Give me one good reason why every single person working for the federal government shouldn't take a 10% paycut

Give me one good reason why every single person working for the federal government shouldn't take a 10% paycut.

They've enriched themselves so much at the trough of taxpayer money over the last few decades they've made Washington DC and its environs into a virtual real life "Capitol City" from The Hunger Games, despite the American people, who support their lavish lifestyles and decadence, having stagnant wages and a declining quality of life.

Why shouldn't these over-compensated pigs take a modest paycut to show the rest of us the endless party is over and they are going to get back to work as the modestly but fairly compensated "public servants" they used to be in better days.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mcf9CLMQuRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We ought to take away their special healthcare too

why don't you take a 10% paycut, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Even the military? I make chump change already lol

Trump is doing it.....he is taking a $1 salary for being President of the United States.

Not one other government "public servant" has done even a 10% cut, let alone $1 - even though many of them have millions.

Because his paycheque isn't coming from taxpayer dollars you stupid faggot.

I agree. But they're the one's that would have to implement that so..... yeah

Cutting OP's pay by 10% wouldn't save tax money, it would cause us to lose tax money. Government paychecks are made of 100% someone else's taxes.

What OP is not smart enough to say is that cost of living in DC is so high because the government will just pay people more money to compensate, which raises cost of living, so the government pays more. Same thing happens near military bases, but the military fucks on people who do it.

Same thing with tuition, guaranteed money means cost goes up.

Remove it from non military personal, and give it to military personnel.
/thread

Us government workers are overpaid by a factor of 10 op, not 10%.
Gov workers should make 90% less than they make now. Dont like it? Then quit and get a job in the private sector.

>What OP is not smart enough to say
*tips fedora for coming to OP's rescue after his ignorance deprived the masses of enlightenment*

I agree most are vastly over paid/under worked but I thought floating any bigger of a cut than 10% would seem punitive

Bump

I understand where you're going, but Government workers are paid shitty already. What actually needs to happen is there needs to be significantly less of them, which clearly defined organizational and hierarchical structures. That is to say, they all need to reorg and be cleaned up.

Anyone whose income cones from tax money shouldn't be allowed to vote. This means welfare recipients and government workers, including teachers, LEOs, firefighters, soldiers, etc...

I understand what you're saying (I think): Don't pay them less just cut the number of them considerably and keep the good ones who will then handle the increased work load and actually earn their money thru hard work... ?
Sounds OK to me.

Most federal employees don't make as much as you think. And their benefits aren't very good. Government contractors on the other hand are paid outrageous salaries. Still get shit benefits though.

then why is Washing DC and nearby some of the wealthiest zip codes in the US

bro they are poor as fuck lol.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mcf9CLMQuRQ

1) because they should take an 11% paycut.

They should be salaried higher so they are less inclined to lobby or be purchased

Why not a 70% cut?

I say fire all but 10% of them and give the last 10% a 90% pay cut.