Why do so many people hate on Shirou defeating Gilgamesh?

Why do so many people hate on Shirou defeating Gilgamesh?

1. It's retarded.

2. Gives canonicity to UBW as the worst route and waste of time

Rule of fiction:
>"Circumstances that gives the protagonist more troubles is exciting. Lucky circumstances however is cheating"
It was a cheap shot; He only won because Gilgamesh was not serious.
No one likes those kind of plot twists where the final boss was unable to unleash his full strength

He only won because of his high ground.

plot shield

Actually I hate on Gil being as wanked in the first place.

Fate is trash. We need a Fate board to get rid of all the Fate fags.

They do not believe a fake can surpass the original.

Gil not being serious is part of his character. For Gil, the moment he decided to draw Ea against a human, he had already lost

I'm sure some Nasutard will correct the record, but the fact that Gil managed to defeat both Alexader and Heracles makes it even more stupid that a weak ass nigga like Shirou managed to kill him.

>Gil not being serious is part of his character.
Precisely. That's why he is an awful character. He has all the qualifications to be a final boss, except the backbone

kys

They don't read subs

>Gil not being serious is part of his character.

That's not being debated here. The problem is that the main baddie losing because he's not taking the main character seriously just isn't very exciting. Shirou didn't win based on his own merits, he didn't plan a strategy based on what Gilgamesh would do, he just charged in and won because he was lucky enough to be fighting the biggest jobber in fiction.

This we need to purge fatefags.

>kys
Kill yourself

Fatefags were here before you were.

>For Gil, the moment he decided to draw Ea against a human, he had already lost
The thing is, drawing Ea was extremely retarded.
It's even more so retarded in the VN than in the anime, because in the latter they seem to have some distance between them on which Shirou does some retarded acrobatics (which makes even less sense as to how he could win), but in the VN Shirou got Gil to close quarters in a duel of who pulled weapons faster. Trying to take out Ea in that situation was extremely stupid.

It's even worse when you considering Gil could have overwhelmed Shirou by sheer speed only, but it seems Servants tend to forget they're far faster than humans (see Saber vs Kuzuki).

Even if Gil didn't feel like blitzing Shirou, he could have used his speed to make some space and don his armour.

But no, of all his choices, he decided to take Ea out.

>serious Gilgamesh
EZ frag

Q: Why do so many people hate on Shirou defeating Gilgamesh?
A: One; not only did Shiro have to fuck Rin for the necessary power-up he just had to talk about her butt-hole while doing it
Two: It makes no sense specially if you are familiar with fate Zero.
Three: Makes people realized that Archer could have wiped the floor with Gilgamesh if he took the Grail war Seriously.
Four: Shit writing
Five: The fight was way too easy for Shiro.
Six: POWER LEVELS ARE BULLSHIT
Seven: Tohsaka's Anus

>he could have used his speed to make some space and don his armour.
Looks like another user don't get this scene. Rewatch Gil vs Berserker. You will notice that Gil don't move. Same in Gil vs Shirou.

>(see Saber vs Kuzuki).
Stopped reading there.

Kuzuki was buffed to Servant-tier by a Servant. That includes his speed and his reaction times.

Flawless villeins are boring.
There is nothing wrong with a flawed final boss.

>Shirou didn't win based on his own merits, he didn't plan a strategy based on what Gilgamesh would do
Using Gil arrogance against his own and pressuring him so he couldn't get a hold of himself after being overwhelm was literally his strategy.

He defeated Herk like that, if he did it with the greatest Greek hero, why shouldn't he do it with a human? That's how he fight, it is spelled out during his fight against Shirou.
Also, Shirou can trace stats of the original owners, there should be no problem keeping up on UBW since the swords do the work for him

Ea is a weapon Shirou can't replicate, meaning that its' a weapon Shirou couldn't have broken by smashing it against a replica. He could have just used it as a club and it would have done a good job to cut Shirou's built-up advantage. The issue is that he didn't have time to pull it out by then.

He couldn't have run, because he tried exactly that and it would have gotten him killed if the Grail hadn't saved him for a few moments longer. That's the whole point, he only realized he was fucked once Shirou had such a big advantage on him that he no longer had time to do anything.

And I have no idea what you're bringing Saber and Kuzuk up for. That doesn't help your argument at all.

