So...

So, another user finished dumping the whole original series of Saint Seiya () in a series of threads over the past month. Inspired by that, I'm going to dump all of Gash Bell, AKA Zatch bell, since it's a criminally underrated series.

I'll be making a thread roughly around 5pm EST every day (Starting early todayf), and will post 1 volume every day until the whole run is posted..

Please refrain from making lengthy posts till I finish the volume in each thread (short replies to pages are fine), and don't post images at all till then, so the image limit isn't hit till i'm done.

Other urls found in this thread:

n-u-l-l.net/
mega.nz/#!2EUw2IrT!tIqXfxwxQ79x-wV6an-an-aMe6hQ3cMlsRore5junxI
youtube.com/watch?v=-dI6fLQzqFs
youtube.com/watch?v=GkSiVYM_tQg
youtube.com/watch?v=SPZn4p6cVPo
youtube.com/watch?v=0GhoBfNUqis
youtube.com/watch?v=ylrtHz4qgO0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What is Gash Bell, and why should I care>?

Gash bell is a Shonen action/comedy series by Makoto Raiku. The basic plot premise is that there are 100 kids from the demon world who come into the normal world to fight until only 1 is left standing, who is crowned king.

You should give a shit about it because it has fantastic art, great humor, really good fights with great choreography that are won by tactics and planning, (for the most part), and has a lot of legitimately emotional scenes which help make the what would otherwise be generic power of friendship stuff seem genuine, since it brings characters out of legitimately depressing and sad circumstances.

>Where did you get the scans from?

The scans are from Null's release of the series, which can be found on Mangasaurus, Bato,to. Their site is: n-u-l-l.net/

As far as I know, these are the best quality scans of the manga in English. I know there's a few chapters of the Faudo arc done by a Portuguese group that have even better quality/higher resolution, but that's in Portuguese and not even the whole arc is at that quality level.

Ebookjapan has the whole series purchasable digitally in japanese at a superior resolution and quality then the scans i'm using, but nobody has ripped them yet (I plan to eventually once I can afford to).

>Hey, wait, you said Zatch bell? So this is that shitty pokemon rip off, right?

Gash bell got localized as Zatch Bell in north america around a decade ago, primarily with the anime being the big draw. The thing is, the anime is shit, even the original japanese one. It's santized compared to the manga (especially the localized version), and it outright cuts out the entire last arc. I assure you the manga is way, way better.

But admittedly, it starts out pretty rough, and most of what I said before about the reasons why it's good won't really be true untill a pretty good ways in, especially the art.

If any user has some suggestions of how I can condense the FAQ, i'd apperciate it, BTW.

I'm kind of shit at wording things

Readers may want to keep the designs of these chess pieces in mind, they might show up again later...

I remenber reading posts highly praising this serie around here.
Good luck for the dump.

It admittedly starts out as a pretty generic shonen series. It'll be a full arc in before it really starts to get good. Not that the first 70 chapters are bad, but it's just not as remarkablee.

>Gash Bell
Aw shit nigga

Geez these scans start out really rough. It gets better later on I swear.

Also I hope I don't get banned for these pages

This isn't lewd I swear

>you will never be minding your own business when a naked shota riding on a hawk shows up at your window to go on an adventure with you to be the best there is

Please do not sexualize the Gash

>implying there's anything sexual with what I said
He was naked and they do go on adventures.

"Unu" is apparently one of those speech mannerism's in the japanese language that doesn't translate to other langauges.

I'm not entirely sure what it means, but in the series it's remaked later that Gash speaks in a regal manner, which that's an example of, so...

The wiki also notes

> in the original version, Zatch often ends his sentences with "(na) no da", an expression of emphasis.

Good luck dumping all that shit. Must be so dull. Have a star ⭐

I'd actually like somebody who into's moon to clarify that for me, since I plan on typsetting and editing better scans of the series myself in a few months and i'd like to be able to include a translator note on it.

It gives me an excuse to rattle off random trivia about the series so it's still fun.

I just hope people actually read the whole thing as I post it.

As someone who dumped shit before, people are always reading as you dump. Don't worry. Feels lonely as shit in these threads but you are not alone. See you

That's because those were color pages so they take a toll. Hope you dump the entire series user, I'll be following.

About the FAQ, I think you should just write something short describing the series like what I used in the OP of Saint Seiya, otherwise it's just too much text.

Well, it's not just the color pages, really.

The rest is a lot cleaner though. Darker pages are mostly the color ones.

Yeah, but I mean relative to the Faudo and Clear note arc scans, which are fantastic.

>my son is kind of a total faggot, so go there and fix him up
Best dad

Man, Kiyomaro used to be a total cunt.

yep

He is a cunt for the majority of the first volumes

>fuZAKERUna
Bravo Makoto

I'd have to see the actual line in Japanese, but most likely it's referring to using the negative form -nu instead of -nai, which is a lot more formal.

You should put
>Konjiki no Gash!!

as Subject in the OP

I'll add it to the template

Are either of you the SS dumper? I might actually need to leave in an hour and I might not be done then. If that happens, i'd really apperciate you finishing up volume 1 for me. The rar of it is here

mega.nz/#!2EUw2IrT!tIqXfxwxQ79x-wV6an-an-aMe6hQ3cMlsRore5junxI

Would it really have been that hard to just Google "Gash" before making it the name of your main character?

It's a japanese series, user, do you go and google the word of something you wanna use in other languages before you decide on it?

That was one hell of a way to start a new series

Anyways, this early on, a lot of the power of friendship and bullying stuff seems cliche, but the series gets really adept at making legitimately sad circumstances that hit you in the gut, and then using friendship as a theme to lift characters out of the despair.

Next volume has the earliest example of it being pulled off really well.

I will never forget the dream chapter Kiyomaro has near the end

I always thought it was funny how Gash had very distinctive voice actors both in English and Japanese.

In the original he has the same voice as Chopper and in the dub, he's voiced by Jimmy Neutron. It was weird as fuck.

It's not near the end, really, it's right at the end of the third arc/start of the 4th/final arc.

But yeah it's pretty ridiculous.

I read all of gash's line in his english voice. Or my memory of his english voice, anyways, I went back and listened to it and in reality it's not as good as I remember it.

Kio suffers from it even more.

Speaking of the anime, i'd post OP's and music like the saint seiya dumper did but I don't into the anime that much because the manga is just so much better

Suzume was so great that I almost felt bad that she had no chance to get Kiyomaru

I always loved the DYNAMIC SPEED LINES in the art that the anime couldn't really capture that well. It's just so intense

This page always reminds me of that one page of Jojo: DiU with Enigma when the gun comes out of the folded paper

>Gash's fucking face

You'll see this face and these eyes on Gash a lot in the series from here on out.

It even becomes a (very minor) plot point.

>he anime is shit, even the original japanese one.
The insert songs are GOAT though.
youtube.com/watch?v=-dI6fLQzqFs

God I can't wait till I have the time and money to buy the EBJ scans, rip them, and edit it so there are better scans for the first two arcs.

I'll def be posting this and Very Melon when relevant, yeah. .

Only those?
What about coral Q and boing baby?

I didn't even know coral Q had a song in the anime

Maybe you should post all the good shit for me since you know the anime better then I do

I don't know who decided to make a bunch of songs for Gash Bell but they needed a raise

They really deserve it.
youtube.com/watch?v=GkSiVYM_tQg
youtube.com/watch?v=SPZn4p6cVPo
youtube.com/watch?v=0GhoBfNUqis
youtube.com/watch?v=ylrtHz4qgO0 (chi chi wo moge belgimu EO edition)