Where were you when Shinkai Makoto became the Miyazaki Hayao of our time?

Where were you when Shinkai Makoto became the Miyazaki Hayao of our time?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirited_Away#Accolades
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Miyazaki movies are about living things, Shinkai movies are about backgrounds and cellphones.

Miyazaki actually makes art.

You don't win an oscar by making art.

>Miyazaki actually makes art.

Is this supposed to be a meme shitposting or plain sarcasm? I'm genuinely confused

No, you are just autistic and possibly retared.

Miyazaki has done what no other animator or artist has done; he has made movies that are 100% him and his ideas, with an unparalleled visual aesthetic that is the most creative and whimsical in all of anime. His designs are unique and beautiful without going into Disney or nightmare fuel territory and are just amazing to look at. Are there other artist who can do similar art? Sure, but who the hell among them has ever made consistently high-budget and beautifully animated movies like Miyazaki has? Yes, you can argue that others like Kon are similar, but Kon doesn't come close to Miyazaki when it comes to using animation to his advantage, and his style is not as whimsical.

Nothing a hack like Shinkai has ever made has come close to surpassing Miyazaki's imagination. Why does he even bother?

Does this shit have a happy ending?

Shinkai is about backgrounds and sci-fi but yeah.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirited_Away#Accolades

whens this getting subbed

there's not even a rip out there to sub

I've seen this exact same post before, do you just copy paste shit and post it like every 3 days?

I dont think Shinkai's films have the same kind of appeal that Miyazaki's films do. Even when Shinkai tried to emulate Miyazaki in Children Who Chase Lost Voices it just didnt work. Shinkai also doesnt have Disney bux backing him, which was the main reason Miyazaki became popular outside of Japan in the first place.

more like the kenny g of anime

Just because it's a pasta doesn't make him less right.

I'm not disagreeing with him, I just find it incredibly annoying when people say the same shit repeatedly like parrots.

Also,
>him
>implying it's not you samefagging

>muh environment
>muh strong females
>muh pacifism
>art
Fuck off, fag.

>samefagging

That was my first post in this thread, but feel free to keep pointing fingers. It'll definitely invalidate his argument.

Post your favorite Miyazaki movie

The one where he kills himself

There's not even a BD announcement in Japan yet. It's still in theaters; general release date was Aug. 26.

Laputa

Whispers of the heart.

Mononoke is the only answer

This should be illegal. I demand torrents.

Definitely Whisper of the Heart

FINDS A WAY

If Shinkai movies pander to the mainstream with big producers' help then his career as an artist is over and his career as an entertainer just started.

kill yourself

Shinkai really is the next level for anime. Nevermind kyoani catching up. They've left even ghibli behind in the dust.

Anyone that can't see this just doesn't have an eye for the future.

>Weekend Estimates (09/03-04)
>¥1,150,000,000 ($11.0 million), +24% from last weekend.
>Total as of now ¥3,775,000,000 ($36.8 million)

>"Director Makoto Shinkai's 'Your Name.' continues to defy belief by experiencing a second weekend increase, but not just any increase, but a likely 20%+ increase. Its opening weekend was already insane enough, arguably the most-impressive on record, but its second weekend in on an entirely different level and without a doubt the most-impressive second frame of all-time.

>According to estimates, its second weekend will be the 6th biggest of all time overall, and the 2nd biggest for an animation film (behind only Howl's Moving Castle). It's also the biggest second weekend since 2007, and a small increase over estimates could make it the biggest second weekend since 2004. And a quick example of how significant this second weekend is in terms of modern-day box office: Its second weekend admissions will be greater than Star Wars: The Force Awaken's opening weekend, and nearly on par with its opening weekend in gross.

>Its two-week total also comes in near an all-time high as well for an animated film (and maybe top 10 overall, despite no holiday support). It's outpacing every animated film ever after two weeks besides Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away (and its second weekend just bested the latter). Everyone has been waiting to see who would be the "next Miyazaki" at the box office, if anyone could ever fill that role at all, and audiences and critics alike have spoken in unity that Makoto Shinkai is that guy.

>Your Name/Kimi No Na Wa achieved double digit % increase in its second weekend, which is extremely rare and did it without national holidays, and is outpacing almost every animation movie that came out before, and the word of mouth is through the roof while the average ticket price is showing it is seen by wide demographic.

Posting Keit-Ai

Probably like in April or May.

The movie was okay, I wish it ended somewhere near the tweeest instead of shoehorning in a happy ending.

Miyazaki is still better.