>he didn't plan a strategy based on what Gilgamesh would do

He very clearly baited him into the one style of combat that he flat out says he knows Gil can't beat him on. What do you think the whole showmanship bit and insulting Gil's weaponry was for? He did exactly what you're claiming he didn't do.

>Flawless villeins are boring.
We know.
But a flawless victory against the final boss is just as bad.
Please stop defending it.

An overpowered villain who can defeat anyone but the protagonist is a complete violation of the rules of fiction stories. It insults the viewer's intelligence too

>Please stop defending it.

>But a flawless victory against the final boss is just as bad.

You're not even making any sense here. What does this even mean?

>An overpowered villain who can defeat anyone but the protagonist is a complete violation of the rules of fiction stories

Gil dies to three different people, two of which deliberately bait him to create an opening and the last who just jumps his ass because he's a careless ass. Again, what you're saying makes no sense.

Yeah, same thing when he fought Saber in Fate.
However, in both circumstances he hadn't been taken in to close quarters by either Saber or Berserker, since he kept them at a distance using his own tactics (be it using his weapons in different ways, or just sword spamming).

No, his abilities when reinforced by Caster are x10 that of a regular human. He's in no way match for a Servant that decided to speed blitz him, which Saber, being of one the most agile Servants, could have done very easily.

>Ea is a weapon Shirou can't replicate, meaning that its' a weapon Shirou couldn't have broken by smashing it against a replica. He could have just used it as a club and it would have done a good job to cut Shirou's built-up advantage. The issue is that he didn't have time to pull it out by then.
That's exactly my point. Taking Ea out under different circumstances might have been a good idea, but when the fight got taken to a very close range it became the worst thing Gil could have done.

>He couldn't have run, because he tried exactly that and it would have gotten him killed if the Grail hadn't saved him for a few moments longer.
I'm not talking about running away, I'm talking about making distance between them to don his armour (which doesn't even takes long to do).

>And I have no idea what you're bringing Saber and Kuzuk up for. That doesn't help your argument at all.
Speed, that's what I'm talking about. Speed.
Gil could have destroyed Shirou through sheer speed only, as Servants as much faster than humans.
Saber could have done the same with Kuzuki but chose to fight him regularly.

>Please stop pointing out I'm wrong

>An overpowered villain who can defeat anyone but the protagonist
Just the route before he was defeated by Saber, and then again by Sakura and the shadow in HF. On the same UBW Medea wins the HGW in a bad end as well.
What are you talking about?

Well its a known fact that Gilgamesh is the strongest Servant.

With EA as EX ranked NP hes already OP but he still has his Gate of Babylon a A++ ranked Noble Phantasm with basically gives him access to only Gilgamesh knows how many A> Ranked NP's

And he has Enkidu unknown Rank but its a A++ or maybe even a EX ranked Noble Phantasm, i mean look at Heracles he couldn't move.

In the Saber route Saber only Won because of Avalon, Emiya just has the "MC" Power.

>No, his abilities when reinforced by Caster are x10 that of a regular human.
You pulled that number out of your ass.

It is precisely how you read it.
No one wanted to see a match where the final placer won simply because the 1st placers got bad luck.

Unless it's a comedy, no one will take it seriously.

Yup.
Gilgamesh's fate of either winning flawlessly, or losing it all in one strike is everything wrong about him

>Q: This is about Kuzuki-sensei who is physically stronger than regular people. Aside from his fists being strengthened by Caster, are the rest his own strength, or did Caster strengthened other parts of his body as well?
>Nasu: In the anime version, his entire body is strengthened. When the excessively worrying Caster buffed him to ten times that of a normal human, since Kuzuki's base strength is higher than a normal human, he became even more ridiculous, and did the unthinkable during his fight with Saber. Caster was surprised herself: "What the? Isn't my Master a little too strong?!"

How about some Gil humilation?

