Sorry for being lazy and not "doing [my] own fucking research"; but i have to ask:

sorry for being lazy and not "doing [my] own fucking research"; but i have to ask:

has it been proven with (((science))) that corporal punishment is overall more negative than positive when it comes to raising?

one of my "friends" is apparently some sort of psychologist and says that corporal punishment is largely BTFO by "positive reinforcement" e.g. you should already be leading people into behaving the way you want rather than reactively punishing them for getting into situations you didn't prepare for.

do you agree with this? is it already proven that corporal punishment is largely detrimental or is this something that is yet to be proven

Why can't you do both? Reward when its due, but punish when rules are broken.

You can punish them, but do not hit them. Take their rights away and "ban" them from your family society until they calm down/ learn their lesson. Make them sit in some dark closet or corner alone as punishment. Much more effective than hitting

Fucking leaf

You should support your kids, encourage them and teach them right from wrong. You do this and they step out of line. Yeah then you can "beat" them. I think as long as it doesn't go overboard and you aren't hitting them if they spill like a glass of milk or something like that it has its benefits.

I think its a fine line.
There's a lot of shitty cunts running around thinking they are owed everything and are hyper sensitive to "mean words" or regular criticism. And those would be all the liberals and sjws fucking up our world who never learned that if you fuck up you face harsh reprimands.

I plan to sit down with my kids when they do something bad and just simply ask them why they did it. Actually talk to them like I give a shit. More effective than just reacting with a beating IMO.

I say this because if I got into trouble, my dads first reaction was to just start hitting me. I got really angry sometimes that he even refused to listen to me. I love my dad still but I just don't have that personal connection I wish I had.

Yes, it's been proven by (((science))) done in Texas. Apparently spankees are 5 IQ pts lower than non-spankees. Data only, with the same data you could literally say niggers are dumber than whites (still not science).

However, given the lack of videos of teens and pre-teens getting spanked - there are kinda too many rape ones - it is safe to say that spanking is long dead and that the USA in general isn't 5 IQ smarter.

If you terrorize your kids then they will become instruments of terror themselves. The world is weak and needs more death and violence so the weak die and only the strong live.

It is only useful at an extremely early age before the child has verbal capacity.

>How dare you strike your children! That's abusive!
>Now give them these hormone pills that will castrate them for life and force them through difficult identity issues at an early age
>Yes, destroy all those social norms and confuse them for decades! YAASSS

Trolling aside, of course corporal punishment is mostly negative, it's negative reinforcement. It's supposed to be used to instill an idea of doing something "bad" that results in negative results. It creates negative associations with something. I do believe there are levels of negative reinforcement that should be used but don't go overboard... Positive reinforcement has been found to have much more positive effects and be a much stronger motivator.

If you beat someone for being gay, they will hate you more often than they hate themselves.

If you praise them for not being gay, they will more than likely try to be "less gay" to earn more praise.

People in the modern world need to learn that life is hard and a constant struggle. If you beat gays, chances are that they'll stop being gay because they'll start to recognize reality.

If your kid isn't scared of you, you've got parenting all wrong. You're literally THE problem. Some people need violence to get there but using violence all the time will make them lose all sense of fear in you and then you still are a failure in the grand scheme of evolution.

Quite the contrary, hitting a 3yo or even a 7yo is pretty useless as they don't understand what's going on and the pain distracts them. A single smack is needed if a distraction is wanted, like to make your toddler no longer want to run across a busy street. Only once the child understands everything that is going on is spanking going to be effective, but only up to a certain point. If you use spanking, you better be the flawless example else you'll lose all authority and become the problem.

>life is hard and a constant struggle
Talk for yourself nigger

>If you praise them for not being gay, they will more than likely try to be "less gay" to earn more praise.

Then they'll live miserably because you'll have spent 20 years of their life teaching them that the person to please is you. I don't mind trolling strangers, but if you do that to your own kid, I hope he murders you, literally.

t. weakling millennial nu-male who never had to experience reality. I don't think you'll be as bold when I'm tightening a rope around your neck after 3 months of torture.

>If you beat gay people, they will learn not to be gay
Spoken like a true failure at life. Do you beat women until they sleep with you too, chad?
You catch more flies with honey, asshole.

Your friend is right. Consider the use of sensory deprivation and stress positions

>I hope your child literally murders you for positive reinforcement
I think you don't know what "positive reinforcement" is. And what is wrong with a child wanting to please their parents? You sound like you're too afraid to have children of your own.

>You're literally THE problem. Some people need violence to get there but using violence all the time will make them lose all sense of fear in you and then you still are a failure in the grand scheme of evolution.

Wrong. If my kids aren't tough enough to survive my wrath, they don't deserve to exist in the first place. Natural selection, nigger. You're just a soft weakling who would quickly die without (((civilization)))

Physical punishment should be used in last resort.

I was provided an higher education than your and I have a life that I actually enjoy, not everything is around money here like in united states of israel

Keep talking all you want with that empty head, it doesn't change the fact that you're weaker than me and therefore you're wrong. "Arguments" are a jewish construct that go against strength. The only real "arguments" you need be concerned about are my fists.

