Rem Debate thread

This thread is for the debate on why Rem is/is not a good character, try to keep it objective.

Personally I don't get all the hate on Rem, I also don't get all the memes like
>Le Rem keeps the series alive

I guess I like Rem over Emilia but I'm somewhere in between

memetic seasonal waifu

Personally I don't get why anyone is watching this shit at all.

What are you, a gay?

Why is she a meme?

She's not a good character. Only a good waifu because of how devoted she is to the one she loves. I made a thread a couple of days ago about it comparing her to hinata. Difference though is hinata won

this is a poll on doki.co
I think the choice is clear

She's popular because the show is popular.

Why is she not a good character?

She is very popular in the Reddit anime community

Because her character revolves around subaru

How so?

All she does is talk about how great and awesome Subaru is and has no other character traits. She's literally baby's first waifu.

She's unconditionally devoted to him no matter what. She lives to serve as a romantic interest. After her character development there is nothing to improve about her.

Take examples from this whale fight. She told the whale only she can smell him and also wanted to be at least his 2nd wife.

What about her feelings about Ram? She really cares about her sister too. She also was highly jealous of her for being the older and more powerful one. It seems like there's a lot more than that to Rem surely

>She also was highly jealous of her for being the older and more powerful one.

Yeah. WAS. Subaru helped her get past that and now she devotes her whole life and self to him despite him already saying he loved someone else.

>and also wanted to be at least his 2nd wife

Rem is ok with a threesome ending? Best girl.

Someone already talked about why the anime is shitty.

Pro
-has blue hair
-can shoot ice
-subservient

Con
-has short hair
-seems kind of dumb
-has tits

Overall she's a good character because she blushes sometimes.

She's okay. Her character arc was okay and she's been useful to helping the protag develop and move the plot forward. She's also cute, lovable and kills things and that's good.

Pretentious faggots with butthurt will make a stink about her loving the protag at exclusion to everything else because they're shallow. To be fair it's an adaptation so some stuff was probably left out.
You made a shit thread that was rightfully deleted. Congrats.

Rem is best girl because she has blue hair and blue hair is justice!

Well for starters he gets summoned to that world by the witch. His goal would naturally be to find out why. He's probably the worst protagonist I've ever seen because of all the retarded shit he does, but I still like him at the times when he isn't being a retard. I enjoy that it has no plot other than the characters, it makes it different from the stuff I've seen and some of it hits home for me.

Regardless this thread isn't about the show, its about weather Rem is a good character or not.

>has tits
>con

>thinking rem is an ok character

wew lad.

> She's also cute, lovable and kills things and that's good.

wow it's fucking nothing. This is an 18+ board, child.

I ask you this op. What's the best way to define Rem's character after her development in the 2nd arc?

You sure convinced with your hot meme responses. Gonna have to try harder than that, kiddo.

Pretty much where I am.
I like her in the show much more than Emilia, but that could just be because she has been getting the most screen time recently. Plus the scene in which Toyota spills all his insecurities to her, and she helps him through it.
So you're basically admitting to hating her because she is popular?
At least you're honest.

Don't need to convince you.

Of your stupidity? Yeah, that's clear.

She'd be better if she was flat like the yellow bitch.

Pretty sure maids that kill things are objectively better than those that don't.

She cares deeply for the people closest to her, she will rip through anything that stands between them, and she has a very strong sense of duty, and is not afraid to show her affection to Subaru, she's also feisty.

Subaru essentially replaced Ram. Not that Rem doesn't love and admire Ram but the guilt and self-hatred was tearing at her. At least her new 'obsession' is based on love and has allowed her to seek happiness.

And this makes her a bad character because she's the most dynamic?

She's a character that the MC could help, which is pretty rare in anime. Even our best MC, EMIYA, had trouble helping others. She was the one to bond with MC during the end of the first arc when they went out of their way to help each other. During the second arc MC had no pratical experience with his ideas and couldn't get anywhere. It was Rem who carried out his ideas for him and watching her do it because MC couldn't, he had to learn the painful way of getting it right. Which then at the end of the white whale arc that's why the MC said it was him that should be asking her does she still want him around.

There's that 14 year old comeback. Show me your next one

Go away

>She cares deeply for the people closest to her, she will rip through anything that stands between them, and she has a very strong sense of duty, and is not afraid to show her affection to Subaru, she's also feisty.

Replace "people" and "them" with Subaru. It's all been about Subaru no matter what.

Battle servants are cool but flat girls should be butlers.
I wasn't speaking badly of her, just explaining something about her character as I interpreted it. Rem admired her sister (even seemed to imitate her) but it caused her a lot of grief. In Subaru, she has a new hero, but she's also has newfound strength, asserts herself, and wants to devote herself wholeheartedly.

16 minutes and that slow witted response? Just quit.

Oh shit. I had no idea. I like Rem, but that shit looks cancerous af

>Rem never cared about her sister or anyone else at the mansion.

>She's a character that the MC could help, which is pretty rare in anime.
What? Do you not watch anime at all?
Girls being helped by the MC to deal with their issues (be it external or internal issues) is one of the most common things in anime/manga/LN/VN. It's and extremely common cliché. You even have the girl falling completely in love for the MC after he helped her out, to complete the cliché.