Restructuring the US

Would merging states into Super States, similar to what was done in the Fallout Universe, be beneficial to the current political landscape in the US?

I think cutting back on the number of congressmen (which is what this would do) would be beneficial

Less people to buy. Great idea.

it would mean more accountability when there are less politicians

No. In fact splitting up some states like NY, AZ, CA, might even be better. But what would be most ideal is reducing the size and power of the federal government and increasing the power States have over themselves.

>Four states
Ave

*fewer

also, less politicians we have to pay for, as well as political support staff we have to pay.

*fewer

I agree, ideally states should have much more power than they do now.

What if we created new super states and simultaneously reduced federal power?

Whichever asshole, JE Sawyer or whoever, who lobbed Arkansas with Texas should be shot. I get that they wanted to maintain the old borders, and they couldn't reasonably subdivide a state... but they fucking did it with California! IT LOOKS LIKE A TUMOR.

Arkansas should be split between Gulf and Plains, and Texas should be its own self, like it always is.

>relates everything to vidya
>wants to be taken seriously

*fewer

No we aren’t Provinces like many euro countries have to arbitrarily slice and dice as governing dictates

Each us state is an independent nation with its own cultural identity, no state would agree to lose territory or merge with another it would be war

Yes.
think of all the literally who? politicians in the house and to a lesser degree the senate, if we reduced the amount of politicians in congress, there would be more public spot light in the ones who are still there

additionally, I think something like this could be used as a stepping stone towards balkanization

Missouri and iowa are almost completely full of trees with no plains, and the landscape is very "Hilly" actually
dunno where we fit in with this "Plains" nonsense

Less is MORE :0) i Vote yes

This would only cut down the number of Senators, whereas the House would still be set to 435, as it has been since 1929. The issue isn't the number of Congressmen, as our government was able function with that number since then, but the fact that they can be so easily bought off before they even get elected. Lowering the number of Congressmen would be worse IMO, as that would just make a smaller number of people for the special interests to target.
If you want to reform Congress, you need to reform the rules by which they are supposed to abide. Changing the number of seats in the Senate or House is equivalent to throwing deck chairs off the Titanic.

>Four States

blame Bethesda
Fallout is the best example of what I'm talking about, I aint saying follow the map in the OP as is, but the principle of it

The only good thing I see is splinting California into spic half and whitish half.

We could do it this way if we wanted Democrats to win every election from now on

anything east of the cascades in oregon or WA should be merged with idaho

I miss Stannis the Mannis

>Four States

OP, you had one job...

nigga, I didn't make this gay as map, I pulled off google

>waa waaaaaaaa muh best state

Yeah sure thing. They're the whole reason the US still has to pander to the left and contains over 20% of non white people in the US. Not to mention they're the reason everyone hates the US

By exterminating it, we get rid of the lib problem, Spic problem and non white problem all in one.

As someone who lives in Tennessee I fully support NK nuking Commieland

What the fuck is up with the people that make these maps and their lack of understanding of US regions. Ohio not being a part of the Midwest is retarded.

You forgot to take off/turn on your proxy .

I don't understand why its called midwest and not Great Lakes

I didn't make this, this is Fallout

>tfw You will never live in the Texas commonwealth....

I refuse to be merged with Indiana, fuck that.

I will say if it were ever done, this is a pretty good map in keeping bioregions in tact.

Okay, since you didn't listen to me the first time, let me be a little more blunt.
Your fucking fantasy world is never going to happen because simply making states bigger isn't going to change the fact that the number of House seats are dictated by a different set of laws and Constitutional clauses.

This is good shit

No, its not. Midwest, Great Lakes, and Pennsylvania and Delaware all share an ethnic group, that is to say, Midlanders. Not to mention you need to carve out some niggers states for proper ethnic representation.

>being this desperate for a reply
yea, I saw your comment and I see your point. I don't have anything to say on it, this idea is something hypothetical, get the dick out of your ass

As a Virginian if you think we are merging with communist Maryland without bloodshed you're dead wrong.

Better solution is allowing larger cities greater autonomy within their states.

I can't imagine how many stupid, irrelevant laws Upstate New York gets pressed on them because it's some issue in the city

Fuck them California is beautiful, I'm tired of giving up the most beautiful parts of our countries to foreigners. Paris, London, New York, you may say they are hell holes, but they are ARE hell holes, and I'm tired of them being sold by elites to hordes of foreigners! RECONQUISTA

this
Also, new england is already one state dumbass

haha

I love america