In a canyon of red clay soil several kilometers north of the cave Gilgamesh had been summoned in, a man was standing on a hill of roughly the same elevation as the top floor of Crystal Hill. He was a lanky man over two meters tall. A bow was gripped in his hands. It was larger than a normal great bow, but because it was being held by the slender man, it felt somewhat small. The man wore something that ought to be described as outlandish rather than strange. What would first attract one’s attention is the long piece of cloth vertically covering his body. It was not resting on his shoulders. Its center was placed over the top of his head, completely covering his face and the back of his head and then hanging down so as to conceal the front and back of his body. What can be seen of his face from the parts not covered by the cloth is at best the area around his ears, and one could not tell if even he could see in front. He had a skirt and undergarment behind the cloth and wore sandals, but he had no other piece of cloth on his upper body, and dark dye stained his exposed skin. There was also some form of pattern drawn in white dye on his body, but it was covered by the aforementioned cloth so its entirety could not be ascertained. The man, who at a glance looked like something that would appear in a horror game chasing after the main character, grinned beneath the cloth covering his face and gently drew the bow without a word. Then his fingers let go of the string, releasing a single arrow. At a speed far beyond the speed of the wind, beyond even the speed of sound.

>since Kuzuki's base strength is higher than a normal human, he became even more ridiculous,
Read your own quotes before you post them.

>either winning flawlessly, or losing it all in one strike
Again, he both, lost and won against Saber in different occasions. Same with Medea.

Snowfield sky

A blade-like gust of wind hurtled through the city of Snowfield in a straight line. It cut through air and formed shockwaves, and by the time the boom resonated in the surroundings, the wind had already gone. In the center of the wind gust was a single arrow. Where it was heading was the top floor of Crystal Hill, a high-rise building at the heart of Snowfield. The arrow that the mysterious man shot had not decelerated, had not changed elevation, even briefly since he had fired it from the hill in the canyon, and it continued moving forward like a laser beam while ignoring the laws of physics. The arrow had already travelled 20 kilometers, which by itself proved that the bowman was no human being, no normal magus. The shockwave plowed through the city sky, the sound and impact shattering the glass of buildings below its line of fire.
A human, no, even a Heroic Spirit would not be safe from a direct hit. Soon after piercing the top of its target’s head, the rest of the upper body would be blown to smithereens.
The arrow continued straight on course to its target. To the head of the person standing next to Gilgamesh, the King of Heroes who was occupying the top floor of Crystal Hill: his Master, Tine Chelc.

>No, his abilities when reinforced by Caster are x10 that of a regular human.

You're making shit up. No stats are ever given.

>but when the fight got taken to a very close range it became the worst thing Gil could have done.

Then what are you complaining about? There was no good choice there, he was fucked either way. He no longer had any time to do anything at all.

>I'm not talking about running away, I'm talking about making distance between them

So you're not talking about moving away, just moving away? Yes that makes sense. Clearly, the very act of not intending to run all the way would have slowed down time and made it so that he could move away before Shirou hacked him in two, which he can't do otherwise.

>Speed, that's what I'm talking about. Speed.

See above, you're making shit up.

>Gil could have destroyed Shirou through sheer speed only

Not at that point. If he didn't have time to do so much as flex his arm the few degrees needed to pull the weapon out, he had no time to do anything else. He was beyond the point where his speed made any difference, repeating the word "speed" over and over won't magically coalesce it into a valid argument.

>Saber could have done the same with Kuzuki but chose to fight him regularly.

She tried to slash at him to kill him. What the fuck is "speedblitzing" and why would it magically make her attacks faster when she was already swinging for real?

10x his own base, still nowhere close to Servants.
Also, notice that in the quote Nasu said that his full body was reinforced in the anime. In the VN, only his fists were.

Crystal Hill Royal Suite

Tine, who had been facing Gilgamesh, glanced to the window on the north side.
“Eh…?”
The sound hadn’t reached her yet. She simply sensed some strange disturbance in the mana in the air and just looked in that direction without much thought, but –
By the time she noticed that the wind was being shredded, it had been too late. A single point of death was coming from her, already at a distance at which her reflexes could not act in time. However she moved, there were no means for her by which she could avoid the incoming arrow that was moving faster than sound. For her at least.
“…”
Instantly, thunder boomed outside the glass window when the arrow was within 20 meters from the hotel. Bright light dazzled, and innumerous small bolts of lightning ran across the sky. Of those, one had directly hit the arrow and dissipated what should have been a deadly blow in the air. Still, the shockwave shattered the glass, coming at all sides in the room.
“ ”
Tine casted a silent chant, and wind swirled from her hand to become a barrier that deflected the glass shrapnel raining down on herself, Gilgamesh, and her subordinates.
“Are you uninjured?”
She asked Gilgamesh after regaining her breath.
Then the King of Heroes, who remained uninjured, answered unamused.
“I am fine.”
“What was that lightning?”
“The lightning was one of my Noble Phantasms. It seems that it intercepted something.”
Upon hearing this nonchalant reply from Gilgamesh, Tine mumbled something on reflex.
“Intercepted?”
Tine looked outside the window and saw multiple disks floating above the building.
“An autodefensor. There was a chance that my friend would spring a surprise attack in jest, so I had readied it in case, but–“

