Is Serial Experiments Lain actually good or just something schizophrenics or deepfags hype up?

Is Serial Experiments Lain actually good or just something schizophrenics or deepfags hype up?

Other urls found in this thread:

cjas.org/~leng/lain.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Both, in all seriousness

I didnt like it, but I can see how deepfags would.
Nothing wrong with being a deepfag by the way

It's a very decent atmospheric anime

>deepfags
This term is fascinating, liking shows with some depth to them is considered a bad thing?

>truth
also, Lain is not cute. she is the antithesis of moe. the whole point of the show is that she has no interesting characteristics. she is bland, emotionless, and boring. this is done to contrast her with Wired Lain, which sets up all those philosophical explorations that deepfags jerk off to.

think it might be pretentious bullshit? spend a few minutes on Thought Experiments Lain. but only a few minutes, because that site spoilers the fuck out of EVERYTHING.

cjas.org/~leng/lain.htm

>-fag appended to the end of a term means it must be derogatory
lurk more

Reddit spotted.

>Lain is not cute

the use of "fag" as a suffix is not always demeaning. it is usually done to turn an adjective into a noun. some other people will use it as a method of self-deprecation. it is a way of identifying oneself, but without implying arrogance. a bit like black people calling each other "nigga".

eh... but without the racist overtones...

The connotation in OP is clearly negative though.

not necessarily

lurk more

>schizophrenics
The schizophrenics who like this show scare me desu.

>>>/leddit/

she is cute, but not in a visual way. there are actually attractive girls in the show. her classmates are all pretty cute. her sister is pretty sexy, if I remember right. Lain, however, is not. Lain stands apart from all them. again, she is not, and should not be, cute or the story would not work.

It's got direction, which makes it way better than most anime. Why don't you try watching a bit and decide for yourself?

>she is cute, but not in a visual way

its is a slight negative. Sup Forums is weird in that any attempt at self identification is derided. ANY. hence calling people "___fag", rather than using some slightly less loaded term. you might even see people referring homosexuals as "gayfags", which you would think is redundant.

I like Neuromancer more, but I probably wouldn't have read any cyberpunk if it weren't for Lain, GitS, etc, so I have to give 10/10 recommendations.

It's pretty cool when you're high

I think Lain is a bit too complicated for the casual audience. It's definitely very good and top tier cyberpunk though.