ITT: anime where a director, writer or animator peaked

ITT: anime where a director, writer or animator peaked.

I'll start: Kawamori

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qYEBS3aUC8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Butcher

Tomino

Anno

SZS - Shinbo

Kon

>implying
Escaflowne's love triangle was pretty bad, and the plot crashed hard with the twists toward the end.

Kawajiri

Umetsu

Tatsuyuki Nagai

Shirow

Tomino

Ikuhara

Escaflowne is one my favorite animes has that guy done anything besides that anime?

What are you talking about; he's at his peak right now. Well oiled Negroes make the world go around.

Isn't it obvious?

Arjuna is his peak tho

Welcome to Sup Forums, remember to lurk for at least two years before posting. In your case, even two weeks would be an improvement.

Nostalgiafag detected

Penguindrum is miles better

Despite pitching the initial concept and providing mecha design, Kawamori probably didn't end up providing much to the final product.

Akane would make more sense.

Taniguchi

Also Okada.
While Akane definitely deserves a lot of the credit to Escaflowne's success (along with Yoko Kanno's music), from what I've read Kawamori was involved in the actual production of the anime beyond the original concept and series composition. The only person I know that actually left the project while it was shelved was Imagawa. Here's a video of Kawamori talking about Escaflowne

youtube.com/watch?v=qYEBS3aUC8U

No series in particular, but Hironori Tanaka peaked in the late 2000s. He's been more active again these recent seasons but the quality of his work varies greatly with some of them looking phoned in as he was called on board a project just to quickly supply some good animation.

Sailor Moon Super is better

hi sauce

I came here to post this.

This is absolute bullshit.

ranma for takahashi
Bebop for wantanabe
Madoka for butcher
Pic unrelated mostly.
I think I covered the easy ones.

If you like metaphoric metaphors in symbolic symbolism symbollically representing nothing, then sure

How is that different from Utena exactly?

Hosoda: Baron Omatsuri
Ikuhara: Utena
Imaishi: Dead Leaves
Takemoto: Hyouka

>This is absolute bullshit.

How? Sailor Moon is absolutely a better drama than Utena. Utena deals with more abstract ideas, but I can't say it ever becomes as fundamentally compelling.

I saw Penguindrum first and I must absolutely disagree.

Thanks for the laugh mate.

Looks like Kite

Sailor Moon is NOT good at drama. How can you say that? Anytime Sailor Moon tried to get dramatic, it turned into poop.