Uchuu Snekan Yamato 2202

>ctrl+f
>No Yamato thread.

Fucking hell Sup Forums, this is the best news we've had all year!

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-05/space-battleship-yamato-2202-7-part-theatrical-anime-project-premieres-on-february-25/.106122

>7 theatrical releases
>blu-rays go on sale same day as theatrical releases

Literally can't contain my boner

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iwLfcUEnQKs
youtube.com/watch?v=C3un2ju7e1M
youtube.com/watch?v=VY0ey0mukIY
youtube.com/watch?v=HiZ0kh00BwY
youtube.com/watch?v=SMD_BqsYFSA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtu.be/iwLfcUEnQKs

Teaser for those that can't be fucked to click the link

There was a thread, but it got archived not long ago.

Sup Forums is too busy discussing Re:Zero, Kyoani and other uninteresting seasonals.

>There was a thread, but it got archived not long ago.

Well fuck, guess I just missed it.

>Nobuyoshi Habara is directing the movies
Fucking hell, he's been on fire lately with Exodus. This should turn out really well.

I don't know shit about Yamato beyond the first story arc. Looking forward to this.

>Sup Forums is too busy discussing Re:Zero, Kyoani and other uninteresting seasonals.
Calm down, user. We got a nine hour slow thread, now followed by another thread, for the announcement of the airing date and some staff members. That's plenty.

We had one earlier today.

>Harutoshi Fukui writing
Into the trash it goes.

It was a great ride, but now it becomes shit.

Is it too hard to keep a working and winning staff?
Why the fuck did they do this?

Why does the Western anime community have to be so fucking shit now?

>No one cares about my shitty sequel to my shitty remake
>All anime fandom is bad

Secondaries....

>...

>Non-disco White Comet Empire theme
I wonder how similiar this would be to the season two of the original series. Since they show Starsha praying, I'm guessing that the Gamilias will be more involve than in the original somehow.

>shitty remake
>trying to call someone a secondary
Kill yourself.

Not really hype.

Granted I watched the remake anime which seems to be getting flak here, but I thought it was just mediocre. I'd rather rewatch LoGH any day.

Nice

Fuck season 2. The movie did everything right but Japan couldn't handle the ending so they stretched the movie out to two cours and changed the last five minutes.

>The movie did everything right
Top fucking kek. Also if you weren't such a fucking secondary you would realize that Yamato doesn't end in season one and the movie was just filler in between.

It's an idiotic shitposting ape who can't handle the fact that the remake was better than his favorite original in every conceivable way.

Just hide his posts. You can tell because he's like one of those Fate autists who keeps overusing the word secondary.

Second seasons mostly exist to ruin everything, and considering the maasive drop of quality with the movie, I'm not expecting much.

I don't remember much about the movie but season two wasn't bad, beside, if they follow the movie and ended it there we wouldn't have gotten space Not!Soviet and Not!US war in season three. Also, did the movie have the seven Andromeda-class ships fighting against the White Comet's capital?

>the fact that the remake was better than his favorite original in every conceivable way.
>the fact
Sup secondary

>the movie was just filler in between.
Normally if you make a filler you don't end it in a way that rules out further sequels.

>The movie did everything right
In the Bizarro dimension.

Do you think the second season handled it better?

This is possibly a better troll than the "secondaries" guy

She'll get more roles, right?

The remake is for similar sort of plebs who like K-On.

how cute, you think the Very Special New Character from a standalone movie will be seen again!

Oh nice, I loved 2199.

Will they add female members to the marines?

We already saw one from the Celestial Ark movie already. I hope the marines get to fight some ground combats in 2202, they didn't really do much in the original except cause problems on the Yamato.

Can a man not dream for dreams?

Just finished LotGH, wanted to start Yamato, anybody got an autistic viewing order?

Just watch 2199.

Who else loves the OST in 2199?

youtube.com/watch?v=C3un2ju7e1M

youtube.com/watch?v=VY0ey0mukIY

youtube.com/watch?v=HiZ0kh00BwY

I assume you mean the 70's series right?

Either watch it in release order (with the original) or start with the remake. Both are worthwhile in their own way.

That's good and all.

But that means we have to wait six months and longer for the BD release and subs.

Per movie.

Fuck.

>youtube.com/watch?v=VY0ey0mukIY
Can't wait to hear more of this in 2202.
2199 is the remake. The original is just call Space Battlesihp Yamato. If you want to watch the original then just watch the seasons and movies in order of release.

No, I mean 2199 that aired in 2012.

How do I into this? Can I just watch the movies or what?

I haven't seen the movies, but the show version is excellent.

So? It's basically the same as the first season.

Watch 2199 first then the movie. The movie is set before the last few episodes of the series.

Shame Izubuchi isn't directing it, but we'll see what Habara will do.

Okay, downloading 2199 OVA series now.

The movie is 2199 Yamato something something celestial ark, yes?