So edgy.

maybe if your dad beat you a little more then you wouldnt be a degenerate faggot

>nigger.
speaking of, do you think black kids get hit more or less than white kids. and hows that working for them?

Yes, you fuckin moron. You don't even have to be a scientist to know that it fucks kids up.

Ask yourself this, would you ever, EVER allow yourself to be hit, berated, and abused by another adult if you had the power to stop it? If you didn't, and the punishment ensued, don't you think it'll fuck with your sense of being?

Multiply this by orders of 10 and that's how it affects kids. Even more tragic, it fucks them even more because the abusers are supposedly the ones that created, and cares for them, not some unrelated strangers.

Everyone I know who got their asses beat the fuck out of them during childhood has some serious mental demons, and have a lot of personal problems and vices, even if they are successful.

>leaf
>taking away rights

Sometimes it isn't a teaching moment. Sometimes the little fucker just deserves a whoop'n.

just say what is it. Whites respond better to it, PoCs don't - yet all negroid parents at the school I work at constantly say "Pushing the child if you need to blahblahbalh"

>5 whole IQ points
>Science denial on the grounds of "das racist"
You need to understand the reason why blacks have lower average IQs - it's because there are so many in other countries where they are not properly taught or lack education entirely. You're not looking good by denying science, just because an SJW reactionary shamed you for thinking.

>Spanking is dead in the US
Prove it
>But the US isn't 5 IQ smarter because of it
That's because IQ has basically nothing to do with how you treat your children, what the fuck.

You could be a mental infant and still love and care for your children to the best of your ability. You could be a super genius and still be an abusive asshole. What a noncomment you've made here. I just saw you shitposting so I figured you really wanted that (You)
>Make your kids scared of you
No, if your child looks up to you, they will work harder to earn your affection. They will strive for success in all the best ways.

Of course you want your kids to fear negative consequences too, corporal punishment doesn't have to be an absolute - it's an extreme and final measure. Basically, if your child is terrified of you, they'd have a much higher chance of wanting to kill you than you giving them a piece of candy for getting good grades.

>You need to smack your child to gain his attention
A sudden sound or a hand on the shoulder could work too, you know. I mean, it'd be a lot safer and less abusive than beating the shit out of a child that doesn't even understand why you're hitting them.

>Toddler is running across the street
>Instead of picking them up and telling them NO, just spank them on the spot
>It's fine if you both get run over, just a part of the learning process
>You need to be a flawless example or your child won't respect you
Bullshit. A child, especially an edgy teenager, will respect you more if they see you're NOT full of shit and are honest.

My homosexuality doesn't effect my life because I don't use it as a crutch but thanks for your concern, friend.

Kids are supposed to look into the future and be the future. They aren't tools that exist to make parents happy. If they live their life for something that's about to die, they should just kill themselves. Maybe if you quit living to make mommy and daddy happy you'd be less of a wimp and stop accusing others of your own weaknesses.

only one way to find out, try killing yourself next time you think about posting

You have a reading comprehension issue. If you're an adult, don't jump off a bridge.

I support the death penalty for pedophiles,
but our system is meant to produce convictions
for the non guilty too. It is flawed, it takes
years of court to carry it out, and ends up being
just as expensive as housing them.

It doesn't. The only scientific study to date on the subject is a collection of untested hypothesis based on datasets that say spanking "might be" the cause. Only a retard would let that fuck them up to begin with. The nice thing about it, is that if they don't get spanked, they're still retarded.

>Arguments are Jewish
No. They're a sign of civility and an effort to understand one another, without resorting to physical violence. If words fail and you devolve to slinging fists, then you better be strong or smart enough to win. If not, losing the fight (or your life) doesn't make you wrong. Winning a fist fight doesn't make you right or a better person. It also doesn't make your child love you.

>Wow my dad is so strong, he gets upset when people criticize him and beats random people up on the street - I wish I were just like him
Sure is a good thing you're LARPing.

This
The Rod where it is due & the Bone where it is due!

>>Spanking is dead in the US
>Prove it

Right, let me prove that something that doesn't happen doesn't happen...

HERE:

Pretty sure the guy're talking to is larping. If he isn't he should be locked up for good. He sounds like he's an mentally ill scum.

>No, if your child looks up to you, they will work harder to earn your affection. They will strive for success in all the best ways.

Fucking leftist scum, the world doesn't turn because you want it to. Kids who do that always come up short. Kids who don't think their God's gift to Earth. Luckily, my kids don't look up to me, they want to be better than I am. Hell, my 5yo wanted to fight me earlier and was super proud to hit me in the stomach (pretty hard too, I did well teaching him how to punch). Kids should be proud of themselves, parents should be proud of how their kids are evolving. You have it all backwards.

>You should kill yourself if you're not successful
No, because sometimes the world is wrong. If carpentry died tomorrow and my child worked his whole life to become a carpenter, I'd be fine with that because he'd be working a dead trait that no one has an interest in anymore. You would think that is bad business since "no one is interested anymore" but you'd be wrong. There will always be someone out there that wants hand-crafted something. Beer, antiques, art etc. Robots can't replace originality or passion. Money can't replace personal fulfillment.