Gilgamesh shifted his eyes to the north and took out a noble phantasm from his vault. It was a golden ring, which floated in the air, as seems to be the case with such objects, and had a strangely warped lens fit inside. Though it was a single lens, it showed the distant landscape like a telescope.
“I did not think it would deflect an arrow from a mere Archer.”
In the ring was a man boldly drawing a bow in this direction.
“Archer…?”
Questions entered Tine’s mind. Archer was none other than Gilgamesh. So it would have to be a Rider, Assassin, or Berserker-class Servant using a bow for a weapon. Tine looked at Archer through the golden ring and what surprised her first was how high his status values were. If you were to consider his total status points alone, it would appear that he was greater than Gilgamesh.
Then it must be a Berserker?
Gilgamesh muttered without changing his expression before an apprehensive Tine.
“….Will you come with me?”
But the second shot had already been fired.
The bolts of lightning from the autodefensor activated and went to intercept the incoming arrow, but while several bolts had struck it, the arrow managed to slip through the lightning strikes and came for Gilgamesh. The speed at which electricity transmitted through the air, the speed of lighting in other words, is slower than light, but it should have been fast enough to catch a normal arrow. But the speed of the arrow went beyond the limits of humanity. Gilgamesh instantly manifested his armor and knocked the arrow away with his left gauntlet. However, apparently not completely nullifying its force, a portion of the armor broke and chips of gold fell to the floor.

“….Ho.”
Coldly looking at the chips of his armor, Gilgamesh slightly narrowed his eyes, then,
“Impressive bowmanship, however… I will shake off the rust from my treasures with you, you manner-less barbarian!”
An enormous noble phantasm appeared to the side of the top floor, outside of the shattered glass.
“What is this?”
“Tine, get on the back.”
“Are you sure of it?
“If I leave you behind, I cannot protect you from those infernal arrows. Until I fulfill my promise with my friend, I cannot have you die.”

Tine nodded strongly to answer the plainly-spoken words of the King and boarded the rear of the huge noble phantasm. It looked like it was a golden yacht with large fairy wings. It was the noble phantasm Vimana, a small aerial battleship among the noble phantasms of Gilgamesh. The King’s Treasure which is said to include all treasures included not only weapons but the crystallizations of all knowledge produced by man. When Tine was on the rear of Vimana on all fours, Gilgamesh launched the golden vehicle. The sudden acceleration almost caused Tine to be blown off unwittingly, but she managed to regain her balance and breath by using wards against wind and gravity control magic. Gilgamesh stood powerfully on the bow and sent the battleship toward Archer. Sometimes arrows launched by Archer would come but the dozens of interception systems deployed around it completely shot down all of them.
“This is amazing…”
The girl unconsciously exclaimed with emotion after seeing again what it was she was riding on.
“It can even do this…”
Was it awe or was it wonder that was contained in the emotions in the voice of the girl?

What is your point anyway? He didn't beat Saber by moving faster, he beat her because his technique was unpredictable.

>still nowhere close to Servants.

Says who? That's around E anyway, and the text clearly states Kuzuki's base skills bump that even higher.

I liked Gil if fate/zero. He was actually an interesting character there, and he totally would have used Ea against shirou. I like to think that the it was the holy grail that made Gilgamesh into a worse character and a jobber.

I know.
His fate is judged by the demands of the plot instead of his character and powerlevel. His role in the hierarchy is nothing more than an accessory

That's everything wrong about him.