Aye, Odyssey of the Celestial Ark.

>Harutoshi Fukui
Why?

Part of me is really excited because 2199 was absolutely amazing, but the other part of me feel like this sequel is completely unnecessary.

Hope it's good.

Was there a live action?

There was a Space Battleship Yamato live action movie, aye, completely unrelated to 2199 and an extreamly different plot than the original anime. It got nice CG though, the wave motion cannon firing was great.

It was like an amalgam of the original anime series (or the compilation movie) and Saraba Uchuu Senkan Yamato. I can recommend it.

>7 part theatrical anime

The fucking Madmen. Showing up Shaft at the IP milking game.

There were several massive changes from the original story though, particularly the relationship between Kodai and Shima, the Gamilas, and Iscandar. It really was more like a reimagined version.

2199 was also a seven part theatrical anime

True, but the main plot points follow the original story and the movie. The biggest difference between the original show and the live action movie is the nature of the Gamilus, but that just makes it so that you don't need to spare screentime on Starcia or villain characters other than Dessler.

Never knew this. Did it air on TV later or before and the theatrical releases were nice and polished up?

Who is going to upload 2202 since Nubles dropped off the face of the Earth? His 2199 encodes were good shit

1-16 first premiered in theaters in batches of 4 that were spread out over months. The final episodes aired on TV first then theaters and noticeably had lesser polish since they had to abide by a weekly broadcast

Aye, that's true. The way that they just shove in Dessler into the movie is still funny to me. Another difference would be the battles are a lot more flashy with lasers and fighters flying everywhere, though that might just be because they were using movie budget CGs.
There were theatrical releases first, the TV version aired later.

It went theatrical > blu-ray release > tv mostly, until the final movie/volume

The last one had to screen with about 10 minutes missing due to parts not being finished on time.

The tv airing which had just been the blu-ray version until that point also caught up, so there was a not polished version of 23-26 aired first, then finally fixed for BD

>Harutoshi Fukui

It was fun, there's no denying that.

Producer mentioned a year ago that the new series (in pre-production at the time) will use Yamato 2 as story basis but it will include, explore and develop themes from following original movies and series as well as expanding themes from 2199 and Hoshi-Meguru Hakobune.

After many years I still think boats in space is dumb.

Rule of cool. That's really all that matters.

And of course, keeping in mind it's origins are the early 70's. The wreckage of the actual Yamato hadn't even been found at the time.

It's why the remake and the movie changed the ships origins from "it's the actual Yamato restored and converted to a space ship" to "the old Yamato is just camouflage surrounding a newly built ship inside it"

Fuck yeah why didn't I watch this earlier

>expanding themes from 2199 and Hoshi-Meguru Hakobune.
So I'm guessing we'll learn more about the progenitor race and more human and Gamilias bonding.
Ships in space is the best, espically UNCF carriers. I hope we get to see a fully rebuilt and upgrade UNCF fleet, the Andromeda in the remake would be amazing to see.

>Original serie.

Remake.

body suit > dress

>not liking high panties

So do I get nubles? Some of the episodes on nyaa has no seeders.

Nubles seem to be the best, aye.

I thought Yamato ended perfectly. It's not same without Okita.

Nubles hasw no 1080p episodes 25 and 26.

Anyone with taste does.

>not linking the best song
youtube.com/watch?v=SMD_BqsYFSA

>theatrical release
>that looks no better than the average TV anime

If you think 2199 didn't look better than the average TV anime, then I highly suggest an appointment with the optician.

I'm hype as fuck. 2199 was AOTY of its year. It did everything right in my book, I really didn't expect that from a fucking remake, especially from Xebec.

And they really nailed the girls.

Never watched the second season, is it the same characters? I'd be okay with that.

Oh yeah, I never noticed that.
You mean the original season two? Aye, same cast except Okita because, you know. And a bunch of new characters from the Marines.

But it did and presumably will again.

On a related note, is there a term for these short-film series things, like this and Towa no Quon? They seem sort of like an adjustment for the death of the big-budget OVA market - short series of longer-than-normal episodes with production value somewhere in between TV-tier and feature-film-tier, you just air them in theaters now instead of releasing them direct to home media.

Yeah, I meant the original season two.

I hope they'll keep the pig, even though she's married

If she's not pregnant or have children by 2202 then I suppose she'll come back.

put space dandy and redline in your backlog too, if you haven't already.

freedom and sidonia are both worth a watch too if you can look past their ghastly art.

Is all the fanservice in this show because of Xebec?

The original had fanservice so it's only fitting.

The original had MORE fan service.

Remake had no pantsu fan service.

you LoGH fags are not Yamato's target audience, so chill out. Yamato, like other Leiji works, is for non-autistic people who have taste, but appreciate fun and know what 'space opera' means.
But if you do watch, please don't come back to our Yamato threads whining how shit it is because it's not a 16deep32u audiobook about some old geezer's historical husbandos.