“For as soon as the distribution of labour comes into being, each man has a particular, exclusive sphere of activity...

“For as soon as the distribution of labour comes into being, each man has a particular, exclusive sphere of activity, which is forced upon him and from which he cannot escape. He is a hunter, a fisherman, a herdsman, or a critical critic, and must remain so if he does not want to lose his means of livelihood; while in communist society, where nobody has one exclusive sphere of activity but each can become accomplished in any branch he wishes, society regulates the general production and thus makes it possible for me to do one thing today and another tomorrow, to hunt in the morning, fish in the afternoon, rear cattle in the evening, criticise after dinner, just as I have a mind, without ever becoming hunter, fisherman, herdsman or critic.”

>to hunt in the morning, fish in the afternoon, rear cattle in the evening, criticise after dinner, just as I have a mind, without ever becoming hunter, fisherman, herdsman or critic
You already can do that under capitalism, go live alone in the woods and you'll never be forced to become any one job, in fact you'll have to be a jack of all trades in order to survive.

Amen fellow comrade, lets push our shitty ideology some more and see if we can kill another 100 million people.

>SHUT UP AND STARVE TO DEATH, GOYIM!

but i like food

This is the single most stupid idea of a utopia or political economy that one can imagine.

It is the master quote for demonstrating just how clueless marx was about economics.

I don't want to devolve into a rural retard.

Rightists are gross and smell like shit.

Why can't they just shower every day?

Then you can become specialized like the rest of us and enjoy the efficiency and wealth that specialization brings. Of course, that would be awful according to Marx, so maybe you should reconsider.

I think communist should be enslaved. Its a win win. We get slaves, you get to see what its like to live under communism.

What an absolute retard. All societal progress is built upon the idea that we specialize and become extremely competent in one or two fields, rather than becoming mediocre Jacks of all trades.
Furthermore, consistency is absolutely imperative if you're working on a project and want good results.

Was Marx really this stupid, or is this a fake quote?

That's capitalism stupid towelhead

19th century commentary applied to todays society, there is nothing stopping anyone from becoming what they want if they put in sufficient effort.

>without ever becoming hunter, fisherman, herdsman or critic.”

how can you be something without fully learning it?
It takes years to be any of those things, you don't just go "right today I'm a fisherman, bring me a great big sword to hunt fish in the sea."

>lefties includes such luminaries like Moldy Locks and Eric Clanton, two of the smelliest, filthiest pieces of shit.
>(You) have the gall to call glorious rightists "gross and smell like shit".

Fucking basedx3

We don't want to devolve into collectivist retards.

i'll become a brain surgeon tomorroy, a chemist the day after tomorrow, then a computer programmer the next day, oh wait none of those things is easy.

>implying someone is forcing you to partake in a job for which you have no skill

wow its almost like you're trying to critique a book you haven't read

Also, if you weren't a rural and/or suburban retard, you'd know that Marx should be interpreted slightly differently, as he lived 100 years ago.

So how do you manage shortages or surpluses in certain sectors. I'm sure given the choice everyone would want to do little to nothing.

coming from a man who doesn't know a days hard work.

Yeah.. It was great.. The Times communism worked.

>to hunt in the morning, fish in the afternoon, rear cattle in the evening, criticise after dinner, just as I have a mind, without ever becoming hunter, fisherman, herdsman or critic.”

So is that Communism in a nutshell? To do everything, without ever becoming good at any one thing? That explains so much.

All reds deserve the rope

Every communist is a loser without exception

I’m leaning in the direction of really this stupid.

Now you’re beginning to catch a glimmer of how pants on head retarded Communism truly is when it gets out into the real world.

But what about when the distribution of food comes into being?

But you already are a retard. Plus, rural life is far superior and healthier, cities only breed schizophrenia, arrogance, and leftist idiocy.

>If I spend my day doing drastically ineffective labor society would be better
You can already be a shitty low skilled labor in today's society. Doesn't mean you deserve a $3000 computer and a high speed internet connection.

Admit it, all marxist shitheads want is free shit. You want the pay of a high skilled laborer while doing the labor of a retard, society will just love them just for existing, and the system will dedicate itself to respect their pathetic existence. Also, you don't want to share the capital you'll seize with other nations of course. Africa will have to keep shipping you raw resources and goods while they will not receive your income. Because you obviously didn't do a revolution to make yourself poorer by sharing everything with dumb niggers that have 10 children each.

In reality, when there's a totalitarian system in place, they would rather wipe their cities clean of your degenerate lazy ass. Only good thing that communism has done was exterminating faggots like you by the bulks.