“Ho.”
Looking at the golden ship which managed to arrive before him, Archer exhaled a quiet mumble. A low mumble, which behind it contained shades of frank admiration and slight self-mockery.
“You attempted to take me by surprise. You better not be begging for your life.”
In reaction to Gilgamesh who jumped down from the bow to the hill, Archer, who was about 10 meters away, gradually brought his face up eerily.
“….”
“Do you have any last words?” asked Gilgamesh, but the mysterious Archer did not even attempt a reply. Saying nothing, he silently drew his bow. And then without hesitation, shot an arrow towards Tine, whose head was exposed from the rear seat of Vimana.
“!”
The faster than sound arrow headed towards Tine’s face. She could mitigate the force of the shockwave with a powerful wind barrier, but it wouldn’t be able to completely hold off the arrow. Tine once again recognized the incoming death that was closing in on her, but –
Vimana’s add-on interception noble phantasm shot it down in front of her.
“Fool, did you think it would no longer activate if I was no longer on it?”

How about you stop spamming shit everyone's read already?

His character is 100% the reason he lost to Shirou, Saber, and Sakura.

Or what?

>I know.

So why did you say something completely different before?

Most of them are already on /vg/ just redirect them there so hopefully most of the Fate cancer is gone. Glad HF is a movie so it will have only threads when it is released.

They can't believe that rock lost to paper.

“….”
Ignoring Gilgamesh, Archer fired two, three more shots continuously. Tine had already hid herself behind the hull, but he continued drawing his bow with force as if he were to penetrate Vimana’s armor. There was a cracking sound to the side of Gil’s head. Anyone watching should know what he was trying to do. He wasn’t seriously trying to shoot through the ship to get to Tine; he we taunting the hero called Gilgamesh. Either not realizing he was being taunted, or realizing it but being angered by the fact that Archer was continuing to target the girl and ignore him, Gilgamesh continued speaking with anger in his detached tone of voice.
“If victory is all that matters to you, or if you would choose to win painlessly, that is the right decision to make. I might do the same on a whim depending on the circumstance.”
And then, in the next instant –
“But it is because I am the one doing it that it can be tolerated! It is not an act that is allowed for the likes of you!”
Shouting the unreasonable, Gilgamesh fired countless noble phantasms from the Gate of Babylon opening behind him. It seemed that this rain of blades mixed with high rank noble phantasms would leave nothing remaining of Archer. But he waved the bow he was holding with his left hand and knocked aside the noble phantasms that had been fired at a speed that defied the common sense of heroic spirits.
“What?”

>It is precisely how you read it.

Nonsense?

>No one wanted to see a match where the final placer won simply because the 1st placers got bad luck.

He didn't get bad luck, he got outplayed.

What the fuck does this have to do with "flawless victory"? Do you just use words at random based on how they sound or something?

>powerlevel
This is your problem. Powerlevels are not a straight line where things are always the same no matter what.

Yeah, and his character is the 100% reason he won against so many other heroes that are far stronger.

He has no permanent place and his entire existence is to be a plot device and nothing more.
That's what everyone hates about him

“…”
The Heroic Spirit who deflected dozens of noble phantasms without a scratch silently held out his hand towards Gilgamesh. And then, he turned it over palm side up and curled his fingers back and forth, beckoning for Gilgamesh to come. Gilgamesh narrowed his eyes and had his voice reverberate over the hill with a voice of restrained rage.
“I see that you have nimble fingers. Then….how about this?”
Gilgamesh put on a malicious smile and deployed the Gate of Babylon over a large area around the hill. Deployed over all sides around Archer, the entrance to his vault began to undulate like a tornado. Suddenly, innumerous noble phantasms were blasted out with the momentum of a machine gun, creating a tornado of light and impact high above the hill. Dozens, hundreds, thousands of noble phantasms came raining down onto the man standing in the center of the tornado. At times, they were blades, at times they were knowledge, at times they were pain, at times they were knowledge. There had been a long sword that slayed an oriental dragon. There had been a demonic sword that brought ruin. There had been a spear that killed heroes. There had been lightning without form. The originals of all the noble phantasms humanity had obtained or created were propelled unsparingly. A hellish rain spun by mankind was fired in all directions in 360 degrees. Tine seeing the amazing sight had imagined that not even chunks of flesh would remain of Archer. But once the tornado settled, a spectacle that betrayed Gilgamesh and Tine’s expectations greeted them. In it was Archer, still uninjured, brushing off the dust from the long piece of cloth covering his body, and around him, piles of innumerous noble phantasms.
“It can’t be…” said Tine, her eyes bulging in disbelief, but Gilgamesh ignored her and looked at his foe.
For some time, silence dominated the hill, but that was soon broken by Archer’s chuckling.