You might be able to do a lot with money but if you're working just for money, there's a higher than average chance you're thinking more about the money than living and enjoying life.

>No, because sometimes the world is wrong

Snowflakes aren't welcomed here. Go melt on fb

>When a Nazi has more sense than a Canadian
What a time to be alive.

I'm not even gay ;^)
So no graphs on the decline of spanking because you're too lazy. Got it.
>Kids who strive to be better always come up short
???
>You have to think you're the best thing ever to be successful
No, that's how you step on others to achieve your goals. You should make people WANT to help you. Stepping on people only makes enemies.
>Kid knows how to punch
Nice. Nothing wrong with learning self defense. I hope he'll smack the shit out your mouth, when he gets bigger and you deserve it. And we both know that time will come.
>Kids should be proud of themselves
They should earn that pride first. Help them develop into someone better than you (real evolution), not afraid of you or living in your shadow.

You have a better chance at challenging the law itself than you do proving your own innocence. Even if you're guilty, the law can always be changed.

Why do you think those leftists you hate so much are always trying to decriminalize everything? Because if nothing is illegal, they can get away with actual murder.

Lowers iq and teaches kids that might is right and that justice is best subverted. The lesson must be learned through words, not pain, or it wont' be learned at all.
If the child is struck for stealing, he learns to hit those that anger him and that he should be sneakier in the future.
If the child is explained to, he learns that stealing violates the social contract and will ruin him in the long run.
If beating your kids worked, baby boomers wouldn't be such retarded cunts.

>So no graphs on the decline of spanking because you're too lazy. Got it.

The classic leftist fallacy. "Oh, you don't want to fund a 3 million dollar study for me? Gee, I guess I'm right".

Seriously, other than fallacies and making up your own statements and replying to them, can you actually try using logic just once?

Yes it is, and no it isn't.

Corporal punishment is bad for your child's development insofar as the punishment is barbaric and less then helpful. It stunts mental and emotional growth in early years, it can lead to violent tendencies and it just doesn't fucking look good. However, the fact that there is punishment is what provides the net gain in mental and emotional growth. The problem is people stop beating their kids and don't really replace beating their kids with any other really effective method. The child gets away with whatever they want seemingly without punishment, so they don't actually learn what's wrong with what they're doing.

I'm moving to abkhazia in 3 months. It's somewhere with decent-quality people and a distinct lack of kikes and niggers.

What about you though? We all know that you're not actually European, just a shitskin from a country that would earn you instant ridicule if you didn't hide it. You're likely from brazil, or another shitshin-infested hellhole, or even America for that matter. You're not fooling anyone.

You clearly have an intelligence issue. Not surprising given your classification as unfit. By the power vested in me by the Eugenics and Genetic Counselling Board, I sentence you to euthanasia. Please report to your nearest clinic so we can carry this procedure out.

I remember yelling at the maid because I wanted a glass of milk.

The door opened wide and guess who came to the room? Dad. And he beat the crap out of me.

That was the last time I mistreated a hard working decent person.

Thanks for teaching me a lesson Dad.

>weakling frantically attempting to justify his weakness and convince himself that he isn't subhuman

Pathetic. Strength is all that matters, so it isn't very surprising that you don't matter either.

>Why do you think those leftists you hate so much are always trying to decriminalize everything? Because if nothing is illegal, they can get away with actual murder

Well first of all, leftists are the ones passing most laws, asking for gun control and w/e bogus reasons to jail someone they find. Secondly, laws only matter if you get caught. Once you do, silence and sobriety go a long way. Most of the time, they know, but they have nothing. Only threats of jail and such only for them to tell your lawyer a week later that no charges will be brought against you. Leaving them with enough proof to catch you is extremely bad luck you you're dumb as fuck.

Niglets are weak and deserve to die. There's nothing wrong with violence against them.

if you never talk to your kid ever and then one day just decide they aren't behaving and beat the literal piss out of them then they might resent that yeah

Reminder that "feelings" and "emotions" are weak. Strength and raw intelligence are all that matter.

no its not true corpral punishment works much more effectively - however and sort of punishment that relies of social isolation is bad because it programs your child to respond to social pressure- and gives them abandonment issues - if you want to calm your child down as a punishment take them outside - i saw someone who put his child on the hood of his car - and sit (or stand next to) them

>corpral punishment works much more effectively
yup. my parents made a point of never punishing us when they were mad. we got the deserved beating scheduled for another day in the future. when that day came, we got just what we deserved, nothing more and nothing less.

i remember one time when i did something that could have ended with me being severely injured. the first thing my mom did was to check if i'm all right. then she told me "you've earned yourself amount X of spanking because you could have been severely injured, not because of the damage you've caused" and i knew what awaited me but i also understood why i deserved that spanking. needless to say i was very careful from that day on.

The few slaps sure did not hurt in retrospect.
Bavarian father, mind you.

I was physically abused until I was 15.

There's a difference between spanking and beating the shit out of your kid.

Don't beat the shit out of your kid.

The 2nd, 4th, and 5th replies are really spot on for good parenting.

But yeah...

Don't beat the shit out of your kids....