Many outsiders mistakenly think that the Amish reject technology...

Many outsiders mistakenly think that the Amish reject technology. It is more accurate to say that they use technology selectively. Televisions, radios, and personal computers are rejected outright, but other types of technology are used selectively or modified to fit Amish purposes. Amish mechanics also build new machines to accommodate their cultural guidelines. Moreover, the Amish readily buy much modern technology, such as gas grills, shop tools, camping equipment, and some farm equipment.

The Amish do not consider technology evil in itself but they believe that technology, if left untamed, will undermine worthy traditions and accelerate assimilation into the surrounding society. Mass media technology in particular, they fear, would introduce foreign values into their culture. By bringing greater mobility, cars would pull the community apart, eroding local ties. Horse-and-buggy transportation keeps the community anchored in its local geographical base.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ERgGE-BdCEo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Most Amish groups forbid using electricity from public utility lines. Electricity from batteries is more local, controllable, and independent from the outside world. In some settlements, for example, Amish use batteries to power lights on buggies, calculators, fans, flashlights, cash registers, copy machines, and typewriters. Solar energy is sometimes used to charge batteries, operate electric fences, and power household appliances.

Amish use of technology often perplexes outsiders. Why would God frown on a telephone? What sense does it make to keep a tractor at the barn but not take it to the field? Is it not inconsistent, if not outright hypocritical, to hire non-Amish drivers but refuse to own cars? And what could be the difference between 12-volt electricity from batteries and 110-volt current from public utility lines? These distinctions may look silly to an outsider, but within the context of Amish history they are important cultural adaptations that have helped to slow the pace of social change and keep worldliness at bay.

The Amish seek to master technology rather than become its slave. Like few other communities, they have shown the tenacity to tackle the powerful forces of technology in order to preserve their traditional way of life.

is having dumbass haircuts part of their beliefs?

LOL they look inbred

the bowl cut is the last implicit stand of whiteness

The amish beat their children and often rape their daughters. They're sub-human, stop romanticizing their bullshit.

Geeze even their women arn't that great. Are these the prettiest looking ones they could find?

And what's with their hair do the men have forehead fetishes?

this

They smell of shit too.

They are - literally.

>implying cletus here isnt the perfect european specimen showing off his uniquely European hair style
Why do you kid yourself

Tfw one of the only non kike controlled civilizations on the planet

Amish are pretty redpilled and have done a great job preserving their culture amongst the the most pozzed country of all time (USA). Although they still have a lot of problems.

Weird incest, child abuse, tons of anxiety and SSRI drugs on the women etc

t. Live in a highly concentrated Amish area

That is based

youtube.com/watch?v=ERgGE-BdCEo

they look like a society of dylann storm roofs

I saw an 8/10 amish woman last year. Most are not attractive though.

By non thirsty faggot standards she was a 5/10 im sure

"Guder daag Englishman, heard you had something to say about me."

>those forearms

That guy would fucking destroy me in a fight. Daily reminders that farmers are strong as shit, especially old school ones

Get off the computer, Yoder. God will smite thee.

>Amish are pretty redpilled and have done a great job preserving their culture amongst the the most pozzed country of all time (USA).
I have a lot of respect for them and their "culture".

My wife used to "Write" for a newsletter of theirs. They would all send in letters, and she would type them out. Each area seemed to have its own woman who was the town recorder. They would submit things about the harvest, and the dances. They were very close. They mailed letters in from all over the country...Ohio, Pa etc. I never read them, but it sounds hilarious. Talk of weather changes etc. It was fairly impressive way to communicate...and they have been doing it this way for decades. We act like facebook is great.....I don't. Amish Sup Forums is real.

One example involved the woman bitching about 2 other women being less humble than her, and it had to do with a certain way their dress was hemmed.

I mean like holy fuck. It was entertaining and insightful.....It was their monthly shitpost forum.

Their a circus act. Technology is synomious with civilization. So we essentially have a uncivilized freakazoids performing for us

I believe what you referring to is also called “old man strength”

The Amish was never a big deal for me. Oddly enough, they do in fact you a small deal of tech. Mostly lower end though. An air powered sewing machine was interesting to say the least. Like it was said, calculators, registers, hell, the most advanced thing a group I used to deal with had was an old Dos box they used for spreadsheets for invoices, payouts, and so on with an old dot matrix printer to make copies. Made a bit cash doing some odd repairs and what not. Hell, I used to walk off the jobs with at least 3 baked goods a week. The pies were fucking awesome and one woman made this pudding that I couldn't get enough of. After about 2 years of doing work for them, I had to move. As a parting gift for all my help and, let's be real, kinda cheap asking price, they gave me a beautiful handmade wood wardrobe with almost perfectly identical streamer trunk-like chest.