>He uses his most special NPs (Ea, Enkidu) for both those opponents
>Only uses his standard rain against Shirou
Well no fucking shit.

Because the author wrote himself into a corner when he made his powerman character and couldn't come up with a clever way for the MC to beat him.

It was awesome to watch Kihara manhandle accelerator with nothing but his understanding of accelerator's powers.

It was too sweet to watch Frenda keep up with Misaka using her cunning.

It's a bore and infuriating to watch Touma beat everyone just because lol imagine breaker.

”Heh….hehheh…..hgh….ha…hahaha…”
An obviously mocking voice emerged from behind the cloth.
“What is so amusing?” asked Gilgamesh with a blank expression, to which Archer replied back, saying very clearly:
“Weak.”
Anyone who had once faced Gilgamesh would question the sanity of whoever said that.
“….”
Tine felt as if the temperature almost suddenly dropped.
“All you do is throw weapons blindly...even hurling sand would have made a better substitute...“
The mysterious Archer continued speaking in the chilly atmosphere he created.
“Such puerile tricks can defeat only weaklings……or non-thinking beasts.”
He spoke softly but it was evident that what he said had strength in it containing not simple derision but some manner of fixation, of tenacity. .
“……Ho?”
The expression on Gilgamesh’s face changed. Tine was worried that Gilgamesh would explode, but to the contrary, a sliver of a smile appeared around his mouth. In that moment the emotion that controlled Gilgamesh transformed from “anger at the mannerless attacker” to “curiosity in this strong warrior.”

Gilgamesh was a flawless villain, but it wasn't him being villain that made him interesting, it was his personality and views. Re-watch Fate/Zero.

Observing the change in the King of Heroes, the mysterious Archer said, “Draw the sword that lies in the deepest parts of your storage. Then we will be equals.”
Perhaps he had learned of it from someone else, or he had noticed the exception presence in the vault from the previous attack, but Archer was telling Gilgamesh to bring his strongest weapon.  
Gilgamesh gnashing his teeth smiled and returned the taunt in amusement.
“Ea is no less than my other half. It is not a sword to use against a weakling like you.”
And then, instead of the Ea the Sword of Separation, a single sword appeared in Gilgamesh’s hand. Merodach, the sword said to the original model of the legends of swords of selection in the various lands of the world. He must be planning on testing his opponent with this sword, to determine if he merited drawing Ea, his very symbol, on.
“Prove to me that you are worthy of beholding Ea.”
“What foolishness…you could have avoided death had you drawn it.”
Archer muttered and then lowered his right hand, the one not holding the bow, to the side of his body.
A new piece of “fabric” appeared around it upon doing so. It would appear at a glance to be a band with a plain pattern drawn on it, but those who could see from a different perspective would immediately recognize just how abnormal it was.

You sound oddly perplexed by the idea that this might not be DBZ where everything is decided by one universal "powerlevel" stat and that different matchups can create upsets based on abilities.

>his character makes him win against certain people
>his character makes him loss against others or when the same defeated characters come up with a plan
There is no actual problem with this. What are you even saying now?

“That is….a Noble Phantasm for sure….”
To even Tine’s eyes, the magic covering that band was abnormal. Gilgamesh looked at this cloth covered with a thick divine aura like it had been used by a god itself and narrowed his eyes.
“I feel something different from the gods I know of. But it has the same roots…”
It was a bit of a displeasing noble phantasm to Gilgamesh who claimed to hate the gods. But he was interested to see what move this Archer would play. Gilgamesh boldly waited for his foe to make his move while looking at him in half anticipation. Archer laughed behind the cloth and prepared to release the power of his noble phantasm. Then several seconds later, a blow filled with the divine aura rocked the earth.
A blow rich with divine aura shook the earth. But it had not been a blow dealt by the mysterious Archer.
"....Eh?"
Tine, peeking her head from the rear seat of Vimana, could not believe what had transpired. Just as Archer was going to manifest the power of the piece of fabric that seemed to be his noble phantasm, a horse appeared from out of nowhere, and the girl riding on it dismounted behind Archer.
She looked to be from 16 to around 18 years of age, at the very least not over 20. Her long hair was kept neatly bundled to the back of her head, and her lively peach-colored body was dressed in a unique style of clothing of soft cloth and leather. She gave off an energetic impression on whole and approached Archer from behind with a cool face and without making a sound.

