Has 2 english parents

>Has 2 english parents
>They didn't teach her english

What kind of parents wouldn't teach their kids english?

Most parents don't teach their children English.

Her father is a famous movie director, cut her some slack!

Most foreigners won't because they'd prefer their daughters to speak the countries native language over their's.

You could argue that they would teach her both eventually but with Ana being like 9 maybe having to learn two languages would've been dificult.

Also, you don't want engrish jokes? What's wrong with you

An Australian friend with parents from the Netherlands told me his parents neglected to teach him Dutch because back then it was said that brain development would suffer from learning too many languages too early.

I guess maybe if it's some irrelevent language, but why would you not want teach your child english? no matter where you live, if both parents speak it fluently it goes without saying.

>but why would you not want teach your child english?
Because we don't support your imperialistic ambitions.

>Dutch
>irrelevant

Is this really true? I've heard that children can easily acquire both languages that way, speaking their parents native at home and the other everywhere else.

>Is this really true?
The story, yes. The science behind it, no.

>The science behind it, no.
That what I thought. I know a family in Spain, the father is Scottish, the mother Polish and their children can effortless switch between speaking all three tongues.

Did they not care about having her being able to visit with her relatives? I only had one American parent and he made sure I spoke English well enough so I could talk with all of my grandparents and cousins.

Not going to mention my ethnicity, but the reason why my parents never taught me their native language is because they didn't want me to have an accent. Same could apply to Ana?

There's an episode where she goes to visit relatives, and she says she can't speak with them.

Her parents must be huge fucking weebs, they're BOTH english

If you learn young, it wouldn't make any difference.

If you have the language to offer, you might as well teach it, I guess. Unless you're preferentially teaching it over English, there's no real issue.

I grew up speaking both English and Japanese and learning English did not affect my accent for Japanese.

That is sad. Children need their grandparents, don't they?

>caring about your dead language
If you wanted Dutch to survive, why didn't you create any interesting works of culture in the last millenia?

>all these excuses
The real reason many parents don't teach their children their mother language is that they want to have a secret language in which they can communicate with each other.

That's so much bullshit. I've been raised using three different languages. It's true that I tend to mix them in my sentences at home BUT as far as I remember I always knew how to differentiate each one.

Are you half jap? were you raised in japan?

Yes. I live in America now though.

don't wanna turn this in to a blog thread, but is being a mixed race jap in japan as bad as the memes say it is?

I will try to be swift so that I do not become too off-topic.

I was bullied a little bit in elementary school but as I grew older I got a lot of positive attention for being more exotic. A lot of people asked me on dates in high school.

Really the only people who will actively discriminate are the elderly, at least in my experience. My grandparents were actually not approving of the marriage and after my mother died they broke contact with us. I have not seen them since her funeral.

>your dad is a white widower raising a kid alone in Japan

man, I feel sorry for him.

My father died before my mother did. I am sorry for not clarifying that.

Seeing how bad your English is, I've got to wonder if teaching you was really the path to go. I guess the gap between the languages is just too great.

wew lad, sounds like you'e had a hard life, keep on keeping on

there's nothing wrong with his english moron

>>there's nothing wrong with his english moron
t. ESL.

>sounds like you'e had a hard life,
You have no idea how old he is or at what age he lost his parents.

I'm Australian with Italian parents. My parents didn't teach me any Italian, aside from a couple of phrases. Strangely, I can understand my grandparents, who speak next to no English whatsoever, but I cannot conversate with them in their language.

I am fine now. I am married and am looking forward to starting my own family.

well best of luck, man. Pregnancy sex is the best

Because you learn English in school. Until then you learn your mother tongue

Because Japanese is so hard that it's impossible to learn it at the same time as another language.

muslims ones.