I still have them at my place.

i wish comfy bowl cuts like that were socially acceptable

So dylann roof was Amish...

so do amish people support the use of automatic weapons?

Goddamn you are one stupid motherfucker. Really, really fucking stupid. Just an absolute, total moron. Never breed.

Give it time! Everything comes round again!

That seems like an odd place to store a ballpoint pen

He looks like a college Marxist, but he actually has a future and a brain.

these guys are the only white people in ontario with a positive birth rate they basically run everything west of north bay to wawa

Do amish consider themselves american or apart from the nation as a whole?

Get out and meet some amish you smelly keyboard stroking faggot

bump even if its a leafpost

Hol' up. Dylan Roofe fanclub?

As with any religious cult, the cult comes first and country second. They aren't anti-american from what I've seen though, they have good interactions with the community. They just want to sell crops and chairs and shit.

Manure, which is a beautiful smell.

Electric clippers are also forbidden to the Amish, so thats why everyone has a bowl cut.

Did basic with a 50 year old farmer. Named Farmer ironically. He utterly wrecked us. The only advantage we had was healing. A mild injury at that age is a bitch, at 20 a rolled ankle is gone in a few days.

Imagine the satisfaction.
>sitting by the porch
>mail truck rolls by
>your shaking hands unravel the papers
>an ad for dominos. disgusting
>you say a prayer, there's the letter
> you open it
>opisafaggotisayeth

Word. They've even made a new settlement near Renfrew.

they live everywhere in the Americas from Canada to Argentina they can be patriotic as fuck they just shun technology . they are like the rest of us in every other way down to bitching about property taxes

In the late 80's I was paid $150 to fuck a hutterite women through a hole in a blanket while her husband waited outside.

This was at the colony near Lethbridge that used to (probably still does) sell awesome moonshine.

I bet my kid cut through those nutty inbreds like a hot knife through butter. Probably runs the place now by virtue of being able to focus their eyes in one direction.

>In the late 80's I was paid $150 to fuck a hutterite women through a hole in a blanket while her husband waited outside.
This isn't a meme.
I have an army buddy that thought HEY FREE SECKS.
Turned out to be pretty awkward.

>they use technology selectively
fucking cucks

Are you larping or do they really try to cut down on inbreeding like this?

No it's real.

>do they really try to cut down on inbreeding like this?
Yep.

Yea, they legit pay people to breed with their wives and shit.

Was she nasty af?

So are they, in a way, Christian rural quasi-Jews?

No

For making jokes about the people that killed his son? ... and all of his son's friends? and then destroyed all their follower's banks for 2000 years? Sure. Ok. I'm guessing not everyone would have a sense of humor about that.

Jew.

Yes, it is God awful

You mean their shitty way of life

As long as they don't let Tyrone have a turn to fuck up their racial lines, all is good.

Came here for this

I'm Pennsylvanian and the Amish are literally /ourguy/s. The Pennsylvania Dutch used to beat the shit out of Gypsies and Niggers who tried the steal their crops.

t.race mixing genetic garbage

Go back to fucking filthy niggers and gooks you useless race traitors.

2 of those girls would give you diamonds if they were using all the skin care and make up of the skank next door.

That's why girls wear makeup--- it ups their looks which improves the number of males that are attracted to them.

What you are looking at when you look at Amish women is what the women you see would look like if they didn't use so much products to look better. In other words--- a natural woman. Remember, in the natural world, most women are 4 to 6s, not 6s to 8s.

Nice qts, and (((they))) said Amish were ugly and inbred...

Awesome story bro.

It's apart of their plan to make people accept race-mixing. The Amish are basically Sup Forums-tier and are still pretty much against nonwhites. Plus they have a higher birth rate then even most African countries.

I would think it is more about vanity. Because you don't need electric clippers to have nicely cut hair.

Dat 1415 chic

>Amish Sup Forums
I really wish this was a thing

oh you guys

You retard.

Jesus calls non Jews dogs in the Bible.

What are their names Sup Forums?
Also check this 2

forgot pic

i just read abt them on wikipedia go peep it they may save white america, those birthrates are thicc, i bet they cucking shit only happens in canada no memes it just says there is only abt 1500 amish thats not alot they may be maximum inbred, in usa it says 100,000 to 200,000 over 100% percent growth shit they have been carrying us

it says american amish families are having 7 to 9 kids each

w e w