The entire VN had been building up the idea that Shirou copies swords.

"....?"
Noticing that Gilgamesh furrowed his brows, Archer was about to turn around when suddenly the girl’s fist deeply dug into the covered part of his face. A sound that could only be from an explosion boomed, Archer's body being propelled like a cannon shell. His body smashed deep into the wall of a different hill, and the small hil in turn then began to collapse.
After a brief silence, a simple fact dominated the air. The fact that the man whom Gilgamesh's volleys of noble phantasms from Gate of Babylon could do nothing to was sent flying by this girl's thin arm.
The girl glared with immense hate at the debris where Archer was buried, then flicking a glance over to Tine and Gilgamesh behind her, she said, "That scum is my prey. Don't interfere."
Some time passed before, Gilgamesh opened his mouth, eyes narrowed.
“…This is exactly what is called spoiling the mood, girl.”

Tine judged that Gilgamesh was clearly displeased from his tone. He had every right to be angry, for the battle that had excited him had been interrupted. Not only that, but it had been the second time since the first day that someone had ruined his fight.
In this precarious situation, Tine thought to at least probe into the girl’s identity. But one thing threw her into deep confusion. The girl in front of her had around her arm the same piece of fabric as the noble phantasm-seeming fabric wrapped around Archer's arm. Not only was the pattern no different, but even the thick divine aura that shook the air was completely the same.
Could it be the same noble phantasm?
While Tine was in confusion and Gilgamesh was quietly fuming, the debris of the collapsed hill flew to all sides like from a volcano eruption following a great thundering sound.

It was a grail war intertwined with true and fake. The strong gathered to this land, and the destiny of the holy grail was about to be further mired in the mud of chaos.

>Gilgamesh was a flawless villain,

>Re-watch Fate/Zero.

I have no idea what people like about Zero Gilgamesh. His only interesting side is fleshed out on CCC, where it builds up on what he was doing in UBW and his chat with Kirei in HF. His Zero screen-time is chiefly empty grandstanding and playing discount Mephistopheles to Kirei.

>implying
Touma against Othinus was hype as fuck. Carissa battle was also amazing.

Zerofags

Nay.
I just do not deny that a god being defeated by a single lucky shot is just plain inexcusable

Do not lie.
When everything falls into your favor without so much of a challenge, it is just plain unsatisfying

>But a flawless victory against the final boss is just as bad.
It's not bad and I can defend it all I like, you aren't the one who rules what is good or not in writing you dumb nerd.

I don't.
Basic common sense does

>by a single lucky shot

What lucky shot?

>When everything falls into your favor without so much of a challenge

What are you even talking about?

Is your entire argumentative strategy to use words and say things at random hoping nobody notices you're saying nothing specific at all?

Again you don't dictate what's good or bad. A flawless victory against the last boss is not a flaw.

>When everything falls into your favor without so much of a challenge
When did this happen?
It was already said various times how Shirou had to create the situation on various ways.

>I just do not deny that a god being defeated by a single lucky shot

He's defeated by three different shots, only one of them was not deliberately engineered by the one killing him.

You are saying things, but they have nothing to do with anything that actually happens in the story. What the fuck is a "flawless victory" and who are you talking about here, because all three times he's defeated it's by the skin of the victor's teeth. Look up a fucking dictionary and try using words that actually mean whatever the hell you're trying to say.

He is just spouting Sup Forums memes, because that's all that this series amounts to now. A dumb phone game and Sup Forums memes with cloned discussions.

Just because you can't understand it does not mean no one does.

Yes it is. It's called "Dues ex Machina" and it is taboo in the literature world

And his plan went too smoothly and unsatisfying. That's what everyone hates about the fight

>omg I got beaten up
>time to use THAT
And the worst part is that the final boss did not even got to unleash his full strength. It's really a cheap victory

Man, my hands are getting tired

Edgy teens who side with Gil as opposed to the morally driven Shirou

>he didn't plan a strategy based on what Gilgamesh would do,
Did you miss the entire point of Shirou learning UBW or something?
Once Gil is inside there, he fucking loses.

