You do support the physical anime industry, don't you user?

You do support the physical anime industry, don't you user?

Other urls found in this thread:

otakujournalist.com/where-your-crunchyroll-dollars-really-go-an-interview-with-the-ceo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nope.

I buy a physical copy of about 1 in 50 of the shows I watch

I buy Gunpla, and I own the entire origin collection. I'll probably import the SamFlam BDs once I get back from the third world country I'm going to have to stay in. Probably Concrete Revolutio too.

>dub

Yes. I support the anime industry through Crunchyroll and you should too. If you're pirating anime then you're killing the anime industry. Stop that.

>spending money
What a sucker

I specified physical not digital.

>he thinks buying localized shit supports the anime industry

but i do

>Crunchyroll
>Supporting the industry

Yeah, I buy every volume of Naruto, Bleach and One Piece and I make sure to buy all the latest BD dubs of my favorite anime series like Sailor Moon and Cowboy Bebop.

If you aren't buying dubs or paying for Crunchyroll, you are literally killing anime.

>all those shit shows
>fucking R1 releases
You do make me laugh, user.
I remember downloading a Blood+ DVD-rip that had what I assume are the official dubtitles ?
It was literally unwatchable and I had to look for
old fansub releases to even watch the show. Why would people want to support such an industry ?

I would if the BD prices weren't fucking absurd.

Yeah, I do

Nah, I spend all my money on anime character-shaped plastic instead.

100% piratefag here. I live in Europe, so it doesn't concern me anyway because >lol, regioncucked,
but why would paying for a Crunchyroll subscription not count as support for the industry in your eyes ?

If the industry had respect for me as a consumer they wouldn't artificially inflate shipping and packaging price in an attempt to rip off Western weebs. Clearly they don't have respect for me so I'm not going to humour them with my patronage. The only time I'd buy anime merchandise (buying physical media in this day and age is just stupid so I mean figures and shit) is if I actually went to Japan but I've heard it's a shithole and way too expensive. So no I don't support the industry, user.

I live in Japan but I still pirate from nyaa. If I can get it for free, then I'll get it for free.

I got Lain for Christmas. It was only in local languages and the text was big and pixely, but the worst, episode 11 was heavily censored. Almost half was cut, all the conspiracy theories removed.

Also got some K-On for Christmas. The menu system didn't work, the text was ugly yellow, and the subs were weeaboostyle, inferior to most recent fansubs.

So buying anime seems to be a bad idea, what you get is inferior to when you pirate. It's also expensive, which may be the biggest reason compared to free piracy. But my bad experiences limit my want to wish any more for Christmas.

Also went to the library for some anime, but I couldn't get the DVDs to play.

Yer probably getting a bootlegged copy

Where'd you order the Bakemono box set? I wanna get one

You're an idiot.
Go ask the buyfag thread how much they usually pay for shipping some BDs.

Blogging about movies you've never even opened

Buying plastic figurines is not equal to buying anime. Buying anime encourages production of good anime, regardless of content. Buying figurines only encourages commity written anime with as many, as cliche waifu-bait characters as possible. Pretty much none of the classics could have been made in the business model you support by opting for figurines instead of discs.

Explain Gendum then

Crunchyroll is more of a hindrance to the industry.

Crunchyroll basically spits on the foundation of Western anime consumption. 10-20 years ago there was no alternative, we had to pirate shows otherwise we didn't watch them. Japan didn't give enough of a shit about us to properly import stuff, so we had to resort to bootlegging and early illegal downloads. All of a sudden the industry realised what we were doing because there began amassing a large vocal community in the West in the form of conventions, clubs and more imports of figures and other merchandise. Suddenly this whole new market was opened for them and they didn't even have to do shit. Crunchyroll and all of these "legitimate" streaming platforms saw this, and are now attempting to create a monopoly on the industry in the West. Crunchyroll gets shows early to manually sub or get sent subs directly from the studios/licencors which basically nullifies fansubs, the thing on which the fanbase in the West was built. This is even beyond the fact that Crunchyroll was found directly ripping subs from fansubbing websites and putting it behind a pay-wall on their website. Crunchyroll is the shiteating middleman trying to stop you from enjoying the anime you want, they're like car salesmen but in a world where you can't buy a car used. They're a cancer that will eventually kill the industry due to disinterest from the West.

from Rightstuf

No but I will buy BD's when I learn japanese. Might buy a japanese BD with subs before that also.

That seems to be an extreme case, but generally speaking, if you're buying an official localization, you're getting a product inferior to fansubs.
I'd say it's been this way for like 15+ years too. Honestly, I can't even fathom how anyone could buy official localized releases.

I dunno about that. I don't think the user you replied to is from an english-speaking country.
I've seen shit in official releases that you think wouldn't fly even in a bootleg.
The industry's been shit forever.

There are really few shows on crunchyroll outside of the current season

Holy shit my man, just enjoy anime. It's not important.

