Was 2016 a really shit year for anime? There was nothing we will be talking about next year...

Was 2016 a really shit year for anime? There was nothing we will be talking about next year, just a bunch of mediocre time-wasters.

Erased was probably the best anime of this year but still mediocre at best

Pretty much, When the show everyone is whacking it over is RE:Zero you know you got a shit year.

new game.

>Konosuba
>Rakugo
>Anne Happy
>Kuma Miko
>New Game

Woah, so bad!

3gatsu
Flip Flappers
Gundam Thunderbolt
Hibike 2
In This Corner of the World
Kizumonogatari
Koe no Katachi
Mob Psycho
Rakugo
Yuri on Ice
Much better than last year.

Only spring was a let down, winter and summer are fine.

You just proved OP is right.

Yeah, those animes are good, but nothing that must be remembered.

>shows that haven't aired and movies you haven't seen
You got a time machine, m8?

>Rakugo
>Konosuba
>New Game
>Sansha Sanyou
>Mob Psycho 100
>Amanchu

And the ones that haven't aired yet

>Koe no Katachi
>3gatsu
>Hibike 2
>Yuri on Ice

get lost OP, your taste is shit

Anime is a mediocre time-waster.

Spring>Fall>Winter>Summer

All the anime named in this thread are shit that will be forgotten about before february 2017, and are literally proving OP's point

Seriously?
>Mob Psycho 100
>Konosuba??
>New Game???
>RE:ZERO ??????

Seriously, think about it honestly to yourself, will YOU ever re-watch those anime once they're done? Will you even think about them ever again?

2016 will be a forgotten year for anime.

>implying Rakugo, despite being good, was memorable in any significant way
>implying Mob, despite being good, would be noteworthy if it wasn't for the animation
>implying Amanchu, despite being good, isn't a huge step down from the Aria franchise
>implying Konosuba, Sansha Sanyou and fucking New Game belong in the same sentence as Rakugo, Amanchu and Mob
Try harder.

I've watched Rakugo 3 times now and rewatched Concrete Revolutio so you're full of shit

>tfw haven't watched airing anime for almost three years

>I've watched Rakugo 3 times now

what the fuck?

(you)

>ConRevo
>waste a bunch of episodes in mediocre, forgettable episodic stories like the one with the soldier or the one with the Olympic jumpers and then rush the end into a non-satisfying mess
Try harder.

He's right though, (you) won't be watching those anime again after they're done, you won't be making threads about them, you'll probably forget they even existed after a couple months and only really recall them when their name pops up on obscure anime lists.

>implying god:zero isnt aotd

>implying Mob, despite being good, would be noteworthy if it wasn't for the animation
Considering that animation isn't the only thing good about it, yes it would.

That's just you projecting onto other people.

It isn't the only good thing about it, but the visuals are the only noteworthy thing about it.

2016 isn't over yet though
There's still Euphonium S2 and Flip Flappers to air this Fall

good thing *

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Re:Zero is certainly the best anime of the whole medium.

Mob Psycho isn't even popular now, how the fuck will it be 'remembered'?

Konosuba will have a second season it won't be forgotten that easily, people still make megameme threads.

Define remembered.

The premise was that 2016 had nothing but "mediocre time-wasters" to offer. You admitted yourself that Rakugo is good, it doesn't have to be memorable. So what's that about trying harder?

We have Danganronpa 3 going on right now

>Konosuba
>bad
You are a special kind of retarded, aren't you? You must be that fag that thinks it's like Danmachi.

The animation and visuals have some QUALITY moments and the jokes weren't that funny. Plus the main females are annoying as fuck.Except darkness, she's alright.

>Likes Rakugo
Oh hey cool I-
>Likes ConRevo enough to rewatch it

Her joke got old in the same episode she appeared, she was funny in the last two episodes though.

You're god damned right I'm going to rewatch Rakugo in preparation for the 2nd season.

Same for MP100 im-fucking-plying

Considering that the studio allocated such a low budget to it thinking it would tank, it did pretty good animation-wise. Also, you must have a terrible sense of humor.

Hibike S2 alone makes this a worthwhile year

There's also Rewrite for me personally, which I waited for 4 years to finally got an adaption. I don't even care how shit it is, I'm forcing myself to enjoy every moment of it

I think 2016 was a bad year. We haven't had a really good year since 2011.

I agree, anime has been pretty shitty since K-On invented moe in 2009.

Of course. I assumed OP did too, since he's judging the entirety of the current year and talking in the past tense.

but Hyouka and Jinrui wa aired in 2012

Flying Witch AOTY

In 2014, 2015, and 2016, there have been less than ten shows each year I would rate 8/10 or above. I think I need to stop watching anime.

2012 was better than 2011. I don't understand the hype over 2011.

Anime has been shit since Evangelion you underage pleb

Madotards.

I think you need to have a better rating system

there's overall maybe 10 shows out of 200+ I watched that I would rate 8/10

>Man this was a shit season/year
>Anime was better in previous seasons/years
>Nobody will remember anything from this season/year after its over
>Only plebs actually liked [Popular series from this season/year]

Every season, every year.

You might be the one who needs to stop watching anime user

BUT IT'S DIFFERENT THIS TIME
THIS YEAR WAS ACTUALLY THE WORST EVER
THAT'S WHY IT'S OKAY TO JUDGE IT 2/3 OF THE WAY THROUGH

>I think I need to stop watching anime.

Depends on how many shows you bother watching per season. I usually average anywhere between 0-4 so watching anime's not a huge time investment for me. I read way more books than I have watched anime this year.

Maybe he needs to stop watching anime, but you need to stop browsing Sup Forums. Fuck off.

you need to watch shit shows to enjoy the good ones