Storytime: Konjiki no Gash!! AKA Zatch Bell

Continuing my dump of Gash bell.

Gash bell is a Shonen action/comedy series by Makoto Raiku. The basic plot premise is that there are 100 kids from the demon world who come into the normal world to fight until only 1 is left standing, who is crowned king;

I'll be making a thread every day (Usually around 5pm est, but this week i'm on a wonky schedule) and will post 1 volume every day until the whole run is posted.

Previous threads:
Volume 1:

Other urls found in this thread:

n-u-l-l.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Please refrain from making lengthy posts till I finish the volume in each thread, and don't post images at all till then, so the image limit isn't hit till i'm done.

>FAQ:

>Why should I be interested?
It has really fantastic art, good humor, great tactical fight's with great choreography and is really excellent at utilizing both positive and negative emotions for FEELS; but admittedly is a little rough for the first few volumes before the above really shines.

>Where are your scans from?
NULL's release. their site is here: n-u-l-l.net/ and they can also be found on bato.to and mangasaurus. EBJ has superior digital volumes for sale on their site, but they are japanese only, I'll be buying and ripping them eventually. There's also some really amazing quality Portuguese scans, but only for like 20 chapters halfway into the series, and, you know, aren't in english

>Isn't Zatch bell that kiddy pokemon ripoff?
You probably saw the localized anime. The anime is pretty not great, and the localization is fucking terrible. The manga is way better, but even it admittedly starts out only above average untill it gets into the second arc.

g.......gashhu......... u......er............MY.......FRIENDSHIP......... BAO zAKERUGUAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GASHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

nice meme

Also, since a lot of people (including me) will be calling characters by their localized names:

Reikomu = Reycom
Burago = Brago
for

Really love how Gofure is drawn on the bottom right here and in It's the sort of art quality that becomes much more common later on into the series

well, by "here" I meant pic related.

Rekt

I like Raikou's art. It's rough but has a certain character. Although some shots could do a bit with anatomy

I was talking about this spell earlier, people like to "faithfully" translate it as Gurabirei but the official localized name of Gravirei is obviously how it was indended to be read.

It gets a lot cleaner and better drawn the further into the series you get.

The two page spreads in the Ancient Mamodo Arc onwards are fucking breaktaking. I'd actually say the art is the best thing about the series once we get to where it's gud

Whoops, fucked up the page order, this should be between these two

Still hearing Jimmy Neutron's voice out of Zatch.

Help me.

Can't wait till we get to Folgore

so continuing from here

While I really like the setup of this fight with it being a 3 way battle between Gash/Kiyo, Brago/Sherry, and Gofure and whatever his human is called, I really dislike this part because it's just

>Our weaker attack is going to win now because PLOT

Thankfully this doesn't happen that much after this and the further in we get the more the fights are going to be based in strategy.

>not Kolulu

>Kiddiy pokemon ripoff
>Gash/Zatch is voiced by Pikachu

Get Pikachu/Chopper/Morgana out of Zatch.

Not sure why the translators for this release call Brago "Burago" here and in when other scans that don't use the localized names still use "Brago"

Especially since when he shows up again, they just switch to Brago anyways

I hope you fags are ready for some filler because that's what this chapter is!

Also, I don't think Homeostasis means what Raiku thinks it means.

Pretty sure it refers to automated body processes for like keeping yourself in the right temperature range and shit

I never got this.
How different are their spells on Earth and in the mamodo world? Even without Bao Gash should be still pretty average.

Is Kiyo ever shirtless?

not sure I understand your point? Also spoilers

A few times I think?

Gash is always said to have been at the bottom of the class but all of his spells are pretty good.

Do you recall what situations were those?

Anything apart from normal beach stuff?

Even though it's explicitly said later on that in the demon world they can use their spells themselves, I don't think that means back in the demon world, they had ACCESS to all their spells

For Gash, and I assume Tio and Kanchome and other ""weak"" demons, back in the demon world they only were able to use their basic spells as well.

The only time I recal it for sure is a spring break chapter where he goes swimming, but i'm sure it happens a few other times

Ok, I'll check around these threads, I hope he was shirtless wearing pants at least once.

Early morning bump.

iirc later on they talk about him basically going unconscious every time he tried to cast his spells even if just for the duration of it, and everyone mocking him for it. And he only showed his most basic spell in the flashbacks, he may not have actually had any others.

Typo maybe, hemostasis is the right word.

>Always thought this ran in Jump
>actually ran in Shonen Sunday

I love how whenever characters comically break anatomy like on this page, other characters see it and notice

>Kiyo's eye's bulging when she grabs gash

love this page

If anyone is learning japanese and is intermidiate level i recommend you to try and read it in japanese. Its mostly easy grammar and if a weird kanji or one that you dont know appears it has furigana so you can look it up

Whew, glad that chapter's done.