> Buying anime encourages production of good anime, regardless of content
But what if I buy shitty anime?

> Buying figurines only encourages commity written anime with as many, as cliche waifu-bait characters as possible
But what if I buy figurines of Captain Harlock?

Anime and plastic figurines has always been tied together

> Pretty much none of the classics could have been made in the business model you support by opting for figurines instead of discs.
Except, you know, all the mecha that were primarily made on that exact model. And most of the other classics still weren't made on the home-media media primarily, because VHS sales were fucking miniscule and they supported themselves through ratings and merchandising and source material sales.

>If the industry had respect for me as a consumer they wouldn't artificially inflate shipping and packaging price in an attempt to rip off Western weebs.
>only animey industry is ripping me off on shipping and packaging costs!
>10 € priority shipping for BD
>how dare thee!

>middleman
>monopoly
>Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200

No, and that anime industry has made it abundantly clear that they don't want my support.

> Pretty much none of the classics could have been made in the business model you support by opting for figurines instead of discs.
What sort of bizarre idea of the industry's history do you have?

This for poorfags.

Reminder that the higher the view count a show gets the more money goes back to its studio.

I'm unironically enjoying Crunchyroll right now. I couldn't find any torrents that would download for a few shows I want to watch that they happen to have and it's much better than free streaming

Why would you support an industry that has contempt for its western consumers, has subs that are less accurate than most fansubs (Commie and a few others obviously excluded), sells upscales that are worse than Coalgirls and consistently tries to sell you shitty dubs where the voice actors don't even seem to understand what is happening in the scenes they're voicing?

Congratulations, you're fucking retarded.

Kill yourself, you retarded newfag.

Well what else am I supposed to do? Not watch the shows I couldn't download?

I'd rather use kissanime than crunchyroll

Not him, but name these fucking shows. I'm 99.9% certain I can find them within 30 seconds.

You fucking find the torrent. There is nothing crunchyroll has that's not available.

>he doesn't have an AB account

yes

>Well what else am I supposed to do?
Ending yourself.

What shows couldn't you find? I'm sure if you type the name and bakabt you'd find it before your fucking video buffers faggot.

phoneposters should be instabanned

>I couldn't find any torrents
You're a fucking retarded faggot.
Any of the shit they have on Crunchyroll can be found elsewhere. You must be torrenting your anime off TPB.

The amount of money that goes back to the studio is negligible compared to the money that the shows make in Japan. You aren't helping anyone except the shitty NA dub industry by paying for Crunchyroll.

Someone I knew gave me a Crunchyroll pass, so I decided I would try it, and they don't even have both subs and dubs for the same show. Any show that has a dub, they'll prioritize a dub. Do you know why this is?

It's because they know their audience. They know their audience loves dubbed anime and loves paying for shit.

You can't use an excuse for not using torrents if you only have a phone either, there are ways to torrent on both android and iOS. I bet you didn't even check nyaa

You're retarded, meow

Come on user, we're all waiting for you to show how retarded you are, which shows "couldn't you find"

I wish I could, no job=gotta keep pirating. I'll pay for them later though. Regardless of if I liked a show or not.

Yeah, that has been my impression too.
As someone who grew up on fansubs and piracy I hate how they act all high and mighty and flip a shit
every time some illegal streaming site or fansub pops up. Fact: If it wasn't for us "pirates", they wouldn't even be around today.
I also hate how anime as a hobby and culture has been commercialized.
Back in the day it was all just fans bringing the hottest shit to the west for free out of pure enthusiasm. Compared to that, the current model feels really cynical.

But I watch CR-rips sometimes (HorribleSubs), so I would be lying if I said that it isn't at least watchable.
And as long as the creators are given a fair share of CR's revenue (I have no idea if this is actually the case), I am ok with CR being around.
It feels cynical to have what are basically monetized fansubs around, but they're certainly a lesser evil than the publishers of old, like ADV, Funimation and such.

>image.jpg
Sasuga Crunchyroll.

>Regardless of if I liked a show or not.
Why?

Though I'm right there with your about no job

Fuck off faggots, I looked everywhere and I couldn't find a batch of Cross Game.

> The amount of money that goes back to the studio is negligible

Source ? Figures ?

Confirmed troll. There are batches with seeders on fucking nyaa.

Kill yourself. This is not a meme.

>Does not use AB.

what sound does cats in japan make, user?

>AB
Nigger, it's on both nyaa and BBT, not to mention the subbers' sites.

I figured, well, if I didn't really like a show but finished it I suppose the earned their money from their work and should get *something* out of it. If it's a bad show (sloppy animation, bad writing, a series to just exist and fill a slot basically) I would've probably dropped it and I won't pay for that. Not much of a good reason but, I like supporting the industries that produce what keeps me entertained usually.

Not that user, but is there any way to search for bbt torrent without having to register?

