oh hell no, you wanna hear real hypocrisy of why you people are not really open to opinion? Let's see here:
> Contrarian opinion within Re:Zero threads (general): Almost non-existent while that gets overshadowed by waifu wars and ferris fags. They didn't even show their faces with these kinds of opinions.
If you say OP can't post his damn opinions in front of hardcore fans, you know what you really saying? You are telling him to not be fully open and is too fragile to get the full extent of criticism that his opinion can really get and put it somewhere that the Re:Zero fans won't fully notice. Meanwhile,
> You and your thread that you decided to have while 60% of you people have contrarian opinion and in agreement while 20% is me and probably one other user that tries to make criticisms and corrections that makes up majority of differing opinions while the other percentage is saying this is MAL/reddit-tier.
>You want OP to go post his reasonable negative opinions in a thread for hardcore fans,
Be careful what you said, you made a huge mistake. You have just admitted how weak the whole point of you and your people's opinion. You have just admitted circlejerking indirectly and decided to not truly open to opinion. Who is really contained in their own opinion here and not having the guts to do so? Same chance my ass. It all depends if you can truly be open and direct about it. But you didn't do it and you admitted it now.

Pretty sure hardcore fans are gonna see a thread on what they're fans of, though.

And let me tell you this. I bothered to make up majority of criticism towards this thread and your opinions in the matter. And that's one person and probably just a couple others that bothered to take a glimpse into the thread. That's not being open, the true majority and weight of your criticism can lie with the fans of the show on majority of their evaluation. Not fully doing so and admitting
>You want OP to go post his reasonable negative opinions in a thread for hardcore fans,
That he can't do it? No, you made a thread so you won't face the full fury of that and alot of your opinion is truly not up for criticism. That is now circlejerking your own opinion and not fully being direct and saying it to people faces about it.

Not OP here:

Just watched Episode 18 and fucking hell. For an episode where nothing happened, that hit hard and Subaru rejecting her so out-of-hand was some major fucking bullshit.