What's the difference between a manga and a comic?

What's the difference between a manga and a comic?

Every manga is a comic.
Comics that are not from Japan are not manga.

Fuck off, cunt. We had enough of your shit on Sup Forums

Made you a graph, OP.

Comics have colour where as manga are black and white. That's all there is to it.

Sweet. Got it. Thanks man :)

Don't use emoticons on Sup Forums.

This is now a Nagai thread!

This is out of curiosity because of that dude spamming devilman in Sup Forums

Wrong on both accounts.

oh sorry

That can't be right or Cerebus would be considered a manga

Comics are inferior to manga.

In Japanese "manga" means comic, there isn't a regional connotation.
In English "manga" is an exclusively Japanese subset of "comic".

It's the same thing with "anime", in Japanese it just means generic cartoon, but in English it means a cartoon specifically from Japan.

This is an English imageboard so we use the English language standards.

And you can still continue to fuck off.

Thanks doc

>Sup Forums
what a sad board. cartoons are so shit that they have to resort to dumping manga.

Wew lad,lad wew.

A comic is a manga but a manga is a comic

>cartoons are so shit
Tom & Jerry > 90% of anime and manga

back to your Sup Forumsntainment board

If that was the case, why don't you see anyone posting Sup Forums shit on Sup Forums?

Because nobody wants that shit.

But Sup Forumsfags can't help themselves by pleasuring themselves with superior manga

But Tom & Jerry is an anime, the official Fruits Basket subtitles said so.

Nice trips, Anno

American comics are some of the worst shit I've read in my life.

:^)

Seriously sometimes I wonder what the fuck did the comic artist think back in 90s.

>Sup Forums
You're the one who needs to fuck off

Suggested reading.

Two words
Scott Pilgrim

i know this is bait but, it's an equal scale. no comic has ever come close to making me have to use my brain as much as akira or ghost in the shell, yet there's very few comics as cancerous as some of even incredibly popular manga.

:D

True

Marvel is a western company. EVERYTHING that they publish is Sup Forums.

If you're asking about what's characteristic for Japanese comics (manga) compared to western comics (American, French-Belgian), there are some important points.
First of all there are fewer panels, usually 6 panels max. There are many pages often with just two or three panels in manga.
Manga comes out weekly or monthly. French-Belgian comics sometimes comes out yearly or even with years between. This also lower the quality of most manga.
The quantity is much higher in Japan, and the quality is usually lower. You have to sift through a lot of manga to find something good.
Often manga has just a setup with characters and setting, but no actual plan. The mangaka just goes along according to for example popularity polls.
Then of course there is things like characters having little characteristics and same face, but different hair and hair color to distinguish them. Also usually manga is less realistic than western comics.

In terms of aesthetics: storytelling.

Good Tom & Jerry episodes were 60 years ago. He's talking in present tense. You have to compare them with the stuffs from the 60s. Tezuka's manga are still better.