Good point

I bet the whole shelf is worth less than one of my R2J box sets.

It's called Google, you nigger.

I would buy far more than I do if I could afford it. I've only been able to but all of NGE, EoE and the Rebuilds, Jojos, and Bebop. Its rough being a weeb and a poorfag

You don't need a source. They wouldn't have to hide the exact percentage of the revenue that goes back to the companies in Japan if it was actually a good amount.

Just about all of the money that the Japanese anime industry gets from Crunchyroll is in the original purchase of the shows. Crunchyroll has gone out of their way to hide the exact percentage of their revenue that goes to industry exactly because they know that if a real number gets out, nobody will support their shitty scheme.

You only need to look at their business model to know that they don't have any morals, they steal fansubs from fansubbers and they claim them as their own, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm probably retarded, thanks user

I can't believe they're going through with dubbing Gintama.

If Crunchyroll really is that useless, then why did Kadokawa bother to partner with them?

Because they're the only source of western anime that your average reddit poster will use. What is popular is accepted and endorsed, regardless of their exact policies.

That's literally the first things I'm gonna get
You buy from Amazon?

purrrrrrr

Lurk more.

> The more a show is viewed the more money goes back to the studio that made it.
> otakujournalist.com/where-your-crunchyroll-dollars-really-go-an-interview-with-the-ceo/

> > b-but The amount of money that goes back to the studio is negligible
> Source ?
> > You don't need a source

Worthless opinion then. Not only you're uninformed, but you try to push your bs at any cost, even at the expense of your credibility.

My local Walmart will randomly get in really good shit for no apparent reason. JoJos, Bebop and all the Rebuilds were bought at walmart, Psycho-Pass, Blue Exorcist, EoE and NGE were all Amazon

thanks

Totally not a biased source at all!

>otakujournalist.com
>interview with the CEO
and this is somehow credible? i don't understand how you can be this retarded

Does buying music CDs count as supporting the industry?

> You don't need a source

Stopped reading there, sorry

Yeah no problem bud. I recommend Amazon over physical stores. I bought the first half of Psycho-Pass at Vstock and it was $48. Second half on Amazon was $30. Walmart also fucks you over pretty bad, any 2 cour anime gets split into two sets both at $30

Where in that blog does it mention any exact percentage or even an estimate of how much money goes back to the studios? Even putting aside the fact that some blog is not a credible source, not providing any specifics is exactly what makes Crunchyroll so suspicious.

Unless there is an official statement from Crunchyroll on their website or some kind of proof that your delusions are correct, there is no reason to believe that that they are giving back to the industry in any significant amount.

If you were writing your PHD, would you use unconfirmed information from a blog? No, because a blog is NOT a source.

There is no credible source that has information one way or the other on the specifics of Crunchyroll's contributions to the industry. There is no source, and that is why I would never consider supporting them. Is that so hard for you to understand?

How would know anything about a contract between two companies if you refuse to get information from both these parties ?
Make it up, like you did?

I buy a lot of rare doujin, does that help?

CR employee detected. CR shills love to lie and cry about piracy in vague and convenient arguments. Worst of all, the retards claim that buying stuff that's actually worth money from Japan helps less than buying a subscription for their shit quality Web streams.

I refuse to buy anything more than manga. I don't really want to pay as much as it is for a BD anyway, but for International shipping to up the cost a bit, customs charges of around a quarter of the cost of the actual disc and even worse Parcelforce might take your shit into their depot and ask for more money as a storage fee.

Fuck that.

What I'm saying still has more thought put into it than what you are saying. I'm looking at the circumstances surrounding Crunchyroll, and your only source is a blog post. I don't think anyone could call your argument coherent.

Why don't you post something from ANN next?

I only buy manga too, since it is the direct work from the mangaka itself. Have you try tenso shipping before? I heard it's cheaper. Atleast i got a stack of doujin with just 8 usd shipping cost

Im doing my best

How could an answer in an interview be biased ? did you even open the link ? are you retarded ?

> back up claim with interview of CEO
> delusion

> make up unsubstantiated void statements
> not delusion

The delusion is real

M-me too, user

Do you have trouble reading? I'll help you.

>There is no credible source that has information one way or the other on the specifics of Crunchyroll's contributions to the industry. There is no source, and that is why I would never consider supporting them.

>Where in that blog does it mention any exact percentage or even an estimate of how much money goes back to the studios? Even putting aside the fact that some blog is not a credible source, not providing any specifics is exactly what makes Crunchyroll so suspicious.

Your decision doesn't really effect me either way, I'm not going to use Crunchyroll, and you can keep paying to watch One Piece and Naruto.

>How could an answer in an interview be biased ?
By being biased ? Obviously the CEO of a company would want to give a favorable impression of his company.
And how do you know that shitty blog isn't just some sockpuppet shill ?
Are YOU retarded ?