>omg
I was giving the benefit of the doubt, but now you are obviously baiting. Fuck off.

>Yes it is. It's called "Dues ex Machina" and it is taboo in the literature world
Are you 13? A flawless victory against the last boss is in no way a Deus Ex Machina. Stop having fun damn it.

>I just do not deny that a god being defeated by a single lucky shot is just plain inexcusable
But it's very possible. Just because Gilgamesh exists doesn't mean he automatically wins over everyone forever and the show should be about how cool and strong he is, that's just powerlevel wanking.

Fact is, Gilgamesh has weaknesses and Shirou exploited them.

>Just because you can't understand it does not mean no one does.

You're down to this already?

>And his plan went too smoothly and unsatisfying.

See >Man, my hands are getting tired

So you're setting up a n excuse why you're running away before explaining anything at all.

>You're making shit up. No stats are ever given.
see
>There was no good choice there, he was fucked either way. He no longer had any time to do anything at all.
What? They were just clashing swords, to which he lost, because he pulled a weapon that took longer than the rest to show up, which allowed Shirou to chop off his arm.

>So you're not talking about moving away, just moving away? Yes that makes sense. Clearly, the very act of not intending to run all the way would have slowed down time and made it so that he could move away before Shirou hacked him in two, which he can't do otherwise.
Running away has other implications.
In this case, all Gil had to do was to make some space, which he did manage to do after Shirou chopped off his arm.

Notice Shirou said he was about to go for the kill when Gilgamesh suddenly retreated, which shows Gil is fast enough to make space between them and don his armour, yet somehow the thought never occurred to him.

>She tried to slash at him to kill him.
She went head on at regular speed, by the time he started to pull his Snake moves she should have overwhelmed him through speed.

>Yes it is. It's called "Dues ex Machina"
No it isn't.

You're acting as is Gilgamesh is a perfectly rational actor when the VN goes to great lengths to establish that he isn't. He's an arrogant motherfucker.

>He didn't beat Saber by moving faster, he beat her because his technique was unpredictable.
Which Saber could have avoided by simply moving faster than he could deal with.
Hell, she shouldn't have even needed to resort to that, as her battle instincts were supposed to be good enough to allow her to avoid Tsubame Gaeshi.

>She went head on at regular speed, by the time he started to pull his Snake moves she should have overwhelmed him through speed.
Is't Saber lost because of her instinct? She eveded his strakes

>Yes it is. It's called "Dues ex Machina" and it is taboo in the literature world
I think this guy actually believes the shit he's spouting.
The entire UBW route was preparing Shirou to match up against Gilgamesh.
It's not a deus ex machina at all, it's been fully explored and detailed as a plot point and his ability he's been honing for some time.

>having THAT
>villain was full retard
>no way a Deus Ex Machina
Keep smoking

Yup. He wins/loses only when the writer wants him to. Not because of his character suddenly facing against someone naturally stronger/weaker
It's like his entire battle is nothing more than a game of rock, paper, scissors

Wait, I forgot to reply to him

>And his plan went too smoothly

Saber has to spend a whole afternoon getting the shit stabbed out of her before she could bait him into using Ea, and Shirou had basically a choice between Gil taking the bait and winning, or him refusing and killing him. Even then, he failed to give him the coup de grace because the Grail interfered.

The only Deus Ex Machine there was the Grail saving Gil by making Shirou retreat. A smart logical plan working as intended is not Deus Ex Machine, so you can chalk that up with "flawless victory" in the list of expressions you use without having any fucking idea what they mean.

Nay, he never lost because someone was "better"
He lost because he is a retard.

Tsubamegaeshi is still rooted in more traditional swordsmanship. Kuzuki's bullshit is not.

>It's called "Dues ex Machina"
Lmao

I know he's arrogant, which is why he allowed the fight to go to close quarters in the first place.

However, there's such a thing as arrogance (getting to a close range battle against Shirou), and another is to attempt to take out a weapon that would take longer than the rest, even though he's in a duel of who swings faster. That's not him being arrogant, but him being very retarded.

Surely, you jest.
Being able to win simply because your opponent is so stupid to fall for a 13 year old's tricks is an undeniable comedy.

A complete victory over a hulking mass of Smugy Stu because of THAT is a Dues ex Machina to call