So I'm watching Black Lagoon to complete my backlog. Things generally were fitting a semi realistic setting

So I'm watching Black Lagoon to complete my backlog. Things generally were fitting a semi realistic setting.

But then Roberta shows up and amps the power levels with her crashing into a steel crate from the roof of a car going at top speed without even slowing her down or injuring her in the slightest.

Like I'm fine with an elite killer but the setting has never shown literal super powered people until now. The flashback at the end doesn't even explain some reason like a experimental serum or something, she was a revolutionary and quit.

Roberta and her master were the first to give me a /ss/ fetish.

That's definitely true.

Roberta's Blood Trail was glorious, and it's not like the anime didn't already have plenty of super human characters, it's just that Roberta was a lot less subtle.

Roberta is a literal superhuman. At least when you watch the OVAs she comes out crippled.

In the manga shegets away with the bullshit unharmed. Fucking ridiculous.

I'd even go as far to say that if Revy went to Roberta's level of batshit crazy, she'd be just as ridiculous as her.

It makes no sense to me either, they decided to stick the Colombian terminator in there why?? We will never know...

Anyone with remote military training has a chance at becoming a superhuman, killdozer in the Black Lagoon universe.

She's as strong as Revy is

I know it's autistic to complain about more action in a action show but shouldn't limits be determined by the setting?

Black Lagoon is the anime version of a 90's action flick. Roberta is Hiroe's tribute to Terminator 2.

Now THAT is bullshit, but I still love it.

>Update never

And it's not something that ruins things for me. Like you said, it all really is 90s action movie but in anime.

I wouldn't mind if they went a bit sci fi and had her take some super soldier serum when she was a revolutionary "for the cause"

Or if not that at least have her be a badass the way the other characters do it, taking cover, dealing with injuries.

It's like if John Mcclain suddenly had Terminator durability, you'd be confused over it because everyone in the setting is a squishy human.

>It's like if John Mcclain suddenly had Terminator durability
>John Mcclain

Um, dude, kind of a bad comparison.

First movie he still bled and was vulnerable.

It's the sequels where he becomes an untouchable killing god who can take a helicopter down with a car and survive 10 story drops.

Him running through the glass while everyone else was trying riddle him up is still the tightest shit I have ever seen.

>>It's like if John Mcclain suddenly had Terminator durability, you'd be confused over it because everyone in the setting is a squishy human.

Roberta's Blood Trail fixes that a bit.

I just finished Roberta arc in the anime. For spoilers should I finish the series before watching the OVA?

Just finish the series, then watch the OVAs, you'll thank us for it.

Roberta's Blood Trail arc/OVA references a few tidbits of past stuff in the series. Not a whole, but as the series progresses things happen, characters shift attitudes, yadda yadda yadda. It's only natural to finish the main anime series before jumping into the OVA.

Cool thanks, I guess I made this thread mostly to see other opinions about her first appearance. Frankly she was badass and I love her design and relationship with the kid.

It's just confused me at first when I thought, "based of the series human limitations she should have died at least 3-4 times."

But again action flicks shouldn't be given too much thought.

How far does anime go? I need something to make me sad that this will never get finished again.

The OVAs are on a different level, they explain a lot but Roberta is turned up to 11.

>Roberta is turned up to 11.

I'm surprised she didn't have some sort of internal explosion from all those fuckin' pills she was guzzling down. That shit was getting crazy, I couldn't imagine her walking out of it unscathed.

When her master is not involved.

Is black lagoon the only show where it's really just the many good things in your 90s action movie but in anime? or in other words, extremely western influenced? are there any others?

i don't know if pic related is another good example, since it's a buddy cop subgenre, with gta-ish police chase style, though it's also more of a SoL starring two cakes.

First thing that pops to mind at the moment is Gunsmith Cats, but that's more of an 80's thing though.

The child twins were the ones that gave me that impression FAR more than Roberta ever could. That arc would have made more sense and been better if they were literally vampires out of nowhere.

As expected of Congolombia

She's my favorite. Maids being awesome is hilarious to me.